PDA

View Full Version : Panties under a kilt?

Allison Chaynes
05-13-2021, 07:30 PM
I am going to be at a Scottish festival all weekend and am debating whether or not to wear panties under my kilt. I am mostly closeted but underdress 24/7. Thoughts?

lisalove
05-13-2021, 08:18 PM
I say wear them.
I was best man at my friend's wedding to a Scottish Lass.
I wore my panties under my kilt, Well because that's all I own and wear, so was not going to wear anything else under it.
The brides mum wanted to know what I was wearing under my kilt, so I showed her.
Later on, she showed me what she was wearing under her gown.
I trust y'all, know what happened next

JenniferMBlack
05-13-2021, 11:19 PM
Sure. Why not? The alternatives are boys pants or commando. Personally I'd go for the panties over the others, and commando would be second. But you do you and what makes you happy.

JenniferWhenCD
05-14-2021, 01:39 AM
Panties or a thong is my vote :)

JulieC
05-14-2021, 08:34 AM
I am Scottish, and provably so. Problem is, despite ample efforts I've not been able to figure out just what clan. I've thus not wanted to wear a kilt for lack of knowing my clan. But, I've thought long about it. I've though of wearing pantyhose under the kilt, and might do so some day. Panties? Certainly :)

BrendaPDX
05-14-2021, 10:20 AM
Allison, Oh my gosh, you almost made me choke on my coffee. I hope I am using this correctly but what a "dichotomy of imagery". Wear the panties.

docrobbysherry
05-14-2021, 11:26 AM
Who would know but u?:heehee:

Aunt Kelly
05-14-2021, 02:34 PM
Every true Scot knows that if yer wearin' panties, t'is no a kilt.

Stephanie47
05-14-2021, 03:58 PM
I'm voting for a solid black panty. Unless someone is going to getting frisky who's going to find out. Who knows what will happen as Lisalove intimated at #2, above?

susan jackson
05-15-2021, 12:56 AM
Who would know but u?:heehee:

If the weather is windy, everyone will know!

Kiwi Primrose
05-15-2021, 03:56 AM
Are you going as a man? If so wear a kilt and if you want to be traditional no underwear.
Women don't wear a kilt, their version is a tartan skirt and normally they would wear underwear.
I have a tartan skirt that my wife gave me many years ago Henderson tartan, beautifully pleated and worn only on special occasions.

Ceera
05-15-2021, 04:22 AM
I have, yeah, long before I was ‘out’ in any other way with my cross dressing. It was more comfortable than going commando, which I have also done.

An old Scott was once asked, by a pretty lady, if anything was worn under his kilt. He just grinned and replied, “Nae lass, it’s all in fine workin’ order!”

Karren H
05-15-2021, 05:01 AM
I would as long as they match!!

Tartan Panties (https://www.amazon.com/Escante-EL-59008-Plaid-Rouched-Panty/dp/B07KCV3JCT/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=plaid+underwear+women&qid=1621072658&sr=8-1)

SissieScott
05-15-2021, 05:06 AM
I say DO IT!
-you underdress 24/7.... stay true to yourself
- it's one heck of a conversation starter if a gust of wind *outs* you :D
There are times when my wife and I are in public or at a family event and I'm wearing panties she will *tug* on my pants and *threatens* to out me......instead of being a "terrifying" situation....it can be a very exhilarating situation! :heehee:!

Meghan4now
05-15-2021, 07:35 AM

Tartan Panties (https://www.amazon.com/Escante-EL-59008-Plaid-Rouched-Panty/dp/B07KCV3JCT/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=plaid+underwear+women&qid=1621072658&sr=8-1)
Yep. I seem to recall VS used to have a series with a couple of different tartans. Black watch may have been one of them.

JulieC
05-15-2021, 10:03 AM
I think I would love to wear the tartan panties under a kilt. I looked online and saw they have male boxers in tartan patterns. But, where's the fun in that? :)

Crissy 107
05-15-2021, 12:40 PM
You should look at the Jockey Skimmies, they are made for woman, and us, who are wearing a skirt that may come up and expose their panties. I have them in the short size but they also have a longer size. I think either could work.
I have mine in black but they also come in a nude color
These would also be worn under a tennis skirt

cdinmd206
05-16-2021, 02:51 PM
Unless you are engaging in some kind of public sport you should never wear anything under your kilt. As Aunt Kelly inferred, If you are wearing anything under your kilt then it is not considered a kilt but a skirt

kayegirl
05-16-2021, 05:01 PM
A kilt is a kilt, regardless of what you are wearing, or not wearing under it. I speak as one who has worn a kilt in my family tartan, from childhood, and I always wear something under. Remember that a genuine kilt is made from wool, not the most comfortable fabric against your bare skin. And if the you are hiring, or borrowing the kilt, then from a purely hygiene point of view you should not be commando.

alwayshave
05-16-2021, 07:25 PM
I have two kilts one in County Cork Tartan and a utility kilt. I always wear panties underneath. Nobody's business but my own.

Joni T
05-17-2021, 01:32 AM
Panties under the kilts is an abomination. Don't insult the highland dress!! Yes, I wear the kilts and play the pipes. Wear it right or don't wear it at all !! Why not just go commando? THAT'S the correct way.
Jon

Aunt Kelly
05-17-2021, 12:50 PM
Aye, lass. Cwid nae agree mair. :)

Bobbi46
05-17-2021, 01:38 PM
I don't fancy going commando under a kilt in the depths of winter !!!!

