PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressers that dont care, do you do this?

Jennaie
04-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Yesterday, I saw a crossdresser at a local store, she was dressed like most of the other females, jeans, blouse, earrings, wig, but no makeup, none. Of course it was quite obvious this was not a woman.

I understand and agree that we all have the right to dress as we wish and I applauded her for doing what she wanted. I could not do this.

Anyone else here do this in public stores, restaurants, movies, etc...

Jennaie :be:

Joy Carter
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
She is missing out on one of the rights of passage. I have never gone out as of yet but that would be the area I would do my best on.

GypsyKaren
04-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi Jeanaie

I couldn't do it in a million years, no way. I consider myself to be female, I act female, so I'm going to present myself as female all the way.

Karen

stephanie100
04-02-2006, 11:59 AM
AS you said it was obvious that she was not natural I beleave if going out then I have to look my best. Wig just right make up the same however it is her right to dress as she pleases as to choice of clothes mmm not very FEM.
Perhaps she was looking for someone like you to say something and help her. I would.
steph

Summer
04-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Jennaie,
It is all about how confident you are when you are out in public.
I for one go out almost every day dressed in Jeans a blouse and little makeup. I have always look very much like a woman, its just my luck.
I think she must have felt she blended in and was comfortable with the way she looked. I'm sure no one paid the least amount of attention to her. Only another CD would have noticed. And you apparently were not repulsed by her.
Remember we are our own worst critic!
Summer

Jennaie
04-02-2006, 12:08 PM
AS you said it was obvious that she was not natural I beleave if going out then I have to look my best. Wig just right make up the same however it is her right to dress as she pleases as to choice of clothes mmm not very FEM.
Perhaps she was looking for someone like you to say something and help her. I would.
steph

hmmm... never. I never say a word when I recognize a crossdresser in public. I immediately turn my attention to something else so as not to make them uncomfortable. I smile at them as though I were saying, "hello", but then I go on about my business. I don't say anything to them because they might be shy about speaking with a female voice.

I don't know, perhaps I am wrong in doing this..

jennaie :be:

steffie39
04-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree with Summer. Confidence is important. How each crossdresser appears is going to differ. Crossdressers are most definitely like snowflakes: no two are ever alike.

Steffie

Ms. Donna
04-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Yesterday, I saw a crossdresser at a local store, she was dressed like most of the other females, jeans, blouse, earrings, wig, but no makeup, none. Of course it was quite obvious this was not a woman.

Is the issue here her lack of make-up? That make-up would have made her more 'passable'?

Please don't tell me that we're going to start in with the bullshit argument that those who 'pass' are somehow 'better' or more 'for real' about any this. :mad:

EricaCD
04-02-2006, 12:35 PM
I certainly don't think the comment should be interpreted as "better" or "more real", and I suspect that that's exactly what jennaie did NOT mean. On the contrary, I understood her to be impressed that a CD was sufficiently self-confident in herself that she apparently felt no need to pass when in public. I view this as a level of positive self-identity that, honestly, I never expect to achieve.

For me (and, I suspect for most CDs), passing is a way to at least blunt - if not totally deaden - our sense of vulnerability to society's prejudices against CDs. That is, in hoping to pass I am hoping that in 95% of casual interactions I won't even get to a point where someone has to confront the issue of "Hey. This is a guy I am seeing. What do I do about it?" The day I go out in a dress but otherwise not concealing my male appearance is the day that I am saying to the world "This is how I am, and I am comfortable with it. How YOU choose to deal with it is YOUR issue."

Bravo to her, whomever she was.

Erica

VeronicaMoonlit
04-02-2006, 01:07 PM

Are you certain she wasn't wearing makeup? It's possible to be wearing it and not look like you are.

Perhaps she was going for the "natural face" look because a lot of women don't wear much makeup either.

Or perhaps she was a transitioning TS. Some TS's down want to be mistaken for CD's, so since they perceive that CD's dress up and wear dressy/heavy makeup, they dress down and don't wear much makeup

Veronica

Rachel Morley
04-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi Jennaie,

This subject can be a bit of a "hot potato". As you say, we all have the right to dress how we want to. Any man can openly wear women's clothes in public, it's not against the law. However, to my mind, dressing in women's clothes and then going further by wearing forms and a wig, but then not adding any make up, is something I would never do in public.

In my personal opinion, if I want to wear a pair of women's jeans and a cardigan sweater in guy mode that's one thing, but the moment my forms and wig go on, I couldn't possibly allow myself to go out the door without going the whole 9 yards. I would never have the confidence to do that.

