PDA

View Full Version : Affiming your name .

Teresa
12-20-2020, 02:56 PM
I've had many discussions with my TG/TS friends over my choice of name , I keep trying to assure them changing from Terry to Terri is working fine for me and not because I want to hold to any maleness , if and when I formally change my name my initials will remain the same which keeps things much simpler with banks and credit cards .

Today I had an affirmation of my choice , on Sky Arts channel here in the UK Eddie Izzard was the celebrity sitter for the final of the Portrait Artist of the Year . Eddie was introduced as " She " , she then went onto explain she has come out as gender fluid and appeared wearing a red dress with a denim jacket and black lace up heeled boots , her makeup wasn't OTT . It was the first time she had accepted and requested to be called " she and her " . The important point is she's retained her name Eddie , Ok I accept as a celebrity it makes more sense but she now insists on female labels . No mention was made of future transition plans , no matter I was so pleased she came out finally as female .

Stevie Allyn
12-20-2020, 03:03 PM
Love Eddie Izzard! Her humour really tickles my funny bone.

JenniferMBlack
12-20-2020, 03:29 PM
I sort of envy you have that option.no way David works as a female name though and nothing close to it that I even considered.

Lana Mae
12-20-2020, 03:50 PM
My name is a combination of the little girl who started it all and my mother's middle name! I had no, zero problems changing my name on anything! I think it is what we are comfortable with! My 2 cents! Hugs Lana Mae

Helen_Highwater
12-20-2020, 04:17 PM
I sort of envy you have that option.no way David works as a female name though and nothing close to it that I even considered.

Davina is a female name.

Stephanie47
12-21-2020, 12:39 AM
Stephanie is not difficult to figure out. According to my mother I was suppose to be a girl since her first born was a boy and named after her father. I was to be the Americanized version of my grandmother's name. I ended up being the American male name of my grandmother's European name. Then twelve years later she has a girl. My sister is a Stephanie. I was estranged from my family until my mother passed on. I decided I was suppose to be Stephanie, so I took it. I did think about another name but drew a blank.

robbieatbest
12-21-2020, 09:47 AM
I called myself Diana for a while. Then I decided to make it easier for others to remember so chose to introduce myself as Robbie. Not a very feminine name but one that is easy for folk to remember.
Cheers
Robbie

docrobbysherry
12-21-2020, 10:47 AM
If Eddie were younger she mite prefer to be referred to as "they"? I've met a few "they's". Under 30's!:straightface:

Amelie
12-21-2020, 10:56 AM
In the beginning of my journey I was similar to Eddie cause I used my given name. It can be used as a female name too, especially for a southern girl. I had no reason to use a new name. I didn't have outside influences that told me to change my name. Later on I changed my name just for the fun of it and I kinda like it now,Yvonne. Amelie is just a user name for online.

Teresa
12-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Sherry,
I've just checked the online comments after the program and she now prefers " she & her " at one time she did use NB labels but she's not saying now she is NB , I do feel she may go onto transition , at 58 she's ceratinly not too old .

Amelia,
Being out fulltime means I will now stick with my name , when members of my art group call my name I don't feel misgended as a man and I don't have the problem of continually correcting people , I must admit I have fun enough without playing around with my name . OK I'm known as much by Terri as I am Teresa , I'm here as Teresa and my social groups call me by it but otherwise I give my name as Terri , that is with my GP, dentist , blood donation , opticians and the library , nearly forgot my dog walking friends .

nancy58
12-21-2020, 10:25 PM

Davida (pronounced dah-VEE-dah) is an excellent woman's name.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of wish I'd chosen something that sounds more like my male name. I've been at gatherings where someone has said "Hey, Nancy..." and I didn't look because it's not deeply ingrained enough in my brain.

cindylouho
12-22-2020, 05:03 AM
This thread has reminded me of a show he did some years ago, haven't seen it again since my first viewing, I highly recommend it.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496343/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_39

Krisi
12-22-2020, 08:16 AM
The name I use here is not my real name of course, it's just the name of someone I worked with in the past. If I were to come out to the world and live as a female, I might use the name my mother had picked for me if I had been born a female (Yes folks, there was a time in the dark ages when a baby's sex was not known until it was born). Unfortunately, my wife had someone in her past with that name that she didn't like so that's probably out.

There is a variation of my "real" male name that I could use and I would probably use that.