PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity.....

Kimberly A.
01-15-2021, 12:16 PM
Hey y'all! :) I'm just wondering..... How many pics of "her", as in you en femme do you have saved? Me, I have a total of 1,396 pictures of Kimberly, from November 9, 2019 up until two days ago. Yeah, I number and date ALL of my Kimberly pics. LOL

Pumped
01-15-2021, 12:21 PM
Maybe 50, but I don't fully dress, just the neck down, also I don't venture out. Some girls are fully committed, I am just just a hobbyist CD'er!

VivianNewkirk
01-15-2021, 12:39 PM
I have a few hundred starting from 2017. I tend to do photo shoots, choose the best raw shots and then edit them for presentation. That leaves about 60 that I've posted to Flickr or otherwise made "official".

Wen4cd
01-15-2021, 12:56 PM
Thousands and thousands, going back to about 1999. A lot of photo shoots and stuff over the years.

ShelbyDawn
01-15-2021, 01:03 PM
None, It's not about 'The Look' for some of us.

docrobbysherry
01-15-2021, 01:48 PM
I'd guess 15 or 20,000? I've had a few shoots with 1000 pics taken that day!:devil:

Star01
01-15-2021, 02:04 PM
I have never counted them but I have owned 35mm DSL bodies and lenses for decades, now all digital, that I used for doing photos for publications so I do have good glass. I have a nice point and shoot as well but I don't get that many opportunities to dress fully so my photo count could have been higher. Having submitted sports photos to print and online publications for close to twenty years taking hundreds of shots per event I am kind of fussy about what I keep. Lighting, background, focus and bokeh (subject in focus and blurred background typically seen in portraits) and all of those photography terms make sense to me and I incorporate them in my photos. My go-to lens is a Nikkor 85mm f1.8 and it's considered to be a portrait lens. Now if I could just look better en femme I might have something.

josie_S
01-15-2021, 02:07 PM
at least 400-500, maybe more, although most will never see the light of day LOL.

I have even more on another desktop that sh*t the bed on me, including some pics of me out and some of my earliest pics :(. I've wanted to take it in for repair or at least to see if they can pull the content on it and put it on an external drive, but I'm not out and I don't want to be outed...am I being paranoid? Probably. Any ideas/suggestions from the hive mind? FWIW, I posted (https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?262631-feedback-and-opinions-welcome!&highlight=)about in the Tech Help Forum

CarlaWestin
01-15-2021, 03:23 PM
These many. Hold on, let me count. 1.....2......3.....4.......

Teresa
01-15-2021, 03:41 PM
Kimberly,
Being a professional photographer for thirty years back in film days it was more to do with quality rather than quantity .

I accept pictures are important but no point in taking 100s if not 1000s to get and handful of good ones , knowing what makes a good one and how to achieve it is more important .

I find I take far less pictures now I'm out full time as everyone can see what I look like , I will admit the photo album my daughter gave me for Xmas is really lovely , the front cover picture of me cuddling my granddaughter is very special .

Karren H
01-15-2021, 03:47 PM
I have a terabyte external hard drive and a dedicated Karren notebook with thousands and thousands and thousands of photos dating back at least 20 years. Too many to count.

Jillcder
01-15-2021, 04:16 PM
No pictures for me but Im dying to take some with my iPhone. I worry that the pictures will somehow be transferred or show up on another device. I need to educate myself I would love to look back on my dressing sessions and share some on this forum.

Laura28
01-15-2021, 05:36 PM
5 thousand plus. Going back 20 years at least. I finally scanned all the old ones.

Claire M
01-15-2021, 07:00 PM
I would guess a couple hundred. I didn't start taking pics until the digital age. I never kept all that I took but a lot. It's fun to see the slow transformation from my bearded days to learning makeup through several wig iterations. It's good to see yourself as others might but the pictures become a part of us I think ... so hard to delete even the poor quality shots.

Stephanie Voorhees
01-15-2021, 07:20 PM
Zero. I have no need for them.

