PDA

View Full Version : Masculine looking CDers

osteph
04-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Hello all,

I had some difficulty with a Title for this topic.

I just wonder if there are many others, like me, who love to CD in silks and satins and feminine fabrics and garments but who are totally masculine in size, shape and appearance, and will never have the remotest chance of passing or even coming close.
Thankfully this does not really bother me too much.
I am heterosexual, married (my wife knows and 'tolerates') and have no desire whatsoever to be with a man.
Crossdressing for me is not about attracting others - male or indeed female.
I have absolutely no illusions as to how I look when dressed.
The desire is still there however and when I am wearing a satin nightdress or a nice slip with stockings and panties I can, in my imagination, be a 'real stunner'.
I sometimes get the impression, on forums such as this, that everyone else is lovely and that they have no problems passing.
I know this cannot be the case although some of the pictures of members are fantastic.
Indeed it has struck me that it is perhaps good that I would not pass because, I suspect that if I had been blessed with a smaller more 'refined' body I would spend much more time enfemme and shopping and trying on clothes.
I would be particularly interested to hear from the GGs on this.
For example does the degree to which their CDer makes a convincing lady make a difference to them and/or to their willingness to accept/support.
I feel I have rambled a bit but hope I have made some sense.
Thanks to all
osteph

anonjulz
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
There is no way my partner would pass for female... Unless, of course, he was the bearded lady! But, he gives me the best of both worlds... feminitity in dress and masculinity in demeaner and passion. He looks wonderful to me, hair, broad body and all... whether his is in masculine or feminine dress.

Deb
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi I am a CD from here in the States. I have two things against me I am over 50 and there is no way I could pass and I know it. I enjoy the dressing and meeting other CD's and having fun.

I live with it and love it.

Deb

dancinginthedark
04-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Okay. Here goes. I tried explaining this one to my DH [dear husband or damn husband depending on mood] but I am not 100% sure he understood my mind set.
When I saw him dressed and I mean “fully” dressed the first time I simply saw a man in women’s clothing. However, the longer we talked the more he become female for/to me. When dressed or even when talking about dressing or shopping for items to wear the more female he becomes. Mannerisms, body language, voice and even personality become female. So in my mind’s eye he looks very attractive to me. I don’t see him as a he like when he is in male mode I see “her” then. I see a woman and an attractive one at that. :D
Remember playing Cowboys and Indians as a child? You were playing with a friend and at the start of the game you were just little Johnny playing with his pal Stevie. Soon though you did not see just your pal anymore. No, you really did see an Indian and you were not just playing pretend anymore you were really were a Cowboy. You could feel the weight of those six shooters strapped across your hips and you felt the guns jump when you shot them. Your heart pounded as you fought your enemy and when you jumped up on your horse and rode hell bent on leather you were really on a horse. And darn it that Indian wasn’t still too far ahead to get in a good shot as you raced along. It was real. Kind of like that.
In my mind my husband is not pretending to be a woman when he dresses. No she “is” a woman. So I treat her like one. That is another story though. ;)
Oh, BTW my DH has broad shoulders and a mustache. My husband has really great [muscular] arms which I happen to love on a guy but they don’t lend much to a feminine look do they? He has body hair too, so like you he wouldn’t pass out on the street, but Hun in my eyes he/she does. I hope this helps clear it up on how this GG’s sees a CD-er dressed. I see your pictures sometimes posted by your names and I don’t see you as the world might, I see you with my heart. You look great.

Deborah
04-03-2006, 03:39 PM
My body i can easily femme up, but my face is definantly male. I'll never pass no matter how much makeup i put on.
Facial surgery is an option, but that's a long way off.

Joy Carter
04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey if you got it flaunt it even if you don't go ahead and flaunt it any way !

