PDA

View Full Version : Hello from one who's been away a while

JamieOH
04-13-2021, 05:43 PM
Good evening. I have been away a while. My wife was very ill and took much of my time. She passed on Feb 13th. I had told her that when i married her I promised to be her man, and that is what I would be, She had me promise I would transition after she passed. So. My journey is beginning. After 50 years, I am now myself. Started really at the end of Feb. and already there is a calm in my brain that wasn't there before. My confidence is higher. I feel actually good. I had lots of happiness in my 50 years. I do not regret them. She was my 1st and only love. Wonderful kids and grandkids. But now, I no longer have the heavy weight of self loathing. Not to say I am not critical of my looks and no longer have dysphoria, because I certainly do have that. But I am better than I was. And getting better each day.

beccadeath
04-13-2021, 06:10 PM
I'm so so sorry for your loss, but also how bittersweet. Good luck on your new journey.

I can't imagine mourning my wife and beginning transition...but I guess you were destined to start life over in a sense, and it sounds like you were both prepared for this day on some level.

Again, good luck!

Jeri Ann
04-13-2021, 07:51 PM
My condolences to you and best wishes for your transition.

Lana Mae
04-13-2021, 10:32 PM
Condolences on your loss!
Best wishes on your journey!
Hugs Lana Mae

mbmeen12
04-14-2021, 02:01 AM
Welcome back home and my condolences...

DMichele
04-14-2021, 07:44 AM
Jamie,

My condolences to you, and best wishes for your transition. Your wife was a special person to make you promise to transition.

Devi SM
04-27-2021, 10:13 AM
I'd been married 42 years same wife and I can just imagine how you feel for your lost but at the same if we can call it freedom....

I start in hormones three years ago, I'm now 61 and believe me, these three years had been the most happiest in my life....welcome back and aboard!