Geena75
01-15-2021, 07:35 PM
None, prior to going digital. Now I have between 700 and 1000. That's after the big purge I did in '13 when I ditched the clothes, shoes, and deleted the photos. Since then I keep them stored, even the really bad ones (to help me keep real). So, sadly, I have no good pics of my first dress I bought. I keep them for reference of what worked, what didn't work, where I started and where I am now. Sometimes I need a reminder that this is real, not just something I imagined.

Robertacd
01-15-2021, 08:43 PM
Never counted but it's a lot.

I like to take pictures of myself out and about and post them on my Facebook to inspire my CD/TG friends to get out there.

April Rose
01-15-2021, 08:53 PM
Just 1digital. Maybe there's an old paper photograph in a box somewhere.

BLUE ORCHID
01-15-2021, 09:52 PM
My Flip Phone is full of them

Jeri Rene
01-15-2021, 09:54 PM
None. Typically I look at the ones I have taken a day or two later and I hate how I look and delete them.

Aka_Donna
01-15-2021, 10:16 PM
Zero, and zero risk of showing up in web searches or hacks :battingeyelashes:

xam
01-15-2021, 10:17 PM
I have many gigabytes of pic in my computer and a burned DVD from few year ago and it is password protected. So no one can easily see what inside the disc.
Just a warning to all the users who store the pic in their phone. One mishap you can send your pic out to all your contacts.

Karren H
01-15-2021, 10:47 PM
Just did properties on my external drive... 29,188 Files, 495 Folders... probably a few that weren't photos but that's about 1,400 photos per year for 20 years.... Glad I didn't have to pay to have them developed!!

TheHiddenMe
01-16-2021, 12:11 AM
About 50 actually printed, a few on slides, and probably 2,000 digital shots.

docrobbysherry
01-16-2021, 12:23 AM
U win, Carla! According to my external hard drive, where I keep duplicate copies? I only have about 400 GB of pics!:sad:

Stephanie47
01-16-2021, 01:35 AM
I took some pictures on a disc camera that had a timer around 1980-ish. I had them developed....film, remember those cameras? Also had a instant print camera about that time. I think that put me in my early 30's. I took them in a neighbors' backyard while they were away. Fortunately, the pictures came out fairly good. I kept them for awhile and then destroyed them after my wife and I had 'The Talk.' No desire anymore, especially after reading the stories of woe posted here when pictures are discovered by wives and family.

May I ask, what are you girls going to do with tens of thousands of pictures?

SaraLin
01-16-2021, 06:31 AM
um, about a dozen. And those were taken years ago.
Do Faceapp pitures count? if so, add another 3 or 4.

it's DEFINITELY outside the boundaries of my DADT arrangement to take pictures, and I NEVER have the opportunity any more.
That's OK. The camera is not a friend to me anyway.

Krea
01-16-2021, 08:08 AM
None, It's not about 'The Look' for some of us.

Yes, this is it exactly.:thumbsup: (I really don't like being photographed in any "mode".)

BTWimRobin
01-16-2021, 08:19 AM
I had a ton of pics on my tablet. Unfortunately, I ran out of space so I deleted them. They were all pretty bad, nothing worth keeping. On the bright side, I get to start over.

GenevieveF
01-16-2021, 08:42 AM
I’ve taken about 12. I have them stored on an old iPad I use to browse the forums.

Linda E. Woodworth
01-16-2021, 08:52 AM
I'm guessing but suspect it's less than 50 over the last 15 years.

Krisi
01-16-2021, 09:19 AM
No pictures for me but Im dying to take some with my iPhone. I worry that the pictures will somehow be transferred or show up on another device. I need to educate myself I would love to look back on my dressing sessions and share some on this forum.

And that's why you don't take photos on your phone. Get a camera. A digital camera. Transfer the photos to your computer and erase them off the camera. For higher security, move them off your computer to a USB "thumb" drive and keep it hidden. You can buy password protected USB drives if you want to go that far.

Now to answer the original question, I've never counted, but probably two or three hundred. I take my photos with a digital camera and self timer. I had a high end video camera that could take still pictures and it had a wireless remote. That was a lot better than the timer I think.

