PDA

View Full Version : Aren't folks nice

Helen_Highwater
11-16-2021, 12:27 PM
Doing the out and aboutery thing today I decided to have a nice lunch at a small country hotel/pub.

Walked in and the usual sign, "Please wait to be seated". Here in Wales some covid restrictions are still in place and despite 4 empty tables within immediate sight the waitress asking if I'd booked, which I hadn't, um'ed for a moment but then said, "Doesn't matter, take that table there if that suits you".

People in small groups then followed me in, two's, four's, those with no booking turned away or told there was a 30 minute wait. Being sat at a table for four I offered, should a smaller table be free, I'd be happy to move but I was told I was fine.

Starter, pigs in blankets with Yorkshire pudding and gravy, main; grilled sea bass with saut? potatoes. All very nice.

Time to pay the bill so a tip was naturally added and then before leaving, and this is the whole point of this tale, I asked where are toilets please?

"Passed the bar, turn left", and she could have left it there but continued "ladies first door on your right". That warmed my heart.

It's those little kindnesses, those acknowledgements of how we hope to be treated that can make your day.

Vikky
11-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Hi Helen
It sounds like an nice affirming story. Well done. I like Wales.
Vikky

Bobbi46
11-16-2021, 04:12 PM
Helen, What can I say other than "you absolutely nailed it"

RADER
11-16-2021, 04:27 PM
That was a perfect day to remember.

candykowal
11-16-2021, 04:31 PM
Pigs in the Blanket AND Seabass, blimey, Bobs your Uncle!!!!... *giggle*
You blighty birds sure have a one off way to have lunch, sounds like it was Aces!
Oh don't mind me, I'm just a nutter and having fun with a little Old English slang....
As your experience really reminds me of visitng Portsmith back in the day.
So glad you had a nice lunch....and thanks for sharing, sounds like your enjoying your trip!

alwayshave
11-16-2021, 07:12 PM
Helen, that's wonderful.

Patty_cd
11-17-2021, 03:10 AM
Little story ; big emotion.
That's how life can be so sweet sometimes.

docrobbysherry
11-17-2021, 02:05 PM
You're "special", Helen!:thumbsup:

Rachelakld
11-18-2021, 04:26 AM
I'd settle for Yorkshire pudding with gravy and a scoop of mushy peas (okay, extra nice with chips) not sure why your in Wales, as the saying goes "If it's not in Yorkshire, it's not worth visiting"

Glad you had a nice outing

Helen_Highwater
11-18-2021, 08:13 AM
Rachel,

Helen's 7 day 24/7 enfemme holiday is what brings me to North Wales. A different adventure every day.

Thing is, I now realise I've done this that much that I'm now totally relaxed in being out and about and it's become my alternative normal.

Head up, walk with confidence and sally forth.

Hey, that's a good name for someone joining here, Sally Forth!

Sandi Beech
11-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Helen,

I sounds as if you are having a lovely time on holiday. You have certainly attained that confidence level so many dressers can only imagine.

I am kind of curious though. I was thinking you are not out to family, so how do you pull off going on a holiday for a week? That?s a trick I need to learn ; )

Sandi