"Transvestitus third century Roman CDer"

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

JoAnnDallas
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
I know that I don't pass 100% or even 75%. If I can blend in or I'm presentable, then that is all I can ask. If the other person can respect me for the gender that I am presenting, then I am happy.

suzanne claire
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
My body i can easily femme up, but my face is definantly male. I'll never pass no matter how much makeup i put on.
Facial surgery is an option, but that's a long way off.
Your picture shows an attractive female . I believe you are just being very critical of yourself.:D

Bev06 GG
04-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Your picture shows an attractive female . I believe you are just being very critical of yourself.:D

Yeah thats just what I was thinking. Unless its just a ruddy good avatar.
BEV

Bev06 GG
04-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Any how, in answer to the original thread. I think its really good when a CD takes herself seriously enough to make the effort, but not too seriously that she becomes obsessed with passing. I'd love to be a beauty queen, I can have dreams can't I. Just so long as I dont get too darned serious and dissapointed when it doesn't happen, but enjoy the process of trying anyhow.
In my experience there are only a tiny minority of T Girls who when made up would pass ! 100% and not be questioned, and they usually have quite feminine features to start with, no facial hair, great legs, good skin because shaving hasn't damaged it, and the ones Ive actually made up have all been in their early twenties altho I expect there must be some more mature ones out there somewhere.
Most T Girls look attractive when they make the effort tho. Same as me. I can pass easy with abit of makeup. I am certainly always impressed with the girls on this site because they seem to be quite classy.
BEVxxxx

InHerShoes
04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm also on the big side to be passable - I'm 6'2 and my ladies shoe size is a fifteen. But I love dressing and I love the way I look when dressed. My wife is even nice enough to throw a few compliments my way. There's something that I really like about the way my masculine build looks when it's wraped in something extremely fem so I don't think I would trade myself in for a sleeker model.

anonjulz
04-03-2006, 08:39 PM
I honestly think that the allure of a masculine form in feminine clothing is wonderful... I wouldn't trade my SO's beard and hairy chest for anything, especially when he is strapped in a lovely bra. Yet again, he is devine in both of his modes of dress.

Deborah
04-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Yeah thats just what I was thinking. Unless its just a ruddy good avatar.
BEV

Awww thanks i appreciate it i really do. Out of a dozen pictures i occasionally get one that looks really good and that was one of them i think.
The rest are painfully more obvious though. :(
Hugs
Deborah

Lawren
04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
There is some possibity that, with a lot of help, I might pass but CDing, to me, is more just dressing for myself. I love the feel and look of the clothes. That's the addictive part for me. I no longer have a strong desire to "go out en femme" but do love to spend all my time at home dressed up. I would welcome the chance to meet other CDs for occasional get togethers in a safe environment.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Passing doesn't matter. If I didn't go out if I didn't pass, I would never have gone out.

Don't focus on passing, focus on looking nice. If people treat you with dignity and respect that is all that matters, no matter if you "pass" or not.

Veronica

Jodi
04-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree with Veronica. I focus on being presentable to the situation. Attempting to look great is a lot of work and is not cheap. I don't believe I pass much of the time. But, I have learned that with confidence in how one is dressed and how one acts leads to acceptance in most situations. Also, learning to dress in the style that fits who you are will go a long way to not looking like a man in a dress.

Jodi

Butterfly Bill
04-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I wear sleeveless and tank top dresses, which I like for the way they show off my arms and deltoids, which are construction worker's size.

If you want to see how good men can look in tights and tunics that are shaped the same as dresses, go to a Renaissance faire. Women there go ga-ga over peeks of hairy legs under swishing kilts.

Talon DeRojo
04-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I know that I'm not likely to go out dressed and even less likely to pass if I did. I just love the feeling that I get wearing feminine clothes, stockings, high heels, and long, polished fingernails (which make me feel more femme than all of the rest). So, as far as CDing goes, I'm a homebody, but a happy one.
Talon

Mitzi
04-04-2006, 12:53 AM
A fulltime tg once told me, in her experience, generally, attractive guys make unattractive girls, while attractive tg's are usually unattractive as guys.

So, if you're attractive as a girl, great. If you can't pass, then console yourself that you're an attractive guy:happy: .

Mitzi

Tiffany Anne 9954
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
I can sy I'am one of those masculine looking cd's (see my avatar pic). I live in a small town and I don't know any tg friends here unlike when I lived in the city to help me with my femme look.
I did post a couple pics in the photo album but I also said in that thread that I'am not going to show my face for the first few pic postings.
When I do feel more comfortable showing my face I will show my face in future pic posts.