I transfer my photos to my computer and use software to crop and enhance the lighting. I delete the bad photos like where I was looking the other way or blinking. Once the photos are how I like them I transfer them to a USB drive and delete them from the camera and computer.

I use these photos to assess my ability to look female and make improvements when possible. I also have a history of how I have improved over the years.

Cheryl T
01-16-2021, 10:24 AM
I currently have about 2700 dating back 20 years.
I take them so I can step back and more objectively critique my appearance. The mirror lies and deludes us into thinking we are more than we are, but I feel pictures tell more truth when we look at them "out of the moment".

Kimberly A.
01-16-2021, 11:46 AM

I will reiterate what Krisi said..... Get a digital camera that is not connected to any other device, (although they all come with the option to Bluetooth them to a device or connect them to Wifi, but that's ONLY an option, you do not have to do that). That way, you can transfer the pics to your computer, then to a USB flash drive. Now, I have a free software called Free Hide Folder, it is 100% free, you can Google and download it to your computer..... With that software, you can hide the folder(s) that you have your pictures in and password protect them. That software literally hides whatever folders you want and they can't be seen on your computer or whatever media you have the pictures saved to, until you go back into Free Hide Folder, put in the password and tell it to "Unhide" the folders.

KymG
01-16-2021, 02:04 PM
I probably have 2 or 300.
I thought that was a lot until this thread started.
My earliest ones i took with a camera that took film it was that long ago, but i burnt them because i didnt want them found.
Then progressed to digital but i delete 90 percent of them and just keep the better ones.

Jillcder
01-16-2021, 02:21 PM
Thank you Krisi something tells me that?s some great advice. No phone pictures for me I will set up camera for my dressing adventures.

Micki_Finn
01-17-2021, 03:54 AM
A few dozen, and a handful of videos of performances.

MargaretJ
01-17-2021, 07:49 AM
Every session fully en femme is photographed, mostly using a handheld Fuji finepix s5700. It's on it's last legs unfortunately, and won't last much longer. I usually take around 2-300, but being hand held and at some awkward angles, a lot are rubbish and I end up keeping around 50-80 per session. Total pics to date I've kept, 70,174, (70 GB) on an external hard drive.

cdinmd206
01-17-2021, 09:15 AM
My, but aren't we a bunch of narcissistic gurls!!!!!! Maybe 15 to 2o taken over the last 20 years

Kimberly A.
01-17-2021, 09:58 AM
Oh that's cool, Margaret..... Sucks about your camera almost going ka-put, though. LOL

If I may make a suggestion..... I have a Nikon Coolpix B500 camera. Now yes, I know when you see the Nikon name, you think it costs a BUTT LOAD of money, like over $1,000, but not the Coolpix B500. I just priced it and I see prices for it ranging from about $150.00, (used) to around $400.00 new. And it's a good, quality camera, it takes really good HD pics..... Just a suggestion if you're in the market for a new camera. :)

Jane G
01-18-2021, 12:48 PM
I'm amazed at some of the numbers quoted. I would reckon on 3 or 4 hundred. A few from the pre digital days and a few dozen a year since. Taking photos it not really part of my crossdressing, but it is nice to have a few memories to look back on now and again.

abby054
01-18-2021, 04:09 PM
Six. That is all. I want to know where they are.

One is on this forum in response to a request to show that I really did go to an Oktoberfest wearing a dirndl. The Rose City T-Girls asked for two photos to qualify to join. So I got dolled up and made two photos. One was in the Rose City, Portland, and the other was during a visit to the Cactus City, Phoenix.

The other three photos are from a Glamour Shots photo session so long ago, before digital cameras, that three photos were all I could afford at the time. I keep none of the six photos on my phone or on any computer, other than the two servers I mentioned. The three older photos are locked up and I have the only key.

BrendaPDX
01-18-2021, 04:47 PM
I probably have two to three hundred. Looks like I am in good company:daydreaming:

Juliet E
01-18-2021, 05:24 PM
Never checked the count before. I got about 2200 going back 15 year (And after looking at some of the old photos, about 20 lbs ago). Thanks goodness for digital cameras.

sometimes_miss
01-18-2021, 09:35 PM
Not a single one. My ex wife took pics of me dressed up, and used those to blackmail me during the divorce. So, never again.

