PDA

View Full Version : When are you NOT so interested in dressing?

Casey Morgan
04-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I met someone recently on an ALTernative friend finder site. When we met for the first time Saturday I went completely in men's clothing, top to bottom. (She doesn't have a problem with CDing, in fact her tenant is a self-proclaimed sissy maid, but I didn't want to push it.) At the moment I'm happy being in full male mode. Currently, and I stress curently, my interest in dressing is very low.

So I was wondering. When do you find your interest in dressing to be low, if you do? This is for the FTMs too.

For the GGs the question really is, when does your interest in something you enjoy wane? I'd apprectiate your input too.

Mind you, I don't feel like my low interest is any kind of a "problem" or something I'm worried about. I'm looking at starting something new and I'm excited about it. I'm just interested to hear what puts dressing (or another interest) on the back burner for people.

sharifemme
04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Shari Ann...

About the only time I don't feel like wearing femme clothing is when somebody I care about criticises me for my femme side. I know I tend to take things personally but when I get such criticism, it's like it used to be when I'd criticize myself. Before I came out of denial and admitted I was transgendered, I would think to myself that I was pretty wacked out to have femme feelings, desires and the need for femme clothing. It would be at these times that I would try to quit CDing altogether. Of course, I couldn't do it. Well I don't cause this myself anymore but if someone close to me does, the feelings come back somewhat.

Shari Eileen
(Sharifemme)

I met someone recently on an ALTernative friend finder site. When we met for the first time Saturday I went completely in men's clothing, top to bottom. (She doesn't have a problem with CDing, in fact her tenant is a self-proclaimed sissy maid, but I didn't want to push it.) At the moment I'm happy being in full male mode. Currently, and I stress curently, my interest in dressing is very low.

So I was wondering. When do you find your interest in dressing to be low, if you do? This is for the FTMs too.

For the GGs the question really is, when does your interest in something you enjoy wane? I'd apprectiate your input too.

Mind you, I don't feel like my low interest is any kind of a "problem" or something I'm worried about. I'm looking at starting something new and I'm excited about it. I'm just interested to hear what puts dressing (or another interest) on the back burner for people.

claire angie
04-04-2006, 01:47 PM
my low intrest in crossdressing was , a few years ago when i got divorsed so i dumped all my clothes etc, now i'm buying them all back slowly but now i hope all goe's well. claire xx

Amanduhrob
04-04-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm the opposite, I only dress a few times a year, and I really don't feel like dressing while playing with my Mistress.

Butterfly Bill
04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
When I am working on my car, or doing yard work, or painting.
When it is hot enough to go naked.

Deborah
04-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Usually when the kids are around or i just don't feel like it then i won't dress up. I rarely dress up much anymore just don't feel the need. I can still feel feminine with or without a dress on. ;)

Julie York
04-04-2006, 04:26 PM
When anyone feels threatened they also withdraw emotional boundaries that make them even more vulnerable. Your average CD does not want to dress when feeling nervous, angry, scared or depressed.

Reana
04-04-2006, 04:42 PM
When anyone feels threatened they also withdraw emotional boundaries that make them even more vulnerable. Your average CD does not want to dress when feeling nervous, angry, scared or depressed.

This pretty well describes when I wouldn't want to dress. I would add that not feeling well physically would be another time. Leave my comment about "physically" out of the equation and I believe the times mentioned by Julie could also relate to eating/drinking desires as well. I would be curiouis to know how many out there are just the opposite and actually might be more inclined to dress, overeat, and drink in excess when the situations Julie mentioned are present. +?

jackie
04-04-2006, 04:51 PM
hey Sheri Ann , do u think it might just be the weather ? Now thats its getting warmer in 'the great white north ' an u can get outside and do 'normal ' things Just a thought, Jackie

Julie Avery
04-04-2006, 04:57 PM

That rings a bell with me. I was hospitalized in 2002 unexpectedly, it was the first time I'd been health-helpless other than broken bones due to stupid sports tricks or the occasional refractory tonsil or appendix, and it was really traumatic. Made especially fun because sure that all would be well (i.e., no doctor visit would be required), I'd shaved quite well the day before. I didn't dress for a looooooong time after that adventure, even though I had an accepting partner at the time.