This person is obviously very comfortable with themselves, they are a crossdresser, and they don't care who knows it.

CharlaineCadence
04-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Being someone who is in the early stages of her own transition I know that when I go out. nomater what I wear I want to look my best. Being as though I cant stands pants i only wears lond skirts and day dresses. So it makes it a little easier on me. I also find that only a few people make comments. I want to look good not just like a man in a dress.

christine55
04-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Have seen many argue that we should not care whether we pass or not because we should just be accepted as crossdressers.
My feelings about this are that although I know I do get read sometimes, I most definately want to be seen as a woman, not as a guy in a dress when I go out. This is due to the fact that I have always wanted to BE a girl, not just dress as one.
Hugs, Christine

brightmank13
04-02-2006, 02:15 PM
No make-up ? I find its all part of being 'me'
Even at home I still take the time to make up
even if it's just for me

Missy
04-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I have gone out wearing womans shoes, knee highs, panties, bra, and a womans shrit, ear rings, so far I have not gotton a wig or make up. lack of money. for some no one cares. I do not care what others care how I look
Ok I do care what my wife thinks

Missy

Priscilla1018
04-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I often go out in public with eye makeup,light lipstick,perfume,a womans top and very pale nail polish;oh I also have a full beard and shoulder length hair.Once I have my weight loss surgery the beard will go.

Helen MC
04-02-2006, 02:27 PM
I have seen lots of real women who do not wear make-up. Alas some TVs go OTT with it when dressed outdoors and are equally obviously not biological women to the observer.

To my mind this is part of the same issue as the idea held by some that TVs/CDs dress far better than "yer average woman", and as I have said before possibly comes from the idea of them wishing to adopt and project the appearance of the "Concept Woman" a stereotype they have in their mnd rather than what a real woman would look like in a comonplace situation such as going shoppping, at work, dropping the kids at school etc.

joannejoanne
04-02-2006, 02:36 PM
It is really down to the individual has we are all slightly different. I myself would feel undressed without my makeup, but then i very often go without in doors makes it all the more special when i go out.:)

Patty
04-02-2006, 02:41 PM
I have not gone into a public place (store or shopping). I would want to look like other females when I do that means makeup and colthing. But have gone out driving the car.

ChristineRenee
04-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Heck I even wear a bit of makeup from time to time being out en drab. No...no way would I ever go out dressed and not wear makeup. I wouldn't feel right at all about that.

Rikkicn
04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
When I first started going out alot I always wore make up. It was during this time that I was around alot of other cder's and I noticed that for some of us foundation makes our face look a tiny bit craggy.
I decided to stop using and keep going out. It was amazing! I seemed to attracted alot less attention and was not noticed by anyone.
There are many and maybe most, women that don't wear make up at all and when I'm around women like that I feel better than if I was all made up.
Like many hear I like to dress to blend and it seems that would go for make-up too.
Just my opinion
Rikki

Rikkicn
04-02-2006, 04:49 PM
I was thinking more about this and after reading the other comments thought I would say just a tiny bit more.
In the bginning of going out passing and not being noticed and embarased was the of the utmost importance to me. I needed to feel safe and secure and the only way for me at that time was to try and pass.
As I've been out more and more and more my understanding of cding and my relation to it has changed as well.
I've come to think my self as an activist of sorts and every time I'm read as a man I feel like I have done a bit of education for the cause, so to speak.
This only came about as my confidence grew and I learned how to be out in the world as a female presence. I learned that when people read me they why didn't get crazy and say things. Most of the time the just returned to what ever they we doing before the saw me.
Sometime I may be seen as a gay man, sometimes as a femme straight man, sometimes as a transsexual... I have no idea really.
I feel comfortable going out now wearing a skirt with sequins,
tank top, scarf lots of jewelry, ( I make my own) and my hair clipped with a pretty barret of some sort. No breast forms and no make-up. So my clothing, shoes and jewelry and hair are ultra femme and the rest is well...the rest.
It feels really liberating to come to this place. It gives me choics I didn't have before. I still like to put on make up sometimes and I still love wearing my breast forms to0. It all depends on how I feel and where I'm going.

Samantha?
04-02-2006, 04:56 PM
First of all, Erica - you're spot on! Well said. Different people like to look and feel different when they dress (I'm not just talking about CD's, etc. here; I mean everyone). There is no right nor wrong way to do anything. It's all about preference.

