PDA

View Full Version : How did you choose your femme name?

Elizabeth Anne
04-01-2006, 02:28 PM
This topic has probably been discussed before, but since I joined only a short time ago, I thought I would ask.
I have actually had two since I came out. The first was Crystal Nichole.

Crystal was after Chrystal Gayle, the country singer. Nichole was after one of my relatives & I really liked the name. My wife hated this name from day one. I had some family issues for several years & was out of crossdressing totally. When I started back my wife said another name is a must.

We came up with my present one which really means alot to me.
Elizabeth is what my mother named my younger sister who died shortly after birth. Anne is my only daughters middle name. My wife says I look like a "Beth" so here I am.

Kitty Sue
04-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Kitty was the name of a young woman in a WW2 series when I was a kid. She was really pretty with big dark eyes and shoulder length brunette hair. I have always remebered her. Sue I guess from a substitute teacher I had a crush on when I was about 10 years old. Again big brown eyes and long brown hair.

CharlaineCadence
04-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Charlaine is an alternitive spelling of the feminine of Charles my given male name. I also find it to be a name I have accepted and called myself since child hood. then when I met my first wife and started to dress she she and I talk and she decided that this was the nme that best fit my personality.

Cadence is from my favret female actor who is a ver mascil woman yet feminine at the same time cadence burgnam from murphy brown. though i did not like the way she spells it i do love the way she pronouces it and that is how i spell it. I met her years back while stationed in california and she is shuch a wounderful woman. so for me it was an honor to chouse that as my middle name

Nord. Thia is part of my given namst name i do use the full name it is an old name we where given when the BIA ( beuro of indian affairs gave it to us. ) It also is a family name going back a long time so i am not sure wich story i have been told is true.

so I am Charlaine Cadence Nord. that is in a nut shell.

Bev06 GG
04-01-2006, 03:25 PM
I chose my partners name because it was what I wanted to call my eldest daughter and my hubby didn't like it. She is called Jay and I love it.
BEVxxxx

Janelle Young
04-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I chose the name Janelle because I have always liked it. The other reason is it starts with the same letter as my given middle name.

Jodie_Lynn
04-01-2006, 03:31 PM
The "Jodie" part comes from my first name Joseph, combined with the first initial of my last name, "D". The "Lynn" part I attached because it seems to appropriate to soften the first name. My wife agrees and says I "seem" like a Jodie-Lynn.

Its also kind of a thrill because alot of my friends call me Joe D.

karen fox
04-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm going to be REALLY boring!
Karen is the name I would have been called if I had been born a girl, my mum told me often enough!!!

Gale R
04-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Simple answer from me as well, just changed the first letter of my name from D to G and yes i know girls can be called Dale as well.:)

Hugs Gale.

PS it does save my SO from making mistakes and when she has nobody noticed.:happy:

Tina Dixon
04-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Tina is close to Tim, and I have thread going right now where you can vote for my last name.

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I just picked one because I liked the sound of it, or the look of it in type. And Bev, here all this while I thought you were *really* Bev, it hadn't occurred to me that the GG's here were in disguise!

brightmank13
04-01-2006, 04:36 PM
i chose my name so as not to confuse the postman among others ;)

Kimberly Diane
04-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I, like some others have mentioned, chose the birth name my mother would have given me. I cherish it and consider it a gift in a way from her. :happy:

Amelie
04-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I threw a dart at a bunch of girls and the one that got hit by the dart, I took her name.

Amelie is taken from the film "Amelie". I only use this name online, I have another name that I use at home and out and about.

BeckyAnderson
04-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I was trying to decide on a name and the telephone rang. It was a telemarketer from somewhere down south. She said with a sweet Southern draw, "Hello, my name is 'Becky Lynn Anderson'." That has been my name ever since. :D

Alyssandra Jasmine
04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Stuck with my real initials.

Alyssandra has the same root name as my boy name. The Mrs chose Jasmine. I like the way the name can be shortened to Alyss.

Whatever I am called, the cats still treat me as their slave.:p

Sarah Coleman
04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I chose Sarah becasue I liked the sound of it. Coleman I just thought up.

vanisree3
04-01-2006, 06:50 PM
As i wrote in my earlier thread, one aunty (mallika rani) dressed me up as lady and also tied me with ropes for the first time in my life 35 years back. still i am unable to forget the incident. hence, i have chosen the fem name "mallika rani". I love that name. further, the word 'mallika' stand for 'jasmine' and the word 'rani' means 'queen'. what a great. jasmine is the beautiful and smell showered flower. so i am queen of jasmines.
yours
mallika rani

Joy Carter
04-01-2006, 07:23 PM
I did this once before but then again one for the totals.
Joy is being happy and up lifting Carter sounds down to earth and stable (????).

