PDA

View Full Version : Shockingly accurate fortune cookie lol!

Elizabeth G
11-15-2021, 10:07 AM
Hi All,

Nothing serious here, just a Monday morning fluff post. My wife and I got some takeout Chinese over the weekend. My fortune was "What you see in the mirror, and what you are can be two different images".

If they only knew:laughing:

DianeT
11-15-2021, 11:50 AM
These cookies' tags are carefully designed for each customer after a 6-month investigation by a staff of a dozen seasoned PIs, who then write a couple thousands scenarios that are entered in a Big Data supercomputer that weighs the odds and selects the most probable one. That is why they are always spot on. It is only one of the many products made by a company that went bankrupt 10,272 times and is funded each time by a round from a small club of billionaires of ridiculous wealth and no taste for owning Picassos or Ferraris, who chose to put all their money into something that they know will bring simple joys to people on non-extraordinary (a.k.a. ordinary) occasions. If only we knew :)

candykowal
11-15-2021, 12:11 PM
Some of those are so ambiguous that they could apply to many scenarios.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

They who asks is a fool for five minutes, but they who does not ask, remains a fool forever.

...and there sure are some funny and interesting ones too, check out the link, Interesting Fortune Cookies!

(https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-fortune-cookie-messages/)

Jane G
11-15-2021, 02:03 PM
These cookies' tags are carefully designed for each customer after a 6-month investigation by a staff of a dozen seasoned PIs, who then write a couple thousands scenarios that are entered in a Big Data supercomputer that weighs the odds and selects the most probable one. That is why they are always spot on. It is only one of the many products made by a company that went bankrupt 10,272 times and is funded each time by a round from a small club of billionaires of ridiculous wealth and no taste for owning Picassos or Ferraris, who chose to put all their money into something that they know will bring simple joys to people on non-extraordinary (a.k.a. ordinary) occasions. If only we knew :)

:eek: Have you been drinking?:heehee: Please save one for me.

docrobbysherry
11-15-2021, 02:13 PM
If u listen to fortune cookies? You'll LOVE astrology!:devil:

Misty_cder
11-15-2021, 02:52 PM
The best fortune saying my wife and I got was “The bouncing ball will bounce”.

CamilleH
11-15-2021, 05:04 PM
You joke, but I had a friend growing up that made his own professional looking fortune cookies and would tailor each fortune to the person. The first time you ate Chinese food at his house was mind blowing to say the least, and we were always excited when fresh meat got their first custom fortune cookie. Everyone would read their fortunes and the newbie would listen in awe at how accurate they were. They were just non-specific enough to make you think that they were accidental, but they were still way more specific than any random cookie could ever be.

Camille

melissalynn
11-15-2021, 05:54 PM
I once got a fortune at a restaurant which said "this is a good place, youshould come here again."

alwayshave
11-15-2021, 07:08 PM
Elizabeth, I'm glad you got an accurate fortune cookie.

GretchenM
11-16-2021, 08:22 AM
Thank you Diane. I was wondering how these fortune cookies can be so accurate. Now it makes perfect sense. No doubt you found that somewhere on the Internet which of course is almost always correct in matters of such great importance. Einstein once said, "There is no such thing as a coincidence" or something like that. Or maybe it wasn't that and it wasn't him. I can't remember, but it is good to know the truth.