PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have to shower before dressing in women's clothes?

silkycdresser
12-19-2020, 02:23 PM
I've worn women's clothes whenever possible since childhood but I've always "had" to shower before and would feel too dirty to dress up .

Maybe it's because dressing has always been a kind of recreation to me, creating and "being" the woman I wish I was married to, in physical and clothing terms, so maybe I view it as a sacred ritual or at least something very special, so I need to feel clean before dressing.

Anyone else similar?

KymG
12-19-2020, 02:38 PM
Yes, i prefer to when i have time.
Feels like im starting from scratch.

Stevie Allyn
12-19-2020, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't say I have to shower first but I do very much prefer to shower before dressing. Sometimes when I am happily having a male day the act of showering will trigger the desire to dress. Not sure why that would be, maybe I associate being clean and smelling good with femininity?

CharlotteCD
12-19-2020, 03:00 PM
I prefer to, but it's not compulsory. If I'm going the full way, I will shower because I can shave at the same time and that's a must!

DianeT
12-19-2020, 03:08 PM
Always do. Not because they're female clothes. Just because I'm not slipping in clean clothes when dirty.

Star01
12-19-2020, 05:16 PM
I have never been in such a hurry to dress that I neglected to bathe and shave. I have, however, been in a hurry to remove those clothes many times and was glad that I bathed before putting them on because I was prepared for what happened later.

Angela Marie
12-19-2020, 05:18 PM
I shower daily, twice sometimes due to daily workouts. Whether i'm dressing or not is irrelevant.

Teresa
12-19-2020, 05:27 PM
Silky,
My usual daily routine is to shave all over and then shower before putting my makeup on and getting dressed , even if it is just jeans and a blouse before taking a walk with other dog walkers .

I can understand the idea of it being sacred , I felt that sometimes many years ago but not now .

candykowal
12-19-2020, 07:53 PM
Oh yes, It is my routine before wearing feminine garments. ...a sacred ritual??? Eh...
Being clean and neat was one of many, motherly advice points I was told, when I was a teenager learning to transition.
"No one likes a dirty person!"
It was explained to me that it is part of the whole presentation, to smell feminine and feel soft and supple.
Using the correct products was very important too, Zest didn't make the cut.
Back then, I was using Avon skin so soft oils and Satin Talc Powder, Herbal Essence Shampoo and conditioner and Avon Always perfume and lotion.
Today, taking the time to bathe in Calgon Lavender bath oil beads or shower with Caress Body Soap.
Touching up my epulated arms and legs so nylons don't snag and satin fabrics glide over my bodies curves!
When I am clean and smelling pretty, I am more confident on my presentation, and it motivated me to accept my overall situation.
It was also a way of loving myself and accepting how I was raised.
Maybe a Sacred Ritual if you consider it is all part of your mental health too.

KatieTv
12-19-2020, 09:04 PM
I bathe and have my whole body or I dont do it.

abby054
12-19-2020, 09:15 PM
I get even less opportunity to do laundry than I do to dress. I shower and shave before dressing so the clothes will stay cleaner longer.

Alice Torn
12-19-2020, 09:31 PM
SOmetimes. I dont want to stink with B.O. when putting on such nice things.

Janine cd
12-19-2020, 10:23 PM
I usually shower and shave my entire body before slipping into my feminine things. The scent of my lotion helps my feel ready to be a woman again.

Robertacd
12-19-2020, 10:24 PM
As long as I was not dirty, sweaty, or stinky I never bothered to do more than wash my face and shave if I was going do makeup. Which was not very often for most of my life.

Jillcder
12-19-2020, 11:29 PM
I sure do the first thing I do before dressing is shower, shave my face, legs, chest and of course I use a ladies razor with scented shaving cream after showering I apply a lavender lotion and a feminine deodorant. For me this is a very important part of my feminization process.

mbmeen12
12-20-2020, 02:28 AM
Does anyone else have to shower before dressing in women's clothes?

Wow Im speechless...but will give it a try to opine, since the question was proposed...Yes

Georgina
12-20-2020, 05:36 AM
I do. I have to after a day's work grime.

prene
12-20-2020, 05:44 AM
I do.
99% of the time I do after I get up or after I work out.

silkycdresser
12-20-2020, 06:18 AM
Thank you for all the responses and I am glad to know it's normal to want to feel especially clean before wearing women's clothes.