Joy was a woman I meet and became attached to when I was ten. Carter was a family name I am more accepting of my self since I gave her a name.

Totals Are Every Thing

Heading Toward One Thousand

Georgette
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
After the dress design GEORGETTE, and I loved the movie Georgy Girl that helped me to decide on Georgette:happy:

gennee
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I have always liked the name 'Genevieve'. I shortened it to 'Gennee' (pronounced Jenny) since there are a couple of Genevieves here.

GENNEE

trannie T
04-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I use the name Judy, after my fourth grade teacher Judy Pederson. She was a wonderful person and died far too young.

Gail Stauffer
04-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I chose gail as it is a fitting name for the pretty young woman I feel at times I am, and Stauffer was the last name of a prett girl that was a classmate in 8th grade that I remember, and it just seemed to fit well together!!

Tamara Croft
04-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Although I'm a GG, Tamara isn't my real name ;) My name is a longer version of my SO's fem name 'Tammy'. (I hope it was ok to post in this thread)

jeenie67
04-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Boa noite! Jeenie seemed the logical choice as my real name is Gene. I really don't care about security or discretion. I will be me and if someone doesn't like it, they carry the baggage. I like being called Jeenie, it soothes me and it suits me. Thank You, Jeenie

SEXY_HEATHER
04-02-2006, 02:05 AM
i chose heather michelle.when i was married if i had a daughter it would have been heather.and michelle it goes with heather

Bonnie Jean
04-02-2006, 09:24 AM
My fem name is based on my aunt who died when I was young. Bonnie, means attractive, and fair, which she always was to me. Jean was her name. Hopefully I can live up to it.

Cherry Lynn
04-02-2006, 09:35 AM
I go by Danielle Marie when fem. I chose Danielle as it is a variation of my adorable wife's name. Marie just seemed to go with it. If ordering mail order items with my fem name and our daughter happened to get the mail she would think they misspelled my wife's name.

Adele
04-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I chose Adele as I feel it is a pretty name with the first two letters the same as my male name. Keep it sweet and simple!

stephanie100
04-02-2006, 09:49 AM
My SO picked Stephanie which i like why because it suits me she said.
Steph

janice4ever
04-02-2006, 11:36 AM
:) I chose Janice, it's the name of a girl I work with and I wish I looked like her, Thus Janice4ever:cool:

steffie39
04-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Interesting question. The first time my wife dressed me and I looked in the mirror, I saw a Steffie staring back. The name just popped into my head. Lisa was second but Steffie won out by a large margin.

Steffie

Lauren Mitchell
04-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I have always like the name of 'Lauren' and that begins with the first letter of my last name. And I really don;t know how I came up with 'Mitchell.'

Samantha?
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Samantha comes from my favorite actress - Samantha Morton. Plus, it just feels and sounds right when I think of myself.

Marla S
04-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Thinking about a name for this forum, Marla Glen poped into my mind.

jennifer marie
04-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Mom always said my name would have been Jennifer my wife added Marie

Francine
04-02-2006, 08:48 PM
My name was sort of picked by my mother. It was one of those things where when she was pregnant, she said "if I have a boy it will be 'johnny' or a if it's a girl, it will be 'Francine'." She told me that once, and I liked the name so when I started crossdressing, and as others have said "looking in the mirror", I remembered that statement, so it looks like I have given her .... both. :)

Francine

Billie1
04-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Easy! I've been called it all my life. :D

Leigh Davis
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Leigh is a more fem version of my middle name and Davis is the street I grew up on.

:cheeky:

Krystenw
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
My mother wanted a girl and thought that if she only picked out girl names that it would happen.
My birthcertificate has Krysten on it. No one even noticed until I joined the navy. My mother then filled out a correction paper and changed it to christen.
I just like the original way better.

KatieZ
04-02-2006, 10:19 PM
My fem name is based on my aunt who died when I was young. Bonnie, means attractive, and fair, which she always was to me. Jean was her name. Hopefully I can live up to it.

The first time I saw your name I thought of the movie Brigadoon and one of my favorite songs:

TITLE: I'll Go Home with Bonnie Jean

I used to be a roving lad
A roving and wandering life I had
On any lass I'd frown
Who would try to tie me down
But then one day I met a maid
Who held out her hand and I stayed and stayed
And now across the green
I'll go home with Bonnie Jean

{Refrain}
Go home, go home, go home with Bonnie Jean
Go home, go home, I'll go home with Bonnie Jean

In Edinburgh I used to know
A lass with an air and her name was Jo
And every night at ten
I would meet her in the glen
But now I'll not see her again
Especially not in the glen at ten
For soon across the green
I'll go home with Bonnie Jean

{Refrain}

Hello to married men I've known
I'll soon have a wife and leave yours alone
A bonnie wife indeed
And she's all I'll ever need
With Bonnie Jean my days will fly
And love her I will 'til the day I die
That's why across the green I'll...

