PDA

View Full Version : Think about a salon waxing

pattysues
04-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I want to get from my upper thighs to my feet done. Any idea of cost? Anything I should ask when calling a salon? If the bugget was a little bit better I'd like to get my chest and back done. I been shaving my legs for a few years now, and no one really ever says anything about it. So, why stop. It's that two or three days later that the fine stubble starts coming into play, and my wife doesn't like it when I'm snuggled up close and it's poking her. I've done the Nair gig a few times and it has worked well, but to much work and time doing it myself. The idea of laying there and having to do nothing and having a nice women do the waxing for me sounds like great deal.

Michelle2008
04-06-2006, 01:42 AM
I say go for it. Most salons now-a-days cater to men and have it be common place for men to get waxing. When calling just act professional and tell them what you want. I get a full leg and bikini wax every 6 weeks. My salon charges me $105 for this. It may sound like a lot of money but I am completely hair free for about 2 weeks and slight stubble for a week after that. So for 3 weeks of no hair...its totally worth for me. Plus, I have told my salon lady about my femme side...Michelle...and I now arrive to all my salon appts. in femme. They also refer to me as Michelle so for all this...$105 is a great deal for me. Its such a positive emotional outlet for me.
I would recommend doing what is comfortable for you. I first went into my salon a year ago completely in male-mode and progressed from there as my comfort level grew. As long as you act professional and nice, you will get great service. And believe me, you will get addicted to salons.....good luck!

Take Care,
Michelle

Clare
04-06-2006, 03:08 AM
It's very common now for men to have waxing. It's most notable for backs, arms and sometimes chests - beware, the chest waxing can hurt a little!

As for getting your legs waxed, many salons will do it for men these days without awkward questions. If they do ask, just say your wife prefers you waxed rather shaved - besides, it's truth isn't it? . Or use whatever reason is conveinient for you - sports for example.

As for me, I wax from the neck down and have been doing it for 10 years.

Phyliss
04-06-2006, 03:21 AM
How wondeful that this, (one of mt favorite subjects) happened to come up today, I just had my, every six week, wax job yesterday.

I've been going to see the same lady each time. Everything from nose to toes. I find the chest isn't so bad as the arm pits. That can be a bit tender. The first time I had my bikini wax I was quite "startled" , (for want of a word) when she pulled off the tape. Now it doesn't bother me. The "pits" though are still a bit of an adventure.

I so love the feeling of being waxed. I don't think I'd be able to ever be able to NOT be waxed. I've come to so hate any hair on my lovely, precious, delicate, tender body that is the one true model for the Pillsbury Dough Boy.;) ;) ;)

Darlene Rochelle
04-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I have yet to get my body waxed I have been getting my eyebrows waxed for over a year.It is a wonderful feeling to be able to do this.:D

JoAnnDallas
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I have not had my legs waxed yet at my nail salon, but the last pedicure I had, my legs were shaved and my tech, just looked at them and then at me for a sec and continued the pedicure. It was like "oh you shaved your legs". As far she is concern, no big deal.