PDA

View Full Version : fashon bug shopping

Wendy me
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
i had to go to the city today so a stop at the fashon bug was a must ...omg tops on sale ....i picked out a few tops and brought them over to pay ...the girl asked me cash or charge .. i said charge and took out my fashon bug charge card ... the girl looked at it then at me and said we don't get a lot of guys that have a charge card for the store ... i smiled and thanked her for ringing up my things she said your wife is going to love them .. i said thay are not for my wife.... before i could say anything she added or your girlfreind ..i smiled and just said thay are for me... told her have a nice day and left with my new tops.....

ChristineRenee
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Very kewl Wendy. I just bet you'll get the royal treatment from her on your next visit!;)

GypsyKaren
04-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh you just can't beat shopping! Last week at Target I got a Hello Kitty calculator (cute!), and the girl asked if it was for me. I said it sure was, and she broke out laughing. I said in my best mock indignation voice "and just what's wrong with Hello Kitty?". She just smiled and told me to enjoy it.

Karen

suzanne claire
04-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Oh you just can't beat shopping! Last week at Target I got a Hello Kitty calculator (cute!), and the girl asked if it was for me. I said it sure was, and she broke out laughing. I said in my best mock indignation voice "and just what's wrong with Hello Kitty?". She just smiled and told me to enjoy it.

Karen
Please tell what is this calculator?:D

jackie
04-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I can see that big cheesy grin right now , lol u go getem girl Jackie

jennig
04-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi Iam so glad you did that its about time we stop telling store clearks that the things we buy are not for us and tell them its for us . maby if we all started doing that the rest of the would would know how many us are ot their
I have been shoping alot latley and have started telling it like it is with no problems. as theay say lets come out of the closet well that sounds good aneway
jennig0.02

Kathycd
04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Wendy, you hussy you, <smile> I can just see the smile on your lips as you were walking away, perhaps with a little extra spring in your step girl! I love it.

kathy

tvgirl4fun
04-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Why not simply shop in girl mode? Jaie

Joy Carter
04-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I have thoughts around the same lines only with alot more people involved. I order my under things on line from Bare Necessities, I picture someone on the line yelling "Hey Joy is ordering more pretties for himself" YUK YUK! They keep enticing me with the coupons on line what's a gurl to do ? :D :D :D :D Nice "Lay Out" though Wendy !

Kimberly
04-05-2006, 07:24 PM
i said thay are not for my wife.... before i could say anything she added or your girlfreind ..i smiled and just said thay are for me... told her have a nice day and left with my new tops.....
You have more guts than I!

I took half an hour today just to psyke myself up to go over to look at the tops in Primark today. I'm SO pleased with my purchases though. :D Black is definatly slimming... and so sexy. ;)

VeronicaMoonlit
04-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Please tell what is this calculator?:D

It is a calculator, with Hello Kitty on it. :-) Like this one:

http://store.oaktowncatalog.com/hekicawiacl.html

a better picture of it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00009LZPI/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/103-4185291-5009434?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=171280&s=toys

This is a different one:

http://www.dreamkitty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=K-FS802906&Category_Code=CALC

The ultimate source for Hello Kitty, Sanrio itself:

http://www.sanrio.com

Hello, my name is Veronica, and I'm a Sanrioette.

sharifemme
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Wendy...

I've had a Fashion Bug card for about two years now (recently upgraded to premier status) and I REALLY do spend a lot of time and money in the various Fashion Bug Stores both as Shari and as Jim. I remember one time last Christmas as I entered the store a clerk asked me if I was looking for a present for my wife. I told her probably NOT!

Shari went to the one in Elmira today and bought 4 bras, 6 pr of earrings. I looked at a denim blazer and decided not to buy it. After going to Payless Shoes and Sally Beauty, I remembered I had a $10 off coupon in the truck for FB! Back I went for the blazer! The clerks were really surprised and happy that I came back so soon. And I've never had a problem in asking to use the dressing rooms either!

OPPS! Now I've got a Sally's beauty Club card, too!

Sharifemme

i had to go to the city today so a stop at the fashon bug was a must ...omg tops on sale ....i picked out a few tops and brought them over to pay ...the girl asked me cash or charge .. i said charge and took out my fashon bug charge card ... the girl looked at it then at me and said we don't get a lot of guys that have a charge card for the store ... i smiled and thanked her for ringing up my things she said your wife is going to love them .. i said thay are not for my wife.... before i could say anything she added or your girlfreind ..i smiled and just said thay are for me... told her have a nice day and left with my new tops.....

Holly
04-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Love the Bug! I have my own Fashion Bug Premier CC as well. All the girls at the local store know me and make sure that I know about all the sales that are in the works. And trying things on has never been a problem :) .

Patty
04-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Way to go Wendy
I went to the mall today to look. Never been able todo it without buying something.Today was the same. I have gotten more at easy with saying its for me. Had a good time with a girl at a makeup counter today.

