PDA

View Full Version : Not a " SIR" to be heard !

Teresa
04-30-2021, 07:45 AM
I was going to make this comment in Brianna's thread on being labelled " Sir ".

I had an appointment for my second Pfizer injection today , it was a lovely warm sunny morning which was just as well as the queue stretched out across the car park , I'd slipped on a skirt with a short sleeved blouse and a longline cardigan with heeled wedges . As the line neared the building a volunteer was walking along the line dispensing hand sanitiser , he did mine then said to the guy behind , " I'll stop at this lady , so I know where I've got to " and then went off to help a lady with a wheelchair , when he resumed he gave me a big smile and said " I know I got to this lady ".

Inside as we were being checked through on the register another volunteer assumed I was with the guy standing near to me so she asked if I wanted to join the line with my husband , the man looked at me gave me a big smile and said , " I'm sorry I'm not with this lady "

When I reached the vaccination station I handed the vaccination card to the attendant , she checked it out and ticked off on her list Terri ****** after double checking my age and correct address and the usual health issues she handed the card back as she said , " Love the blouse " , as I was chatting to her I never even felt the injection .

After that I went to Matalan now it's re-opened and bought three longline cardigans for the summer , it was so good to chat to some of the SAs I hadn't seen for over a year .

And not a " Sir " to be heard !

BrendaPDX
04-30-2021, 09:04 AM
Teresa, Sounds like a pleasant way to get your Pfizer injection. Thank you for sharing. Brenda

Teresa.Smith.VA
05-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Deleted by Teresa.

Karren H
05-05-2021, 02:49 AM
I do not get sir...ed when out enfemme either... but then again I never wear my hearing aids out enfemme either!

Teresa
05-05-2021, 06:02 AM
Karen,
I'm not sure if your comment is funny or not but I don't have a problem with it but I have to wear hearing aids and have found it almost impossible when wearing a mask . My hearing loss is 50% down at the higher frequencies , I can hear most things fine it's just music that needs a boost , so hearing " Sir " would be clear enough .

Karren H
05-05-2021, 06:10 AM
Same here, Teresa... My audiograms showed sever loss in the range of the female voice. So if a woman "Sir"ed or "Ma'M"ed me when I was not wearing my aids.... I would totally miss it. Ask me wife.... don't hear half what she says! (maybe on purpose)

Teresa
05-05-2021, 06:38 AM
Karen,
Thanks for that .

Through the pandemic and needing to wear a mask I gave up on hearing aids when I removed my mask in a supermarket car park and the elastic caught the hearing aids and flicked them across the car park , the same thing happened with my clip on earrings . It's bad enough wearing a wig and having to slip my glasses on , no matter how much I try I always get steamed up . It adds to the fun of shopping , I can't see half the stuff and I can't hear what the SAs are telling me , my wardrobe has some very interesting combinations now .

While sitting in my dentist waiting room a lady was struggling with the same problems , she turned to me and said she's given up on earrings and hadn't worn them for over a year .

dalearden
05-24-2021, 11:03 PM
I read this at first thinking the guy was flirting with you......:)