PDA

View Full Version : Leggings

Jennifer956
09-27-2021, 10:39 PM
For the first time today I was brave enough to hit the gym with leggings of course shorts over the leggings and a nice Victoria secret thong under the leggings it was so awsome and a cute bra under my Hoodie any one else wear leggings to the gym?

susanmichelle
09-27-2021, 10:42 PM
I do every time I go

Annajose
09-28-2021, 06:02 AM
I do it all the time, no shorts. So far no stares and no issues.

Paulie Birmingham
09-28-2021, 07:19 AM
sometimes.

So does the rock.

*ROXY*
09-28-2021, 09:30 AM
I've got 8 pairs now, everything from pink to rainbow, polka dot to red snakeskin effect. Paired with a simple vest and go spinning 3 times a week. The class is 99% women. I don't wear thongs as I don't want to create an unsightly bulge.

Billie
09-28-2021, 12:21 PM
I was going to the gym daily in leggings and all women's clothes, with a women's jacket. As it got warmer I stopped with the jacket and all was good, till I wasn't able to go for the summer. I did it once last week, without the jacket as it's still in the upper 80's. It felt great, but self-conscious starting back up.

Have fun!

Angela Marie
09-28-2021, 12:32 PM
Have about 50 pairs of leggings, all colors and patters. I wear them to the gy all the time.

Taylor186
09-28-2021, 02:09 PM
Black leggings, without shorts, are my everyday gym wear, with a t-shirt on top. After five years, all the other gym-rats are used to it.

Donna St. Marten
09-28-2021, 07:46 PM
Loose the shorts over the leggings. I mean it.

Staci
09-28-2021, 08:40 PM
I have not worn them to the gym but I have three pair of black leggings that look like leather. I love them.

Jennifer956
09-28-2021, 09:31 PM
Oh my I guess I was the only one missing out I kinda have to wear shorts sense I only bought one pair so far and didn't realize they are see through and I wear a thing but still don't want too cause unwanted attention where do you ladies get your leggings from?

Sandra_Dodds
09-29-2021, 01:50 AM
I wore 70D footless tights under shorts recently on a morning walk when it was cold and that was enjoyable. Not confident enough to wear them to the gym.

Larissa Cassandra
09-29-2021, 02:12 AM
I wore plain black leggings (no shorts over them) to the grocery store once a few months ago and got a couple of "looks." I know that shouldn't have bothered me, but it only makes me more concerned about going out in the future in even more femme outfits. But I have several other pairs of various colors and patterns, which I enjoy while relaxing at home.

Marissa Q
09-29-2021, 10:50 AM
I think this thread is subconsciously affecting me. I ended up buying two pairs of leggings yesterday that are perfect for working out.

Brenda Freeman
09-29-2021, 12:40 PM
I have worn capri leggings and full length leggings to some exercise classes mostly women in the class no shorts and no issues

Angela Marie
09-29-2021, 04:13 PM
As an addendum to my previous comment; I also wear denim leggings on a daily basis. I’m sure there are people at my gym and the general public that look askance at wearing workout and/or denim leggings. But the more I wore them the more comfortable I became. Honestly most people simply don?t care.

Brenn
09-29-2021, 04:21 PM
I don't belong to a gym, but wear leggings to work out all the time, including walks and runs around the neighborhood. Loose the shorts; if you are concerned about the bulge showing, wear a longer t-shirt (that is what I do).

docrobbysherry
09-29-2021, 07:37 PM
"Go to the gym!?":eek:

Taylor186
09-30-2021, 02:08 PM
"Go to the gym!?":eek:

Based on Sherry's many prior posts I'm pretty sure she gets more exercise on the dance floor in stilettos than I ever get using the gym treadmill wearing leggings. She looks better too.

Rachelakld
10-02-2021, 12:19 AM
I also tried a wig, but that was just too hot.
6 months after my membership expired, my gym instructor became a client of my company so we had a nice catchup of gossip.

Snide_lobster
10-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Leggings aren't something I've ventured out too yet. What brands/types would you guys recommend, or just start out cheap at first?

Darla
10-04-2021, 11:34 AM
I've found new joy in not having to wear a dress to feel feminine, but really getting into what I think a lot of women during Covid have done - wear leggings pretty much most days. I had a few cheaper pairs (Danskin, Zella) but recently started buying Lululemon ones (off FB and eBay - they're expensive!). I'm totally in love - I can see why the ladies are gaga over them. Good quality and you feel really confident and feminine with the styles and patterns.
For at home I have some really girly prints and styles that I don't venture out outside in, but the neutrals - blacks, greys and earth tones - tend to not attract any negative attention. You're just out there getting exercise and it's no ones business what you're wearing as you run/bike by. Plus tights are more supportive and pleasant to work out in.
Check out this article about wearing Lulus as a guy - I think its implied that theres some stigma that we're over here, but its a good guide nonetheless.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lululemon/comments/f63284/a_guide_to_womens_lululemon_leggings_for_men/

Oh - and I think a lot of looks we may get are around how revealing leggings can be as a guy. I just tuck and wear a supportive thong to keep it smooth and less noticeable!

ellbee
10-04-2021, 12:49 PM
I'm definitely not a gym person, LOL. One reason being, I already get a heck of a work-out from my job, basically getting paid to exercise. :thumbsup:

But sometimes I'll go for walks while wearing leggings in guy-mode. Typically I'll wear styles/prints that are more bold & girly during those occasions, versus when I'm out & about doing non-exercise type things... Just makes more sense. ;)

Anyway, I get the shorts-over-leggings thing. But IMO? Man up -- and do without the shorts.

I really don't care if my butt gets shown off, as it is a pretty nice one! :p

Yes, the "male frontal area" can be a concern, of course, perhaps even being the tipping-point between being socially "acceptable" or not. In which case? You can try a number of things to help minimize that concern. A huge factor is wearing leggings that have more of a compression-type fabric. Usually they're a bit more expensive, but oh-so worth it in various ways. :battingeyelashes:

Just a couple quick replies...

It felt great, but self-conscious starting back up.

I hear you on that. I tend to ditch the leggings during the summer, as well. But now that the cooler weather is making its way? Leggings season for the next 9 months! :GD:

Yes, it can be a bit tough to get over that whole self-conscious thing at first. Happens every year. But really, it's like riding a bike. So, hop on up -- and simply start pedaling again.

I wore plain black leggings (no shorts over them) to the grocery store once a few months ago and got a couple of "looks."

Yep, some people are gonna look sometimes. Nature of the beast, with leggings. Doesn't matter if you're a GG or otherwise... People are gonna look!

It's like, whatever. Don't turn it into a big deal in your head -- and others won't, either. :)