PDA

View Full Version : Anonymity helps

Angela Marie
06-18-2021, 05:51 AM
About 6 months ago my wife and I moved into an apartment, pending a move a year or so in the future. I had not been out in 6 months due to the pandemic. I posted a picture the other day of my first time out and it felt great. The other upside was that in my new environment I am much less stressed about dressing. When I went out dressed the other day I just walked out of the apartment passing others, with no trepidation. Now I don't do this around friends and family. But the new environment has given me a heightened sense of confidence. I feel as if Angela is coming into her own.

kimdl93
06-18-2021, 06:24 AM
Its certainly easier to be anonymous.

alwayshave
06-18-2021, 06:36 AM
Angela, Anonymity is a great confidence builder.

audreyinalbany
06-18-2021, 09:05 AM
and it's probably best to establish yourself right from the get go. For those of us who have lived in the same neighborhood for a number of years, it's a little more intimidating to go out the door dressed. But you're in a whole new environment, so you might as well go for it

Stephanie47
06-18-2021, 10:20 AM
Perhaps, when moving to a new neighborhood not having established relationships yet is the best way to go. If you lay it out in the beginning it will become a "take it or leave it" attitude. If someone does not approve, then he or she will avoid you. If it does not make any difference, then a relationship can be established. One of the problems of a secret life suddenly being let out of the bag is the potential rejection of family, friend, neighbors, co-workers, et al. Of course, the "reveal" may have a negative effect on a wife also. It is not uncommon when moving across town to keep old relationships and never establishing new relationships at the new digs.

Teresa.Smith.VA
06-18-2021, 11:45 AM
Deleted by Teresa.

frax24
06-18-2021, 01:54 PM
Anonymously mask wearing has helped when I?ve been out and about

Angela Marie
06-20-2021, 05:28 AM
As I pointed out in my original post my femme personne has increased dramatically since I moved to my new area. Although it's not far away from my previous home, I have a much less chance of running into people I know. This morning I had to buy some milk. I slipped on a pair of black leggings, a t shirt, and flats and proceeded to the convenience store near my apartment. Previously I would have made it appear that I was coming or going from the gym. This time I clearly went as Angela, albeit without makeup lol. But it is very clear that unencumbered from the angst of seeing someone I know I feel a great comfort and freedom expressing my feminine side. There are limits, of course, as to how far I will go. But it is very clear to me that Angela is much more dominant that I previously thought. Now I may run into someone at some point in time. If that happens I just have to say nothing and let them form their own conclusions. But I won't hide who I am. Done that long enough.