PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies because of CDing?

CharlotteCD
10-07-2021, 04:12 PM
Have you taken up any hobbies because of crossdressing/being trans?

My wife is really into her yoga, and was pretty amazing at it before she was pregnant. She spends a lot of time in leggings and yoga pants because of this, and I won't lie - I get incredibly jealous!

I've actually bought myself a sports bra, vest and yoga leggings purely to start doing yoga and enjoying some femme time.

Anybody else had similar things happen?

Kris Burton
10-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Well not sure if this counts as a hobby but I have been doing more pilates to help tone my core, thighs and ass lol.

Right with you Rebecca...especially toning the core.makes the form fitting clothes look so much better. I would like to achieve the look that athletic women have...muscles are good!

alwayshave
10-07-2021, 07:42 PM
I do yoga every day in an attempt to develop my core.

Crissy 107
10-07-2021, 09:37 PM
I love taking a cycling class with the girls

Alana Westenra
10-08-2021, 03:31 AM
I've been producing EDM tunes for a few years now, whereas I'm usually a Metal producer. Writing music in Alana mode is a really refreshing and creative exercise; it's less like 'stepping out of my comfort zone', and more like stripping off one comfort zone, and slipping into another one.

Also, my whole leg/posterior chain routine is way better now since I started sculpting lady legs.

I'm definitely going get myself a yoga outfit now, reading all of your posts!

~AW

XemmaX
10-08-2021, 03:38 AM
learning how to sew as i figured it could be a useful one.

MonicaPVD
10-08-2021, 02:30 PM
One one hobby has developed as a result: dating men. 🙄

Kimberly A.
10-08-2021, 03:25 PM
Charlotte, I can't say that I've taken up any hobbies because of CD'ing..... CD'ing IS my hobby! LOL

jessica33
10-08-2021, 03:34 PM
One one hobby has developed as a result: dating men. ��

Does your wife knows about your hobby .

Maid_Marion
10-08-2021, 07:40 PM
I learned to sew before I learned how well women's clothes fit me. Now I just buy clothes that fit!
The skill comes in handy. I accidentally tore my blouse but was able to rip a seam and resew it.

So now buying clothes is my hobby! I'm really good at buying stuff on sale and taking advantage of discount programs.

I've been buying nice clothes for golfing. With the colder weather coming I just got some women's golf pants. They have pockets to hold all the stuff you need while you are out on the golf course.

Marion

fly2188
10-09-2021, 03:15 AM
I've actually bought myself a sports bra, vest and yoga leggings purely to start doing yoga and enjoying some femme time.

Anybody else had similar things happen?

I was already doing yoga in male-mode, but as I?ve beomce more comfortable cross dressing I?ve found that it?s much more fun to do it in a cute top and leggings.

MonicaPVD
10-09-2021, 05:14 AM
Does your wife knows about your hobby .

Pretty confident that she does not.

SaraLin
10-09-2021, 05:42 AM
Before my eyes got too bad, I was doing cross-stitch.
For example, I did a guardian angel holding a baby that I gave to a new mother, and I have a beautiful dragon curled around a castle that hangs on my office wall.

These days I read a lot - and it seems that most of my more recent books have all been by women authors. Coincidence? maybe. Maybe not.

Angela Marie
10-09-2021, 05:50 AM
I have been a lifelong exerciser. A number of years ago, when leggings first arrived on the scene, I began wearing them to the gym. I wear all types, patterns, and colors. And wear them outside running as well. And I much prefer taking classes with women. Much less competitive and more supportive.

docrobbysherry
10-09-2021, 12:54 PM
I do not consider yoga a hobby or to be a feminine past time. :straightface:

I began yoga 50+ years ago in my 20's. I found the stretches and exercizes I learned then helped my flexibility all my life. And, altho I do similar ones daily? I don't think of my exercizes as a female activity. I do it for my health as both a man and CD!:thumbsup:

I dress up as a maid. But, that doesn't suddenly make me want to do housework!:doh:
Why would dressing in fem clothing make u want to do yoga, unless it's for your health, too?:heehee:

DianeT
10-09-2021, 01:18 PM
Watching Supergirl on Netflix. When I'm alone I try to watch shows that my wife doesn't like (my wife returns the favor too) so things we both like, we watch together. I love old Calista Flockhart, she's really the highlight of this show amidst a pretty dull casting of boring actors (do I love Supergirl in black pantyhose? No! It's a silly outfit for a superheroine!!! Get real!).

Stephanie47
10-09-2021, 11:05 PM
Maybe I try to cultivate or stimulate my male side by building military models???? :)

Sometimes Steffi
10-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Diane T

I assume that you know that Nicole Maines is one of us.

