PDA

View Full Version : On a lighter note

Julie York
04-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Julie York is dead!

o.k. not exactly dead. The curly haired version died today when I washed the tangled mess of my very first wig and made it even worse. (though I might give it a haircut yet!) But well, you know.....first wig. First time I ever saw.....'her'. Bit sad really.

So I washed it badly in some stuff that was probably not right and detangled it using a circular saw and blow torch and funnily enough it looks worse.

In fact if I wore it, it would be my "Jule York road kill" look.

A kind friend suggested I wore it and see if I pass as a homeless woman.:D

Any other wig disasters out there? Oh go on you know you want to tell me about drying it in the oven.....You do!........

PS: Moderators. This is a thread about crossdressing for cross dressers in a crossdresser forum all about crossdressing. Just in case you were unsure about my season ticket to the Lounge.

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 03:25 PM
A kind friend suggested I wore it and see if I pass as a homeless woman.:D

::::unladylike guffaw::::::

Tina Dixon
04-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I dreaded washing my wig the first time, but it turned out fine, may be next time don't use the saw?

Tina York, I'll go with a diffrent last name, don't want to be related to homeless woman:D

Sam-antha
04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Should have dried it first with the torch before you used the saw. anyway it was the wrong kind of saw. Use a Hacksaw next time.
Sorry for you, I remember being very afraid when I did my first time into the wash.

Jodie_Lynn
04-01-2006, 03:36 PM
>sigh<

OK, for the last time:

Orbital sander FIRST

THEN the circular saw,

AND THEN the torch.

Geez, weren't you paying attention in Home EC/workshop class?

:cheeky:

Jenni
04-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh oh, Julie, you guys have now made me paralyzed with fear about wig-washing :eek: At least I know that the saw definitely does not work. I'll have to keep an eye on any tips the other girls come up with to avoid ending up with something that resembles an abused floor mop :cheeky:

Wendy me
a sad time yet again on this forum we all will morn the untimely passing of your dear departed wig...as you/ we all morn the passing of your wig we think of them photos you and your wig happly shared with us all here ...

i can still see how happy your departed wig looked as it sat on top of your head ..your wig will be missed by you as well as crossdressers all over the world ......

well some one had to give a fitting send off......

sorry for your loss.....

Deborah
So I washed it badly in some stuff that was probably not right and detangled it using a circular saw and blow torch and funnily enough it looks worse.

:OT: :OT: to the lounge with you. ;)

Jenny Beth
04-01-2006, 03:43 PM
So sorry to hear about your BHD (Bad Hair Day) You probably would have done better in a convertible at 100 miles an hour in the pouring rain. Next time read the instructions......:D

Sherlyn
04-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Thats too funny Julie love the way you wash your wig ... I have a wig disaster too ...if y'all don't already know this ...NEVER I say never when your wearing your wig ...open a oven thats been roasting some sort of dinner ...the heat blast is an instant dose of frizzy ends and try brushing it out ...NOPE ...wig bye bye ..I learned that lesson.. so I'm thinkin here that we would probably do not well baking pizzas in a pizzeria unless perhaps the afro come back :p ...ugh!!! lol

Jennaie
04-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I wondered what was wrong with you today Julie. Your having a bad hair day. I hope you get things fixed with your wig. I know nothing about styling hair so I know how you feel. HUGS..

Jennaie :be:

Trinity_cat
04-01-2006, 03:47 PM
I've seen that wig, before you mangled it.........

......And you would have pass as a homeless woman :cheeky:

sparks
04-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I cheap out with halloween Wigs! Nothing like a good witch Hazel to season your goose! Ah and the variety! There is Hooker long and curly! Bubble gum Barbie blond! Sausy Red! and My fave the Dreadlocked green! I'm even more passable these days no one even looks twice at the hair coming from nylons!

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 04:39 PM
What, Sparks, no pink wig?

I've seen a gg in a pink wig, and thought she was really pretty, in a strange kind of way - she was so pretty that even the pink wig couldn't ruin it. Think I've even seen the wig in a store in Baltimore. Won't work on me. When I worked in Utah, guys were coloring their hair blue, yellow, green....course they were a tad younger than I am.

sparks
04-01-2006, 04:47 PM
The Pink always clashes with my red everything! So I went lavender!
I wish I was home! Tap Tap I wish I was home! Tap! I wish I was home! Tap!
Oh Witch Hazel is it really you! I thought you said go to apt. 2B
2B or not 2B that is the Question!

Sharon
04-01-2006, 04:56 PM
PS: Moderators. This is a thread about crossdressing for cross dressers in a crossdresser forum all about crossdressing. Just in case you were unsure about my season ticket to the Lounge.

Thanks for the note. It's almost an impulse to automatically banish your threads to the basement.

:bringiton:

GypsyKaren
04-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Julie York is dead!

No, this is a thread about wigs for wig wearers in a wig forum all about wigs.

Karen

Julie York
04-01-2006, 05:05 PM

Karen

Picky.

Charlene Marie
04-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Julie York, I know you are trying to be funny here, but there is nothing funny about homless women. Do you know how many homeless women are assaulted
and raped in my country? And they have no where to go for help.
My wife and I have helped many homeless and abused women. We have taken some in to care for. Get them a permanent address so they can receive the benefits they deserve, and donated to organizations to help them.
You should hear the stories they tell. If you could you wouldn't think it was cute or funny again.

