PDA

View Full Version : Never Feel Like You Are The Only One

Kandi Robbins
01-02-2021, 08:06 AM
This article is really intended for those out there who visit our site, wondering if they are alone with their feelings.

Trust me, you are not, not even close.

I wrote the following essay for my blog and I think it will resonate with many:

https://kandis328772669.wordpress.com/2021/01/02/what-it-was-what-it-is/

While you visit, stick around and read about many examples of just how you too can bring the woman inside of you out and begin to love yourself.

Start 2021 off with a promise to love yourself!!

DianeT
01-02-2021, 08:09 AM
Kandi, thanks for the positive energy you bring to these forums. I think many appreciate it.

char GG
01-02-2021, 09:25 AM
Nice write up, Kandi.

CarlaWestin
01-02-2021, 10:08 AM
That's a very good read, Kandi. Sometimes just letting the thoughts hit the paper like paintball shots create the perfect full portrait.

Melissa in SE Tn
01-02-2021, 12:13 PM
I was near tears reading your post. Thank you, once again, for reinforcing my motivation & outlook. Much peace

Lana Mae
01-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Good read! Thanks for sharing! Speaks a lot for all of us! Hugs Lana Mae

Alexis00
01-02-2021, 12:48 PM
Thank you, that is so lovely and positive.

If I hadn’t opened up to a Counselor and joined a support group, I’d be a lot less happy and functional. Really hard to break out of the “I’m the only one with these feelings and really screwed up.” To my current “normal screwed up.” :heehee:

Stephanie47
01-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to read about journeys with positive self worth. After overcoming the self loathing, denial, self hatred, then the task is finding somewhere one is accepted. In someways once one's internal problems are resolved, then one has to deal with the problems of others. I've read your blog and I think you're truly fortunate to have found a place to fit it.

Crissy 107
01-02-2021, 01:09 PM
Hi Kandi, Thank you for another positive blog post. You continue to show us how to smile, something that sounds easy but sometimes not so much.

Rosemary+
01-02-2021, 01:25 PM
Thanks again Kandi, I love your positive outlook on life.
You live life to the fullest

Deborah G
01-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Kandi, Thank you for posting the link. There is so much information and all positive. Great way to start out a new year!

Miel GG
01-02-2021, 02:57 PM
This is certainly a good way to start a new year on the site. Good move Kandi !

Teresa
01-02-2021, 03:16 PM
Kandi,
Your words don't ring true until you live it , the years when you read about someone elses life and never believe it could happen for you . Now I know exactly what they mean and it does feel good knowing that .

For me it was discovering the RW is actually on your side , gender isn't the big issue we think it is .

April Rose
01-02-2021, 03:36 PM
I like the way Alexis puts it: Screwed up, sure. But normal screwed up.:battingeyelashes:

Good thoughts, Kandi.

CD Rachel
01-02-2021, 04:41 PM
Thanks Kandi for sharing your Blog post. I have looked around your site before and found you very encouraging and inspirational.

Rachel

RADER
01-02-2021, 08:25 PM
You are so correct. Before I found this Forum, I thought that I was the only pebble on the beach.
I knew of cross dressers, but never had the chance to converse with one, I held my secret hidden
very well until I found this wonderful Forum. Now I wear Panties, and a Bra 24,7 for over 10 years now.
I dress at home all the time, and have Jeans from Woman Within for when I have to go out of the house.
This is a wonderful place.

laurie103
01-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Awesome! Thanks for being there for people like us!

Brandi Christine
01-03-2021, 06:52 AM
Kandi, I loved the article, I was absolutely alone until I found this forum, it's been two years, and wow what a difference... Things aren't even close to perfect in my life, but they are better, and you all have helped with that.

Blynda52
01-03-2021, 07:05 AM
Spot on! Thank for a great blog.

Angela Marie
01-03-2021, 07:20 AM
What a wonderful article. Like many here I suffered from feelings of guilt and and the inability to be honest with my feelings. The dialogue with other members here showed me tolerance, intelligence, and honesty. No longer did I feel alone or consider this an aberration. I was able, a few months ago, to finally accept and acknowledge myself as transgender. I am not out and probably never will be. It, as some members have pointed out, is not perfect and we all have our down days. But the path forward is better.

Kandi Robbins
01-03-2021, 07:27 AM
I write a lot. I say a lot of things when doing so. I always speak from personal experience. I get out frequently. I actually got out (in public) 107 times in COVID2020.

Anytime I write something like this essay, I am always nervous about how it will be received. I know what I am trying to say, but did I convey that message?

Well, based upon the number of hits, the wonderful comments here, on the blog and the ones I have received privately over the last 24 hours, I am blown away. Thank you ladies all!! But remember, pay it forward. Complement someone. Offer her an ear. Help her go out for the first time. Nothing changes if we don't honor the ladies that have gone before us and help pave the way for the girls to follow. We are all sisters, remember that.

Be well, stay safe and remain visible!

Star01
01-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Before I found this site I thought that all crossdressers dressed in secret and were all gay. That came from my age, upbringing and the people I have been around for my entire life. I had no idea that crossdressers dressed openly with the majority married to women. Either the crossdressers in my small town are so passable that I am not seeing them or they do not exist here. Thinking back on twenty five years in the city and another 23 in this rural setting I can honestly say that I have never identified anyone as a crossdresser.

While I love the blog post and appreciate the advice sometimes it?s difficult to feel it in my own circumstances and location.

Cheryl T
01-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Well said Kandi.
I agree totally. It's been a world lifted off my shoulders since I accepted myself almost 20 years ago.
I had that "am I the only one" feeling for years and years until I read about Christine Jorgensen. Then I found others like myself but still felt "odd". That all ended with self acceptance.

udcd
01-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Kandi,
Great post! I can totally relate, and still find myself battling back and forth more often than I want to admit. It’s comforting to see others experience exactly what I have. Thank you for sharing.