PDA

View Full Version : I became much more visible today.

Sarah Doepner
03-31-2021, 02:46 PM
March 31st is International Transgender Day of Visibility and I did exactly that. I'd been saying on my Dave Facebook account that I'm transgender since last October. But until today I've never posted a photo or indicated I've changed my name and gender legally. I was up early (kind of sleepless I guess) and posted my photo, changed my name and gender and let people know they could no longer say they didn't know a Transgender person. They've known one as long as they've known me and if they stuck around for that long, they might as well understand I'm actually pretty normal.

The response has been positive so far with lots of love and respect and claims that I'm brave. On that last one I just waited out the negative risks and finally saw no significant problem. I expect some of the "friends" will be drifting away from me, but the core family and friends are with me and those others won't be missed (we probably disagreed on politics as well :devil: ).

As we always seem to say, Your Mileage May Vary, but this has been a good day for me and sets the table for B.A. next week. Moving quickly for an old gal, but I've been greasing the skids for years.

Best wishes to those who can be visible today and no judgement patience to those who need to remain under the radar. I hope the path forward for all of us is smoother because of days like this.

AllieSF
03-31-2021, 05:41 PM
Sarah,

Thank you so much for this post, which has even more significance on this special day for all of us under the Transgender umbrella, crossdressers included whether they want to realize that or not. I wish you the best on your BA. I had mine a couple of years ago and have some personal advice for you if interested. Just contact me by PM. There is some good and bad in there based on my real life experiences.

Good luck and have a fast recovery,

Allie

Ugly_duckling
03-31-2021, 09:38 PM
Thats awesome! I didn't do any thing nearly so big, but some one in a chat group for a podcast I listen to made a comment about transgender day of visibility, and I came out to them.

Katya@
04-02-2021, 10:07 AM
That's awesome some, congrats! On trans day of visibility, I updated my pronouns on FB and Gmail signature from they/them to they/she, and yesterday I bought two full bags of clothes ahead of starting at the new job on Monday. It was an interesting experience. I used to shop for women's clothes that could be seen as gender neutral for work, and now all my clothes (style, color patterns, fit) are very feminine. Hey, it's about the gender expression and being visible!

Devi SM
04-02-2021, 10:17 AM
That's great! To overcome fears of the consequences on how things, family, friends and the whole.enviroment could change being out is one the big things tormented me for years during the night and and day too.

I'd been always the kind of person to do the bad and no nice things soon so after the life is easier....

Congratulations!

Sarah Doepner
04-07-2021, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the comments and my best to everyone as we follow our paths. Yesterday my path passed through the clinic's outpatient surgery facility and I got my breast augmentation done. The surgical bra needs to stay on for another day before I can get a look at the changes, but from what I can see, I think I'll end up being pleased with the results. I'm sore and have limited motion, but I think I'm ready to move on to OTC pain medications. And I've had a couple of family and friends around to help, so things remain good.

Katya@
04-07-2021, 09:23 AM
Hi Sarah,

That's awesome! Look how far you've come! Congrats and enjoy the life as it meant to be!

Lana Mae
04-07-2021, 10:17 AM
That's great! Have a speedy recovery! Also I am jealous! Gentle Hugs Lana Mae

Devi SM
04-07-2021, 10:21 AM
Wow! Great news Sarah!

Take care of yourself and follow all doctor's instructions and please when you can, don't forget to post some before and after pics.

Devi

Jazzy Jaz
04-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Congratulations I’m very happy for you Sarah!

Teri Ray
04-11-2021, 06:38 PM
Sarah I am happy to hear that things your way continue to go well. You have always been an amazingly good person and you deserve to be happy. Is it a bad thought to be just a little bit jealous of you breast enhancement? Glad to hear family is with you. Huggs Teri