PDA

View Full Version : What was your gateway accessory?

Josephine_A
11-20-2021, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone - relatively new to dressing. I always wonder what attracted you to dressing? What was that article of clothing, shoes or outfit that when you tried it on you knew dressing was for you?

For me, I used to dress in middle school and high school wearing my mom?s clothes. To this day, I have no recollection of what made me even try on her clothes, I do have a very vivid recollection of the first time I slipped on her pantyhose and the feeling of that silk rolling up my legs and seeing how it transformed my legs and feet making them smooth and feminine, I was instantly hooked. I stopped dressing cold turkey when I went to college and then, mid 40?s hit 3 years ago and I was going through a really difficult time at work I just got this overwhelming desire to roll some pantyhose up my legs and admire myself and so I did. Now I?m fully dressing and loving it. But it was the pantyhose that brought me back. Is there a gateway accessory or clothing for you that brought you into this life?

Karren H
11-20-2021, 12:16 AM
No one item but I was 7 and mom had always told me I was supposed to have been a girl my whole life. So when my baby sister was born I suddenly got the urge to go into moms closet when she and dad were out and we had a baby sitter, and try on her bras and panties and girdles and stockings, nightie. It was pure heaven. Been doing this for the last 6 decades.

franlee
11-20-2021, 12:51 AM
I was a victim of my own demise. I had bet my girl friend(2years younger) than me that I could fit into her dress. I wanted her to take it off and we'd skip the bet. But no, she undressed completely and upped the anti. I couldn't back down, she wasn't gon'a let the bet go. So I stripped too. Then she took my clothes and I started dressing in hers. With her help I soon was in her panties,bra, pantyhose and slip. The dress was the easy part it fit like a glove. Her shoes also went on but were pretty tight. At that point with our swapped attire I became obsessed with CDing and especially swapping clothes and roles. Just that simple and true.

Patty_cd
11-20-2021, 03:37 AM
Women underwears... I think I was in love with lingerie. Dentelle, see through, pantyhode, stockings, every kind but needed to be sexy one.
And one day I tried.. and trapped !

bridget thronton
11-20-2021, 03:55 AM
I think heels

Kris Burton
11-20-2021, 04:45 AM
Unlike most here, I had no CD experiences as a child or teenager. I was a young man when I, admiring my wife in her nightgown, asked if I could try it on. She agreed, and and I did so. She asked if I liked wearing it. I said no. I lied.

I fought off the desire to try other articles of her clothing for the next 40 years. At first I would find discarded pantyhose and try them on if no one was home, but no more. After a few years of this scavenging, I stopped altogether. I finally gave in to temptation completely this past summer, purchasing my own clothes. I'm all in now.

So my gateway? That nightgown.

Sabine Janus
11-20-2021, 05:20 AM
Bugs Bunny did me in. . . .

Monique65
11-20-2021, 06:59 AM
I was about ten years old when found my mother’s girdle and stockings in her dresser drawer. I slipped them on, and my life changed.

NjJamie
11-20-2021, 07:03 AM
Josephine, there is some kind of karma in our universe as your name and topic are too similar to my origin. I had an older relative of the same name and it was in the spare bedroom she used that I first put on a pair of pantyhose and a pair of black go-go boots, had a very unexpected reaction and have spent the next 50 years trying to recreate that feeling.

I think we all find stress relief in CDing, whether it's to escape our daily duties and responsibilities or because that is how we feel inside but either way the magic that some item or combination of clothing over our mental wellbeing is real. I will say that until just a few years ago any item made of cotton was just not going to do what I needed done but now the focus is on the complete outfit, the more casual classy the better I feel.

Thanks for a great topic!

Lana Mae
11-20-2021, 07:14 AM
A little white dress on my little playmate! When she threw it over her head, Little me wanted a dress! Mom said, "No, boys wear pants! Girls wear dresses! You are a boy!" That started it and that little girl was Lana! Hugs Lana Mae

kimdl93
11-20-2021, 07:34 AM
When I read accessory in the question, I was puzzled. Was she drawn into cross dressing by a purse? Then I read the OP. Well, for me it may not have been a particular item. I knew from a very early age that I was different. My older male siblings made that perfectly clear?although I was and remain a bit unclear about why. I do recall wearing an older sister’s slip and even at that early age feeling I had crossed some line.