FrannGurl
01-18-2021, 10:19 PM
Two or three dozen maybe

sara66
01-18-2021, 10:34 PM
I have 185 in a photo vault on my phone.
Sara

lingerieLiz
01-18-2021, 11:10 PM
maybe 2 or 3. one of my licenses has a picture of me in a silk blouse another has a picture that shows a very pretty bra under my white top.

Beverley Sims
01-21-2021, 07:24 AM
I have a terabyte external hard drive and a dedicated Karren notebook with thousands and thousands and thousands of photos dating back at least 20 years. Too many to count.

About 200 real photos starting when I was 18, this exploded when digital photography became the norm.
This became an averge of 500 per year. Yep, stored on an external Terabyte drive with another as a backup.

A colour laser printer gives me plenty of photos for my album. Use HP Photosmart and print 6 each side of an A4 sheet of paper.

Still the only way to look at them is on a hard copy. :-)

Just read more and Googled Carla Westin E drive.....

That didn't work either.... :-)

NaughtyMichelle
02-12-2021, 01:18 AM
A few hundred, never taken more than a few at any one time. It's like any photographs, hopefully memories of good times.

MonicaPVD
02-12-2021, 03:59 AM
Five masterpieces behind a locked folder on my phone, of thousands and thousands taken over the years. The only thing that I might accomplish by saving all those pics ia being outed through negligence. No. Thank. You.

CynthiaD
02-12-2021, 08:57 AM
I’ve got about 50 on the device I’m using now. (iPad) It snatches photos from every device it gets near, cameras, phones, laptops, other iPads, so I have several thousand photos of my grandchildren. But then there's this wallet full of SD cards ... .

Judy-Somthing
02-12-2021, 06:29 PM
I have quite a few from the last three years due to the super low cost of digital photos.

But the photos I most treasure are from the 80s, Polaroid photos at a $1 each so you only took a few. Glad I saved them.

HollyGreene
02-15-2021, 05:13 PM
I've taken a few over the years, but always deleted them, so I have none.

Genifer Teal
02-22-2021, 01:38 PM
- - - Updated - - -

These many. Hold on, let me count. 1.....2......3.....4.......

Like that! Mine go back just as far. I started going out in Manhattan right around 9:11 actually the weekend after I was out in Manhattan not the part that was closed obviously. I realize how short life could be and nothing was going to stop me. Met some friends new and old and continued to go out in the city almost every weekend for several years after that.

Lacey Peters
02-25-2021, 06:42 PM
None at this time. As some others have said, I am really worried about them falling into the wrong hands. This might change though.

UsuallyRick
02-25-2021, 09:18 PM
lol not as many as I have deleted, keeping what I think are the best ones.. possibly 50...?

Rochelle77a
04-17-2021, 02:40 AM
0, i'm too chicken to save some. Although now I regret that I didn't save some when I was really thin, lol.

Karren H
04-17-2021, 05:05 AM

Be very careful posting photos from your iPhone... they carry lots of meta data about you abd the location they were taken and that data could be read online by others. I prefer to use an older Sony digital camera... that way none of my data is attached.

Some of these phones contain GPS receivers, and sometimes GPS position data is included in the photo information. For those of you who are concerned about not being located or otherwise identified, this could be a serious issue. Anyone can read this information with common photo viewing software and using such programs as Google Earth, Maps and Street View, it is possible to pinpoint the location where the photo was taken. Like your home. Or your place of work. If you are in doubt, look in "properties" in your picture, or use one of the several possible "EXIF viewers" you can find online.

Veronica Lacey
04-24-2021, 05:59 PM
Only a couple three hundred images and all from the neck down. These are to document the various outfits, shoes and items I have enjoyed wearing over the years. When dressing time is scarce (often) I simply enjoy a moment or two vicariously via viewing some images. A faint substitute but I'll take it.

