PDA

View Full Version : going out as a cd

Natalie tv
04-03-2006, 06:16 AM
I having been dressing for a while now, but never had the nerve to go out fully dressed. I was thinking of going to a function in fancy dress to break the ice. Does it get easier?

Felicia
04-03-2006, 06:25 AM
It takes a lot to make the first time out. Yes, for me, it got easier each time I went out dressed. We tend to over react to our fears of being caught and etc. while out dressed. I found it to be like when we go into a store to buy womens clothes. Slowly we find that it gets easier not being embarrassed by the sales lady. I hope that answers your question. (HUG) Felicia

Butterfly Bill
04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Find some kind of cultural event where there are liberal and intellectual people. Avoid drunks and darkness. Talk to people, say please, thank you, excuse me, and can I help? like you normally do, in your normal voice. Don't go any place you wouldn't think a GG would feel easy in.

The second time is a lot easier than the first, then the third time is easier, then the fourth time is even easier.

Billijo49504
04-03-2006, 12:21 PM
It sure does, until you run into the dreaded teenage girls.;) Then all you confidence goes down the tubes. WOW, going to a big function, sounds great. But you might want to start smaller. Like 7-11 for a soda, just to test the waters. Good luck and I hope it goes great for you

joannejoanne
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
It doesnt get any easier, though that first step is like climbing everest, go easy on the drink and ignore the bigots, good luck & let us know how it goes.

Denise01
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
It takes a lot of courage and confidence to go out fully dressed the first time, especially when wearing a dress or skirt.

The first time I went out, fully dressed, was when I was on Vacation, a considerable distance from home so that I would not have to worry about bumping into some one I know.

The more you go out femme the easier it gets, you will gain more confidence and also realize that no one is staring at you. The big thing i find is to dress for the occasion. Going to a function where all the other girls would be in fancy dress is great, if you wear one too. If going shopping, either slacks or a nice skirt and sweater or dress suitable for the occasion is more appropriate.

A couple of weeks ago, i was out fully femme, wearing a skirt, that might be considered a bit dressy but, surely one that would be worn to the office, or to church on a Sunday. I went to Wal-mart to do some shopping, at first i felt a bit apprehensive, but then as soon as I walked by a mirror, and realized i just looked like any other girl shopping the apprehension left.
Yesterday, was in a different Wal-mart shopping wearing my denim skirt, and i felt just as comfortale as if i were in drab wearing guy slacks.

If I am am in a total ladies wear store, I prefer to be femme, as i feel so much better browsing around the store especially if there are other ladies shopping , and I do not feel out of place. I feel so much more at ease shopping dressed especially if i want to try on a skirt or dress, as then it appears just like any other girl out shopping. I have never had a bad reaction when going to the fittting room to try on clothes when femme. I must pass well enough, last night wanted to try on a skirt at walmart as soon as i showed the attendent the skirt i wanted to try on, she immediately showed me to an available fitting room in the ladies area.

Small steps, soon become larger steps. You will gain your confidence and just go about as it is the most normal thing you do

Denise

maid phylis
04-03-2006, 01:24 PM
for me the first time was to a friends going away party and also my very first time going out.i was a little scared driving home that night but after that first experience of finally getting out and being fully dressed as a woman everything got easier as i ventured out to new york city and joining cdi .huggs phylisanne:)

DonnaT
04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I think, for most, it gets easier. And if you can find someone to go with, it will get even easier.

SherriePall
04-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Natalie -- It does get easier even if you have small setbacks along the way. You slowly gain confidence by doing.

Ranee Daze
04-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Expectations. The number one is that for the first few times out you are going to be "read" like an open book. Most of us on our debut will attest to be totally tense, walking too fast for fear of getting caught, faking a femme voice, looking down, looking away when peple make eye contact.....the very things which will get you noticed. I finally calmed down when a student hairdresser asked me if I looked anything at all like my male self. I looked in the morror at the really good makeup, false lashes femme hairdo and said that although I looked alot like a man in a dress still, it would be pretty hard to decide which man I actually looked like. In short, yes people were going to look at my funny walk, broad shoulders, skinny bum and say "drag queen",they are not ever going to say "There goes Brian and Jummie's dad in a dress again. So if you learn about makeup and fashion a bit the line will blur,
your confidence will grow and you will have more fun than any of us deserve to.
I used to be terrified using the ladies washroom, but honestly, no one has ever made a fuss.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Ciao, Ranee

paulaN
04-04-2006, 08:55 AM
I think I would take a smaller step on my first time out. My first time out was on halloween many many years ago. then it was to a small store to bye something. then it was to a gay bar then it was a late shopping trip to the mall. yes it does get easier. keep on gurlen hun.

susiepaul
04-04-2006, 09:21 AM
going out for the first time,

i cannot rember going out for the first time as for most my life i have been dressing as a girl.

my mother use to dress me in my older sisters clothes.

now i wear skirts most of the time and no one seams bothered i dont try to pass as a girl any more i dont bother with a bra or make up most of the time and no one cares what you wear as long as you are confident in what you have on.

i agree the more you go out the easier it gets but for the first outing if you have a real femal to go out with it makes it much easier it helps you pass.

so just have fun and go out when and where you like but stay safe drunk males think they have to prove there self by trying to start a fight.

regards susie paul:cheeky:

JoAnnDallas
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
My first time out dressed en fem, I wore a pair of ladies slacks, T-shirt, and running shoes. I still looked enough male and that helped, but I did notice that no one said anything or noticed the clothes I had on. This gave me enough confidence to go out full en fem (wig, make up, nail polsh, etc) and after again I noticed no one paid any attention to me, I started going out more. I found that it does get easier each time out, but always remember, there is alway will be one person that will see you as you really are and make a remark. Don't let that one person discourage you. Remember most people that see you and relize that you are a male, will still treat you as the gender that you present. Remember the duck syndrome.

