PDA

View Full Version : Bare Minerals

Maureen Henley
04-02-2006, 06:57 PM
I have seen an infomercial several times for Bare Minerals powder on the TV Guide channel on cable. My wife expressed passing interest in it, and I am also interested. Has anyone tried this product, and if so, what is your opinion of it? Thank you in advance for your help.

GypsyKaren
04-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi Maureen

I use it, and I love it. It's easy to apply and comfortable to wear, I swear by the stuff and won't use anything else. It's kinda pricey, but a little goes a long way, and you can find it at ULTA. Also, you should join the Beauty Forum, lots of tips there.

Karen

VeronicaMoonlit
04-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I've not used it, but this might help:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group%3Aalt.fashion+bare+minerals&start=0&scoring=d&

Veronica

Christina Nicole
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I use it and I love it. I have used a lot of different brands of makeup. From the drug store brands to the department store ones. Bare Minerals is better. The downside is that it does not have super hiding pigmentation. You have to do some blending of colors to hid shadows from facial hair. But red/pink colors work well under the concealer to do that. The exact shades depends on your skin tone. The positive side is that the makeup looks natural. The heavily pigmented foundations look like makeup. Bare Minerals doesn't. If you go out, this is important. The second benefit is that it does not get oily looking. There's no oil or grease base like in Dermablend. Theres no liquid at all. The powder helps keep shine down.

I like it. You can buy it from a number of places locally, which is the best since you can test the foundation shades, or you can buy it from sellers on the Internet. I buy from BeautyBridge (http://www.beautybridge.com). They sell a lot over the 'net, but I buy from the retail side of the business. Kate, one of the owners, is very cool and loves makeup.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Honey GG
04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
LOVE BE! have used them for years now. I buy them online from an ebay seller since there are no BE stores near me and I don't QVC. They last forever and are so very kind to your skin. Now that being said they are also a light coverage makeup as far as a facial makeup goes, so unless you have very unlined skin and a very light beard the facial makup probably would not work for you. On the other hand they eyeshadows, blush, lipsticks, would be great. I have used the facial makup on my DH as a finishing powder over the liquid cover he used and it did give a nice finish to the over all look.
The best way to start is probably to try it through the info commercial since you will get some fantastic brushes also or if you QVC then order through them, you won't save any money but you can get some great packages t
hey put together for you. Remember a little goes a very long way!
If you want the ebay member I buy from- new in the package the PM me.

HoneyGG