EricaCD
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Funny, I just killed my first wig a couple weeks ago too! Sorry to see her go, that's for sure. (In my case, I tried shortening the bangs a bit. Turns out that even straight hair is tricky to cut...)

Erica

Julie York
04-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Julie York, I know you are trying to be funny here, but there is nothing funny about homless women. Do you know how many homeless women are assaulted
and raped in my country? And they have no where to go for help.
My wife and I have helped many homeless and abused women. We have taken some in to care for. Get them a permanent address so they can receive the benefits they deserve, and donated to organizations to help them.
You should hear the stories they tell. If you could you wouldn't think it was cute or funny again.

You seriously need to get a wider brain to fit everything in.

Congratulations on all your good works and your feeling of self importance.

Feel better now?

Joy Carter
04-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Arn't we getting even closer to the lives lived by real GG's BHD's I love it. You have to tried compressed air for drying no heat to ruin the hair but you will be a shoe-in for a seventies black funk band. Boogy On Down To Motown.

RenaCD
04-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Eeeek! Julie York you beast! (Being Nice) I Just washed my New Wig for the first time this Morning and now you are scaring me half to death. Its not dry yet will it turn out all right or am I going to end up with a Rats Nest?
The Power Tools are defiantly Out, Maybe a Lawncomb or a Cultivater. No leaf blowers aloud!!
Oh sure I did my older wig as a trail run and it turned out great, but my new baby, she make me look 25 years younger. Ok maybe 15, OK maybe 5 no 10 no 18, oh screw it I was never good at Math
Please Girls pray for my Hair!!!!!

Julie York Grrrrr!!! Rena

Deborah
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Julie York, I know you are trying to be funny here, but there is nothing funny about homless women.

You have to know her to love her. Julie is one of the most loved people on this forum for her wit. I understand what you're trying to say, but i also know that Julie doesn't mean it in an offending tone.
Hugs
Deborah

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 06:28 PM

Karen

Perhaps if it migrates from wigs toward wiggling, in what a man thinks of as a femme way, then it could be banished to....hmmm....mtf crossdressers? Oddities of the English Language? Strangeness of life?

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Julie York, I know you are trying to be funny here, but there is nothing funny about homless women.

I knew this would come up, I just knew it.

Charlene Marie, you are one very classy CD. I think the world of your posts. I just don't think we have to be uptight about having a laugh. No one was degrading homeless women, we were imagining being one, and laughing at ourselves. We were not laughing at homeless women, we were laughing at ourselves.

Humor usually involves some "sitting, and chair pulled out from beneath you" scenario. It doesn't mean you think people who actually miss the chair and find themselves grounded on their keesters should be degraded.

Laughter is a spontaneous thing. If we've got to run humor through 75 politically correct filters before we emit a guffaw, we're going to become humorless. May God and the Queen save us from that, and also from mean-spirited laughter.

My regards to you, I think highly of you.

Julie

sparks
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
To wig or not to wig that is the question! I think the road kill look could be nice! Builds character to say the least!
Quit picking and it will heal Ma always said!
Try parting it in the middle and see if that helps! Airplane wings out to the side endless possiblities

Joy Carter
04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
You are pretty much a sage among sages in this forum, thanks ever so much for your wit and humor I would like to grow up to be like you some day.

Pink and Red Is A Serious Violation Of Ethics

So Go Easy On The Eyes Joy Carter

Julie Avery
04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Most of what I know I learned from Jule York. The rest I learned from Tamara ;)

RenaCD
04-01-2006, 07:23 PM
I didn't Know they did classes where do I sign up?

Charlene Marie
04-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Sorry if I sounded overwrought about homeless people; women in particular.
It's something that is very important to me. No offense taken Julie. But once you know them; I mean REALLY KNOW THEM, it's hard to take their plight lightly, even if only in jest.

Jodi
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
About 25 years ago, I purchased my first wig at a yard sale--a nice, curly, shoulder length brunette wig. At that time, I did not have a clue about washing a wig. I washed it in very warm water with regular shampoo. Goodbye to any curls and the ends were frizzed.

As per instructions from my stylist. To wash any synthetic hair wig, use only shampoo that is made for synthetic wigs. This can be purchased at any wig store. Use cold water only. Add a couple of drops of the shampoo. Submerse the wig in the water. Allow it to soak in the shampoo/water for about 10 minutes. remove the wig and squeeze out the soapy water. At no time should you twist or wring out the wet wig. Submerse the wig in clear cold water to rinse. Again gently squeeze out the excess water. You may want to rinse twice. Then wrap the wig in a clean towel and press the wig with the towel to squeeze out excess water. Place the wig onto a wighead and allow to air dry. Do not brush the wig while it is wet. Never should any heat be applied to a synthetic wig. That is warm or hot water or a hair dryer.

The above applies to synthetic wigs only. Human hair wigs may be washed and dried as you would your own hair.

Hope this clears up any questions.

Jodi

TGMarla
04-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Had a wig that I trimmed the bangs on.....too short, it turned out. Damn thing wouldn't grow out, either, no matter how much I watered it.