Pumped
11-20-2021, 09:12 AM
High heels for sure and pantyhose along with them!

Charlotte Sparkle
11-20-2021, 09:29 AM
It was most definitely high heels that got me started.

Debbie Denier
11-20-2021, 09:33 AM
Tried my mums tights/pantyhose when I was 10 years old .The feeling was electric and I was hooked.Loved admiring my legs in the mirror. They felt so soft sheer and feminine . Progressed to her slips, then started purchasing my own items.When I was 17 . Stiletto shoes and panties next.Followed by a dress and fitted wig. subsequent guilt and purges followed. Marriage and kids and less opportunities.

alwayshave
11-20-2021, 10:16 AM
Josephine, it was so long ago, 55+ years that I can't say for sure. I know my mother had a Merry Widow which was on the attic stairs, they stairs were in my bedroom, that I tried on.

NancySue
11-20-2021, 10:16 AM
In my youth, next door neighbors lived sisters who often played dress up. One day they invited me to join them. At first, I really wasn?t interested, until I saw some pantyhose. I vividly recall, it was like they were a magnet, so I tried them on. BAM?that was the beginning. My mother wore pantyhose, but still wore nylon stockings with both girdles and garter belts. I was in seventh heaven. I remember putting a run in one of her stockings. So worried, but nothing was ever said. I now have a supportive wife and dress daily..retirement is good. To this day, I still get a tingle as I slip on my hose.

April Rose
11-20-2021, 11:37 AM
At age 4 or five, a silk kerchief on my older cousin's bed. She saw me reach out to touch it, and put it on me. I think this is my earliest memory of any kind.

Cheryl T
11-20-2021, 11:41 AM
Panties were my first love.
Then came bras and of course nylons.
My downfall though is shoes, I love shoes.

Robbiegirl
11-20-2021, 11:44 AM
My sisters Party Dresses ! I was put into the dress by my mother and aunt when I was about 7 to fool a visiting nanny we had when we were babies . I couldn't believe how well the dress fit me and how I looked exactly like a girl! My sisters had a field day teasing me and after that were always trying to get me into their dresses !

Bianca Fay
11-20-2021, 12:13 PM
Definitely pantyhose. When I was very young I had an innocent encounter with a beautiful woman who happened to be wearing pantyhose.

They made a huge impression on me and I developed a fascination for hosiery. I was 18 or 19 years old when I bought my first pair and I was immediately hooked. When I got married, my wife caught me and it was a major reason for our divorce.

After the split, I stopped wearing nylons for about 6 years. I thought I had overcome the urge but I was wrong. I remember being in a store and noticed an attractive lady who was very well-dressed. My eyes were drawn to her shapely legs... she was wearing a pair of off-black, nightshade pantyhose. My heart started pounding and my hands began shaking. Without thinking, I immediately went to the hosiery section and bought two pairs of hose in the exact same shade that the attractive woman was wearing.

That was the moment when I realized the desire to wear pantyhose would never go away. Since that day, I've become less embarrassed and ashamed of my predilection and have shared my secret with virtually every subsequent girlfriend. I can honestly say that every woman I have been with has totally accepted the fact that I enjoy wearing pantyhose.

Patience
11-20-2021, 12:26 PM
Black dress, thick, heavy fabric with white and purple embroidered patterns on the chest. I put it on and it was game over.

I was 6.

docrobbysherry
11-20-2021, 12:48 PM
Part One:
In my 50's, a female tenant moved out and left some clothes. I remember seeing if I could squeeze into her jeans? I could just. I looked and felt sexy! Then, promptly forgot that for a year.

Part 2:
A year or so later another tenant moved out leaving several boxes of her things for me to donate to any charity. EVERYTHING fit me, even her shoes! I was hooked!:tongueout

Bluesman
11-20-2021, 02:20 PM
At age 15, a pair of purloined, long leg panties.

Stephanie47
11-20-2021, 02:55 PM
For me it was my mother's white nylon full slips she hanged to dry in the hallway to the bedroom. I had to negotiate my way through a maze of clothing. I loved the feel of the nylon. At first all I did was caress the slips. Then, it was to take the slip off the drying line and slip into them in the sole bathroom of the apartment. Later, I discovered her long nylon nightgowns.

