PDA

View Full Version : My final journey

GypsyKaren
04-01-2006, 10:29 PM
It's been a little over a year now since I came out to my wife Kat, and it's been a wonderful time of discovery for both of us. After years of hiding in shame, I now go out into the world more and more as the real me, but it's never enough. It's been a time of evolution for me, a time of growth and discovery, and of hope.

The other day Kat and I went to the beach with a bottle of wine to share some "together" time. I was wearing a new outfit and felt so special, as cute as I can be. We sat down atop a sand dune and listened to our thoughts and to the waves crashing upon the shore. A wonderful feeling came over me, one of peace and enrichment, and I knew then what I had to do with the rest of my life.

I told Kat that I wanted to go full time now, that I couldn't straddle the fence any longer. I had finally found and embraced myself, and it was time to live my life as it was meant to be lived, as Karen. I never felt so right about a decision, I knew it was the only thing I could do. She said to me "be happy, be yourself, and I'll always have hold of your hand". Then she looked out at the waves rolling in and said "we'll be all right, don't worry about the world, and after all, the water doesn't care". That really hit my heart, for then I knew I'd be able to handle the reprecussions about this, that life would go on.

I'm drafting a letter now to post at work to explain myself, I'm already top of the rumor mill because of my jewelry and nail polish. We already have a non-op who is out there, so I've learned a lesson in what to do and what not to do. I won't expect them to call me karen, I'll be happy with Gypsy. I won't wear dresses or my wig to work because it would exceed their comfort zone, and after all, it is a steel mill. I believe these are necesary concessions to keep the peace, and I can live with this.

After great soul searching over the years, I've decided to remain non-op, and no hormones. I feel I'd have absolutely nothing to gain, but I'd lose the wonderful physical closeness that Kat and I share, something I don't ever want to lose. I also don't feel it would make me feel any closer to myself, and the bottom line is I'm happy as is, happy as a clam, you know. I have discussed with my tranny doc about staying non-op, and she's on board with it. I know there are some who believe I can't possibly be happy without SRS, all I can say is that I disagree, and it's my life and decision to make.

So, it should be interesting, and I'm excitedly looking forward to it. I know I haven't posted here much because moderating takes up a lot of my time, plus I counsel several members on living with this tranny business, but I'll find the time to be here more often. I also know that I can count on all of you for help and support with my journey, and for that I'm very grateful. Thanks for listening.

Karen

RenaCD
04-01-2006, 10:36 PM
You and Kat are in our Prayers and always will be.
Best of Luck Sis.

Butterflies are Meant to Fly, Fly Away Fly Fly

Deborah
04-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Good luck girlfriend. It may seem difficult at first, but it gets easier. (hey that's what they always say!!) :D

Seriously though i hope the best for you.

DonnaT
04-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Best wishes Karen. Nowadays, being TS and not having SRS is occuring more often.

Joy Carter
04-01-2006, 11:10 PM
May the force be with you ! Luck to ya lady.:thumbsup:

Gail Stauffer
04-01-2006, 11:43 PM
good luck karen I wish you the best!!

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-02-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm glad you've found your place on the TG spectrum. Best of luck to you and Kat!

mistunderstood
04-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Good luck.

KrazyKat
04-02-2006, 03:37 AM
The Force is with Us!! The Force of Love!!
Thanks for all Ur help!! The adventure of life continues!!

Kat :love:

Gemma Rhodes
04-02-2006, 03:41 AM
All the best Karen and I hope you will be contented and happy in the future.

Gemma xx

Sharon
04-02-2006, 04:46 AM
You will always have my best wishes for whatever makes you happiest, Karen. I am so happy for you right now that I could bust.

I hope only the best for you and Kat and I hope everything goes splendid. :happy:

Julie York
04-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Adele
04-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I wish you both every happiness for your future.

Yael
04-02-2006, 12:56 PM
You go girl! :^5:
Yael

sparks
04-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey Gk!
Fantastic for you! To come to such a realization is wonderful with time in your life to enjoy it!
You are a special person! Your kind words have touched me! I always look forward to your message replys! I know that in whatever you do you will remain a incredible person!
As I've told you before your so lucky to have Kat in your life! May God's luv be with the two of you always and help guide you through the times ahead!