For example, not every CD wants to "pass" as a GG when they go out. Different strokes for different folks, right? Or myself, for instance, would never wear a wig. That's just not me. I like to "do" and style my own real hair. Of course, other people can feel completely different, and all the more power to you. Same thing goes for make-up, shaving your legs, types of clothes, the list can go on and on. Just be yourself, be confidant, and don't rag on others for being themselves (not that anyone here was, I'm just saying it). ;)

We're all different. The first step is acceptance. Accaptance toward everybody, everything, everywhere.

I love you all. :)

Paula Jaye
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM
During the day I often go out dressed in jeans, tee shirt and minimal makeup. The makeup I use is really designed to cover up the dark moustache area on the upper lip and the darkness around my eyes. For this I use a dab of concealer and a thin application of foundation. The idea is to look as though you are not wearing makeup. Instead of "passing" I prefer to think of it as looking "passable". In others words to the average muggle in the street I give the impression of being a slightly taller than average, bit masculine middle age woman. But hey, that is what I am. Look around you as walk the downtown streets during the day and see how many women are wearing obvious, heavy makeup: not many. If you want to fit in then you don't need the full Monty. In fact, that will make you stand out from the crowd: which is fine if that is what you want.

Julie Avery
04-02-2006, 05:03 PM
I've come to think my self as an activist of sorts and every time I'm read as a man I feel like I have done a bit of education for the cause, so to speak.

I'm inclined to think that the more folks get to know us as neighbors, friends, whatever, who aren't beasts, we're educating. We're never going to be accepted by everyone but I think we can get farther in the world than we are now. Your post resonates with me, Rikki.

Reana
04-02-2006, 05:03 PM
At home or out there will never be a wig and forms without extensive makeup. It's all part of the "package". Very easy decision. :straightface:

HaleyPink2000
04-02-2006, 05:09 PM
It's going to take people that look like males in drag to change the worlds look at us. I feel that if we all blend so well that no one could tell the diffrence then no one will ever know we are out. I myself wear makeup most of the time, even if it's just a little. Also Perfume.

But my Hats off to the CD that your talking about. Thats cool, gutsy and way more than I normally do. I dress and go out to TriEss meetings, and take a room in the Hotel the meetings are at.. But, thats just about it. A little more but not much for me. So I'd say again it's going to take Cross Dressing males that people notice to make a diffrence out in public for us all. Hopefully they conduct them selves properly.

Mandy Salamander
04-02-2006, 05:34 PM
actually,,, sorta,kinda,maybe a little bit,,, tho' i never leave th' house completely bare-faced,,, mascara 'n a little lipgloss are essentials 'n there's almost always a need for a bit of coverstick,,, will often go out (casually) with nothing more, 'n did so much more before started losing my hair,(now a wig is essential as well),,, thus far have had no problem, 'n am still received as femme,,,, as well, am thinking this calls back some of my earlier posts where i eschewed th' use of th' term "passable", in favor of a more appropriate (i think) "plausible"...

Rachel Morley
04-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Look around you as you walk the downtown streets during the day and see how many women are wearing obvious, heavy makeup: not many. If you want to fit in then you don't need the full Monty. In fact, that will make you stand out from the crowd.
I know I have already posted to this thread but part of what Paula wrote really stuck a note with me. This is something I have thought about before....there am I panicking about concealing every single trace of mustache shadow with tons of foundation and then when I'm done, I look in the mirror, I and I know I'll stand out because I have too much makeup on. What if I put less on to look more natural and my mustache shadow shows a little bit? How do I found a happy medium?

JiveTurkeyOnRye
04-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Honestly, I don't see why a crossdresser has to wear makeup or even a wig. Women often don't wear makeup to the local store, why should a man just because he's wearing women's clothes?

Ideally I would be able to go out as obviously male as I want to be but wear a knee-length skirt and maybe some sassy boots without having to worry about "passing" as something I'm not.

I don't think it's that this CD didn't care, it's that he doesn't do it for the reasons you do. The wig actually surprises me. Why wear an itchy wig if you're not trying to hide what you are?

Billijo49504
04-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I haven't been able to spot Cross Dressers, so I applaud you for your ability to spot them. Good luck...BJ

Yes I am
04-02-2006, 07:54 PM
...The wig actually surprises me. Why wear an itchy wig if you're not trying to hide what you are?

Maybe he suffers from male pattern baldness and feels insecure about it.