Lily Lyn
04-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi, I'm a newby. S/O and I love ebay. She has spent hours shopping for things. most days when I come home there is a new package, some for her and some for me. Just be careful and check those sizes.
Gunforhire

Denise01
04-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Way to go Wendy:

While we do not have a fashion bug in Canada, I have been in them in the States, and was treated very well.
I am a bit of a shopaholic. To-night just to have a change, i got fully dressed and was wearing a skirt and Jacket I got from Eddition-Elle here in Ontario. Only a minuet or two after i went into the store, i was greeted by one of he sales girls who very kindly mentioned that the skirt and jacket came from their store ( which they did ).
I was looking for a dress for a funcition i am going to the end of April, but the only one they had i liked was a bit long for me. Looking around I found a denim skirt i fell in love with and bought. I have been in this store several times, and have always been treated like any other lady shopping, and if I see an outfit i like, they always ask if I would like to try it on.
I have found, be courteous to them, and they will recriprocate. If any of the sales girls do realize I am TG they sure do not show it

Denise:)

Jenna1561
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Must be a Fashion Bug Day!

I too went to the local Fashion Bug as Jenna today. I've been in there as Jenna several times, but never purchased anything as Jenna (have bought lots as my drab self).

I saw a wonderful green paisley tunic in the display window, but alas, they didn't have it in my size.

I looked around alot and found two lovely tops: one a pretty peach crinkle type top and a lovely rose print on an off-white background tunic with a diagonal cut hem.

The clerk asked if I'd like to use the fitting room, but I declined. I didn't know if it was appropriate to use the fitting room when the clerks thought I was a GG.

I've used the fitting rooms at Wal Mart as Jenna, but they're unisex. I've not used a ladies fitting room as Jenna. Is it appropriate to do so, when the clerks think I'm a GG?

I also bought a cute white knit handbag for spring.

The clerks at Fashion Bug and the Dollar Tree store (I bought some bobby pins and a key chain there) all treated me as just another woman - Woo Hoo.

A great day!

Love

Jenna

tvgirl4fun
04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
If the clerks ask if you want to try something on, then it's appropriate. Jaie

cutieamy06
04-13-2006, 05:16 PM

I really admire that. For a lot of CD's it's hard and embarrassing sometimes. But that's what you have to do. NEVER be ashamed!

Wendy me
04-13-2006, 05:21 PM
well once again i found my selfe in the fashon bug with a sale wicked good deals buy on item and get a nouther for $1.00 yes buy one item and get a nouther for $1.00 so what did i get 4 tops and 4 more for a dollar each , and 1 pair or strappy heels and one more pair of heels for $1.00.....wicked cool....:happy: :p :D

Ann lee
04-13-2006, 09:17 PM
That was so sweet hun, keep it up gives all more confidence!!! i just barely was talking about the fashion bug today with a lady friend of mine, I wanted to go but she said no caue she alwasy buys so much and were didn't have enough time, so many i'l just step in there this weekend? But i have been at a Ross's and was gettign ready to try on some jeans and the lady at the dressign rooms gave me this look, i just smiled and went in, came back out and showed my friend, i loved it i got a couple of complements from some of gg's there tryin theres on to, so i was in seven's heaven.

Anna Lee

LauraKCD
04-14-2006, 07:48 AM
I shop at Fashion Bug all the time. They know that I'm a CD and treat me great everytime I go there.:)

Penny
04-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi Wendy, nothing like being honest. I actually have done the same thing on more than one occasion. When the salespeople don't believe me, I prove it.
I go back as the pretty me! All believe me then but some still can't believe
their eyes. (lol) No guts, no glory!

Tiffy
04-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Wendy, you go girl. My wife and I both love fashion bug. But they are few and far between down here. So, when we make a trip back home then we make sure we stop at the one back home and clean them out. And you already know I think you are a little off and have a lot more guts than I. Keep it up sister as you are an inspiration.:happy:

Kisses, April Marie

Rikki3X
04-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a local Fashion Bug Plus that I go to quite frequently. On my last excursion I wore knee high 3" heel boots, black gaucho pants (Lane Bryant lace thong underneat), and a tight dark grey sleeveless turtleneck sweater (with a 44C bra and adhesive forms). A light jacket hid the boobs a bit but not oto much. No makeup, no wig, still with the beard and mustache. A guy from the neck up and what I really feel from the neck down. Had a ball. Sales lady was showing me all the new spring outfits and a few customers asked some nice questions about my "wearing" and asked if I would even come out of the dressing room to "show" a few things. I DI IT !!!!!! WHAT A BLAST !!! Comments were nice (even from one ladies husband -- I think he also may the CD type) . I ended up buying this to die for new slinky black gaucho pant set with matching long blouse and a belted knee lenght dress !!! WAO !!!!!

jackie
04-14-2006, 03:13 PM
with a bigger smile on her face now!!!!!!!!!!