PDA

View Full Version : How feminine and/or masculine are you?

Emptyeyes
07-07-2021, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but if so, I'm curious. Which part of the gender behavioral spectrum are you all in, from what percentage scale?

For myself, I would be a little more masculine, more of an androgynous/unisex in apparel, merchandise, and personality. I would say 40% feminine and 60% masculine, so I guess it's more in the middle for me. So, I guess being more neutral, this can also apply to my bisexuality. Also, the emphasis on my mood of certain days, determines how I dress, and who I am daily.

What about you?

chrism
07-07-2021, 10:32 AM
This is very difficult to quantify, as there are so many various dimensions to masculinity or femininity. As for me:
Sexuality: I am not attracted to men
Interpersonally: I am somewhat more caring than the stereotypical North American man, but (being an engineer :) ) I am also a lot more oblivious than my lady friends
Aesthetically: I value beauty more than some other men
Style and presentation: Well, since I value beauty, and I think women are beautiful, I also adopt a fairly feminine presentation because I think it's pretty.
Sport & Entertainment: I would rather go to the dentist than watch football

What'd I miss? :)

bridget thronton
07-07-2021, 10:53 AM
I think about 60% female for me

Rayleen
07-07-2021, 11:01 AM
I have feminine taught half the time, my manner are more fem.

Hard to define, I would say 50/50

Natalie5004
07-07-2021, 11:45 AM
80% male, 30% female

sara_also
07-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Well I would have to admit that I would be 20% female and 80% male. I feel very lucky to have an accepting wife. I can dress whenever life allows.

April Rose
07-07-2021, 01:58 PM
The hopeless thing is that nobody really agrees about what actually constitutes masculinity or femininity in the first place. Even psychologists and certainly politicians disagree amongst themselves. Judging by how I've been living lately I'd say I'm more feminine than masculine, but people who know me might disagree.

LilSissyStevie
07-07-2021, 03:28 PM
I'm about as feminine as Captain Shakespeare (Robert De Niro) in Stardust. "It's alright, Captain. We always knew you were a whoopsie."

candykowal
07-07-2021, 03:37 PM
I do believe how you were raised has a certain factor in determining your psychological make up.
For me, I was taught early on there is nothing wrong with accepting your feminine side.
I was coddled, pampered, taught to enjoy less macho things.
That upbringing NEVER leaves you... 80% female most days. *giggle*
The 20% male side I attribute to working in a mans world and having to know simple things all guys know.
Tools, machinery, gadgets, are lacking in my world but I continue to learn everyday. I do my best to be a husband when I have to present male.
Don't like sports, growing a beard, wrenching on cars, drinking beer and burping, getting dirty, smoking cigars, wearing frumpy clothes, or fixing things.
I love shopping for groceries, sundries, and looking nice, feeling clean.
I enjoy being a homemaker, like animals, pastel colors, pop music, candles, fruity wines and have to catch myself to not dot my "i's" with a heart when writing in cursive.
All my clothes are properly folded neatly in sashayed drawers, or hung on hangers where the seams meet, shoes placed in shoe racks.
I may be a bit OCD, in a good way.

Kimberly A.
07-07-2021, 03:42 PM
Hi, Emptyeyes. :) Well, I'd say that I'm less than 1% feminine and more than 99% masculine..... However, I've been told that I sometimes act feminine and that was before I ever started crossdressing. Pretty much only when I CD, I can at least TRY to act very feminine, but when I'm in "male mode" which is more than 99% of the time, even though I remove all of my body hair and I have more women's clothes and shoes than men's, I am very masculine.

I mean I have male genes and I have no desire to replace my genetic makeup with female hormones or genes..... I'm happy in my own skin and happy being a man who dresses like a woman. :)

Emptyeyes
07-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Hi, Emptyeyes. :)

Hello. ^_^

A nice start so far, everyone.

Judy-Somthing
07-07-2021, 07:29 PM
I'm 5' 10" and did construction for years.
Put me in a group of women and I stick out like a sore thumb.
The nice thin about my photos is there's no one besides me to compare my size.
Helps me look a little more fem.

Maid_Marion
07-07-2021, 08:56 PM
80 percent female. 20% male in that the folks at work trust me figuring out how to assemble expensive new furniture. I get to ask for help when something requires strength or muscle to get done. On second thought, maybe that ought to be 90% female.

I have a cat that loves to sit on my lap when I'm wearing a dress or skirt.

