PDA

View Full Version : Small positive sign :)

VS Fan
12-14-2020, 04:41 AM
I drove to the drug store the other day and literally forgot why I was there. So I text my wife to be funny and tell her about it. She rattled off things that I might be there for, and out of nowhere includes ?makeup?.... this is the tiniest of gestures, but it meant the world to me. These moments are rare, but to me it says that she loves me despite this, but also is beginning to accept it on a certain level where she?s comfortable to joke about it or mention it like this. Anyway, just had to share....

Helen_Highwater
12-14-2020, 05:13 AM
Kelly,

Lovely gesture on the part of your wife. It's quite possible that she's mellowing as time passes.

As for forgetting things,...... can't remember what it was I was going to say.

VS Fan
12-14-2020, 05:52 AM
Helen :D hahah!!

But yes - I think she is deciding that she loves ME more than she hates THIS and is realizing it’s not going away, but that it’s not the worst thing in the world. I don’t drink, I don’t gamble, I don’t cheat, I spoil her and the kids rotten, and I get up and go to work every day... she could do worse!! :)

Samm
12-14-2020, 06:06 AM
My wife is 100% supportive, we still have running jokes towards me/us and my dressing. I've found that a little humor helped break the ice during those times of growth and discovery, and still do. Laughter is healthy.
But the question is..... did you buy any make up?

VS Fan
12-14-2020, 06:08 AM
I wasn’t planning to, but she put the bug in my ear so yes! Haha I picked up some nail polish and eyeliner ;)

Crissy 107
12-14-2020, 06:24 AM
Kelly, That may be a small gesture but is a significant step forward for you both. Congrats!
Sometimes it is the small things that can bring the biggest smiles.

Kay J
12-14-2020, 06:32 AM
Things are coming around for you Kelly! You sound like a perfect husband! ;)

Liz Jones
12-14-2020, 06:44 AM
I wasn?t planning to, but she put the bug in my ear so yes! Haha I picked up some nail polish and eyeliner ;)

Ah yes ,but ---were you in drab :-) ?

VS Fan
12-14-2020, 06:55 AM
Liz - yes lol... I did go to my waxing appointment at the end of October en femme, but I don’t go out often fully dressed...

Kay - well maybe not *perfect* but I do try!! :)

docrobbysherry
12-14-2020, 12:37 PM
Remember, even the longest journey begins with one small step, VS!:thumbsup:

Bobbi46
12-14-2020, 01:12 PM
Small gestures like this go a long way to building ones confidence, so very nice for you.

Sherry Ann Evans
12-16-2020, 09:56 AM
Memory is the second thing you lose when you get older.

I forget the first.