Stexxl
05-18-2021, 04:29 PM
I am Scottish, and provably so. Problem is, despite ample efforts I've not been able to figure out just what clan. I've thus not wanted to wear a kilt for lack of knowing my clan. But, I've thought long about it. I've though of wearing pantyhose under the kilt, and might do so some day. Panties? Certainly :)

Wear whatever you want Julie, the Clan stuff was all made up by the Victorians anyway.

Judy-Somthing
05-18-2021, 04:34 PM
Will they be PINK full LACE?

JuliannaS
05-18-2021, 05:10 PM
I absolutely love your screen name, Allison.

atlflygirl
05-18-2021, 06:42 PM
Definitely wear some panties or a thong. I'd go for white lace to contrast with the tartan. We Scottish girls gotta stay sexy!

susan jackson
05-19-2021, 12:45 AM
Wear whatever you want Julie, the Clan stuff was all made up by the Victorians anyway.

Your history is slightly out here, Stexxi! The Victorian era, that is the reign of Queen Victoria, runs from 1837 ? 1901

The clans, which means 'family' or 'children' in Gaelic, have their roots in the ancient origins of the Celtic, Norse and Norman-French traditions, and were well established by the 13th century, which ran in the years between 1201 - 1300

Not everyone in the same clan was related to each other. They would live off the land, with cattle being their main source of wealth and, along with border disputes, the prime cause of inter-clan unrest. The most important clan chiefs at this time were part-kings, part-protectorates and part-judges and they held real power over their controlled lands

The system remained largely intact until the time of the Battle of Culloden in 1746, where the Jacobite rebellion was mercilessly crushed by the royal troops of King George II

Today, many clans can be traced back to a specific part of Scotland, for example the MacLeods of Skye, the MacNeils of Barra or the MacNabs of St Fillan on Loch Earn. If you have ancestral ties and a clan history in Scotland, a trip to your clan?s homeland is an incomparable and moving experience like no other

Susan - part Scottish and fiercely proud of it

Liz Jones
05-19-2021, 03:45 AM
As of Scottish descent i wear my clan tartan kilt for hill walking. One ( VERY ) hot day in a national park i was walking up a road ( with the wife) kilt & T shirt. I passed a park ranger ( who had sweat running down his face ) looking at me he nodded & said--- bet your cool wearing that ( kilt ) to which i replied ( smiling ) i am a LOT cooler than you think..........
Nothing like a cool breeze on a hot day............
Liz

Stexxl
05-20-2021, 04:39 PM
Your history is slightly out here, Stexxi! The Victorian era, that is the reign of Queen Victoria, runs from 1837 ? 1901

The clans, which means 'family' or 'children' in Gaelic, have their roots in the ancient origins of the Celtic, Norse and Norman-French traditions, and were well established by the 13th century, which ran in the years between 1201 - 1300

Not everyone in the same clan was related to each other. They would live off the land, with cattle being their main source of wealth and, along with border disputes, the prime cause of inter-clan unrest. The most important clan chiefs at this time were part-kings, part-protectorates and part-judges and they held real power over their controlled lands

The system remained largely intact until the time of the Battle of Culloden in 1746, where the Jacobite rebellion was mercilessly crushed by the royal troops of King George II

Today, many clans can be traced back to a specific part of Scotland, for example the MacLeods of Skye, the MacNeils of Barra or the MacNabs of St Fillan on Loch Earn. If you have ancestral ties and a clan history in Scotland, a trip to your clan?s homeland is an incomparable and moving experience like no other

Susan - part Scottish and fiercely proud of it

I could have worded it better... The clan tartans was all made up by the Victorians.

Allison Chaynes
05-27-2021, 08:35 PM
Wow... some hilarious responses and great advice....

One thing reiterated all weekend was that no one starts out with the full gear and kilt accessories right off the bat... It takes time and money to build up to that. So shockingly, even though I am a tent commissioner, nobody gave me any trouble about wearing a T-shirt regular shoes and socks with my kilt. People were pretty cool about it, which is a shame, because I had a response. I was just gonna say hey, we may be Scottish in our ancestry, but we're American and ultimately do what we want anyway.

I went with "sport" style briefs on day one under my Royal Stewart utilikilt... competed in battle ace... didn't even score, sadly.

Day two, said hell with it... wore pink nylon briefs under my Black Stewart kilt... should have won the battle axe but I got greedy after two good throws, and number three knocked my previous two throws out of thevwooden target and gave me a score of zero. Still fun!

Thanks Julianna- love AIC!

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad I didn't have these, they would've matched my kilt on day one!

BLUE ORCHID
05-28-2021, 08:07 PM
Very interesting thoughts,

jacques
06-02-2021, 11:25 AM
a Scott was asked what is worn under a kilt - he replied "nothing is worn under a kilt, it is all in perfect working order!"
(an old joke that I could not resist retelling)

Allison Chaynes
06-02-2021, 05:09 PM
a Scott was asked what is worn under a kilt - he replied "nothing is worn under a kilt, it is all in perfect working order!"
(an old joke that I could not resist retelling)

I was told to never ask what was underneath, because if you try to find out, you might get kilt!