Marion

Allieboy
07-07-2021, 09:01 PM
I am 6’1” an athlete and outwardly am very “male”. I adore everything that is “feminine”particularly the lingerie and cute dresses. When underdressed, I am calmer, more sympathetic and kinder. While I sometimes fantasize about certain activities with a male, they are usually “cute” guys. It is a long spectrum

Geena75
07-07-2021, 09:19 PM
It really depends on the circumstances. If I'm mowing the yard or cutting up a tree limb, pretty much 100% male. Sitting here now in all male clothes viewing the forum, probably 80-90% male. If underdressed, more like 70%. I think that, at best, when fully dressed and made up, I feel maybe 75% feminine.

mbmeen12
07-08-2021, 02:18 AM
Well, I'd say that I'm less than 1% feminine and more than 99% masculine ditto Kim:)

When I dress 80% female, 20% male and that is only because I still have my bits and pieces.

Angela Marie
07-08-2021, 06:05 AM
That, as some have said, really depends on the circumstances. Left to my own devices I would be about 70-80% female. However I present as a male on a day to day basis. If we indulge in what most people see as feminine I clearly qualify. I am straight but I enjoy shopping, making sure the house is tidy, and I prefer the company of women.

GretchenM
07-08-2021, 07:23 AM
As April Rose says, it is a hard thing to define. The criteria are very complicated, especially when one takes into account that some women seem to behave a bit more like men but don't experience dysphoria. And some men are more feminine in the same way and with the same result. But when I consider the direct and simple question you asked I would have to say that I am somewhere between 60 to 70 percent male-like and 30 to 40 percent female-like.

I much prefer using male-like and female-like rather than masculine and feminine as the latter terms tend to generate stereotypes in my mind and the former tend to be a bit more neutral.

Emptyeyes
07-08-2021, 07:26 AM
The hopeless thing is that nobody really agrees about what actually constitutes masculinity or femininity in the first place. Even psychologists and certainly politicians disagree amongst themselves. Judging by how I've been living lately I'd say I'm more feminine than masculine, but people who know me might disagree.

I agree. Before I've created this topic, it felt a bit complicated to approach, and the insecurity of how the members here would react to this.

Ressie
07-08-2021, 08:05 AM
Giving a percentage would be too finite because my personality is ever changing. But the word 'behavioral' alludes to possible psychological problems which makes this an interesting question.

My gender expression and gender identity is usually masculine because that's how I've fit into society my entire life. But there's a feminine side also which is partly nature (hormonal) and partly nurture (childhood and adult scripts). A mixture of feelings and outside influences :)

Raychel
07-08-2021, 08:40 AM
The daily me is about 90% male and 10% female
Even when I am fully dressed, I still feel all male, just dressed the way I prefer

So confusing for me. :thinking:

Stephanie47
07-08-2021, 09:46 AM
Once again, it's the challenge to assign a certain percentage or a one word answer to a complicated question or subject. Is there a universal definition to femininity or masculinity? I'll take the bait. Not all that long ago I was stopped along side a cement mixer; waiting for the light to turn green. From the cab of the cement mixer a young woman climbed down. She was gorgeous; drop dead gorgeous. She was petite. Long hair in a pony tail. From head to toe it was steel hat and steel toed work boots, flannel shirt and jeans and safety vest. A huge smile. She was smiling at the day; not anyone in particular. A happy smile. Radiant. On what basis do I assign her a numerical value?

BTWimRobin
07-08-2021, 11:07 AM
I'm just me. Sometimes, I'm myself. Most of the times I'm.... I. Whatever gender that is.

docrobbysherry
07-08-2021, 11:43 AM
If u mean stereo typical characteristics, Empty? Then, that would tend to pertain to obvious things. I'm not extra sensitive, caring, or emotional. I'm not neat, organized, or collect cats.

There's nothing female about my mannerisms or appearance. Unless I'm dressed! Maybe u can tell me what I am?

Because all I know is I'm ME!:devil:

CrossKimmy
07-08-2021, 12:18 PM
I?d say in totality I?m like 75/25 feminine. When I?m in girl mode I am 100 percent femme. When I?m in guy mode, I still feel a part of me that?s femme.

chrism
07-08-2021, 01:40 PM
I'm just me. Sometimes, I'm myself. Most of the times I'm.... I. Whatever gender that is.

Like. :)

oh to be rachel
07-08-2021, 03:53 PM
There's an online test for gender stuff here that I've found interesting.

https://www.idrlabs.com/gender/test.php

I come out as Masculine 17% (very low) / Feminine 47% (average)
I first took this quiz in 2016 and then again this May. I'm only a point or so more masculine...