Hey I still even support you as a Union member! If your mill is Unionized that is!

MOO to The EXcelsior!

Luv ya always

Sparks

Snoogums!

Sarahgurl371
04-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Karen, I wish the best to your and your wonderful soul mate Kat.

When you wrote about enjoying the beach together I was so happy for you. Then you wrote about your feeling of peace and calmness and I thought it couldn't get any better for you. Then you wrote about how the decision you had made just felt so right, and I was cheering for you.

But when you wrote that your soul mate accepted your decision, and embraced you for being you, thats the one that got to me. Thats what is all about. LOVE. Again I wish only the best for you both, and the journey you are on TOGETHER. Hold on to her hand and never let go!

CaptLex
04-02-2006, 02:04 PM
After great soul searching over the years, I've decided to remain non-op, and no hormones. I feel I'd have absolutely nothing to gain, but I'd lose the wonderful physical closeness that Kat and I share, something I don't ever want to lose. I also don't feel it would make me feel any closer to myself, and the bottom line is I'm happy as is, happy as a clam, you know. I have discussed with my tranny doc about staying non-op, and she's on board with it. I know there are some who believe I can't possibly be happy without SRS, all I can say is that I disagree, and it's my life and decision to make.

I hope you won't put too much stock into what anyone else has to say about your decision as to non-op and no hormones. Everyone has to find what works for him/her, and it's nobody else's business. Congrats to you on finding what works for you. :cool:

I'm very happy and inspired by your experience. Also, your relationship with Kat makes me hopeful that I may someday find someone just as loving and supportive. Hey, if it's possible in Indiana, why can't it work in NY? :cheeky:

Julie Avery
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Somehow I missed this thread till now. You know I admire you, Karen, and I'm happy to say it publicly. You're a courageous girl and always take time with a kind word when it can help another. If there's such a thing as "karma", I think your karma account's in great shape, hopefully that'll be an asset in your journey from here on out.

Jacqui
04-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Best of luck on your "final journey." You are fortunate to have a wife like Kat.
I hope you each have a life of unlimited limitations.
(I think that's what I mean!)

Jacqui

Adrienne Heels
04-02-2006, 06:53 PM
good luck to both you and Kat !!

Tamara Croft
04-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Wishing you both all the luck in the world :hugs: I hope everything works out for you both.

ChristineRenee
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm so happy for you Karen that you have found peace and contentment in your life and that Kat is so supportive of you. You are both an inspiration to all of us here, and I wish you both all the happiness and good fortune that you can achieve together.:hugs:

pattied
04-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Karen,

I wish you a lifetime of happiness and bliss. You have reached a place that many of us only dream about. Best of luck and warmest wishes moving forward in your life.

Lizz

Kimberly Diane
04-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I wish you both all the joy, peace, and happiness you desire. You deserve every bit of it. Your contributions and advice have been truly appreciated.:happy:

crusadergirl
04-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Good luck on your new journey karen I wish you the best Forever more>

Khriss
04-06-2006, 12:00 AM
... Yay ! Karen ...
ya know... I have'nt related so closely to thoughts expressed in a thread.... maybe... ever
"Keep on Trudgin " :thumbsup: xx"K"

MarieTS
04-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Karen-- it's wonderful to learn about the remarkable rapport you have with your Kate. Undoubtedly she seems willing to help you through the critical decisions ahead. In time you'll know for sure if you want to progress to mones, and possibly pursue another line of work that may be more compatible with your TG status. Thankfully Kate and others will be there for you, as will all of us!

rachel1985
04-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Wishing you and Kat all the best Karen hun!!!

Take care, keep smiling, and we'll all be here for you hun!!!

Rach

Kyara
04-19-2006, 12:14 PM
It has all been said...Karen.......and I am sure that not only said but felt and meant......

My love to both of you........what an inspirstion......a lesson....... a show of LOVE... let water be water........U...B...U......and love her.......

Blessings, Gratitude & Admiration....

jennifer marie
04-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Best of luck to both of you!