{Refrain}

Oh btw, I like your name

Hugs

Leggy Ashley
04-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Delighla all starteed because i was trying to get a fem name close to David, and i feel delightful when i am en femme so that just kinda added together to make delighla

phylis
04-02-2006, 10:35 PM
when i was young, we had a family that lived next door. in fact, their daughter was my first girlfriend. i happened over a few years to catch her mother partially clothed. she always had like a playtex body girdle type thing.
i think these few glimpses have driven me over the years to love the feel of those type of garments...maybe a little weird, but i loved the look of her in those garments and i love the feel of the material next to my skin...anyway, her name was phylis and that's why i've chosen my screen name...

my best to all of you who share their true stories...

this is the first time in my life that i've shared my secrets with anyone, now i'm sharing them with everyone...love this site...thanks you all...

wendy
04-03-2006, 08:24 AM
During my college years, i had a classmate (and a good friend) whose name is wendy.

I felt she was a sharp dresser, she smelled very nice, and was a pleasant person all around to be with and hang out with. She was also very attractive too.:happy:

Ms. Donna
04-15-2006, 09:33 AM
No big story as to my 'femme' name: Donna Lynn Matthews Donna : I always liked the name and it just felt right Lynn : Seemed to go well with Donna :) Matthews : My 'real' middle name is Matthew
Came up with it in 1997 and I've used it ever since.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Jamie M
04-15-2006, 09:36 AM
The name that i choose for myself originaly was Jennifer or Jenni for short and this was how i stayed until about a couple of years ago . To be honest i can't really remember any deep reason why i choose that nam just that it began with the same letter as my drab name and i thought it sounded okay .

well when kelly began actually taking an active interest in my femme life we had a chat and the biggest problem for her ( amongst many others you understand ) was that of my name . she just couldn't bring herself to use that name for some reason . she just hated it , it wasn't me she said . so we sat down and went through all possible alternatives and ended up with Julia , voila

Karren H
04-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Karren is a one leter deviation on my male name and Hutton is my mothers maiden name. Karren's twin sister's names were madeup, Kandi Fabrique and Kari Wilde! They just sounded good!! hehehe

Love Karren

Diannna
04-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Well years ago when I was first starting out on my own, I went by Linda. I kind of liked that name, and there didn't seem to be too many Linda's around. Then some years later I met a girl who accepted my cd'ing and she suggested I go by Charlotte. A form of "charlatan" meaning a fake, or a pretender. I thought it rather clever. But now in the last ten years or so I decided to go with something that used my original initials. So I wrote down everything and came up with "Diana Eileen". It's useful in that my checks just have my first and middle initial and last name on them. Same with my credit cards. It does come in handy.

Nigella
04-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Simple feminisation of my male name

Jennaie
04-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I typed in Julie as username, it said, that name is already in use, would you like to be Julie25647777395777. I typed in Jennie, again I was offered some silly name followed by numbers. I typed in Jenn, same thing. I typed in Jenny, and so it went till I was accepted as Jennaie. It's so nice to be accepted for who you are. :cheeky: :cheeky:

Felicia Fox
04-15-2006, 10:35 AM
hi,

my name is foxfurlover but im going to chane it to felicia fox, a furlover told me i looked like felicia galant on another world i also loved the show i remember liberace was on it once he said it was his favorite show for now on ladies you can call me Felicia Fox that is my new name fur now on. please pm me and tell me if that name is right for me.

Sally Gray
04-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Mine comes from a girl I was at junior school with...she had her hair in the most fantastic blonde bob.

Only afterwards did I discover that we have a television presenter with the same name here in the UK.

Bobbie
04-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, my real name is Robert an the femme fersion of that is Roberta. The short version of Robert is Bob, hence Bobbie. Bobby is what my real close "GG" friends would call me anyway so I went with a name that I'm used to anyway.