The reason I posted the question was because I've felt crushed lately by scenarios like the following:

1. Showering, shaving, drying, then a courier knocked at the door and the nearest clothes I could find nearby in a panic were my men's everyday clothes, but after I'd accepted the parcel and closed the door, I then felt the need to shower AGAIN before putting my dress on, simply because I'd worn my everyday male clothes for 5 minutes to answer the door in the meantime.

2. I went to bed determined to go jogging in women's clothes but then unexpectedly needed to go to the toilet, which made me feel too dirty to then just put my running gear on, and if I'd then had a quick shower, I'd have been late for work, so I decided not to go jogging and it made me feel sad.

Sure, it seems I like 99% of us like to feel clean and smell nice and shave before dressing up, but am I in the minority in the way I let scenarios like these "stop" me from putting on my dress or whatever?

GretchenM
12-20-2020, 09:41 AM
I think the clean and smelling nice is likely the main conscious reason. I use a women's shampoo and body wash and that creates what registers with me as an appropriate clean female odor. OK, that is not actually true, but it is close, at least for a little while.

There could be a subconscious association occurring as well. As Kym said, "... starting from scratch." Perhaps a psychological association that you are "washing away the maleness" to replace it with femaleness. I sometimes see hints of that kind of thinking in myself. Of course, that depends on the motivation for your dressing in the first place. If you just love the clothes and the like then that may not be a factor. But if dressing is a way to express the female-like identity you currently feel internally then the subconscious motivation to be "clean" might well be there, but you are just not very aware of it because it is a subconscious motivation. Search your feelings and see if that is part of it as well. You can bring a subconscious action or motivation into the conscious mind, but it is a difficult process and requires complete honesty with yourself. You can also convince your conscious mind of things that are not true; that is why conspiracy theories work. Be careful with this tool.

Cheryl T
12-20-2020, 10:26 AM
When I was working I would, just because of the work being outside and dirty.
Now retired I'm dressed almost full time so it's not necessary.

CrossKimmy
12-20-2020, 10:58 AM
A nice shower is a must for me personally. I love washing away all that maleness and stepping out fresh and smelling like a Queen. It?s like a renewal of the spirit.

Robertacd
12-20-2020, 11:59 AM
am I in the minority in the way I let scenarios like these "stop" me from putting on my dress or whatever?

Well I am no Doctor, but it sounds like you might suffer from some level OCD. Conditions like ADHD, depression, and anxiety disorders like OCD are very common in our community.

CarlaWestin
12-20-2020, 12:04 PM
So, I used to dress in the morning early right after getting up before I showered and started my work prep ritual.
Now that I've retired, I shave and shower and moisturise before getting all Carla in the morning.

Natalie5004
12-20-2020, 02:00 PM
Yes, Now I shave and moisturize even if I do not get an opportunity to dress. I feel more fem that way every day. I also do mascara most days dressed or not.

docrobbysherry
12-20-2020, 02:09 PM
No, Silky. But, I'm slim. Don't have much body odor or perspire much. And, don't have a cleanliness fetish!:heehee:

Unless I'm going out for the evening I'm most likely to shower AFTER I dress!:battingeyelashes:

Sidney
12-20-2020, 02:16 PM
I shower after my first cup of coffee in the morning and before I go to bed at night and any time between. For me its about personal hygiene and both male and females need it.

c2candice
12-21-2020, 02:46 PM
Yep, I shower before every time. I want to feel as fresh and clean as possible while dressed up. It?s all part of the feminine illusion.

JennasPanties
12-21-2020, 03:15 PM
Me too. Need to feel clean, smooth and feminine before I get dressed

Asew
12-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Anytime I wear something dry clean only I will for sure shower before hand (since usually wear these in the evening and not all day it is the second shower of the day).

But if it is machine washable I don't care. Granted I shower every morning and after every run (most runs are right before my morning shower but sometimes other times in the day and thus a second shower).

MarinaTwelve200
12-21-2020, 06:18 PM
I shower AFTERWARDS before going back to male mode---Get off all the sweat, Makeup and perfume. ;)

Krisi
12-22-2020, 08:22 AM
I typically shower in the evening, probably a habit left over from when I was working and sometimes getting dirty.