Glenda2
11-20-2021, 03:47 PM
A little different for me. My mother had a huge collection of earrings, all screw back or clip on. I would often try these on when she wasn’t around and suspect it triggered further exploration of cross dressing.

Glenda2

valerie anne
11-20-2021, 04:19 PM
So many things.

My mum's lipstick & perfume. My sisters's cotton bra, which actually sort of fitted me. Their discarded laddered stockings, which I wore in bed, then finally a baby doll drying on the line which I wriggled into, but split.

Kimberly A.
11-20-2021, 04:51 PM
Hi, Josephine and welcome to the forum! :) I'm Kimberly, obviously. LOL..... Anyway, like you, pantyhose is my gateway, or go-to article of women's clothing. I spend every waking moment in pantyhose, (or tights if it's cold out) and I even sometimes sleep in them, again if it's cold, for the warmth they can provide. LOL But, I'd say that pantyhose is the reason for my wanting to crossdress..... That, and I was the only boy in my family, having grown up with four sisters and three girl cousins, seeing them all dressed up and me wanting to do that as well, only I couldn't because I was boy. LOL

DebbieCD
11-22-2021, 03:29 AM
Heels. I don't know what it is about them, but I just LOVE the way the look, the way they make you walk and how they make my legs look AWESOME!

I still remember buying my first heels, I was shaking with so much adrenaline, it was one of the greatest moments of my life that I can never share about with anybody. The moment I slipped them on I was SO hooked. After that I chased that thrill buying other stuff, and well, here we are.

Jane G
11-22-2021, 12:45 PM
Bugs Bunny did me in. . . .:heehee::heehee::heehee: That realy did make me chuckle. :thumbsup:

Jessica Secret
11-22-2021, 01:26 PM
Discovering all of my mom's pretty & feminine lingerie/nighties/sexy sleepwear when I was 13, all of it looked so gorgeous and once I started trying things on I was immediately hooked, and seeing myself in the mirror was extremely arousing (and still is). I've loved beautiful/romantic/bridal lingerie ever since. Seeing it was amazing, trying it on was absolutely incredible.

LIKETODRESS2
11-22-2021, 07:45 PM
I woud have to say my moms an Cousin panties

Kitty Sue
11-22-2021, 08:12 PM
I think my Aunt's corset and stockings.

jessicabf
11-22-2021, 09:05 PM
My earliest memory was wearing my sister?s red dress, twirling around. Maybe 7 years old.

I also remember around 11 playing house with female cousins. They made me the wife, because they wanted to make me do the cleaning. I pretended to complain, but didn?t complain very hard. *wink* after all had to dress the part.

That?s most of my memories growing up that would say had a strong effect.

Otherwise, underwear. Whenever seeing them laying around.

AnelineM
11-22-2021, 10:24 PM
Started with my Mom's bright pink lipstick. Then older sister went off to college and I got to move into her room. She left behind a closet packed with makeup, some panties and dresses. I tried everything.

Geena75
11-22-2021, 11:02 PM
My first thought was that it was finding a discarded pair of my sister's pantyhose when I was around 10 or 12. Still love the feel of wearing them. But then, it seems there were always stages. I had virtually given it up for over ten years when I discovered a dress that fit and shoes as well. Then I was off and running for months, then not. Until some new angle caught my imagination, then off and running again.

Shawn Michelle
11-23-2021, 12:04 AM
I was 4 or 5 and found a pair of women's black leather boots and black leather gloves at my grandmother's house. I'd put them on and parade around her house in them (it was "cute" at that age). As I got older I started trying on my mom's other things - panties, pantyhose, dresses, etc. But it's always been about the boots for me. It's all I've got right now, which granted, is limiting my wardrobe. Boot weather where I live is maybe 4 months out of the year if I'm lucky.

Teri Ray
11-23-2021, 07:30 AM
Easy memory.....my mothers bra

josie_S
11-23-2021, 08:58 AM
I'm just like Teri...my mom's black lace bra draped over the towel rack in her bathroom. I can still see it clearly in my mind all these years later

Crissy 107
11-23-2021, 09:21 AM
I would say my mothers panties and panty girdle with garters. I just thought they were so sexy, and still do

StacyG
11-24-2021, 10:51 AM
My sister's panties. We shared a bathroom as a kid and a hamper. All my undies were tightie whites and she had silky nylon panties with flowers.

