PDA

View Full Version : Heels, Stairs and Longevity

Julie Avery
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Can you do stairs in heels? I think it's a rite of passage, though I'm thinking in 2" heels - but the stairs are uncarpeted, varnished wood :)

Also, does anyone have any stats on the life expectancy of CD's who do this?

DonnaT
04-03-2006, 05:50 PM
No stats, but I'm still around :D
My heels are 3" or better. You just have to learn to turn your body at an angle, and hold the handrail.

Josi
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Going up is easy!

SherriePall
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
My first time out I went up four outside steps in four-inch heels without holding onto the railing. Afterwards, I thought, "Was I crazy for doing that?"
Usually I hold onto the railing, but not for dear life.

Gale R
04-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Perhaps i'm one of the lucky one's, used to wear huge platforms in the 70's, so heels and stairs hold no fears for me!:D

Hugs Gale.

Breanne
04-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Can you do stairs in heels? I think it's a rite of passage, though I'm thinking in 2" heels - but the stairs are uncarpeted, varnished wood :)

It's 1.3
Here's the formula:
2x(3y-2z)/3a+b or c=3.1
(where x=number of steps, y=height of heels, z=age of trannie, a=number of attempts, b=going up, c=going down.)

Teresa Amina
04-03-2006, 06:05 PM
2 3/4 inch but the stairs do have carpet, no problem even the first time. Guess I'm blessed! Wouldn't try it in those 4 inchers you gals are always talking about, might tempt fate.

Adrienne Heels
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Can do stairs in 4" heels!!

barbie lanai
04-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Going up is OK, but just awarkward at coming back down with any sign of grace. So typically hang on the the rail going down, not to concerned going up.

Wendy me
04-03-2006, 06:48 PM
3 to 4 inch heels on stairs no trouble at all no carpet on our stairs .....

DawnLabelle
04-03-2006, 06:54 PM
4 inch heels or less is a piece of cake for me, up or down (and I can even run up). 5 inch stiletto's are a pain going downwards, but a chunky heel makes it all ok.

Practice with a solid heel before hitting the stilettos :)

Dawn

Julie Avery
04-03-2006, 07:27 PM
It's 1.3
Here's the formula:
2x(3y-2z)/3a+b or c=3.1
(where x=number of steps, y=height of heels, z=age of trannie, a=number of attempts, b=going up, c=going down.)

I'm wishing I'd payed closer attention to math in school, lol

Bernice
04-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Here's the formula:
2x(3y-2z)/3a+b or c=3.1
04-03-2006 05:59 PM

Not quite a math major, by just one course...

Shouldn't the life expectancy go down (not up) as b increases? Recall that without parenthesis, b is added to the result of 2x(3y-2z)/3a. Also, not quite sure where the logical operator comes in, but c=3.1 would be a special case would it not? And the result of the logical operator would be 0 or -1 (for old farts) or 0 or +1 for .Net geeks?

Oh, the topic, you say? Uhmm, I go up in 4 " heels no problem even on carpet. Down is a little slow... and I may grab the rail. I may be old, but I'm not stupid.

Hugs,

Bernice

Joy Carter
04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
WELL I LOVED THE SOUND THAT HEELS MAKE SO MUCH THAT I TRIED THE BASEMENT STEPS BIG MISTAKE THE HEELS KEPT SLIPING OFF MY HEEL !:eek:

Patsy Stone GG
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Julie Avery

Here's the formula:
2x(3y-2z)/3a+b or c=3.1

The equation is also inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol which has been consumed ;)

TGMarla
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Yup. No problem. I've always lived in houses that had stairs, so I've always been able to go both up and down in heels.

Katrina
04-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I've done my carpetted stairs many times in 6" platforms (4" heel). Piece of cake in anything lower. The real question is can you run (up only) in heels? ;)

Francine
04-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Stairs for me is no problem because to date, I have limited myself to heels of 3", mainly do to my height. I have 2 pair that have 3" heels, on is a sling with a narrow, small heel. That pair is probably the trickiest, but when in heels, I may have a tip that was give to me.. "Walk.. like a lady". Slow down, and use the hand rails, for safety.

Francine

Christina Nicole
04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Most women wear at most 2 to 3" heels, so that is as much as I wear. I've never had a problem with stairs, unless you count that escalator that tore the heel off one of my pumps. What a terrible day. I had to go and buy a new pair of shoes just so that I could walk out of the mall.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Mona
04-03-2006, 08:44 PM
So far I can go up OK and down hanging on the rail. As for longevitiy you have to run up 4 flights every day to gain any advantage!
Hugs, Mona

Jodi
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Doing stairs in heels just takes practice. I am quite comfortable when decending stairs in heels, but I take hold of the railing just as a precaution. Falls can happen instantly and can lead to serious injury. Medical statistics show that falls are one of the leading cause of death in the elderly. The falls generally don't lead to instant death, but the injuries incurred in the fall cause a deterioration in health leading to death.

