PDA

View Full Version : Weight of the world off my shoulders

Brandie.n
12-12-2020, 07:01 PM
As many of you may know I recently came out to my family and friends. They was all accepting and my mom has giving me most of my wardrobe. I had 2 friends i did not tell both female and one said ?We all knew it, we was just waiting on you.? My other female friend said to me?I known for a long time we was all just waiting for you to say it. Just remember no matter what flowers come in a vast variety inviting shape,color,growth and more. Even some weeds have flowers but, anybody that can appreciate the beauty in life will appreciate all flowers, regardless of what they are called. You could told me you was turning yourself into a monster and I would love you all the same.? I told her you know we wear the same size shoes so before you get rid of any I get first dibs and she agreed. I have a great support group. That being said after coming out it feels like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders no more hiding my stash no more sneaking around. I can finally be myself well both of me.

Lisa516
12-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Congratulations .....

Maid_Marion
12-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Hi Brandie.n

That is great news. Now you get to learn how to choose your own clothes! You can have fun shopping with your friends!

Marion

Stevie Allyn
12-12-2020, 07:43 PM
Brandie, you are a very lucky girl. Hold on to your friends and appreciate their support and the support of your family. Have a happy happy life and enjoy being both of yourselves. :love:

Michellebej
12-14-2020, 03:25 PM
A few years back one of my childhood friends passed away in a car wreck.

We, myself and my childhood friends had dispersed all over the country, and dozens of us gathered for the funeral. At the get together afterwards one of our old friends had something "important" he wanted to tell us. Something that had been bothering him for years. He needed to get it off his chest.

"I'm Gay".

We all looked at him in silence and finally he said "What?". I replied "We're waiting for you to tell us your secret".

"That's it, I'm Gay", he replied. To which the woman sitting next to him; put her hand on top of his and said:

"James honey, we've all known since you were 13".

Brandie.n
12-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Seems like we are not as good as hiding as we think. I got the same reply from my mom."We all known since you was 13."

Stevie Allyn
12-14-2020, 05:36 PM
That is beautiful Brandie. Mums eh? They know.

Brandie.n
12-14-2020, 06:32 PM
They really do

adelinapa
12-14-2020, 10:46 PM
Yay! \o/

I have recently, and a still in the process, of revealing myself as transgender non-transitioning to the people in my life so I get how you feel. It's exhausting, but in a good way, having the weight lifted from your soul.

Di
12-18-2020, 07:17 AM
Sorry I missed this....how refreshing.

Teresa
12-18-2020, 07:44 AM
Brandie ,
I get that , I'm so pleased for you .

When I came out to my wife it felt like a millstone lifted off my shoulders , what we have to be careful of we're not placing it on others , if I asked my ex wife now she might agree with that .

You should consider it half way out , as telling someone and seeing you is a big difference , evenso I'm not denying it feels good to gain that acceptance .

Bobbi46
12-22-2020, 05:19 AM
It is a weight of one's shoulders, I found it so myself and the first friend I dared to tell is a gay woman, dared should never have entered my mind because after visiting her and telling here about everything, we became great friends. After that it was just a matter of slowly telling everybody. And when it was all done, well it seemed like a new start in life had begun.

jenabrooks
12-22-2020, 06:16 AM
That is great news you have great friends that love you.

Lana Mae
12-22-2020, 06:17 AM
That is wonderful! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae

BTWimRobin
12-22-2020, 11:45 AM
Hi Brandie,

Congrats! Now you are free to be yourself. Enjoy the journey!

Brandie.n
12-22-2020, 04:43 PM
It is a weight of one's shoulders, I found it so myself and the first friend I dared to tell is a gay woman, dared should never have entered my mind because after visiting her and telling here about everything, we became great friends. After that it was just a matter of slowly telling everybody. And when it was all done, well it seemed like a new start in life had begun.
I to came out to a gay woman (she is my BFF) she told me we been all waiting on you to come out.

Stevie Allyn
12-22-2020, 05:30 PM
Our friends know us. It's surprising that sometimes we are surprised at how well our friends know us.

BLUE ORCHID
12-22-2020, 09:29 PM
Hi Brandi :hugs:, It sounds great You sound so happy, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**