PDA

View Full Version : A wise quote!

Lana Mae
07-15-2021, 05:01 PM
I was at the doctor's today! Just a routine 6 month check up! Had to go to a different office! Sign on wall read, "Let yourself Be yourself"! Not specific to CD/trans but speaks volumes! Drop the shame and guilt and let yourself be yourself! Just a thought for your consideration! Hugs Lana Mae

candykowal
07-15-2021, 05:13 PM
Good words....if one social section of society has seen and heard it all, it is our caregivers.
No other profession in the world deals with people more closely or more intimately.

AngelaYVR
07-15-2021, 06:09 PM
Very succinctly put, I like it

Micki_Finn
07-15-2021, 06:23 PM
But what if you’re an a$$hole?

AngelaYVR
07-15-2021, 06:47 PM
From what I have seen, those people have read the sign too.

Lana Mae
07-15-2021, 07:16 PM
Candy: true, very true!
Angela: So do I!
Micki: Most A--holes just need counseling like some of us! They have issues that need attended to!
Angela: Yes!
Thanks for your replies!
Hugs Lana Mae

kimdl93
07-15-2021, 08:38 PM
But what if you?re an a$$hole?

Thank goodness I wasn?t the first one to think that. Pretty sure pathological narcissists and sociopaths are very happy being themselves. its a little late, but I am hoping to be better than I have been.

BLUE ORCHID
07-15-2021, 08:45 PM
Hi Lana Mae :hugs:, Words to Live By, >Orchid***:daydreaming:***

DianeT
07-15-2021, 09:16 PM
If you are an a-hole make sure you find a therapist specialized in a-holery. General therapists may not be trained enough in some peculiar aspects of your proclivity, and recommend treatments that may in fact worsen your a-holeness and make more of your entourage miserable.

GretchenM
07-16-2021, 07:11 AM
Thanks Lana. Love it.

The more people follow this advice the more the a-holes will be marginalized. That may make them angry at first, but in time most will see the light. Therapy is probably a quicker fix but, in my experience, most a-holes will never go to a therapist because their a-holery makes them feel normal. Of course, to avoid any misunderstanding, a person who refuses therapy is not automatically an a-hole. It is more complicated than that.

docrobbysherry
07-16-2021, 11:24 AM
But, doesn't that just beg this question, Lana?

"Who the heck am I, really!?":devil:

Lana Mae
07-16-2021, 12:51 PM
Kim: Keep talking about it, I see improvement!
Orchid: yes, I wish more could see that!
Diane: They are not really themselves when acting as a--holes! If they would let themselves be themselves they would be better off!
Gretchen: I agree with what you said!
Sherry: That can be a lifetime search for some!
Thanks for your responses!
Hugs Lana Mae

April Rose
07-16-2021, 02:18 PM
Is there a branch of medicine called psychological proctology?