As for now my avatar pic is the only face pic you'll see for now.

EricaCD
04-04-2006, 02:12 PM
For almost 20 years, with only a couple brief breaks along the way, I had a beard. Obviously that made passing in any sense quite impossible. I still enjoyed dressing all that time, because this is something I do for me. I do like to make myself presentable to the best of my limited ability, not to win a beauty contest but because it makes me feel pretty. (Side note: missing two decades of shaving is a good way to keep your skin soft!)

If I manage to get a photo that conveys externally how I feel internally, that's just wonderful. Really, I enjoy those photos because they are wonderful mementos of how I felt at the time, not because I want to be mistaken for a genetic female.

My favorite photo of myself is one I took of me about seven years ago, one of the very first times I ever dressed fully with a wig. The clothes don't fit, the lighting is even worse than usual for me, I had to obscure the bottom of my face, etc. But the photo still clearly brings a memory of that first feeling of transformation.

Upshot: it's not about passing or wanting to pass. It's about feminizing that which is most definitely NOT feminine most of the time.

Erica

Bev06 GG
04-05-2006, 03:04 PM
A fulltime tg once told me, in her experience, generally, attractive guys make unattractive girls, while attractive tg's are usually unattractive as guys.

So, if you're attractive as a girl, great. If you can't pass, then console yourself that you're an attractive guy:happy: .

Mitzi
Strange as it may sound, there is an element of truth in that. However, its mainly down to features. Some males have very manly features and however you might try to disguise them they are still all too painfully obvious. One of the prettiest girls that I made up was a bit of a whimpy guy actually and certainly nothing to look at in male mode, but as a T Girl wow he looked good. Having said that, my partner is gorgeous in both modes, but then I would say that wouldn't I.
BEV

Janelle Young
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
For years I had either a moustache or a beard and I still dressed up even knowing I could never go out of the house. I have since shaved and maybe with a lot of effort I might blend in enough not to be laughed out loud at. The passing is not as important as the feeling I get from dressing. It is calming, feminine, pretty, and relaxing.

Kathycd
04-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I can be counted in this classification I believe. But then I don't care about passing, it has never been on top of my list really. I like being me and Kathy has brought forth the softer side of my self as a whole.

I can look decent but that is as far as it goes. I don't have facial hair always smoothe shaven, actually I am one of the lucky ones in not having to shave my legs, never had any hair there to begin with nor my body for that matter. I just have the face and jaw of a man and learned to live with it.

With the right wig and if I can EVER learn make up (lol) and a moonless night I migh pass from the back. <smile>

Bottom line is I like me dressed or not.

kathy

ginafaye
04-05-2006, 04:55 PM
just my 2 cents .......klinger on mash couldnt pass .......but most anyone could at least do tootsie if they really want to. i just want to enjoy my femine side with my gg and thats good enough for me ......and all my friends here

Bernice
04-05-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure what it is that bothers my SO about the full presentation. Her fear is that others will see and not understand. Nothing unusual about that. She also endured an unpleasant encounter with a bigot early in our marriage. In any event, her tolerance grows rather thin when I have on a wig, breast forms, or makeup. So, I respect that, and endeavor not to burden her with the full presentation.

In recent years she has protested the way I run and hide - to quickly change when she arrives home unexpectedly. I'm still working to find a happy medium here - one that says I don't fear her, but also that I respect her uneasiness. Two days ago, when this happened, I was in wig and breasts, but no makeup. She kissed me on the lips, as I remained seated - right where I am as I type this. Then she went back out for an unrelated reason, and I changed while she was gone. Small steps...

Hugs,

Bernice

michelle19845
04-05-2006, 10:23 PM
my problem is i have to wear longsleeved shirts or desses to cover up my arms,they have a muscular look to them.

Danielle
04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Finally I read something that I wanted to read and did'nt know how to put in words or maybe I was just a wuss at saying that am a CROSSDRESSER with a mustache.Thanks Osteph and hurray your SO accept ya ..COOL!!!