Didn't purge, though.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
04-04-2006, 05:28 PM
I actually sometimes do like to dress when I'm angry or depressed, because it can be a nice relaxer, or an ounce of escapism anyway.

I go through spurts with how often I dress anyway, sometimes not doing it for well over a month. Other times doing it every day. I do notice that when I begin dating someone new my urge to dress almost goes away, maybe my femme side is too focused on the new girl.

Lisa Marie
04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
In the springtime and summer when it is really hot I dont feel much like dressing. And when my mom is at home especially.

randi_789
04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
I usually find my interest in dressing grows when I have less things of import to focus on. When things in my life other than dressing come to the forefront and demand attention then dressing gets set aside, but definitely not forgotten.

ashlee chiffon
04-04-2006, 06:27 PM
N-E-V-E-R...

would be the operative answer to your question, luv!

Debbie Kong
04-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Whenever I'm riding my motorcycle.

http://www.mightykong.com/cdforum/kzthmb_1.jpg

At least most of the time.

Debbie

Julie Avery
04-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Hope Tina D is watching, she's a biker.

by the way.....pretty pictures :)

PennieS
04-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I prefer to dress all of the time and even when i am not. i still wear womens jeans, etc that are more of the unisex styles. No one has ever noticed that i now wear womens jeans almost whenever i am in casual mode. My own wife has not noticed any difference in the jeans either.

ericalynne
04-04-2006, 08:22 PM
When do i not want to wear feminine clothes?..in a word...NEVER...kissies ericalynne

Yes I am
04-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Sometimes I'm just too lazy to even change out of my pajamas.

jo_ann
04-04-2006, 09:51 PM
when I don't feel like cding:
* too busy
* not h0rny
* working on something that requires concentration
* wife is home (slightly less of an urge, especially since the dressing up part takes away time spent together)

when I DO feel like Cd-ing:
* stressed out
* h0rny (don't know another way to say it)
* bored
* not enough femminitiy in my life

Jennaie
04-04-2006, 11:49 PM
For many years, I used to get the "uncontrollable" urges to dress in the fall of the year and they would seem to subside as the summer approached. These days, they are with me all the time.

ReginaK
04-05-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm not interested when it's early in the morning and I feel/look like crap.

Paula T
04-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Working on my car or out in the yard doing work like that or at the races. Try kneeling on the ground in bare knees to do some stuff. (ouch):eek:

Delila
04-05-2006, 12:25 AM
I find that when I'm really depressed I tend not to want to let my Megan side show as much, Ive also found that that is the time when it makes me feel the best.

Audrey34
04-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I don't feel like dressing up when I'm depressed, tired (when the thought of shaving my face and legs seems too much like work), when I'm upset or when I really need to concentrate on something (like doing my taxes). I also hate dressing up during the summer. I love wearing pantyhose and in the summer it's too hot to wear them. And without hose my legs look AWFUL!
-Audrey

connie d
04-05-2006, 02:37 AM
i find when i donot want tio dress is because i am too tired orasimply not hoorny , otherwise i will just be me with feamale underwear:happy: ;)

Danielle
04-05-2006, 02:46 AM
When and why does it for me,if I see a hot woman in high heels which is everyday he he..love it!To not wanna do it is maybe because your tired but otherwise bring on the high heels!!!

HaleyPink2000
04-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Good Thred.

Well to let you in on my SECRET! I'm always thinking about dressing, even while asleep. Seems most of my dreams include me dressed in some fashion.
The better dreams are the ones I remember for over a few minutes when I wake up. Like whats up with that, dreams fade the longer your awake. No fair!

Hmmm? Ok, When else would I not want to dress. Hmmm? Can't think of anytime. I could tell you of times I should not dress. That list is really long.