DianeT
10-10-2021, 08:32 AM
@Stephanie Ok she debuts in season 4. So far I only watched 7 episodes of season 1... I'll be there when I'm 80 probably...

Geena75
10-10-2021, 08:31 PM
For me, it has probably been writing. I have dabbled in writing for years, but nothing over 20 pages. In the past year, I ventured into the Alec and Amy series and have turned out almost 200 pages. I still consider it as practice / exercise for other writing I want to do, but I have been enjoying it.

Connie D50
10-11-2021, 07:11 AM
My wife and I do yoga that was one if not the only good thing about the shut down. Yoga went zoom so I get do dress "en femme" 3 to 4 times a week and do yoga :)

Bobbi46
10-11-2021, 09:12 AM
My GF is a very capable sewer and she has shown me some amazing pieces of cross stitch, I coild appreciate the work involved and got started on it and my GF helped me begin, no I am well into it and find it such a relaxing hobby to have. I do?nt thing nbeing trans makes one sew but being CD + I think one has a greater appreciatio?n of pastimes usually attached to women only

Jane G
10-11-2021, 09:49 AM
Bit of a sewing thread developing. Yes I do all the sewing in our house, though I learnt to sew because I used to repair my tyres for cycling and my wet suits for surfing. Or was it that I used to need to repair my sparse female wardrobe. Either way, if there is sewing needed it comes my way. :heehee:

sybercom11
11-04-2021, 12:54 PM
I love to cook and bake for my supportive wife.

Kitty Sue
11-04-2021, 01:18 PM
I took up cycling in part to lose weight for dressing. That was before I got married though. These days I have to decide whether I want to spend money on women's clothes or my other interests. I have not bought any clothes since being married.

Jessica Secret
11-04-2021, 03:05 PM
Yoga & pilates to tone myself and improve my lingerie figure for both myself, and my boyfriend. :battingeyelashes:

kellyanne
11-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Dancing.

Dancing en femme for 35 years - its great low cardio and its always nice to listen to great tunes.

abby054
11-05-2021, 10:15 PM
I took up gardening as a hobby to distract myself from CDing. It worked.

At age 25, my CDing was getting out of hand. So I took up gardening. I was clueless when I started gardening. Really clueless. But I read books and figured it out. I was clueless when I started CDing. Hilariously clueless. But I read up on how to do it. Now, forty years later, I have a reputation for competence at both. I win awards at garden shows. I blend in when attending concerts and theatre shows. See. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?260505-Oktoberfest-photos&highlight=Oktoberfest And most of the time, I have a balance of sorts with each in my life.

Jane G
11-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Dancing.

Dancing en femme for 35 years - its great low cardio and its always nice to listen to great tunes.

Reminded me I used to do a weekly cardio dance class, that was all GG'S except for me. In Drab though. I love to dance while dressed, it's one thing I almost always find time for in my week.

Brandi17
11-08-2021, 11:31 PM
I would say the biggest hobby that CDing has made me enjoy when doing it is: Going out for walks/jogs. I am not much of a big exercise person when I am in normal male mode, but going out for a walk, jog or run at my favorite local running/biking trail has become one of my favorite activities to do while dressed, and honestly even why I dress at all sometimes. It is a win win for me, I can crossdress, get exercise, as well as sort of be out in a public place dressed and not have to really interact with anyone (aka low risk of being 'caught' by anyone I might know). It has become a hobby I enjoy so much while dressed, that I have even registered as Brandi to take part in a 5k race next Summer, which I plan to do in full female mode and that I plan to train weekly for in female mode.

Last 2 summers I also did other things dressed like grocery shopping, gone to the beach once (that was fun but also hands down the most riskiest) among other stuff. I find everything is a lot more enjoyable while dressed basically.

Shiny
11-09-2021, 06:23 AM
I thought cross dressing was my "hobby." Or at least one of them.?

Kris Burton
11-15-2021, 10:33 PM
I have a brand new one developing as a direct result of CDing and participating in this group - photography. I just posted my first pictures to the group. It was such fun to do, not just the modeling of the outfit I chose to wear but.,the preparation for the pictures - lighting concerns, selecting the best shots, cropping and other treatments of the selected pictures...all aspects a blast. Planning and looking forward to the next one, and thinking about themes for photo sessions beyond that. I'm going to try to learn as much as I can for these sessions, and to be able to combine this new interest with CD,,,what a combo.

MarinaTwelve200
11-15-2021, 11:02 PM
I have a HOBBY of photographing myself in DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT looks or characters---a fun CHALLENGE to me.