Beverley Sims
11-24-2021, 11:21 AM
It was a bra I found that really set me off when I was about eight.

I had been playing house with the neighborhood girls from about age 3 or four and I was always dressed up as a girl or the baby in the pram.

That was good as I always got a ride down the street in it.

abby054
11-24-2021, 11:04 PM
Nylon stockings, the single leg kind that required garters. I watched my Mum put them on every evening before her night shift at a hospital nurse. I wanted them. Eventually, I got some of my own. Then I found a 40s style dress, heels, coat and headscarf, and I was soon walking down the street.

Snide_lobster
11-25-2021, 01:25 AM
I don't know, it was more crossdressing in media than an actual interaction with an "accessory" for me.

Angela Marie
11-25-2021, 07:00 AM
My mothers tights (which would probably today be called leggings). I particularly remember a blue pair she had. At 67 i've never looked back. I dress fully now but leggings are still my go to piece of clothing. Wear them to the gym, shopping, etc.

Stiletto Gurl
11-25-2021, 07:12 AM
Pantyhose and nail polish for me.

Ressie
11-25-2021, 08:41 AM
I don't know, it was more crossdressing in media than an actual interaction with an "accessory" for me.

That was part of it for me too. There were a couple of magazine/newspaper articles in the late 60s on transexuals or crossdressers that had an affect on me. I wanted to be one of them!

As far as clothing, trying on my sister's dress at age 13 was an epiphany.

BTWimRobin
11-25-2021, 09:11 AM
I was probably a combination of things. I grew up in a house primarily comprised of women and they were always running around the house dressed up in a variety of dresses, skirts, foundation garments. While they stirred my curiosity for all things femme, the one thing which threw me over the top was mascara. There was a girl in middle school who sat next to me. She had the prettiest eyelashes and really knew her way around makeup. Her name was Robin.

jennifer1958
11-25-2021, 09:12 AM
Trying on a pair of my sister's panties when I was 14 did it for me.

Jennifer

Brenda Freeman
11-25-2021, 11:36 AM
My mom's girdle and nylons snapped in place. Loved how they looked and felt. The girdle gave me a flat front like a girl I just loved that I looked like a girl. After that I thought about it often never got serious make up the works until way later.

Zoey0897
11-26-2021, 03:31 AM
I had always been sort of drawn to dressing from an early age but always had a thing for the "Disney princess" aesthetic. At about 11-12 I found my mom's high school prom dress in the closet. I remember getting a chance alone to get the courage to try it on. I still remember how perfectly snug it was around the waist at the time. Also the huge skirts I had to hold to even move about. It was a special experience I'll likely not forget soon.

Linda K.
11-27-2021, 04:02 AM
For me, it was pantyhose and shoes. I first tried my mother's on was when I was about 11 years old. I loved the feel of the nylons against my legs and how well they made my legs look. But I enjoyed them even more with my mother's shoes, they looked so much better. Then I started trying on her outfits and some of my sister's clothes as well. But what really got my hooked was the first time, within the last month or so, I wore press on nails. I cannot explain how girly that made me feel. Now I am so anxious to add other accessories like jewelry and extremely anxious to get my makeover and wig. Is it January yet?! :heehee:

kellyanne
11-27-2021, 01:16 PM
Twas mesmerized by the beautiful women of the catalogs and at a n early age went to the laundry room and opened the dryer to my
mother's bathing suit and felt compelled to wear it and suddenly felt beautiful, happy, wonderful and joyously free for the first time .

The nightgown still has a special place for me.

AlanaRaso
11-27-2021, 02:57 PM
Satin slips. My Mom stored her formal clothing in my room. Among them were satin slips from the 1950s. I was 3 at the time and loved going into the closet and feeling all the silky textures.