Anyway, when I get up in the morning, I am relatively clean so I just wipe my chest with alcohol so my forms will stick better and get dressed (as a female).

Pumped
12-22-2020, 09:19 AM
I may shower before, but it is so I don't get my girlie stuff any dirtier than necessary. I won't launder a dress every time I wear it.

Meghan4now
12-22-2020, 04:29 PM
I prefer to, but it's not compulsory. If I'm going the full way, I will shower because I can shave at the same time and that's a must!

Yeah, the shaving thing is pretty important, and I normally shave in the shower anyway. Depends on when I am getting ready, etc.

I make an exception for working out in the morning. I shower After that.

Of course I normally shower and shave everyday before getting dressed no matter what I am wearing. It's a ritual part of my day, and feels right. I feel off or grungy if I don't.

Julia B
12-28-2020, 07:03 AM
When dressing I like to start by showering using feminine fragrance shower gel and then applying a feminine scent deodorant when I get out of shower. It sets the mood for me.

Jodi Yardley
12-28-2020, 09:08 AM
YES! i enjoy the entire process of becoming the woman I want to see in the mirror, I need to be perfectly smooth especially my face...not even a hint of stubble.

Feel pretty, smell pretty....

Jillian Faith
12-28-2020, 09:18 AM
Yes I like to shower with a fragrant body wash so I don't smell like him when dressing enfemme.

Genifer Teal
12-28-2020, 10:52 AM
Wash and dry hair, Makeup, bath, clothes, finish hair, go out. I mostly get ready when I have somewhere to go. I would wash up anyway. I take the bath towards the end of getting ready so I leave the house before I get sweaty. This helps during the summer.

Sunny_with_a_chance
12-30-2020, 05:12 AM
Absolutely! Shave, shower, moisturize, everything.

Jane G
12-30-2020, 06:19 AM
Yes, but then I probably shower too much any way. I'm pretty active, as an older male and after any remotely sweaty activity I just need a shower. simples. So showering before dressing is no big extra in my normal way of being.

NicoleRenee
12-30-2020, 01:00 PM
I always shower before dressing. That way I know I am clean, and can present better. As I go full time...it means all the time. Plus then I am not dirty going into cleannor somewhat clean clothes.

Kimberly A.
12-30-2020, 01:08 PM
Yes, of course I shower before dressing..... I have women's body wash and smelling like a woman, I see that as part of what makes me somewhat passable. I also have women's deodorant and perfume. LOL

sometimes_miss
12-30-2020, 07:04 PM
I usually shower before putting on any clean clothes, unless I've recently done so and it's only been a very short time since the last shower. But as I'm usually touching up my shaving, it's just easier to shower again anyway.

BTWimRobin
12-31-2020, 12:12 PM
I usually shower at the end of the day. The clean feeling certainly triggers my girl mode.

Deborah G
12-31-2020, 05:08 PM
Yes, always shower, shave, moisturize, and enjoy the whole experience of getting ready to get dressed!

lingerieLiz
01-01-2021, 12:40 AM
Since I wear women's clothes 100% of. the time I put the clothes I'm going to wear or take a bath if needed. I do have a couple shirts that were gifts from family years ago and one pair of pants and black dress shoes. I used to shower the first thing every day, but now I'm retired I get up and have coffee in my night gown. which is what my wife does also. Then we get cleaned up and dress for what we are going to do that day.

Karren H
01-01-2021, 12:46 AM
Only if I need to shave.... otherwise I see it as a waste of fem time...

JennB
01-02-2021, 08:28 AM
I agree with the shaving connection, I typically shave in the shower anyway so if I am going to go Femme mode a shower is commonly a precursor as a result to get a good close shave. I am not one who can seem to feel like I am really dressed if I still have stubble or a beard.

Deborah G
01-03-2021, 02:18 PM
I agree with the shaving connection, I typically shave in the shower anyway so if I am going to go Femme mode a shower is commonly a precursor as a result to get a good close shave. I am not one who can seem to feel like I am really dressed if I still have stubble or a beard.

LOL! Looking in the mirror and seeing the stubble is a show stopper! Totally spoils whatever else you do! Start back again and get it right.

joanna4
01-05-2021, 06:48 AM
Yes I always shower/clean myself before getting dressed up