PDA

View Full Version : The One Ring

Geena75
01-26-2021, 03:02 PM
Question to married ladies who go out dressed: What do you do about the wedding band? When I day dream about going out, I wonder if I would need a more elaborate costume ring to wear instead (my plain band would leave a noticeable dent in my finger if removed) or how to cover a male band? I'm sure it is a minor point, probably not to be noticed, but I'm curious. [My right hand is no go because I broke the knuckle in my football playing days, and the ring goes on, but won't come off.]

Sallee
01-26-2021, 03:07 PM
I just wear a bigger ring on that finger. One that covers it. The ring slides down to the wedding band and the stone on it pretty much covers the wedding band.

Sandi Beech
01-26-2021, 03:11 PM
I do not bother taking mine off as I am not trying to fool anyone about my marital status, but FYI , the chasers pay no attention to it judging by the number of times I have been hit on. Anyhow I am not out on the town to pick up people, I just want to have a few drinks, some laughs, and on a good night some dancing. I just have not been able to in a long time because of covid.

Sandi

Karren H
01-26-2021, 04:10 PM
I have a second fancier ring that I pair up with my plain white gold band.

Robertacd
01-26-2021, 04:45 PM
My wedding ring is identical to my wife's wedding ring.

An18 karat gold "comfort fit" band.

I don't see why I would need to wear anything else. Except for the silver band we both wear on our right hand for our 25th anniversary.

GracieRose
01-26-2021, 04:57 PM
My wedding band is a plain white gold band. I bought a silver solitaire ring with a cubic zirconia stone that I slip on my finger over the wedding band when I go out. I'm married so I prefer to advertise that I'm not 'available'. I also love the feel of the solitaire on my finger. It's just so darned cute.

char GG
01-26-2021, 05:01 PM
the chasers pay no attention to it judging by the number of times I have been hit on.

My hubby does what many of you do and pair a solitaire with his plain band. However, as quoted above, the chasers pay no attention.

Samm
01-26-2021, 06:58 PM
I leave my band on. It's not particularly wide, and it's a simple and plain gold band.
I don't have any girl rings, and only two bracelets, which I regularly forget to put on when I go out.

April Rose
01-26-2021, 07:07 PM
When my wife passed I went to a goldsmith to have her band and my band made into one band. The goldsmith asked me if they were white gold or yellow gold. I had to admit I had no idea. I still don't know what the difference is.

alwayshave
01-26-2021, 07:36 PM
Geena, I have a silver wedding ring. I just wear a large faux diamond ring that covers up my wedding ring.

Natalie5004
01-26-2021, 09:40 PM
I bought a Zirconia 1 carat engagement ring, and a separate band with small clusters. It looks nice and not too big.

AngelaYVR
01-26-2021, 09:50 PM
If you get hit on while wearing it do you say “Fly, you fools!” ? :D

Sometimes Steffi
01-26-2021, 09:54 PM
I wear one of several CZ "engagement rings" in addition to my regular wedding ring. It avoids taking off my wedding ring and losing or misplacing it.

Geena75
01-26-2021, 10:09 PM
Angela: excellent, lol.

Sometimes Steffi
01-26-2021, 10:12 PM
If you get hit on while wearing it do you say “Fly, you fools!” ?

I think I'd respond something like this, "Make my day! My hubby is way bigger than you."

franlee
01-26-2021, 10:18 PM
I have a nice wedding set my late wife got for me many years ago. Plus I have her originals and almost all of her jewelry but I seldom even touch it, just keep it locked away in the safe.

Jillcder
01-26-2021, 10:34 PM
I also bought a fake diamond and enjoy wearing it like a married women would.

Rhonda Darling
01-26-2021, 11:01 PM
:titanic:My male wedding band is a wide, plain platinum band. My wonderful wife gave me a post wedding present of an engagement CZ ring with white gold band, and a complimenting white gold wedding ring with small embedded CZ. The wedding ring is shaped with a slight curve that the engagement ring nestles into. I love 💕 it. She knew that when out as Rhonda I did not want anyone hitting on me, plus she knew it enhances my feeling femme when dressed.

Beverley Sims
01-27-2021, 02:49 AM
I have an engagement ring to wear with my wedding band, if I think about it I will take it off sometimes.

No one has commented about me wearing it in male mode.

