PDA

View Full Version : Can you teach us?

AmeliaMay
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
My name is actually Amelie, but since you already have an Amelie I have signed in as Amelia May, which is my pen-name.

I live with my SO who wants to cross dress and seriously wants to be able to pass as his own sister and go out with me in public. We have tried this in more remote areas ( he spent a day in drag going round the henges and barrows of Wiltshire last time we were on holiday). He has found himself very serene and submissive in role and we have both enjoyed the adventure, but we know too little about makeup - I use very little - and there is a big problem as he is ruddy faced with very thick eyebrows and a heavy nine-o'clock shadow.

How can we make him up to pass muster without changing his appearance drastically in his everyday life?

What is the most basic and least expensive way to camouflage his shadow?

ChristineRenee
04-02-2006, 08:37 PM
:hello:AmeliaMay and welcome to the forum!:)

Francine
04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
There are some message boards with makeup advice. Most of my makeup experiences I learned from trial and error, but have also read some of my wife's 'cosmo' magazines, and have sneaked a peak at her make up kit before I started on my own.

If you know..and are comfortable with it, try it together.

My basic is a:
Close shave
foundation that matches my skin color and complexion
a dusting powder
sometimes a little rouge,
lipstick and lip liner.

I have used eyeliners, eye shadow, and mascarra, but not too often.

Maybe you could go out for a makeover, and have him with you..then suggest one for himself. :happy:

well, good luck and I'm sure they're are others, more qualified and experienced than me that may give some good advice too.

Good luck,

Francine

Billijo49504
04-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi and welcome, from your post, it sounds like you are in the UK. And thus I can't help you with specifics, but I might suggest using a good foundation, as a beard cover. Or else go to a dept store that has a cosmetics counter, and see what they suggest. Good luck and have fun...BJ

DonnaT
04-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the forum AmeliaMay,

Your best bet is to find a MAC cosmetic store near you. They can show y'all how to do the makeup, and they have a pretty good beard cover.

As for the eyebrows, just trim them down a little at a time and in a few weeks the change may be where you want and done gradually that few will notice.

sharifemme
04-03-2006, 06:18 AM
You are getting some really good advice here. Some other things you could try. Some of the concealing type makeups like dermablend or coverblend work pretty well on the beard areas and where skin is ruddy. I use a good foundation and powder over a light application of coverblend most of the time. I also like some of the powdered mineral makeups like Bare Minerals but it is expensive enough that I save it for when I'm going out to somewhere special. I have heard that a little red lipstick over beard areas and under foundation will hide your beard stubble but don't have much luck with it.

Sharifemme

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Brows can be tamed with a bit of waxing -- and not all GWs have pencil-thin brows anyway. If he gets any grief from the guys at the pub, he can always say you wanted to do little manscaping.

A "yellow stick" concealer (http://www.cosmeticconnection.com/gbprefix.html)will help counteract the beard shadow (the yellow is the opposite of the blue in beard shadow so they cancel each other out).

As Donna said, get thee to a MAC store. They'll be happy to help out. Do not go to the Transformation Shop, lots of UK girls have been unhappy with them and they seem quite dodgy in their product offerings.