TGMarla
04-05-2006, 06:55 AM
It's hard to say with me, and it's not real mood-specific. I just went through a three month period where my desire to dress was extremely low. But the old desires are back again, just like I knew they would be. I guess it just goes in cycles.

When I'm busy doing guy stuff, like golfing, or watching a baseball or a football game, I don't even think about it. I also do a lot of yard work, and at these times my mind is not on dressing.

Casey Morgan
04-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks for your replies everybody. I really appreciate them. Keep them coming.

Looking back at my post, it struck me that what I was looking for was validation of something that I'm really beginning to internalize. While crossdressing is part of who I am, it does not *define* me. There are days when I could write forever and days when I'm happy not launching Word. Days when I could spend hours working on a website and days when a website just sits there. Just as being an author and a webmaster do not *define* me, it should come as no surprise that outside factors play a part in how strongly I feel the need to dress. Seasonal changes, other interests coming to the forefront, various other things.

Everyone's (and I do mean *everyone's*) replies are helping me see that. So again, thank you. And keep the replies coming.

dancinginthedark
04-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I like to dress up too. I just don't get the opportunity to do it as much as I would like to. I can hear you laughing ladies and stop that snickering too. :p I meant really dressed up like out for dinner and dancing.
I am not in the mood when depressed, just too much effort is required. All that shaving for starters...
Stress makes it had to concentrate and I end up with mascara in my eye ball. :eek:
When I am changing the oil on the Jeep. Yes, I do and I have. :p Well, alright I do still wear women's shorts and a nice tee or maybe just the shorts if the weather is really hot and the kids are not around. Got stuck under there once when unexpected company arrived..."uh Hi there ____ and ____" my in-laws :eek: Naturally they wanted to chat! Lucky for me my DH took pity on me and invited them in the house for some iced tea. Whew!!
I am also more in the mood to be extra femme when I am horny or feeling just that sexy. Also if I know I am going to have some a lone time with my spouse I am more inclined to want to put more effort into my look. Hmmm guess that would still be under the horney category wouldn’t it. Ah well, now if s/he would just let go of that cute new skirt because I called it first…Hey, those are MY heels…give me those…any one else find themselves arguing over clothes or shoes with the S/O? I haven’t had this many arguments over clothes and shoes since my sister and I shared a room.

Sam-antha
04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Dressing is an on thing when I am feeling on top of the world. that means that Winter and other dark times are not times for skirts. Still that fgoes with the weather.
I look forward to the warm spring and getting out again. Of course the exceptions are those few nights visiting city places in winter.
I wonder what my dressing times would be it I lived in such a city..
and would the frequency also increase ?

Linda-x
04-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Whenever I'm riding my motorcycle.

http://www.mightykong.com/cdforum/kzthmb_1.jpg

At least most of the time.

Debbie

Me too ! Nice KZ1000 LTD, Deb. You look hot sitting on it!! I still have my 73 Z1..LOL

Sorry back to the topic. My dressing moods/desire, cycle(sorry for the pun), a fair amont. I recently had a mini dry spell, but seemed to have pulled out of it for now.:happy: I used to have more of a pattern of strong girl desires, starting in the fall, and tapering off in early summer. That has changed, and since I don't seem to have much control over it, I just go with the flow.

Diannna
04-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Personally, I believe I have the want all the time, it's just that the need isn't always in good timing. If I could, I think I would live full time after work. If I'm somewhat drepressed, I feel that dressing makes me feel better. When I'm sick, well, not much makes me feel better.

Gurly
04-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately I suffer from depression, so that pretty much puts the kibosh on my dressing from time to time. Of course, a cause of my depression could be that I don't get to dress as often as I'd like.

Teresa Amina
04-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Hot weather discourages actually dressing, but the desire is still there. I hate hot weather and summer's coming soon! Need to move somewhere that's cool all year:cool: Also, after a 10 hour day on my feet at work I just want to veg out!