PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, I would make a great wife. *gigglesnort*

Christie Camelle
06-08-2021, 08:12 PM
So, I was talking to my amazing significant other today. We've been dating for almost 5 years now, but sadly we live about 70 miles from each other. She knows and supports me 100%. She loves both of me and "separates" this me and male me. Anyhoo, we were on the phone and she asked what I was doing. I told her I was doing laundry and getting stuff ready to cook my dinner. She said, "You would make someone such a great wife!" I could almost hear her smirk. I replied, "I might as well! You won't make me a husband!" Ten seconds of silence before we both busted out laughing. It's the little things, ya know? :)

Aka_Donna
06-08-2021, 09:49 PM
Sounds like it's time to move closer. Time is way too short. If not, when? If not, why not?

Pumped
06-08-2021, 11:28 PM
My wife told me that I must love her as I certainly don't need her around for any other reason.

I am fairly domesticated. Before I met my wife I lived on my own. I cook, and I really mean cook, just not warm up a TV dinner. I make meals from scratch. I clean house, do laundry, pretty much anything the typical housewife would do.

I recently retired, my wife is still working. I took over pretty much all the household chores as I have the time. She comes home for lunch and I whip up something, same for dinner. The other evening it was porkchops on the grill, baked potato, asparagus and a salad. one day it was a three bean hot dish, with bacon and hamburger. I have a couple racks of ribs I need to bake and broil, maybe tomorrow. I friend of mine has a couple bad steaks at different restaurants and then came over to eat at our house one evening. I bought some nice big thick sirloins and ribeyes. He laughed when he started eating and said funny how he has to come to my house to get a great steak!

During all this I am re-siding our house and replacing the windows, and sneaking off for a motorcycle ride once in a while.

Crissy 107
06-09-2021, 05:19 AM
My wife has always said she married me cause I am such a good cook. I learned from my Mom, too bad for my sisters they did not.
Christie, It may be time to move closer, you do not want to lose this lady.

Vickie_CDTV
06-09-2021, 06:12 AM
My mom used to tell me that I would make some woman a good wife (I was always domestic like my mother was, cooked and took care of the home, never had interest in what the other teenage boys did.)

Sadly, I have never been given the opportunity to make a woman a good wife. :sad:

GretchenM
06-09-2021, 07:34 AM
Your experience reminded me of a time long, long ago when I was about 12. I was preparing a cake to bake and my uncle (5 years younger than me - long story) was over and was watching me mix things together. He then said, "You might make someone a good wife someday." This is about 1957 when it happened. I was still secretly fixated on wanting to be a girl, but of course I never dressed that way - as I said, it was 1957 and boys did not do that except in very private situations. I recall thanking him and then dove into a flurry of imagining myself as a wife doing the same thing I was doing - making a cake for my family. Made me feel so good.