Nlenro-nu2
04-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi I'm Nlenro-nu You note that is neither male or female that's because it's my witch name and I feel it's appropiate in this forum! How do you get a witch name? take every 3rd letter of your full name and put it together that is your witch name. You have the right to put a hyphen in it where ever you want for reasons of your own. I had 2 reasons. I know a guy I hate whose name is Ron. he's a real nasty bully. The other reason to make my witch name sound more powerful. Don't you think Nlenro-nu sounds more powerful than Nlenronu? Oh by the way I'm logged in as Nlenro-nu2 cause there was trouble with logging in as Nlenro-nu password wasn't being recognized. So I rejoined as Nlenro-nu2

04-15-2006, 06:36 PM
I actually went through many different names over the years but never felt like I found one that really suited me. One night I was talking to a friend and told her I really wanted to keep my same initials so I wanted a first same that started with a 'T' She suggested Tanya and I've been Tanya ever since!

My middle name was a bit easier. If I had been born a girl my mother would have named me Audrey. Since my middle name starts with an 'A' I felt that it was fitting to keep Audrey as my middle name.

Nlenro-nu2
04-15-2006, 06:41 PM
I know a female that goes by Robbie. Her name is actially Roberta. I haven't seen her since Timmins.. She works at Tangles and did my make up
and hair there. I went to the soup Kitchen to see what would happen and
see how my new look turned out. It was fine until it rained. Then everyone realized I was a crossdresser and not a real female! A few wise people said Oh Well different Strokes for different folks but there was quite a bit of ridiculing from others. So if you ever dress up with make up be sure you use waterproof makeup don't be a cheapie like me here.
I'm Nlenro-nu2 You note my name is neither male of female. It is my witch name. If I were to choose a female name it would be Ellen cause that is similar to my witchname.

danadoll
04-15-2006, 06:52 PM
easy for me, just added A to Dan ! also I had a crush on a Dana way back in high school.
plus I'm a doll !!!!

rachel1985
04-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey ladies!!!

How are we all??? Having a good weekend?

Anyway, heres a good one.

How did you chose your female name?

Everyone is welcome to answer this.

Jeanette TS
04-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Well i was lucky my ex wife picked it out for me she just came out with it one day and it stuck. So Jeanete is here :D

Jeanette x

viviane
04-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi,

Me and a friend looked up the meaning of the name, and seen that it matches both personalty and my other name. So, now Viviane is like a third name which people use.

Vivian

Stephanie Kay
04-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Hi,

My boy name is Stephen. 'Nuff said. I love my girl name even more!

Tina Dixon
04-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Just know when I was young if I where a girl it would be Tina as its close to Tim as possible.

Gail Stauffer
04-16-2006, 06:18 PM
hello there, I chose my name totally different from my real name, Gail is the name I would use if I could be a real girl, because it's just a very pretty name, and the last name I felt fit perfectly, and was the last name of a girl I used to know in school who was pretty, so hence the name Gail Stauffer

serinalynn
04-16-2006, 06:43 PM
My paternal grand mother was Norwegean and her name was Ingor Serina. ai just love Serina and thats what ai use and then later I added Lynn as a middle name. and thats where Serina Lynn came from:thumbsup:

MsMichelle22
04-17-2006, 01:50 AM
My sister picked out my name when she started dressing me up.:happy:
and loved it ever since.

:doll:Michelle:doll:

Satina Silky
04-17-2006, 02:18 AM
I choose Satina Silky because I think that satin and silk are the most feminine materials. And thay feel wonderful on my skin:happy:

Melora
04-17-2006, 06:31 AM
I chose Melora because there is too many Rachelles on this site! I chose Melora because SHE is my favorite singer in the Goth-like @ Victorian band = Rsputina. http://www.rasputina.com/ They ARE HOT! I LOVE THEM!

Sam-antha
04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
No one has volunteered that their choice was based on a round, husky, sexy sound to their chosen moniker.

Samm

jennylou
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Like a lot of other girls, mine comes from my mother. She always told me that I was supposed to be born a girl and that my name was to be Jennifer. Everyone was convinced that I was to be female and she was totally shocked when I arrived.
I never did have the courage to tell her about my feelings.

MichelleGray502
04-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I pick Michelle 'coz me mother told me if i was born a girl i would been called that with my other 3 sisters, it also 'me male name in french(michael) and just seems to suit to me to a tee everyone that knows me well enough.

marciegirl777
04-18-2006, 11:45 AM
My name came to me during one of those rare but wonderful dreams where I am a pretty girl. I wasn't sure who I was, but I was probably about 12-14 years old in the dream. I was wearing a light green skirt and looking at my feet distinctly remember someone saying "What's your name?" and without hesitation, I heard myself reply "Marcie". It must have been a glimpse into my inner soul and the name seemed so "right" for me.

Anahis
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
I picked the name Anahis becouse the first time I bought a mini-skirt, that was the name of the brand and I liked it.

Faye Emmette
04-18-2006, 05:51 PM
F. Emmette