PDA

View Full Version : 21 Days - keep on keeping

Aka_Donna
01-02-2021, 12:58 AM
Ok, rushing it. It's only day 1, BUT what A- new years resolution have you made AND b-kept for X number of days.

Let's start by listing resolution and then seeing how long we can go before falling off the wagon.
They say it takes 21 days to start a new habit. I have never managed to do that, but maybe this year.

My resolution: after dinner, get off the computer, dress in skirt/dress and sit next to wife watching TV.

Day 1- check...

GaleWarning
01-02-2021, 01:33 AM
New Year's Resolution - NOT to make New Years' Resolution.
Day 1 - check
Day 2 - check

kayegirl
01-02-2021, 04:59 AM
Ditto Gale

CarlaWestin
01-02-2021, 11:57 AM
In all seriousness, I made a serious resolution. Day 2 and it's already getting easier.

SarahBJackson
01-02-2021, 12:11 PM
I have talked to my wife about rejoining a gym so that we can work out with our body issues. I wish you all luck in your resolutions too!

Stephanie47
01-02-2021, 12:57 PM
I've never made a New Year's resolution. I always found, if there is something amiss that needs to be corrected, don't wait for January 1st to correct it.

Jean 103
01-02-2021, 04:01 PM
I did it for a year, the first thing I did when I got home was change. Complete with makeup.

It was a pac I had made with myself. My boyfriend thought I was crazy getting dressed if we were not going out.

Now I topically only put on makeup if I leave the house.

Robertacd
01-02-2021, 05:14 PM

I got a good feeling about 2021... :p

JenniferMBlack
01-02-2021, 05:51 PM
My only resolution of sorts is to not wear any male clothes. I have limits because of size such a athletic shoes. Another would be when u expect clothes to get messed up. No sense running cute girl clothes to fix the car. I started early on November 1st still going great.

docrobbysherry
01-02-2021, 06:31 PM
Live to see the next Jan. 1!:cheer:

Everything else is loose change!:devil:

CarlaWestin
01-02-2021, 06:39 PM
I got a good feeling about 2021...

Let's see how it goes. It's already making snarky comments about last year just in its name.

2020 WON

RADER
01-02-2021, 08:15 PM
It just worked out great for me; I am currently on 16 days of continues dressing in a skirt and top,
or a dress, I can go 4 more days, then a Doctors Appointment will reduce me to under dressing.
If it where not for the Doctors Appointment, I would be dressed all the time.
I order groceries and drive to the store, and they bring them ot and put them into my car.
All the while I am dressed. This is a first for me, as I do not dress out of my house.
I am getting bolder in my old age.

Robertacd
01-02-2021, 09:12 PM
My only resolution of sorts is to not wear any male clothes. I have limits because of size such a athletic shoes. Another would be when u expect clothes to get messed up. No sense running cute girl clothes to fix the car. I started early on November 1st still going great.

The shoes are scarce but available, as for fem grubbies. Grab some old fem jeans and t-shirts at a thrift store. Since going full time I have changed a starter in my truck, replaced a toilet, garbage disposal, ceiling fan, numerous light fixtures, not to mention all the yard work that goes with owning a home en-femme forms and all.

Aka_Donna
01-02-2021, 10:33 PM
Way to go Rader.

Day 2- check...

Before I have bailed between day 3 and 7.

candykowal
01-03-2021, 12:15 AM
They say resolutions were meant to be broken.
So, I copied the TOP "10" Failed resolutions from an old Time magazine 2012 New Years list....
Lose Weight and Get Fit
Quit Smoking
Learn Something New
Eat Healthier and Diet
Get Out of Debt and Save Money
Spend More Time with Family
Travel to New Places
Be Less Stressed
Volunteer
Drink Less
So what's left? Gosh, I am not setting myself for failure so... hmmmm, something safe....!
Oh...OK, I plan to post more here on the forum! :heehee:

Aka_Donna
01-03-2021, 01:35 AM
Yeah, it's hard. Never been sucessful before, but with everything topsy turvy, I thought I'ld give it a try this year. Worst part is wife decided to have a NY resolution this year for us. Plus one exercise per day. Not bad today with only two, but this is one I don't think I can keep

Teresa
01-03-2021, 07:16 AM
Donna,
So what did the wife do ,sit next to you in a false beard , thick cord trousers and a check shirt smoking a pipe ? Living her dream !!