Jodi

jeenie67
04-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Bom dia! I do everything and anything in 4.5" heels, without battin' an eye! Jeenie

Butterfly Bill
04-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I'll tell you something that can be hard at first: walking down a wheelchair ramp in heels.

Breanne
04-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Ah, Bill, did you not know that ramps are not for walking on, but for rolling down. This is best done in compliance with the amended formula as suggested by Patsy in post #16!

lynda jane hamilton
04-04-2006, 01:06 AM
I live in a bugallow!

Lynda x

Khriss
04-04-2006, 01:12 AM
....5" heels ... and Hockey pads...yeah that's IT !? :eek: :D xx"K"

Toni
04-04-2006, 01:39 AM
I don't have any problems with 4 inch heels on the stairs, whether they are hard or carpeted, but I must admit it's easier going up than coming down.

Delila
04-04-2006, 01:39 AM
stairs are easy grassy hills are hard.

Wren
04-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Pardon the interruption...but..
Isn't the theory that the male centre of gravity is better suited to moving around in heels? As well as martial artists because they are always on their toes?

May I point out anyone who has played the role of Angel in the musical "Rent" has had to jump off a bannister, and onto tables in heels. Skills.

Mandy Salamander
04-04-2006, 02:07 AM
stairs in heels???,,, never a problem,,,,, in my new bifocals, nearly broke my neck!!!

Candy Heels
04-04-2006, 07:49 AM
After all these years in high heels, it isn't a problem at all.

MsEva
04-04-2006, 08:01 AM
The heels are fine..I tend to wear long dresses and skirts...hard to manage going up stairs without catching a hem.:o

wendy
04-04-2006, 08:16 AM
at first I had to hold onto the railings, but now it is hands free !:D

If I do wear any long dresses or skirts, I have to bunch it up abit before going upstairs though, or I will find up stepping on it.:happy:

RenaCD
04-04-2006, 08:31 AM
The heels are fine..I tend to wear long dresses and skirts...hard to manage going up stairs without catching a hem.:o
Eva thats the thing I have to be careful of also, we live in Connecticut a very tiny Layered state very thing is Up or Down Stairs or Slops.
I did have a brand new set of Heels (Red my Favorites) break one evening on the basement stairs, the fall wasn't bad, but the Landing wasn't graceful at all. :thumbsdn:

Love the Sound Hugs Rena

JoAnnDallas
04-04-2006, 08:31 AM
We used to live in WV and the house had a finished basement. The basement was my domain and when I got a chance to have some JoAnn time that is where I dressed. AThe problem was the kitchen was upstairs, so If I got hungry I would have to climb the stairs. The stairs was a circular stairs and made of metal. After a while I got real good at going up/down with either 2" or 3" high heels. My 2" ones are pumps, so have a wide heel. My 3" are spiked heels. Thank goodness the stairs have a good hand rail. At first it was all I could do to climb up/down without clutching the hand rail. As time went on, I got better and when we moved, I could go up/down with only a slight touch on the hand rail. New house here in Dallas doesn't have a basement.

Julie Avery
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Ah, Bill, did you not know that ramps are not for walking on, but for rolling down. This is best done in compliance with the amended formula as suggested by Patsy in post #16!

Now this wouldn't attract undue attention, would it? A guy in a dress and heels, rolling down a ramp....not to mention wear and tear on the dress :)

uknowhoo
04-04-2006, 08:40 AM
I'd guess it's a matter of practice. I generally do fine, on stairs or otherwise, in any of my 4" heels. I was a bit embarassed a month or two ago when I caught the 4" heel of my calf boots on a step going down. The heel broke, but fortunately I caught myself before falling, and was fine (except for my femme ego, of course). Tammi

Breanne
04-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Now this wouldn't attract undue attention, would it? A guy in a dress and heels, rolling down a ramp....not to mention wear and tear on the dress :)
Of course, isn't that what we all want, at least secretly! Too bad about the dress though, but we all have to make small (if it's a mini) sacrifices.

Georgette
04-04-2006, 09:26 AM
stairs are easy grassy hills are hard.
Don't forget newly manicured lawns and soft dirt in 4" spikes that's BAAAAAAAAAD.
also I can pretty much negoitiate any terraen other than on the grass that's when they come of in my hand and no problem thenLOL.:straightface:

Kathycd
04-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I sure don't do much talking when going down.

kathy

Lorna
04-04-2006, 11:22 AM
One of the many things I discovered about dressing in female attire was that any skirt with even a slight flare makes it hard (or impossible) to see your own feet when descending stairs. I suppose women get used to it but, having had only a few opportunities to try it in skirt and heels, I find it disconcerting.

Bonnie D
04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
I can go up and down stairs in heels but prefer to hold onto a railing, but not for dear life.

