PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Skirts

veronicagurl85
04-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Hey girls just wondering which skirts you all love the best? As for me in previous threads i mentioned i loved denim mini skirts. But i also love black short skirts and cute flirty summer skirts omg just love them all i guess i have to say i just love skirts period. How about u girls? which skirts do u just love wearing and ones that u want that are to die for?

JamieTG
04-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi Veronica. My favorite are short summer cotton skirts from the junior departments. Of course they don't match my chronological age but I love the teenage fashions.
Jamie

Mandy Salamander
04-04-2006, 01:49 AM
actually,,,,, my favorite skirts are always th' ones' i just purchased,,, thus, these 4 are my current faves,,,,, this week...

Delila
04-04-2006, 02:35 AM
i love almost all skirts. my favorites are usually the older fashioned knee length or longer ones.

AngelAshley
04-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Anything pleated and short... Tennis skirts, schoolgirl skirts, and of course, my Cheerleading skirt :D

Cathy J
04-04-2006, 05:31 AM
I don't own any pants (except for drab of course) and prefer just knee length or slightly longer. I like pleated but my favorite is straight, narrow and smooth front to show off the nice flat tummy I've worked so hard to get.
Don't forget the slip or half slip, too! Mmmmmm!

betty56
04-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Hi girls, I also love denim minis, and I have a couple pleated above the knee length (purple and black).I adore most all skirts, and am allways looking for more!My latest is a long very full peasant skirt,beige and teal! I love pretty skirts!;) betty xxoo

jami
04-04-2006, 06:48 AM
I love the feel of a nice leather skirt.Does anyone have the same feeling?

sweeting
04-04-2006, 07:05 AM
love all my skirts in all lengths must have a slip under them laurie

TGMarla
04-04-2006, 07:13 AM
I like a nice sensible black skirt, but I like colorful ones as well. I really like pleats. I have a nice pleated jade skirt with a fern pattern on it that is just lovely. I've always wanted a knee-length white pleated skirt.

DonnaT
04-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Surprisingly, my crushed velvet prairie skirt. Before I would have said any of my short pleated skirts.

RenaCD
04-04-2006, 08:47 AM
I love the feel of a nice leather skirt.Does anyone have the same feeling?

Oh Jami now you've gone and done it ask me about my leather skirts I dare you, Love them to death!
I have 2 in Black and 2 in Brown varying lengths and just picked a Black full length Leather Dress with a heavy zipper in the front. All are great quality from Thrift Shops for under 5dallors each, so I fear leather may be a fashion No-No at this point, but I do love them so.

Big Hugs Rena

JoAnnDallas
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
I too love a good skirt. I prefer knee length or a skort. If it has to be long, then floor length. I also like a skirt to be a little tight. Makes me walk slower and keeps my legs together better. When you walk and feel the nylons on your legs brush each other. OOOHHHH what a feeling.

bobbie anne
04-04-2006, 09:25 AM
I prefer pleated just above the knee skirts, though I do have a kilt which I like to wear.

Kathycd
04-04-2006, 09:43 AM
I enjoy the A line skirts as well as the full "swish" skirts and have one poodle skirt as well. Oh and the wrap arounds are nice too.

kathy

Bonnie D
04-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Here's my favourite skirt right now.

Bonnie

Bernice
04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
In my youth, I thought it was pleated skirts that I like. I still do, but I now realize what I really like is the fullness of the skirt itself. I love my circle skirts. They are so easy to make! I love walking in the gusty wind, and showing a little more - briefly. I also adore my very full silk skirts - like wearing nothing at all!

I, like most of you, used to prefer short hemlines. Unfortunately I shortened too many of my skirts too far, instead of just taking them up, so I can't let them back out. My favorite length is just barely above the knee (1/2 inch).

As an entirely practical matter, I have also learned to appreciate pockets. Not patch pockets or decorative ones, but rather the functional ones embedded in the side seams.

Marla: Send me your measurements and the fabric you want, and I will make you a white pleated skirt! - As soon as my brother moves out of the sewing room.

Hugs,

Bernice

dancinginthedark
04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Ladies, ladies, ladies...here I am trying very hard not to post so as not to ruin the mood for you and the more I read the more I want to join in the fun. I am stuck here out in the middle of nowhere. Between jobs and no car right now and it has been ages since I have been able to visit with any other girls or talk about something fun and you make it impossible for me to keep quiet. :D
Jaime and Rena, I love leather too. I have a nice below the knee A-line right now and I am trying like crazy to find a great mini. Love the feel and the smell of leather, don't you?
Bonnie, oh I love your skirt. Looks great by the way. Where did you find it? I want one! :cheeky:
Donna, I love a prairie skirt and velvet would feel wonderful against the legs.
I actually love any skirt simply because I get to wear hose with one. Love the way the nylon feels against my skin and the sensation of my legs brushing one another is lovely. Makes me feel so feminine and sexy inside. You can actually hear the soft swish of material. Ummm.
What kind of skirt would I die for? A hobble skirt. Definitely a hobble. Black or red in color. For anyone here who doesn't know [I find that hard to believe, but ya never know] a hobble skirt is very form fitting and comes below the knee [think 1940’s –1950’s]. Some might know it as a pencil skirt. I have seen them listed as hobble, pencil and A line. Although I don't think of it as a true A-line myself, much snugger fit. :D
Ahhhh. I feel better now that I got to get some of my femme out. I get lonely out here by myself. Thanks for letting me enjoy the feel of being around other women again and just having some fun.
(((hugs)))

Janelle Young
04-04-2006, 01:53 PM
I like any skirt that fits me. My favorites are pleated and knee length or a few inches above the knee. Now a pleated tennis skirt is fun as well sometimes.