Maria2004
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Find some kind of cultural event where there are liberal and intellectual people. Avoid drunks and darkness. Talk to people, say please, thank you, excuse me, and can I help? like you normally do, in your normal voice. Don't go any place you wouldn't think a GG would feel easy in.

The second time is a lot easier than the first, then the third time is easier, then the fourth time is even easier.

It does get easier, Butterfly Bill's advice is right on, that's how I work my outings and it has made all the difference in how I've been treated by others.

MsJanessa
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
I having been dressing for a while now, but never had the nerve to go out fully dressed. I was thinking of going to a function in fancy dress to break the ice. Does it get easier?
Yes---first few times go to places where TGs are welcome---drag night at local gay bars, TG balls etc.---once you are comfortable with that feel free to expand.

Sam-antha
04-04-2006, 11:32 AM
In a way I would say that such a night out is thevery place. On the other hand, it is going to last for some time, and it is tiring at first. It is a metter of choice I think, but whatever the choice the first time is so hard, especially going out of the door.
Be brave and go.

carolinebrookes
05-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Natalie.

I think you posted this thread in March but here goes anyway. Hopefully you will read it.

I was lucky enough that my big sister decided to take me out first time, which helped tremendously. She is still the only one in my family to know about me. She turned up at my door one Saturday evening and barged into my wardrobe, picked out an outfit for me and ordered me into the shower. Half an hour later and I was being dressed by my big sister ( not in a kinky way!) and she did my makeup, nails, hair etc. An hour after that and i was walking up the main street of our city arm in arm with my sister. We had the best night out a girl could have the first time. I didn't have to buy a drink the whole night and best of all was that i wasn't found out! It did wonders for my confidence.

My sister explained that people would most probably not have said anything anyway even if i had been "made" I now think that is true.

That was a fair few years back now and sometimes I still panic when I'm out in case someone recognises me or realises I'm no lady! Truth is - most times I don't really care! I just go about my business as usual and so far - so good.

My advice? Do you have a big sister? lol Try going out for the first time with someone who knows about you. Failing that, go somewhere public. You'll find you may get 1 or 2 stares at first, but as you become more natural, it won't matter anyway. I frequently go to the movies. It's public, It's easy to drive to and best of all - It's dark!!

Hope this helps

~Dee~
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
yes, it starts out very daunting.
afterall, its about as much of an unknown as most people will ever have in their lives.

but it does get better .. things become easier and you relax into whatever you are doing on that night.
when i first started going out, though i had the support of others, i was still scared to the core of my bones .. i had my head down most of the night (though i tend to do this when not out en femme anyhow) i didnt speak .. and i felt very out of place.
we were in a crowded area with lots and lots of people around .. i noticed a couple who kept looking over at our table, which made me feel more nervous..
but - the important thing is that later on, i was terribly proud of myself for walking in there infront of all those people and still going through with it. i was glad that i had had that experience.

and as outings go, they get easier and you start to laugh at how silly you acted on those starting times.
just try to relax (it wont happy much) .. but do try .. and afterwards, you will no doubt have a different perspective on the whole night and about going out in general.

stacie
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
My first time out, I was very excited and just as much scared. What, I did before, I went out, I went to the area and got familar with the places, I wanted to go to and it did make it easier for myself. Also study how the other ladies are dressing, you want to fit in as best as you can. You can always go to gender friendly places most are in the gay parts of town and you will be treated like a lady and they dont care if you are a hetro Cder. The place that, I have lunch at every week doesn't have many Cders come in on the weekdays but does have many come in on the weekends so I am usally the only cd there but I am treated like a lady and never had any trouble. After a while you will feel comfortable and you will look forward to you next time out.

donna h
05-30-2006, 03:09 PM
My SO and I agreed no dressing at home. My 1st time out was March 26th. I was at the hotel dressed, looked at the car 6 feet from the door and after a minute said this is it. Been out 3 times since,it does get easier but the butterflies are there. It is truly a great feeling,after 30 years locked in a closet to finally get that full womanly feel. The wind on your legs, skirt blowing its a great feeling. GO 4 IT but be careful.

anne16
05-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Natalie where are you? if near me ill take you out dressed,
Love Anne

Kimberley
05-30-2006, 03:37 PM
One word of advice?
Dress down not up! You want to be made wear a gown to a pub night. Other than that, have funnnnnn!

Krystal
05-30-2006, 04:17 PM
The first time for me I was scared to death. It was my SOthat said if she thought I could not pass she would not go out with me. We went shopping at Target. I had to take a deep breath to get out of the car but once I did and got thru the doors, lets just say I told my wife she just got done opening up a can of worms that will not shut anymore. I cant wait till we go out again which will be this weekend. Just the girls going shopping.

Adrienne Heels
05-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Why not just go to the mall casually dressed one day first.....break the ice slowly

michelleliz
05-30-2006, 10:04 PM
The more you go out the easer it gets . and the more comfortable you get

Michelleliz

Trisha
05-30-2006, 10:21 PM
i went out for the first time a few weeks ago to girls night out in tolido oh i had so much fun im also going to the be all with my so for the whole week i am so happy cant wait it was good to get out and meet others =+>

Allison1
05-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Natalie, If your avatar is you, you will have no problem that can be seen. ally

Kristen Kelly
05-30-2006, 11:47 PM
The only thing I have found easiler to do for the first time outings are drag nights, where there will be plenty of girls, the hardest part will be getting to there. That will develop a comfort level,which will put you at ease to try other places.

Natalie tv
05-31-2006, 05:29 AM
Thanks Allison, yes it is all me just with a little help from Chanel cosmetics...