Bonnie

Jill
04-04-2006, 12:46 PM
This is one of those things that gets easier with experience. I've lived in an apartment most of my adult CDing life, so I am terrible at it. I almost never do stairs in heels because I am never dressed outside of my apartment.

Katrina
04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Don't forget newly manicured lawns and soft dirt in 4" spikes that's BAAAAAAAAAD.
also I can pretty much negoitiate any terraen other than on the grass that's when they come of in my hand and no problem thenLOL.:straightface:

I'd imagine that heels are good for "aerating" your lawn... ;)

Deborah
04-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I actually badly bruised my left toe (possibly broke, but it healed) a few months ago prancing down the stairs in a pair of heels. It could have ended worse but i caught myself.
I picked hang on for dear life as that's what i was doing, but i'm not going to do it ever again. :(

Julie York
04-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Stairs are no problem. When going to any social event take 10 or so metal trays. Go up stairs as normal and leave trays at top. Then whenever you need to decend just use a metal tray to slide down the stairs. Not only will this be easier on your feet but it will give plenty opportunities for salacious upskirt shots etc.

:D

That's a joke ok any dumb asss not sure.

Tamara Croft
04-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Did your mother not teach to you to TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF IN THE HOUSE.... I mean really!!!! After alcohol consumption, remove shoes....

Julie Avery
04-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Julie York, I think you've inspired me to just slide down the bannister.....
Tamara, actually, my real mom always does insist on shoe removal, I had an argument with her about that as an adult!
Alcohol consumption? What's that? ::::blush:::::

:eek:

RenaCD
04-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Did your mother not teach to you to TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF IN THE HOUSE.... I mean really!!!! After alcohol consumption, remove shoes....

O Sure Barefoot and Pregnant!
Like a good dog and most men, shoes love to be heels!
ooPs is that men Bashing Back to the Corner!:D

kim in n.c.
04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Who in the world is chasing you people:D

genevieve
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
My first time out dressed I was wearing 4" heels, the stairs from my room were uncarpeted and quite easy to decline. Outside, the walk to the club included stone steps and that too was quite easy to decline. On my way back to my room it was quite different as the stones were farther apart than normal stairs and there were so many. No handrail and a few men walking behind, I did my best. The stairs to my room were fine and walked up slighty angling my steps. It was a very fun experience, but my feet hurt for days!

KimberlyS
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
i can do stairs without a probem being them 1 to 5 inch heels. But the key when going down for me is to go down the stairs slightly sideways which allows the toe to stay away from the front corner of the stair.

I also offen run my hand down the top of the stair rail being in femme or male mode.

Kimberlys - CD

maid phylis
04-07-2006, 04:52 PM
i have been walking in heels for about five years and i do pretty well in them.i live in brooklyn but i travel to cdi every wed evening and i always take the subway and as every one knows there are millions of steps ,going up and down.two months ago after getting a ride to the subway station from one of the girls from our cdi dinner i was going down a flight of stairs and for the first time i fell down the stairs.my heel might have caught on something and i did not have a firm grip on the railling.so i fell down and i wound up on the bottom with just a scraped knee and a ruined pair of stockings.some people came to my assistance and helped me up and gave me my hat which had fallen off (luckyly i was wearing a good wig)well i was ok and nothing broken so i made my way down the next flight of steps to my train.now every time i go down those stairs i am holding on to the rail and taking my time ,but i still am wearing my heels.love phylisanne:doll: :yrtw:

Lindahexi
04-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm just lucky that walking in heels came naturally to me, after a few practices on the stairs I was able to negotiate them with relative ease.

Kimberly
04-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Not quite a math major, by just one course...

Shouldn't the life expectancy go down (not up) as b increases? Recall that without parenthesis, b is added to the result of 2x(3y-2z)/3a. Also, not quite sure where the logical operator comes in, but c=3.1 would be a special case would it not? And the result of the logical operator would be 0 or -1 (for old farts) or 0 or +1 for .Net geeks?
:yikes:

... :timeout:

Parker0429
04-10-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm quite at ease in heels while going up/down stairs and don't feel an immediate need to steady myself with the railing. Most of my heels are 2 & 3/4" sandals or pumps.

uknowhoo
04-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm Ok with heels up to 11".

Any higher than that I have to turn around and go down the stairs frontwards, using both feet - instead of hopping down the stairs backwards, blindfolded, balancing ten metal trays on my head. What? Some fool just left the trays there, what am I gonna do?

:D

T

Breanne
04-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Stairs are no problem. When going to any social event take 10 or so metal trays. Go up stairs as normal and leave trays at top. Then whenever you need to decend just use a metal tray to slide down the stairs. Not only will this be easier on your feet but it will give plenty opportunities for salacious upskirt shots etc.

Stairs around here have those metal nosings on them, metal trays on the metal nosings made a terrible screeching noise (something like fingernails on a chalk board) when sliding down, besides, metal on metal caused a lot of friction and heat . . . it wasn't pleasant, melted the panty hose. Started using plastic trays, much, much better!