PDA

View Full Version : I have to tell my sister.

Joyce Swindell
05-26-2021, 12:02 PM
I told my sister about Joyce over the phone about 13 or so years ago. She now lives next door to me. But I don't think she remembers the conversation as it was over the phone and there was a lot of things going on at the time.
She's over 70 now.
I think she will be ok but until it's out there... you all know what the challenges are.
I have to tell her because we are planning a trip for the family reunion in the motorhome and we can't leave her in Florida. I really don't want to be in full male mode for the entire week. It is my vacation too! It may only be a nightgown every night. Who knows but I feel I need to have a choice.

Kandi Robbins
05-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Okay, I have to ask. You are Joyce, your sister is Joyce, I'm confused!

Joyce Swindell
05-26-2021, 01:50 PM
Sorry for the confusion. No my sister isn't Joyce... just me.

Karren H
05-26-2021, 04:50 PM
Better tell her soon... before the trip. be worse if she freaks out and hops out of the motor home in transit!

Claire M
05-26-2021, 05:12 PM
Having a sibling living next door is challenging enough without a secret like gender variances ... believe me I know as my sister also lives next door!! Hopefully your sister is accepting (I'm sure mine is NOT).

SaraLin
05-27-2021, 05:31 AM
I seriously doubt that your sister has forgotten that you revealed that "secret" to her. It's kind of a biggie.

It's probably more like she's thinking "if he wants to talk about it, he'll bring it up." She's probably just respecting your privacy.

But yes, you should probably bring the subject up again. How about something simple like "Hey sis, remember way back when I told you..."
Who knows? She might like the idea of having a (new) sister!

Kandi Robbins
05-27-2021, 12:36 PM
Sorry for the confusion. No my sister isn't Joyce... just me.

Duh, I completely misread that. Forgive me my senior moment!

alwayshave
05-30-2021, 09:35 AM
Joyce, I hope your sister is accepting.