Cutie
04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I love my mini mini mini skirts.. but also have a lovely long black skirt with a high slit....

EricaCD
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
For me, favorites fall into 3 categories:

1. Play skirts: tennis, cheerleading, schoolgirl. Pleated and short but not trashy short.

2. Leather and suede - slim fitted, above the knee.

3. Business casual type - usually relatively tight, and anywhere from above the knee to mini.

veronicagurl85
04-06-2006, 12:33 AM

Bonnie

Omg bonnie i love love love ur skirt. im so jealous cuz i want one for myself. where can i get one?

perfume
04-07-2006, 07:03 PM

Bonnie
Yes the skirt your wearing is my favorite to, I got it from suddenly fem.Is that where you got yours. i love mine it is so fun to wear, and looks good with a white blouse i have .good choice.perfume

Sally24
04-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I have to agree with Bernice, silk or light weight synthetics are the best! The first skirt I went out in public with was like that. The sun and the wind hit my legs and moved the skirt around as we left the hotel. It was like nothing else I'd felt before. Almost like wearing nothing, feeling very vulnerable, very scary, and very exciting. I like knife pleated skirts and ones with diagonal layers or ruffles on the hem. Anything to give more detail and shape.

Sabrina Flowers
04-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I like leather knee length skirts best, but also like to wear mini skirts to.

Lisa Lovelace
04-09-2006, 06:48 AM

Bonnie

Thats really pretty Bonnie, I ,d love one myself

Lauren Mitchell
04-09-2006, 04:17 PM

Bonnie
Bonnie:

I simply love that skirt!

Paula G
04-16-2006, 08:07 PM
My favorite skirt is a denim one that comes just above the knee. I have skirts in all different lengths, but overall I like the short ones best.

MsMichelle22
04-17-2006, 01:32 AM
I personally love pleated skirts

:doll: Michelle:doll:

Lilith Moon
04-17-2006, 04:48 AM
My favorite is this one
<-------------------------

susancheerleader
04-17-2006, 06:21 AM
I like denim minis or knee length. Pleated!

Deanna2
04-17-2006, 06:34 AM
I'd love to get a pleated minskirt, but at the moment my fav skirt is a plum coloured very miniskirt which I'm wearing at this moment.

Andrea Witt
04-17-2006, 09:28 AM
have not really got a fav but the shorter the better

Karren H
04-17-2006, 09:55 PM
LEATHER

Love Karren

HaleyPink2000
04-18-2006, 03:50 AM
I love peasant skirts. All kinds. Mostly I buy the ones that have layers of fabric. or diffrent layers ruffles. Also I love to wear them with femme boots with 2" heels.

RhondaLynn
04-18-2006, 04:01 AM
I love skirts. Yes, i do. I have so many, let's see: which ones do i like:

I mostly prefer wrap skirts. My second choice would be either a pleated skirt or a straight lined skirt.

I like my skirts just above the knee. I have one mini-skirt, it's ok, but i like 'em almost to the knee. That length seems just right for sitting, leg crossing, etc.

Materials: I like cotton, linen, wool, silk. A stretch nylon or polyester skirt is a nice change sometimes. Don't care for denim or leather. I don't like restrictive skirts - they have to flow with my movements. They have to be compatible w/ my half-slips, so everything slips & slides properly when I sit down, get up, etc.

Wrap skirts are nice because after work, if i'm wearing thigh-highs & panties under my work clothes, I can just drop my slacks & wrap a skirt around me, and i'm ready for the evening.

Gemma Rhodes
04-18-2006, 04:01 AM
My favourite skirt is my knee length denim one with a printed pattern on the side. Im sure most of you have seen it in my various pics.

Gemma xx

Lilith Moon
04-18-2006, 04:40 AM
LEATHER

Love Karren

Which I LOVE and which makes a girl look really HOT :thumbsup:

Sophie_A
04-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Denim mini's are my fave if im round the house or going out, but occasionally i like to dress abit smarter and a little black mini, with a white blouse, always feels good.

veronicagurl85
04-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Hey girls im so glad that u are all responding to my thread. thanks alot for all ur responses all u ladies look lovely. karen i love all ur clothes u make me so jealous hehe. wish I had ur clothes and looked as great as u. I hope to be friends with all u girls and well to chat with u as well. feel free to send me messages i will do my best to get back to u.

much love veronica

chloe_tv1
04-19-2006, 01:19 AM
mines a schoolgirls or knee length skirts

Caitlintgsd
04-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Anything with pleats. Color preference is black or denim.

Clare
04-19-2006, 02:47 AM
As i'm a conservative girl who dresses my age (ok, maybe a little younger!), I prefer above the knee skirts in general, but definately not mini skirts!

I mainly prefer straight skirts, whether in plain colours or printed/patterned styles.

For business wear such as skirtsuits, It's definately a pencil skirt whether short, mid, or long lengths!