XemmaX
04-25-2021, 12:59 AM
150 maybe but im really just trying to enjoy the moment and spend less time taking a million selfies.

stefaniec
04-25-2021, 07:29 AM
Not too many for me. Probably around 100. I don't take many pictures anymore for two reasons, the first being carelessness with pics on my computer is how I got caught. And second, now I find that when I dress up I just like to go to a crossdresser cam chat room and I just like to turn my webcam on, and I always forget to take pictures with it.

Alice Torn
04-25-2021, 10:52 AM
I had over 12,000. But, purged most of them recently. Would not want siblings or others to find the thumb drives and see them. I left a thumb drive that had hundreds on, in a library computer, and it was not turned in, so someone got to see them all.

Jillcder
04-25-2021, 12:42 PM
Thanks Karen thats great advise I will be using a camera. It?s funny how often an old picture pops up on my I phone.

HollyGreene
04-28-2021, 07:11 PM
None. I have only ever taken one selfie in my life in any mode. I used it on here as a profile pic for a while, but have since deleted all known copies of it.

darla_g
04-29-2021, 01:13 PM
"ding" "ding" I think we have a WINNER !! here ................................... Carla Westin!

I think Karren gets an honorable mention award here & a longevity award for photographing prior to digital photos being the norm ( only have a few of those that had to be scanned)

Vintage4sarah
04-30-2021, 05:06 AM
I also never take pictures with my iPhone, but use a basic small digital camera instead. A tripod certainly helps as well when alone. I store all of my photos on memory devices off of my computer to avoid any possible issues. I have stored well over 2000 photos on these devices that have been taken over the last 18 years. It is unfortunate that my original Polaroids taken before the digital days no longer exist.

BustyOlivia
05-02-2021, 05:48 PM
I like to show off my girls so my videos and pics show just that!

Devi SM
05-03-2021, 10:39 AM
It looks like you ready awarded someone but as it's no mention of a contest at the beginning of the thread so...

In my days of crossdressing, while in the closet, since 2004, whenever I had the opportunity, few hours, at least once a week, for dressing I could take hundred of pics.

I was a professional photographer and I used to keep everything. I never throw away pics, negative or erase files.

I came out to wife five years ago and since then I started dressing every day. It could be 200 pics for each attire, if more than one it could be another 200, etc, so in a day I could do 500 pics.

Around 2 years ago I start living full time and my pics were reduced to a may be 10 a day.

Since my instagram, tumblr and Facebook accounts, I usually do 3 or 4 pics a day just for the purpose of keeping records of my journey as a transexual woman.

I just count in my phone and have 6000 pics of Devi (phone doesn't know Vanessa) when the memory of my phone could be full I would transfer all the pics to my computer where I have a back up hard drive of 1.5 terabytes.

I had had at least 10 phones.

I have to mention, even though I don't erase pics or videos, I did with so many when I started on HRT because there was a huge change, shift in my mind and I don't like so many things I did so I erased so many pics.

To total, it's impossible to count all my pics bit it would easily round 20 or 30 thousands....

Teresa.Smith.VA
05-03-2021, 01:23 PM
After several purges years ago, I still have 1,052 pics. Oh, how I wish I had those early pics to enjoy my progress over the years.

Bea_
05-03-2021, 02:13 PM
I have 1500-2000 saved now. I've probably taken 10,000 over the years. I set my DSLR on a set a timer that takes 10 photos at a time and can rack up a couple of hundred photos really quickly. I tend to edit my favorites and save them in an 'edit' folder on the sd card or thumbdrive. I NEVER move ANY photos to my laptop or desktop because my grandkids watch youtube on my computers. Many surprises and close calls over the years have taught me to use only dedicated cards for pics.

I've been dressing for about 10-12 years and have never purged more than a couple of clothing items over the years. I have purged photos several times for some reason. In 2020 I finally worked up the courage to show my photo collection to my wife. She was not totally disgusted as far as I could tell, but I did get the impression that she was somewhat overwhelmed. Other than one heavily edited photo as my avatar here on the forum for a while, I've never posted any pics online.