Visitor
11-27-2021, 03:26 PM
I was rather fixated on my neighbor's breasts which she showed off regularly wearing a halter top while working in the yard. Can I be forgiven for the fact when asked to babysit her young daughter when I was 12 years old, the first thing I did was rummage through her dresser drawers until I came upon her lingerie AND a bustier that fit my youthful body? I crossdressed with her lingerie the entire winter. A brassiere still gives me a thrill, including the one I'm wearing as I write this. I don't need to "dress" to enjoy wearing a brassiere when I go out shopping. My normal clothes hide both my very real breasts, the result of gynecomastia, and the brassiere with C cups that so lovingly holds them in place.

tiffyjo
11-27-2021, 06:40 PM
My mom had a "rag bag" which she had sown together using a heavy type of hanger. She kept every old sock, towel, washcloth, towel, etc. in that hanging bag. They were all just stuffed in there and she would often ask me to run up and grab a rag out of it when she was cleaning. One time I reached in and found something that felt "slick" and was folded neatly. I pulled it out and noticed it was on old pair of her panties and it made me have a tingle and something sparked in me. I suppose I was probably 8-9 at the time. I pushed it back into the bag, grabbed something else and ran down and gave it to mom. My mind couldn't get those "slick, silky, fancy panties" out of my mind. That night I remember going back in my closet and grabbing them and noticing there were quite a few that were neatly folded and placed off to the side in the "rag bag". I pulled them out, slipped out of my boy tighty whities and pulled them up and instantly I was hooked. They felt great and I will not deny they made me hard and excited me a lot. I then felt a bit of shame and slipped them off, folded them and put them back in the rag bag.
Mom always worked outside of home and whenever I would be home alone, I would wear them and love how they felt and excited me. It then sparked me to look around in mom and dad's bedroom and there I found pantyhose, bras, and girdles. Mom was very slender and I never got much of a thrill out of her bras then, but pantyhose and girdles were always a thrill also. I was always careful and put things away like I found them. I would help with cleaning and laundry some and always noticed the panties, bras and girdles laying in a chair or hanging out over the open drawer in mom and dad's bedroom.
My snooping around found a stack of porn mags in her closet and condoms in dad's dresser drawer. Part of me wonders if my mom staged the panties in the rag bag and her other undies for me to find? I never was caught wearing them, but I suspect my mom knew. Not much got by her.
Now I have my own and love wearing them. I don't get the erections or sexual excitement out of them like I did when I was young, but a very satisfying feeling while wearing bras, panties, etc. (Sorry it was a bit long)

Glenda58
11-27-2021, 10:24 PM
For me it was when I was 3. There was only girls to play with and they had a all girl party and wouldn't let me play. Till the old sister of the group said for me to put on her sisters cloths. Ruffle panties stain slip and a lace dress. From there on I knew I wanted to be a girl.

Celee
11-28-2021, 09:49 AM
My mom used to leave her panties in the bathroom after taking a shower. When I was 9 or 10 I remember putting them on and wow! When I was a bit older on occasion I was alone and got into my mom?s dresser and found her girdle and bras. I was hooked.

helenejo
11-28-2021, 05:06 PM
A frilly petticoat of my mums...layer upon layer of lace ruffles. When I was younger it would skim the floor when I wore it. I loved walking around in it so much....I was hooked after that

WillowHanna
11-28-2021, 10:43 PM
First would have to be me oldest sisters panties. Most recently, clothes my SIL left here from when she lived with us. Her sizes are very close to my own.

sometimes_miss
12-02-2021, 11:45 AM
The one I really liked, was the junior high cheerleader uniform; purple and white, oh-so-cute. Whenever I knew that it was going to happen, I always hoped for that one.

So it wasn't exactly an accessory; more, I was dressed in my sister's friend's clothes by her older brother who was grooming me to be his sexual partner. I was 7 when it all started, and once he had me convinced that I was supposed to be a girl, the routine outfits he got for me were schoolgirl uniforms, the white top and tartan pleated skirts; the cheerleader uniform, and a little navy blue sailor girl dress. As I got older and taller, I started borrowing my own sister's older clothes that she didn't wear anymore, and by high school, she always had some really cute dresses which I knew as soon as I saw her wearing them, would eventually be mine.

Kathi-Anne
12-03-2021, 08:34 PM
Pantyhose, its what ensnared me. For the longest time, L'eggs sheer energy suntan pantyhose. I remember that electric feeling. Things were never the same😊

candykowal
12-03-2021, 09:38 PM
Being a very sickly baby, I spent a lot of time in a satin baby dolls and abdomen bandages and diapers, coddled and often sleeping, resting, and watching, learning, in my parents bedroom while Dad was away for work.
Mom was a major influence on how I dressed as I was very pampered.
So I suppose Baby Doll sleepwear was a hook.
I do know soft cup bras and my growing breasts really steered me to want to transition as soon as the government would allow.
Cost and undeveloped tech on the subject caused a different path for me as I continue to wonder "what if" ....till this day.
Soft Cup Bras continue to influence me as I feel so uncomfortable when I cannot wear one.
It's always Husband first for me and that's okay, I have enough opportunities to be feminine and reminisce about my past.:battingeyelashes:

paula_16
12-05-2021, 08:08 PM
Lipstick. My grandma sold cosmetics like Avon. I played with the samples when I was 5, haven't stopped since.

