PDA

View Full Version : Brandy Really Gets Seen - 2nd time out

Brandybea
06-16-2021, 09:40 PM
321763I thank all of you who commented on my post for my first time out in public as Brandy were correct. I just can't get enough of it. Tonight I'm in Austin Texas and took advantage of the time to go down to the hotel bar. Was a nervous as could be and started and stopped many times as I left my hotel room. But with the encouragement of another girl on this site I finally got the courage to walk out the door, take the elevator down to the very busy lobby, then after sitting in the lobby, walk over and sit at the bar. Was only there about 45 minutes, but had a nice talk with the female bartender and a great glass of cabernet, and I got a shout-out for my red heels. (Oh I struggled thinking those heels would draw too much attention.). Here is a photo of me at the bar!

Geena75
06-16-2021, 09:52 PM
Way to go! You look great! At some point did your mind click on the thought "They are looking at me because I look good"?

robyn rose
06-17-2021, 01:40 AM
You look amazing Brandy:) I can only imagine what a great feeling it must be for you and well done in overcoming your nervousness. :)

bridget thronton
06-17-2021, 02:14 AM
Well done

Lori Ann Westlake
06-17-2021, 03:05 AM
You're looking wonderful, Brandy! Congrats!

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2021, 04:43 AM
Hi BrandyBea :hugs:, You are a very lovely looking young lady, >Orchid**0:daydreaming:0**

Crissy 107
06-17-2021, 05:09 AM
Brandy, You look beautiful, good for getting out!

Teri Ray
06-17-2021, 06:16 AM
congrats on your adventure

Sandi Beech
06-17-2021, 06:21 AM
Brandy

You look great so you can go out with confidence. I started going out socially at about the same age as you but that was in 2017 and it has been very addicting. Since then I have gone out many times and it never gets old. You will be amazed at how easy it is to meet people once you get more comfortable.

I wear glasses as well but take them off when I am out clubbing just because I think it helps with my transformation and age appearance. I really only need to see up close anyhow. You will find people will think you are a lot younger. I have a blast asking people to guess my age. You should give it a try next time out. It also works as a fun ice breaker for conversation.

You just have to trust me that you can have an amazing time out there. It is great that you took the first step, but it will get even better. If you look up some of my posts, you will know what I mean, haha.

Sandi

alwayshave
06-17-2021, 06:38 AM
Brandy, Glad you got out.

suzanne
06-17-2021, 10:37 AM
Jeepers! Fantastic pic. I should think that, looking as good as you do, you should have all the confidence in the world to go out. Zero fears or anxieties. I don't look nearly as good as you and I don't hesitate. But I'm sure that in a very short time you will be able to go anywhere without thinking twice about it. Good for you!

Helen_Highwater
06-17-2021, 12:07 PM
Brandy,

You look great so no reason not to go for a drink.

Outings such as this help grow your confidence, as confidence grows you relax more and it becomes ever more natural. Being relaxed helps grow your confidence and that...... So, what's your plan? Will it be more hotel bars to start with or is shopping now on your radar? I would suggest dining enfemme in the hotel restaurant is a next good step. Takes that bit longer, you get to interact with the waiting staff and hopefully you get a good meal as well.

I would caution it's possible that, as happened to me once when dining, I got served by every member of the waiting staff. I realised they were taking turns to check me out. Didn't bother me in the slightest, we can and will sometimes attract attention but I have to add that I've never been treated badly or without the same courtesy as any other customer. In fact in many ways it works in our favour as people's curiosity allows us to engage them in conversation which is always nice to do and boosts your confidence which.......

Teresa.Smith.VA
06-17-2021, 12:50 PM
Deleted by Teresa.

KymG
06-17-2021, 02:45 PM
Great picture Brandy, well done.

Shannon michelle
06-17-2021, 03:48 PM
Austin is extremely accepting city you could have ventured beyond the hotel bar with no issues

AnotherSarah
06-17-2021, 03:48 PM
You look beautiful, you go girl!

JulieC
06-17-2021, 06:58 PM
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Now if I can only get up the courage to do anything at all like that. :/ I struggle just getting myself to wear heels in public.

docrobbysherry
06-17-2021, 07:06 PM
Looks pretty dead, Brandy?:straightface:

Maybe it's time Brandy visited a gay bar or club late one evening!:heehee:

Connie D50
06-18-2021, 05:21 AM
Very nice the hair the make up you look great.

Frannie7
06-18-2021, 07:51 AM
Congrats on getting out. You look so good, don?t hesitate on going out in the future.

Brandybea
06-18-2021, 11:55 AM
Thank you to all for the positive comments and encouragement! It is truly appreciated and definitely contributed to finally getting the courage to walk out of the hotel room door and get into the elevator. Here is a pic of me right before I stepped out. 321809

TamT
06-18-2021, 12:10 PM
Here is a pic of me right before I stepped out.
I like your outfit. Congrats!

One day I wore a similar outfit (except for the heels) to go shopping, and a saleswoman said "Too much gold" referring to my accessories. Everyday you learn something new.

Brandybea
06-18-2021, 12:38 PM
The red heels almost stopped me from going out. Prior to getting to my hotel I went to Target, Rainbow and Ross Dress for Less, looking for some low black heels or flats. Couldn?t find anything that fit that i liked. So only other option was my male tennis shoes and that was a definite no!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, from what I understand, Austin is really accepting. Next time I will go for a little walk as I was in a hotel 1 block from 6th street.321810321810

JulieC
06-18-2021, 06:04 PM
Brandybea, you look fantastic!

HarrietD
06-22-2021, 03:16 AM
Excellent. Soon you will be no longer be counting how many times you went out. You’ll just do it!

MonicaPVD
06-22-2021, 05:12 AM
I hope you learned that some people can't control their mouths or their impulses, which has absolutely nothing to do with what you were wearing.

One day I wore a similar outfit (except for the heels) to go shopping, and a saleswoman said "Too much gold" referring to my accessories. Everyday you learn something new.

CynthiaD
06-22-2021, 07:27 AM
Honey, you can do anything you want in Austin. The city motto is "Keep Austin Weird."