Krisi
01-27-2021, 08:17 AM
I wear one of several CZ "engagement rings" in addition to my regular wedding ring. It avoids taking off my wedding ring and losing or misplacing it.

That is what I do if I think about it.

Linda E. Woodworth
01-27-2021, 08:46 AM
My "real" wedding band is wide and compliments my wife's.

Linda has a smaller plain gold band and matching engagement ring with a same cubic zirconia stone.

I really enjoy wearing them when I'm dressed.

I agree that wearing any type of wedding band WILL NOT stop tranny chasers or admirer's. I got hit on anyway and it scared the hell out of me......but that's another story.

Jillian Faith
01-27-2021, 10:05 AM
I replace my wedding band with a ladies CZ wedding set (band and engagement ring). I tried my male wedding ring with a CZ engagement ring but it didn't look right, so I just went with a matching set.

bridget thronton
01-27-2021, 10:11 AM
We both wear matching wedding rings (since our 40th anniversary) and my wife bought me a diamond engagement ring that matches the one I bought her many years ago - I wear them both all the time (except working in the yard)

Teresa
01-27-2021, 10:23 AM
Geena,
Rings have never bothered me so it's not a problem one way or the other .

Cheryl T
01-27-2021, 10:36 AM
My ring is simple with a small diamond so it can function in either setting.
I do have a few Diamonique rings I bought from QVC that are very "wedding". In fact one of the hosts mentioned when it was presented on air that she had worn that as her wedding ring for a time while hers was being reset.

Georgia_Maine
01-27-2021, 10:58 AM
I wear my second wedding band with a cubic zirconia engagement ring that kind of matches it. When I married my beautiful wife I knew that our matched wedding set wouldn't be safe in my mostly outdoor work in the field. I was given my great-grandfather's wedding ring as a second. It is gold, narrow, but not entirely plain. It is only about 3 mm wide so it is typical of many lady's bands. This combination works for me when enfemme. I just don't feel right without one of my wedding rings.

Meeshell
01-27-2021, 11:09 AM
Plenty of very inexpensive Zirc wedding sets available on line in large sizes. I bought a nice gold one. I haven't worn a wedding band for ages. My job includes mechanic, machinist, and electrician. When I was a young mechanic I saw first hand what happened to a coworker when he arc'd he wedding band. I, however, always wear my set when dressed. Helps me appreciate the opportunity.

That being said, my wife bought me a silicone wedding band for Christmas. So as far as man hands and large knuckles, or covering a band goes, stretch rings are the bomb. I love to wear tons of rings when I'm dressed, and I've scored several lots of great costume style stretch rings on ebay. Some stretch more than others. My hands aren't huge but definitely a challenge yet I figure out a place that virtually all of them, can fit.

Hugs
Meeshell

BrendaPDX
01-27-2021, 11:25 AM
Like others here I have a costume solitary ring that I pair up with my wedding ring.

kayegirl
01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
When my first wife passed, I also had her wedding ring and engagement ring made into one. I now wear it on my right hand. The same jeweller made matching wedding rings for my second wife and myself.

Micki_Finn
01-28-2021, 09:47 AM
Just throw an ?engagement? type ring on with it and nobody will know the difference.

BLUE ORCHID
01-28-2021, 10:01 PM
I put a Diamond Engagement ring next to my 57 year old Wedding Ring, >Orchid--O:daydreaming:O**

abby054
01-29-2021, 04:20 AM
I slide a real diamond solitaire down my left hand, wearing it with my wedding band when I go out and about. They make a nice set that look like what an average married female would wear. I tried a cheap engagement ring for a while but it looked obviously fake next to a 14K yellow gold band. I saved up my nickels, lots and lots of them, and bought a real VVS1 diamond with so much fire that it practically glows in its 14K yellow gold setting. Why should the GGs have all the fun? If I take it with me on a trip, something that expensive never leaves my finger.

Star01
01-29-2021, 09:14 AM
My wedding band has been stored in the jewelry box since my Navy days. They used to call general quarters and we would run up and down ladders with chain handrails to get to our duty station. Guys would slip on the ladder, get a ring stuck in the chain hand hold and lose the finger. See that one time and a person will think twice about wearing rings.

I do, however, have a couple real nice woman?s rings that I wear when I dress up. I just avoid rope ladders and general quarters when en femme.