PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry?

janelle
04-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi ladies, hope all is well. Been along day trying to find jewelry that fits. My problem is my neck is a size 18 which also means my wrists & ankles are big also. Biggest watch band i could find was 11mm which was stretched abit to fit so, what do i do? Go without? I think thats a big no-no is it not?Do i get bracelets that stretch abit for my wrists & not worry about that?
I just don't feel complete without some jewelry so i await all the wonderful advice i will get. Thanks tons girls, love ya all.

Janelle

Sage GG
04-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Try getting some of your jewelery at a store for plus size women. The avenue has a nice large selection of watches and bracelets.

Sharon
04-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Jewelry shops also sell extenders for necklaces and watches.

Christina Nicole
04-01-2006, 09:27 PM
If you are into costume jewelry, you may be able to buy two and take a few links from one bracelet and add them to the other to make it longer. A good set of needle nosed pliers and a magnifying viewer/light makes doing this much easier.

If you buy good jewelry, ask your jeweler to make some up in a longer size for you. Not every piece can be made longer, but most good jewelers design a few of their own items and can therefore make them for you in your length. The nice part is that for just a few thousand dollars, you can get a nice bracelet, necklace, earrings, and a matching ring that will fit right and look good on you. If you pick simple stones and settings, you can wear that jewelry with all of your outfits and always be stylish.

Both work. I have done both since I like dangly bracelets and my wrists are just slightly too big for them to drape just right. And while my wife only has good jewelry, some of mine is costume. I just can't justify spending that much money on myself.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

TGMarla
04-01-2006, 10:02 PM
I love pretty jewelry. Necklaces, earrings, etc.....I don't have a femme watch, but I do wear a bracelet on each wrist. After all, that's why God gave you two of them, right?

DonnaT
04-01-2006, 10:39 PM
18.5" neck here. My wife is into beading and makes necklaces, bracelets and earrings for me.

http://www.firemountaingems.com/

It's easy, and I can do it also, but my wife likes beading.