I guess I'm just happy to be healthy and safe to make it to 2021 , what more could any of us ask for ?

Aka_Donna
01-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Yeah, right. No she has a new warm nightgown. She's still recovering from a fall and torn hamstrings so her plus is us sitting side by side. She's not into dress up except for nice earrings.

2020 was bad, we're still trying to figure out how to do an annual family get together. Will we be able in April? or still in lockdown and danger danger danger Will Robinson.

Cheryl T
01-03-2021, 11:58 AM
No resolutions and no broken promises.
Simply trying to be a better person every day.

Debra Russell
01-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Resolutions are the same as dieting - no such thing it's a change in life direction weather eating or daily habits, if whatever you want if you want it bad enough it will happen, one way or another depending how bad you want it..........................Debra

Lisa Gerrie
01-03-2021, 02:08 PM
I just read an article on cnn.com about habits, and cracked up at the wording.

"It can take anywhere from 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit and an average of 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic. There’s no one-size-fits-all figure..."

So if it doesn't "take" in 21 days, keep going!

Aka_Donna
01-04-2021, 01:01 AM
Phooey, another bites the dust. Too much football and not enought time.. Oh well it was a good ice breaker

Krisi
01-04-2021, 08:33 AM
I've never made a New Year's resolution. I always found, if there is something amiss that needs to be corrected, don't wait for January 1st to correct it.

That would be my response as well.

Tammy Lynn Tx
01-04-2021, 04:28 PM
I made the same resolution this year as I did last year... Try and be the person my wife and dog think I am -

Aka_Donna
01-08-2021, 01:11 AM
Just a quick update. Day 7. 4 days out of 7, so mostly hit. Instead of stopping when first failed, starting looking at it as a game and trying to get above 50%. Again, only did it because wife wanted to do a "let's both make a new years resolution". The other one we have hit 7 days in a row. Adding one rep each day to an exercise routine. Not looking that forward to day 365.

Aka_Donna
01-14-2021, 07:47 PM
I'll ask for closing this thread tomorrow. One last comment and then one day for responses.

It's been 2 weeks, but another week will not make any difference. I made too hard of a resolution. It would have been easy enough to keep, EXCEPT, I didn't carefully ask me. I don't really want to dress nightly. Two to four times a week is very good and so much better than last year when it was two to four times a month. So the resolution worked in helping me understand better what I wanted and how to make better changes.

Perhaps others have tried a change in lifestyle and afterwards decided OPPS, maybe I'm not really comfortable with that change. Let's try plan B instead.

Waiting to hear...

GaleWarning
01-18-2021, 12:55 AM
18 Days and no, I still haven't made a new years resolution.
I'm pleased with my will power!

abby054
01-18-2021, 09:59 AM
Never make a New Years resolution that requires the participation of others, particularly your wife. It will not end well. I will not bore you with how I know this.

Bobbi46
01-18-2021, 10:34 AM
Only one resolution for me, keep doing the same and have enjoyable fun as well.

Star01
01-18-2021, 10:53 AM
I didn?t make any resolutions other than getting the vaccine possibly as soon as next month and for Star to have a better year.

The other day my wife says she bought a treadmill that was going to be dropped in our garage on a pallet. We managed to pull it off the pallet, set it on its side and wrestle it into our lower level. We put it together and started using it and I love it. We have a walking path across the road but it becomes an icy superhighway for speeding snowmobiles this time of year and isn?t safe to walk on. In the summer walking more than a few days per week hurts my knees because I walk 3-5 miles on pavement. This treadmill solves those issues and it?s much easier to get on it every day.

Hang in there a while longer, the roaring 20?s will be coming as soon as this virus settles down. Get ready to roar ladies!

Beverley Sims
01-19-2021, 03:11 PM
I think I made this resolution when I was eight.

That was about 25,000 days ago. :-)