PDA

View Full Version : Bought a corset at Scarborough Renaissance Festival.... AND IT FELT AMAZING!!!

RainbowDash
05-25-2021, 10:42 AM
This is me in my Fair Maiden outfit, complete with a laced up corset. After passing by the corset shop in the festival a couple of times, I just could not stand it any longer, and I went inside to inquire. I told the lady who helped me that I only wanted a ladies' corset, as I was trying to achieve a figure. She laced me up in a corset which all the customers try on to get a feel for it, and after I decided I liked it, I figured you only live once and you gotta have fun, so I purchased one for myself, which was $159.
This was the first time I had ever worn a corset when it was fully laced up, which the lady did for me. I was concerned about the fit of the corset because I know they are supposed to be tight, and I was a man attempting to fit into a ladies' corset (I wouldn't even think about a man's corset btw). Surprisingly, we went as tight as we could, and I did not feel uncomfortable in the slightest. The corset had a nice snug tight fit to it. I actually saw a figure for the first time on my own body, and I fell in love with the corset. I had to have it! The best part was how polite, courteous, and helpful the lady was who helped me. Without her help, I may have not bought the corset. When it came time to go home when the festival was closing, she unlaced it for me, we talked for a bit about corsets, she showed me how to do it myself, and we exchanged a hug as she said she was looking forward to seeing me next year. I told her she really helped me out becoming the woman I so strongly desire to be by helping me achieve a more feminine figure. This lady was just so awesome, words cannot begin to describe her.
Well I finally got to do something I always wanted to.... wear a ladies' corset fully laced up. Although I will confess, I am a slow learner and will have to find time to practice to learn how to lace up the corset myself. Time has been hard to find, with me moving and going to work. But hopefully I will be able to figure it out on my own.

Karren H
05-25-2021, 12:59 PM
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.... now that song is stuck in my head! You look awesome! Ren Fest corsets are fun though the one we bought the daughter last time was over priced vs shopping at a lingerie store. Or online. But as long as you had fun that is what is important.

Micki_Finn
05-25-2021, 03:46 PM
If it wasn’t uncomfortable then it wasn’t laced tight enough lol! A properly laced and fitted corset will restrict your breathing to a degree. I’ll bet dollars to donuts you could either lace tighter, or got a size slightly too large. Remember when buying a corset the waist measurement should be 2-6” smaller than your natural waist.

Joyce Swindell
05-25-2021, 05:25 PM
I love my corsets! I bought mine on line and had to have steel boned ones. It's about time for me to replace them as they are getting pretty worn. My wife isn't strong enough to get it as tight as I want it so I figured out a system to make it happen where she helps me. Just so I can stand to wear it all day through work.

dalearden
05-25-2021, 06:25 PM
just wanted to say you look good, and I am jealous, I love gowns and that period clothing and wish I had the courage to attend a ren festival dressed!

alwayshave
05-25-2021, 07:03 PM
Rainbow, You look great. Congratulations on the corset.

Philipa Jane
05-25-2021, 10:57 PM
My second corset used to cause me some discomfort on my right side when sitting down. I put this down to it being to tight when I was leaning to the right..
It turned out some time later that I had a large tumour in my kidney. I lost the kidney to that side (it was benign)
I should have gone to the doctor earlier but was not sure how I could relay how I found the discomfort .

Kathy Leigh
05-25-2021, 11:28 PM
Hi Rainbow.

Tight corseting is the best part of crossdressing. It will give you a figure most gg will never have.

One way to tight lace easier is to put your corset on first and tighten to about 80 % of what you can get.

Then put on your makeup and doo your hair. By the time you finish that your body will have adjusted to the first tight lace and you will very easily tighten as much as you did the first time,

You can repeat this without difficulty or discomfort until the edges of your corset are about 1 inch apart.321284

Hugs,

Kathy Leigh

docrobbysherry
05-26-2021, 01:04 AM
I'm assuming the corset is the brite purple item under your vintage top, Rainbow? About 9" high?

If it's a real steel boned corset, fully tite laced? It will be hard for u to breathe at first. And, in time your ribs should begin to hurt.:doh:

If not, it may be just a corselette. If it's the rite size and u try to tite lace it all the way the eyelets may rip out!:eek:

Sherrii
05-26-2021, 07:31 AM
The more you wear it the easier it will be and the tighter you can lace it and have it still somewhat comfortable. If you can sleep in it this will help too. You may be back to see the nice corset lady before next year if you need a smaller corset after some "training". You are looking great! Sherrii

Jillcder
05-26-2021, 08:13 AM
Looking good! I remember buying my first corset at store in MPLS after the lady helping me laced me in super tight I could not believe how well it defined my waist and hips she looked at me and said you just opened Pandora?s box boy was she right!

TXSara
05-30-2021, 05:48 AM
Howdy neighbor!

We love going to Scarborough Renaissance Festival, but didn't get to go this year -- my wife and I both got COVID in early May, and that pretty much shut down our chance to make it. If only I knew we'd be getting sick, I would have pushed for us to go in April!

Looking good with the corset! I'm glad you had a great time!

~Sara

MonicaPVD
05-30-2021, 06:46 AM
What a buzz killer! Let the woman enjoy her corset. She looks great in it. Full stop.

I'm assuming the corset is the brite purple item under your vintage top, Rainbow? About 9" high?

If it's a real steel boned corset, fully tite laced? It will be hard for u to breathe at first. And, in time your ribs should begin to hurt.:doh:

If not, it may be just a corselette. If it's the rite size and u try to tite lace it all the way the eyelets may rip out!:eek:

ellbee
05-30-2021, 06:54 AM
Congrats on working up the courage to go inside the corset shop, being open & honest -- and picking one up! :thumbsup:

Yes, while perhaps not for everyone, corsets are pretty amazing & quite addictive! :GD:

I actually wore one yesterday (decent-quality underbust) for about 8 hours at home. It was already a bit broken-in/"seasoned" by then, so I laced & tied it rather tight. After a couple hours, I practically forgot I even had it on! :eek:

Anyway, definitely learn as much as you can about corsets. Plenty of YouTube videos out there. With some knowledge & practice, wearing a corset is definitely a unique & enjoyable experience! :battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
05-30-2021, 08:30 PM
What a buzz killer! Let the woman enjoy her corset. She looks great in it. Full stop.

Speaking of buzz kill? I was hoping to inform, not offend, Monica. I ripped my 1st "corset" in half the first time I tried to tite lace it. Didn't want that to happen to, Rainbow, too!:thumbsup:

AllieBellema
05-31-2021, 09:23 AM
I do love a nice corset! You look great in yours and congrats on the purchase and experience!

DianaPrince
05-31-2021, 04:59 PM
It’s a dream of mine to try a corset.

Congratulations.