Nylon Wendy
12-06-2021, 03:38 AM
Tried my mums tights/pantyhose when I was 10 years old .The feeling was electric and I was hooked.Loved admiring my legs in the mirror. They felt so soft sheer and feminine . Progressed to her slips, then started purchasing my own items.When I was 17 . Stiletto shoes and panties next.Followed by a dress and fitted wig. subsequent guilt and purges followed. Marriage and kids and less opportunities.

Exactly the same for me Debbie, 10 years old and my mum's pantyhose. I was in heaven wearing those things as a child and hardly a day would go by where I didn't sneak into her room to try them on and admire my smooth tanned legs and hips in her mirror. Looking back, I just used to stuff them into in her drawer when I was done, while hers were neatly rolled up in little bundles. She must have known, but she never said a word. Mums are great.

Debbie Denier
12-06-2021, 04:38 AM
Very similar journey to you Wendy . I came out to my mum 10 years ago after wife discovered stash and made me dump everything. My mum was great had a fem wardrobe at her house. Used to visit at least twice a week to dress. She accepted everything but refused to refer to me as Debbie.She sadly passed away last year . I miss her badly along with the weekly dress ups.Oppertunities are now limited. But still wear tights most days even if only underdressed.

Wendy-Lyn
12-06-2021, 05:19 AM
For me, it would have been when I was about 14, and I found (yes, found)
a pair of floral-patterned nylon panties in our garden. I had no idea whose
they were or how they got there, they weren't my mother's as they weren't
what she would have worn. I suspect our dog had probably dragged them
home from somewhere.

Anyway, I snuck into one of our garden sheds and tried them on, no idea
why, but I did. Had the usual pleasurable reaction one would expect from
such an encounter, followed by shame and embarrassment - yada yada.

But I kept them, and kept going back for more. And here we are...

Kathi-Anne
12-12-2021, 04:57 PM
PANTYHOSE!!! The feeling I got from my waist down to my toes was electric. I became a pantyhose junkie😊

CDLagras
12-29-2021, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone - relatively new to dressing. I always wonder what attracted you to dressing? What was that article of clothing, shoes or outfit that when you tried it on you knew dressing was for you?

For me, I used to dress in middle school and high school wearing my mom?s clothes. To this day, I have no recollection of what made me even try on her clothes, I do have a very vivid recollection of the first time I slipped on her pantyhose and the feeling of that silk rolling up my legs and seeing how it transformed my legs and feet making them smooth and feminine, I was instantly hooked. I stopped dressing cold turkey when I went to college and then, mid 40?s hit 3 years ago and I was going through a really difficult time at work I just got this overwhelming desire to roll some pantyhose up my legs and admire myself and so I did. Now I?m fully dressing and loving it. But it was the pantyhose that brought me back. Is there a gateway accessory or clothing for you that brought you into this life?

the same as you i would dress up in my mothers dresses, but when a few years ago i had the urge to buy high heels and when i wore them for the first time i was hooked! love high heels!

jazmine
12-29-2021, 11:42 AM
P~A~N~T~Y~H~O~S~E !!!
Between my Mom's pantyhose in the clothes-hamper, and all the nylons my grandma had around her house, there was no hope for me. I was bound to be a girl one way or another......LOL :)

prene
12-29-2021, 01:45 PM
Bra's, panties, and nylons

SarahBJackson
12-29-2021, 09:59 PM
In June 2012, I walked into a Payless for brown dress shoes. The mens shoes were in the same aisle as the large sized womens shoes. I sat down and tried the brown shoes, but they were ugly. My heart was pounding when I noticed that I was sitting next to black size 13 pumps. I looked around and then tried them on. I bought them and since then, I've called shoes the "gateway drug"!