Virginia
04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Julie hits the right note if you will. The more that the public = society is made aware that we exist and are "out There, the easier it will be for those who come behind us. I too came across a CD in a local clothing store - she was and I have not really decided and really don't care - the fact that "she" was out and totally not seeming to care if anyone saw her was great! She either did not care how she looked, had no idea how to blend in, did not care to blend in or was a just an "in your face"CD I don't know, She had on flats, a pair of wrinkled slacks, a camoflague button up blouse, with forms and hair that well as I said she was a free spirit. But her nails OH her nails were beautiful!! She was totally unconcerned with what may or may not have been going n around her and I watched her for seveal minutes and those around her and what was neat -- no one seemed to care, no one stared ( but me) and she was not even aware I was watching her. My question to myself was should I approach her and maybe compliment her nails and see what happens?
I did not and I guess it was best for both of us - I was "en drab" needless to say. But we are out there and we are making inroads!
Virginia

Francine
04-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Jennaie

I have never been out, with the intent on actually 'mingling' with 'john-q-public' yet, but I would make an effort to look as fem as possible if I did. I might be wearing my women's jeans, with a nice pullover top, such as my profile pic, but definitely, like others have said, I make as much effort to be fem both at home, or out-n-about.

So far to date, I have only 'taken a drive' enfemme, but passing would play an important part to me in seeing others out in public.

But for me, I would always feel, that someone would think, suspect or know I was a man, but it's mostly due to my 6'5" height, even though I can wear a size 14 to 16 jeans, skirts or dress.

Someday, I may just have to put "john-q-public" to the test.

Francine

Paula Jaye
04-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I know I have already posted to this thread but part of what Paula wrote really stuck a note with me. This is something I have thought about before....there am I panicking about concealing every single trace of mustache shadow with tons of foundation and then when I'm done, I look in the mirror, I and I know I'll stand out because I have too much makeup on. What if I put less on to look more natural and my mustache shadow shows a little bit? How do I found a happy medium?

Concealer of the right shade can be more effective in hiding upper lip shadow than an extra layer of foundation. A light covering of foundation can then be used to achieve an even colour. Thin is the key word; too thick and as Angela says the ultra smooth finish becomes perhaps a little too noticable.

This is all about a natural, normal daytime look. For the evening then full warpaint is required.

Butterfly Bill
04-02-2006, 11:29 PM
The reason I don't wear makeup is I don't like the feel of all that goop on my skin. Especially when it is hot enough to sweat.

Yes, I do that and I just did that all day today and Saturday and Friday at the Norman Medieval Faire, face fuzz and all. Sunday some woman came up to me and asked me what I was using to shave my legs, to get such a smooth texture. (I looked down at them myself and thought, hunh?) She left saying "I'm impressed". (and that is the first time that has ever happened to me.

And I chatted with all the vendors of feminine garb, and some of the said if I needed to try anything on, just ask. (And I did buy a black cloak, which goes with anything.) And I had three groups of people, mostly teenage girls, ask if thay could have their picture taken with me, which I let them.

And mostly, I just bloody loved it. Everybody knows cuz it shows, and I don't have to worry about anybody discovering anything. I have made friends that I know I wouldn't have in drab or trying to pass.

Butterfly Bill
04-02-2006, 11:36 PM

You can let the mustache grow if you want and have your hair naturally long and they'll just think you're a hippie in a dress.

Yes I am
04-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I don't like wearing make up because it gets on everything and it's gross to eat or drink anything while wearing it, though I do like eye make up.

JamieTG
04-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Hi. I am one of those that doesn't feel the need to pass and blend in. The only time I dress fully with wig and full makeup is to take some photos or when I go to an occasional social event. I feel feminine on the inside no matter what I'm wearing. I"ll go out in public wearing girls jeans or girls shorts, girls jewelry, perfume, and light makeup; but its obvious I'm a male. I feel completely comfortable this way and although I do get an occasional stare, most people are very nice to me.
Jamie

Jennaie
04-03-2006, 01:29 AM
I would like to thank everyone for your replies. Lots of responses to this post. A couple of you seemed to write your own version of my question, but that is ok. I just wanted to know how many of us did this, thats all.

darynn_NWPA
04-03-2006, 06:57 AM
my two cents worth,
I'm clueless when it comes to make up. All my attempts so far make me look like a tart. I would like to learn how to do make up that looks natural and not a 'paint job'. When I go out to the stores, most GGs makeup is very subtle and I would like to be able to do that. Any suggestions?

darynn_NWPA

Natalie tv
04-03-2006, 07:38 AM
I would never dress up without make-up it is all part of the fun.

Elizabeth Anne
04-03-2006, 09:02 PM

I understand and agree that we all have the right to dress as we wish and I applauded her for doing what she wanted. I could not do this.

Anyone else here do this in public stores, restaurants, movies, etc...

Possible? could it have been a M-F transsexual? That is the only reason I can think of. Seems like none of us would dare go out in public this way. I know my makeup is what finishes off my transformation.