Micki_Finn
07-08-2021, 04:06 PM
How do you define ?masculine? or ?feminine? without falling into gender stereotypes?

KarenSusan
07-08-2021, 04:43 PM
I have 2 outstanding feminine characteristics: I am emotional and cry easily and I love to wear only skirts and dresses.
Otherwise, I am completely male. I don't know how to put a percentage on that.

kimdl93
07-08-2021, 07:28 PM
I am not sure how to answer?less than some, more than others?

Karren H
07-08-2021, 10:48 PM
Depends on what underwear I am wearing and how tight it is! My masculinity is inversely proportional to my bra size times my waist measurement divided by the number of garters on my girdle.

JennyMay
07-09-2021, 01:38 AM
Less feminine than I’d like to be

SaraLin
07-09-2021, 07:20 AM
I was having trouble coming up with an answer to this thread until I read about being competitive in another thread.
I think that probably defines my male/female ratio as well as anything else. I am NOT competitive, aggressive, or strive for dominance or control over others. I am more of a cooperator, helper, supporter.
Does this make me more "feminine?" Maybe. Who knows?

I just know how I feel inside - and see how at odds it is with my expected place in the outside world.

I remember somewhere a while back, I took one of those "male/female brain" tests - and I came out as a bit more female than male, but not by a wide margin. Hmph, stuck in the middle again.:idontknow:

Suzic
07-09-2021, 08:11 AM
I?m very male an often quite frustrated by this. I can talk about clothes and fabric and other feminine interests. And I feel a very deep connection to the feminine world but I look and sound so male.

BLUE ORCHID
07-09-2021, 09:20 AM
I would say 50% 50%, I enjoy the best of both worlds, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

jessicabf
07-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Fun Rachael,

I took it and got 94% fem. and 44% mas. Not sure now that works since that doesn?t equal 100% *thoughtful*

Ceera
07-09-2021, 06:13 PM
I’m most of the way through MtF medical transition, so pretty close to 100% female/feminine now.

TamT
07-09-2021, 07:41 PM
There's an online test for gender stuff here that I've found interesting.

https://www.idrlabs.com/gender/test.php

This reminded me of the COGIATI test, which I did once about 20 years ago, when my SO discovered my cross-dressing and I was unable to answer her questions.

I did this new test, knowing that it could be based on stereotypes, but just for fun.

The result was: 56% Masculine (average) and 83% Feminine (very high) :o
So, this makes me "slightly feminine", whatever that means...

DianeT
07-10-2021, 03:08 AM
I'm 100% me. These feminine/masculine scales have absolutely no relevance as far as I am concerned. Anytime you dig into the specifics nobody agrees on any definition. I don't want to criticize anyone for trying to find her/his identity, I just found that the categorization attempts in question have the unfortunate downside of quickly swimming in the most absurd stereotypes (like most of these commercial gender identity questionnaires. First question: Are you compassionate? Oh, right, like this has anything to do with my femininity or masculinity).

Bruce64
07-10-2021, 05:35 AM
I am neither Male or Female, Human

Diane426
07-10-2021, 06:45 AM
75% male while in that mode, but always thinking about women's stuff.
105% female while in that mode and not thinking anything about male stuff. I'm alot Happer in the female role.

Cheryl T
07-10-2021, 09:46 AM
This is difficult to answer as we all have different ideas of masculine/feminine.
When in drab I suppose I'm 90% male as I always have some mannerism that doesn't totally fit and when dressed I'm probably the same in the other direction as I'm sure there is something that's not completely feminine about me. But then again aren't we all a combination of both?
Mentally it would be 70% feminine in drab as I'm always thinking about being done with these chores and getting back to being me and 95% feminine when dressed as there are always these nagging thoughts about my appearance that take me down from complete immersion.

Skyla Taylor
07-11-2021, 12:34 AM
Sometimes i'm very feminine

CynthiaD
07-11-2021, 09:57 AM
When in male mode, which happens only when absolutely necessary, I’m Uber-Macho. 200% male. It’s all an act, but perversely, an act I enjoy if it doesn’t go on too long. I’m 100% female all the time. I enjoy acting ultra feminine, but most of the time I’m just a regular woman.

