PDA

View Full Version : Outed myself....so far, so good

Xenia
07-12-2021, 12:07 AM
My wonderful, amazing unicorn of a girlfriend and I had just finished getting dolled up for our outing to a drag show at a local club last night, and as we were waiting for our Uber, I decided that the time was right.

I had her snap some pictures, chose my favorites, and posted them to my FB page without comment.

It wasn't the first time I'd posted a pic en femme, but the only previous time was a couple Halloweens ago when we went to see Rocky Horror and I got to wear a cute little French maid outfit. Definitely felt like a bit of a milestone to show folks that, yep, this is what I look like on a random Saturday in July.

And just like that, my circle of "people who know" jumped from fewer than ten to several hundred.

By coincidence, just the night before I had posted a pic of myself in a nice suit and bowtie for a fundraiser dinner I had attended (commenting that it had been the first time I'd worn a suit in about five years). I'm happy to report that my girl picture has gotten significantly more Likes than my boy picture. :-)

Gilly68
07-12-2021, 01:36 AM
Hi Xenia,

Congratulations on coming out! Posting your pics on your Facebook is such a brave thing to do, but I'm glad you've got a positive reception for them!

You do look lovely, so I'm not surprised you've got so many likes!

Congratulations again!

BLUE ORCHID
07-12-2021, 04:26 AM
Hi Xenia :hugs:, That is awesome, You are out there and there is no turning back now, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

Angela Marie
07-12-2021, 04:35 AM
You look great. Love the outfit. I'm coming out gradually. Wearing my leggings (which I usually do) along with a set of nails today.

xam
07-12-2021, 05:09 AM
What a lovely GF that are supportive, love how your makeup and outfit look. Maybe the pattern pantyhose is a bit too much for my taste.

Mermaiden
07-12-2021, 05:44 AM
Wow. That?s brave and sounds like such a relief. And nice make-up.

Sandi Beech
07-12-2021, 06:06 AM
Xenia,

I agree that is a WOW thing to do. You look great though so it will be interesting to see how everyone responds over time.

I am pretty daring myself but no where near ready to do something that bold. Good for you to be so brave.

Sandi

Stephanie47
07-12-2021, 09:16 AM
I can understand the surge in "likes." What's there not to like? The head shot is amazing. I'd rather be caught in a pretty dress than a bow tie.

KymG
07-12-2021, 11:29 AM
Great look Xenia!
I particularly like the make up.
Well done for getting out there.

TheHiddenMe
07-13-2021, 12:41 AM
Xenia,

I agree that is a WOW thing to do. You look great though so it will be interesting to see how everyone responds over time.

I am pretty daring myself but no where near ready to do something that bold. Good for you to be so brave.

Sandi

What she said 1,000 times over.

I would love to be so bold as you but I can't see that happening.

But I certainly admire the audacity of the move, and it will be interesting for you the feedback you get going forward.

DianeT
07-13-2021, 01:15 AM
The only reason I'm not doing what you did is because I closed my FB account. No, really. This is the only reason. Pretty pretty really. Really really.

(But seriously, kudos for this, you rock.)

Gi Gondin
07-13-2021, 04:46 AM
Wow! You look amazing. Beautiful makeup and outfit.
Thank you for sharing with us this moment.

You deserve our maximum respect! :daydreaming:

jazmine
07-17-2021, 06:46 AM
Omg! You look amazing! Love your look.
Using my young kid lingo to describe an attractive girl to a friend, "she's a babe!"
Hope you had a fun filled evening. :)

luuv2dress
07-18-2021, 07:49 PM
Congratulations! It?s a big step taken, now enjoy you.