PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the bank today....

StaceyJane
11-18-2021, 04:30 PM
So I went to the bank today in order to open a new account for for money I have been saving. Now I have gone to this branch several times as Stacey to cash some checks and get money orders and my account there is still in my guy name but opening a new account requires a whole new level of interaction.
I had decided last night to do this and this morning when I got up I felt a combination of excitement and nervousness. I made sure my hair and makeup were as good as I could do and I tried on a couple of different outfits and even ironed a blouse to make sure I looked okay.
When I got to the bank I sat in my car a few moments to calm down and make sure I was ready then I went inside. I only waited a moment before I was called up to the teller and I told her I wanted to open a new account. She then told me to wait a moment in one of the offices so she could help me. After that everything went so great and really very normal. she did confirm what pronouns I wanted then it time to set up the account. Of course I still had to use my guy name and account information but there was no problem. we chatted the whole time about family and where we were from. I felt absolutely wonderful sitting there in the bank as Stacey. I was almost sad for the whole thing to end and it was time for me to go.
I actually had more stuff to do and I went to the grocery store for some shopping. Again perfectly normal.

rachelatshop
11-18-2021, 07:10 PM
Congratulation Stacy those are big steps

LydiaL
11-18-2021, 08:11 PM
As long as you are depositing money into their bank, I would expect them to be most accomodating! :heehee:

docrobbysherry
11-18-2021, 08:16 PM
How did u account for the difference in your ID appearance?:straightface:

See what I did there?:heehee:

alwayshave
11-18-2021, 08:32 PM
Stacy, Congratulations.

Mandyinfemme
11-18-2021, 10:17 PM
Congrats. As someone who banks a lot. I can?t get away with this. But love to read upon it!

KarenCD334
11-19-2021, 10:54 AM
It takes fortitude to do that gurl !

Helen_Highwater
11-19-2021, 11:01 AM
Stacy,

Well done, just remembered it gets easier next time. Do it often enough and it becomes second nature.

You've made a great start, now what else is there you can do enfemme to keep the momentum going?

Aunt Kelly
11-19-2021, 02:48 PM
They asked, early on, what pronouns you preferred. That's a sign that the organization has a woke policy on such things, and values it enough to provide training to their employees. You have chosen well, my friend. :)

Kitty Sue
11-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a great experience Stacey. Good for you.