Sidney
07-11-2021, 09:58 AM
This topic really got me thinking. I don't have a box with a title on it so I'm not sure how to answer. The only male clothing I have left is two suits, on for weddings and one for funerals. ALL my other cloths come from the women's side of the store. I'm a pants girl, no dresses or skirts. No wig and very little makeup. The other day my wife and I were working on our motorhome in preparation of an upcoming trip. She was inside in the AC. I was dressed in womens shorts, panties, bralette and tshirt. Ninety degree humid weather and sweating big time. Doing man chores. Wife comes out to check on me and says why don't I take off my tshirt and bra to be cooler. I say and be top less, no way. I love my girly clothes BUT FOR ME it's the inner unseen feeling and that seems to be with me almost always. Sooo I suppose I'm 99% female and 1% male these days. Thinking just now I suppose maybe half my femine clothes could swing both ways, my lofers, some tennis shoes, pants and tees. I not a women but have that inner connection all the time.

Teresa.Smith.VA
07-11-2021, 11:02 AM
Deleted by Teresa. No picture to prove authenticity.

Rachel Anne
07-11-2021, 12:46 PM
About 90% female. I only present/act as male to the extent necessary.

SissieScott
07-12-2021, 06:10 AM
While society says being polite, caring, compassionate, and empathetic is considered "feminine" I view it as being HUMAN. Took the test and got 75% masculine 64% feminine "This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous." Which means I can cuss you out like a drunken sailor, and then give you a hug after! :D Physically and mentally I am masculine, but actual *feelings* can be viewed what society considers feminine.

DanielleCD
07-12-2021, 08:40 AM
I agree that it's something that is hard to quantify. I'm more masculine than feminine... I spend majority of the time in male mode. I just try to enjoy the time when I can dress in fem mode. It just soothes me to do so.

Just Dana
07-12-2021, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure how to assign a score, but I can see myself as the woman driving the cement mixer in Stephanie's post. ;) Genetically female, but not overly stereotypically feminine is where I would be, if possible.

I guess that translates to a reality of fairly feminine for someone born genetically male?

Dana

Lucy Long Legs
07-23-2021, 11:50 AM
Mentally, I am totally male. I like typical male subjects and can't get interested in lots of the things that females talk about, including clothes, fashion etc. I am only attracted to women.
So far, so straightforward.
Physically, I am very feminine. I am slender and not built like a man. I have a very pretty face and am very small down below. I can't perform as a man should. I look great in women's clothes and feel very comfortable as I'm no longer embarrassed about my lack of masculinity.
I enjoy going out as a woman but essentially I am unfulfilled.

DianeT
07-23-2021, 05:45 PM
On second thought, I will answer that one. This evening I watched the first episode of season 3 of Virgin River with my wife (yes I also do Sleepless in Seattle and You've got mail. I actually like them*). At some point the main female protagonist finds out that her lover has hired a masseuse for her birthday despite her request to spend it quietly at home with him. The guy asks her if she wants to cancel (the masseuse's car just passed the gate). The girl bites her lips and answers "No".
I told my wife: "I just realized that only us men have this super power to decline a massage offer when presented with one. No woman in the world can."
I can decline a massage offer if I'm too tired.
Ergo I'm 100% not female.
Nothing beats good old logic.

*Arrr, blew it. Back to 100% female.

Girl
07-25-2021, 03:01 AM
99.9% female.

Beverly Phillips
07-25-2021, 09:27 AM
I have been struggling with this very question for quite awhile. I love being a husband, a father, and a papa. I would not give those loves up for all the tea in China! But... on the other hand, I am obsessed with being a woman. I spend hours a day practicing voice feminization, feminine mannerisms, walking, makeup... I heard a joke right after I realized and accepted my gender-fluidity - "Do you know the difference between a crossdresser and a transsexual?... about two years!" I used to think that was hilarious, now that I'm a little over two years in... not so much! teehee... 😘

Bea_
07-25-2021, 09:46 AM
100% male with some jealousy of certain things designated as "women's".

sometimes_miss
07-25-2021, 11:34 AM
In public, 100% masculine. Working in nursing, there seems to be an automatic tendency for lots of people to just assume we're all gay, so I do my best not to support that stereotype, not to mention, that I've found that by displaying traditional masculine behavior / appearance, I tend to get more romantic interest attention from the women I work with, than when I didn't bother monitoring how I looked/behaved.
In private, maybe only 20% masculine.

Britney42
07-26-2021, 03:15 PM
Definitely more masculine.
If I interrogate the motivations of some of my "feminine" behaviours i wouldn't say they were all strictly feminine motivations.
I also have less than orthorox views of what behaviours belong in either camps. Ar one point I wanted to be a woman before i realised i just wanted to be anybody else. And then i just became happier about the whole life deal lol.

NickieWild
07-26-2021, 03:34 PM
Most of the time I would say im 80% masculine. When i get the rush though, i would say i goes to 20% masculine.