Lori Ann Westlake
12-30-2021, 12:50 AM
Long story short, Josephine: my "gateway" was my mother's skirt.

My story is in some ways like many others'--though not entirely. I started dressing at 12 or 13 because I found it arousing. Embarrassed at first by my urges, I eventually grew to accept myself, and like other "fetish dressers," discovered it wasn't all about the "sexual fetish" aspect, and I really do have a feminine side that I enjoy expressing as well by dressing.

The difference is that most fetish dressers seem to be initially attracted to one or more specific "fetish garments." Naturally these are usually what department stores call "intimate apparel," panties being top favorite of course, but including nylons and other items of underwear, heels and anything uniquely feminine and regarded as "sexy." Many fetish dressers have said they only slowly proceeded from there over the years to dressing fully--if indeed they have.

For me it wasn't quite like that. I found my mother's skirt lying around one evening where she'd casually left it after changing to go out with my father. Seeing it there, so feminine with a pretty blue floral pattern, II couldn't resist trying it on. Zipping it up around my waist, I found it intensely exciting, and soon reached satisfaction. I was hooked.

From there, however, I didn't waste time. Very quickly I wanted to dress completely in women's clothing and women's underwear. I wanted the whole package: bra, girdle, nylons and panties, slip, skirt and blouse or a dress. Luckily my mother's shoes fit me too at that young age. I loved doing it.

Like many other crossdressers, I admit I found her silky panties most deliciously exciting of all, though everything was exciting in a way. What I've wondered about is this. Since I found her panties so exciting, why didn't I start with those instead? Would I have gone in search of them spontaneously to try them on? As it happened, I didn't. Perhaps we all need a "trigger," a visual stimulus to get us started. If I'd seen a pair of her panties casually lying around, would I have tried those on instead of her skirt? Maybe. Yet it's not as if I hadn't seen her panties before among the clean laundry, where they should have been just as tempting.

So I think the skirt was a significant trigger for me as the outward and visible symbol of femininity. What was exciting for me was not just individual items, even panties, but the whole idea of looking and feeling like a girl. And the fantasy of having sex in a female role--though it would have to be "lesbian" sex with other girls. So I don't think it was an accident that a skirt, rather than panties, was what got me started. I still love to wear a skirt or dress.

Jolene G
01-08-2022, 11:03 AM
When I first tried on pantyhose I was hooked and wanted to try on different kinds of women's clothing.

Steffigirl
01-09-2022, 08:53 PM
For me it was feet! First a foot fetish then shoes! I put them on a n bam ! Progressed to stockings panties slip make up a dress

jennyblack37
01-22-2022, 01:15 PM
Panty hose and heels from moms closet

Heather76
01-22-2022, 10:26 PM
I've told this story elsewhere; but, here it goes again. In June, 2020, I was complaining about something I can't recall (had nothing whatsoever to do with my wife or our lives). She got exasperated with my griping and finally said, "Just put your big girl panties on and deal with it. They make a lot of pretty ones."
I was immediately taken back mentally to my childhood when I would put my mom's bras, stockings, and girdles on when I was home by myself. I also recalled trying on my wive's (both of them) pantyhose and the immediate arousal that resulted with the need to take myself to orgasm. Since I had lost my prostate to cancer in 2007, I had no illusions about arousal; but I was curious how I might feel wearing them. I haven't stopped wearing panties and have continued adding to my feminine attire wardrobe.

1Ladyjade
01-23-2022, 01:02 PM
For me it was pantyhose then I progressed into my moms slips. Then I started wearing her dresses. Finally her heels.

shellybme
01-23-2022, 01:32 PM
My moms bathing suit and then panties after that was a slippery slope.

MarinaTwelve200
01-23-2022, 03:56 PM
Lipstick---in the mid 50s, first grade at our consolidated school Seeing the older girls in with the heavy bright lipstick---sorta freaked me out.---I had a fear they would try to kiss me or something---and my fear evolved to something almost erotic.---I tried my mom's red lipstick while home alone at age 12.----Went on to full dressing in about a year.

Amanda77
01-24-2022, 05:18 PM
For me it was bras and panties. Found my sisters(I have 3 older sisters) training bras and some panties in a box across the hallway from my bedroom i was 12. For some reason i felt so compelled to try them on, i did a couple days later. They felt amazing to me. Now i wear them everyday.