PDA

View Full Version : Tights VS. Hose

Leggy Ashley
04-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Whats the difference in the two and which should i wear. Is one more appropriate at a certain time more than the other...... HELP Please:D :D :D

Kisses,
Delighla

Yes I am
04-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Tights are thicker and more opaque. You should wear whatever you feel like wearing.

Butterfly Bill
04-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Tights (pantyhose) and stockings are both members of the more general class named hose (or hosiery). Tights cover the hips, crotch, and behind, and are one unit. Stockings end on the thigh, and come in pairs.

Stockings should be worn with skirts that come to the knee or below. Only tights should be worn with mini-skirts. Otherwise, it is a matter of personal comfort.

Teresa Amina
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Watch out for White!:D Seems not to be in favor for stepping outside in.

Yes I am
04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
White tights are generally worn by little girls, but some guys like that look.

Leggy Ashley
04-05-2006, 09:13 PM
lookin at my legs, what do you think for me???

Yes I am
04-05-2006, 09:34 PM
It depends on what outfit and shoes you'll be wearing.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-05-2006, 10:52 PM
It depends on what outfit and shoes you'll be wearing.

Exactly. Hose are an accessory. :-) They should (in most cases) coordinate with your outfit's basic style and feeling.

Veronica

Clare
04-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Tights are thicker and more opaque.
Tights (pantyhose) and stockings are both members of the more general class named hose (or hosiery). Tights cover the hips, crotch, and behind, and are one unit. Stockings end on the thigh, and come in pairs.Some international confusion here? From an aussie point of view:

Tights are usually the warmer type of hosiery and yes they are thicker and opaque generally.

Pantyhose are usually made of a sheer, thin fabric, and are full length from toe to waist.

Stockings are also made of a sheer, thin fabric, but are only leg length and end at the thigh. They are usually attached to garters.

ronni
04-06-2006, 05:36 AM
I think stockings are more lady-like, but tights can cover and shape your form better, and you can buy sheer lightweight tights that look and feel very nice too if you don't want to wear garters, but garters are more fun

Nicole Lee
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I personally prefer tights because they are thicker, and therefore stronger than the run the mill 100% nylon pantyhose. :)

Marla S
04-06-2006, 08:58 AM
I think it depends on your style and season. In winter thights are ok and you have to worry less about hairs. If it gets warmer I change to pentyhose.
Black pentyhose or stockings can be a bit tricky if you have very masculine legs and wear a short skirt. The shadowing will accentuate the masculine shape (fishnet is even worse). I'd choose 40 DEN sheer in this case or lighter ones.
Pure cold black also can give a kind of "pink-red" shine on pale skin. In this case a black with a touch of brown might be better.

Yes I am
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Men generally have shaplier legs than women do, I love the way fishnets look on me.

MsJanessa
04-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Thigh highs for Me---love the look and also love the freedom that you just can't get with panty hose

Julia Cross
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Clare, I think your description sums it up perfectly.

J

angela_sass_uk
04-07-2006, 03:08 PM
tights for normal day, stockings for the bedroom. Very simple rule in my book :)

wendy
04-08-2006, 04:15 PM
my preference is tights, I find they last longer. It doesn't take me long to ruin a good pair of hose.:D