PDA

View Full Version : Different by Intent AND Design

Julie MA
06-09-2021, 09:58 AM
I have always known I was different than many boys and men. Less masculine, more emotional, more sensitive, and, of course, somewhat feminine. In trying to hide these aspects, I intentionally suppressed them from most people. I was proud to show that I was different in other ways. How I thought, my position on things, how I went after life. Today I realized that the "intent" on being different is actually a reflection of the difference in my "design". I was born this way and am finally accepting it more and more, and dressing has helped me with that. In so many ways I am letting the world see the real me.

Julie

Cheryl T
06-09-2021, 10:05 AM
Good for you Julie.
I too have always felt that way. I shied away from very physical sports and avoided conflicts and always felt very emotional unlike my counterparts.
The last few years I've been nearly full time and found everything has increased. I'm so emotional that at times it's unsettling. I cry at the strangest things.

docrobbysherry
06-09-2021, 11:24 AM
I was always different from other guys. But, NOT with any gender issues. I never had any doubts about being a straight male for my first 50 years!:)

After I began dressing 25 years ago, now I find I do THAT different from all the other T's, too!:eek:

GretchenM
06-10-2021, 09:11 AM
A good description of me as well, Julie. It seems to me that you have found your heart and soul and the genuine you. I feel much the same way, but before 2013 it was a battle full of shame and fear. There are signs that is still there in a few situations, but it seems that each day Gretchen gains more strength and dominance in my mixed identity. Some would say "mixed-up identity" but I do not see it that way. I am now more the real me than I have ever been. The past never made much sense to me; now I understand it so much better and am happier because of it. Trying to fit the stereotype just doesn't work for me and apparently it is the same for you.

Alice Torn
06-10-2021, 12:54 PM
I have recently realized that i am very different and a Highly Sensitive Person, all my life, and maybe that is a big reason for the compulsion to dress up. I am a blue collar get dirty male also, and value that, in spite of what the world thinks. A real man can be both a rugged individualist, and have gentle, tender side, whether a dresser or not. I have seen that some CDers were Manines, Army, Law Enforcement, construction workers, mechanics, etc.

Dutchess
06-10-2021, 03:41 PM
Thank you for saying that Alice . Its the truth .Men can be emotional and not like sports and frankly be quite elegant and lovely and yep still male . I prefer artists myself and not really rugged men .

I LOVE sports and am still active in sports especially with my racehorses and football. I was quite the little scrapper in this life and still rarely back down ,, yet I am 150% female and just extremely straight lol . I have also known I was different all of my life as well...
Being different doesn't always mean the wrong gender.

alwayshave
06-10-2021, 06:22 PM
Julie, Accepting who you are is a wonderful thing. Good on you.

Alice Torn
06-10-2021, 09:58 PM
Dutchess, I am artistic too, and love to draw, like classical music, cats, flowers, birds, but also love fishing, and fixing things, and some sports.

BLUE ORCHID
06-11-2021, 04:43 AM
Hi Julie :hugs:, That pretty much describes mt too, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

Teri Ray
06-11-2021, 07:04 AM
I used to believe I was different and way out of line with normal people. Then I found the internet and sites like this great site. Now I find that maybe my desires are at least the same as many. Thanks to all of you here.

Cheryl T
06-13-2021, 10:12 AM
this kind of sums it up...