PDA

View Full Version : Where to meet other crossdressers

bethannc
12-03-2021, 05:16 AM
Just trying to find other cds in my area need some friends to dress with not sure how to find any I can?t be the only one

prene
12-03-2021, 05:24 AM
For me it all depends?
Where so you live? I have found a few friends shopping at Value stores and yes bars, but you need to be careful.
Love Vegas.

Debbie Denier
12-03-2021, 05:39 AM
As Prene has indicated depends where you live.

Helen_Highwater
12-03-2021, 05:53 AM
Most years I have posted an offer on the forum for anyone who perhaps was a first time out and looking for support or a more experienced out and abouter wishing to meet others, to meet up at an LGBT friendly location.

Some years no replies. This year met up with two others.

I always make the meeting point somewhere public. That's for everyone's safety.

Having met the 3 of us went shopping together for the afternoon and then spent the evening chatting in a pub.

Alternatively you can Google LGBT support groups either local to you or a town you're familiar with if you're nervous about being seen where you live.

If you do post an offer here be clear as to what you intend to do. Choose a venue you're familiar with, do your homework. Are there hotels near-by that some could stay in enfemme. Things like places to get changed if someone needed to travel in drab, car parking close by so someone out for the first time hasn't got far to walk. You need to be a facilitator if dealing with 1st timers.

It's not as hard work as it sounds and the rewards make it worthwhile.

AngelaYVR
12-03-2021, 06:18 AM
CDs can be found wherever second-hand clothes are sold.

char GG
12-03-2021, 07:07 AM
If you have a Pride center in your area, many of them host CDer support and/or social nights on a regular basis. You may want to check out that option.

beckymarie
12-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Meetup.com - there are quite a number of local groups that gather in cities around the US.

docrobbysherry
12-03-2021, 01:31 PM
In just about any LGBT Gay bar or club in the country?:hugs:

MonicaPVD
12-03-2021, 02:37 PM
Some good recommendations here. I would add checking out Fetlife.com. It's a popular site for crossdressers in places where networking options are limited, and it's a lot more than some kind of hookup site.

Jaime Lin
12-03-2021, 09:06 PM
You might check out adultfriendfinder and don?t count out meetup sites like Grindr and Tinder. They have a reputation as meat markets but is you are clear about what you are looking for and don?t mind ignoring/deleting a bunch of inquiries that don?t apply then you can connect with like minded folx.

candykowal
12-03-2021, 10:07 PM
When I was looking to get back into the local scene, I went to my local makeover salon that caters to the LGBTQ community.
There I found out about multiple social groups in the area and went to a meeting and later joined.
If you are not in a major metropolitan area, most small town college campus have transgendered resources to investigate.
Search for P-Flag, GLAAD, Campus PRIDE, LGBTQ friendly places, and LGBTQ resources...that should get you looking in the right direction, where ever you live.

Sometimes Steffi
12-04-2021, 12:47 AM
If you're near a big city, look at meetup.com.

alwayshave
12-04-2021, 10:59 AM
Steffi is correct, we have met, and it is through groups on meetup.

Ressie
12-06-2021, 10:38 AM
There are events for CDs where you will meet tons of others. But you might meet one or two on this website. Check some of the other sections here like: Places to go, places to meet - upcoming events etc.

Fetlife as others have mentioned is free to join.

Erin77
12-06-2021, 10:56 AM
CDs can be found wherever second-hand clothes are sold.

Hahahaha Angela that awesome. I needed a chuckle this morning!!

rachaelsloane
12-06-2021, 11:02 AM
Try posting in the Places to Go/Places to Meet section here on the forum. Good Luck

Lillianna
12-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Good answer. I love shopping at thrift stores.

melissa25
12-10-2021, 04:03 PM
I honestly would suggest fetlife, there are some great people there that can help a lot and are willing to meet, of course talk about what you want first!!! Haha

candice.aihara
12-10-2021, 06:29 PM
I honestly would suggest fetlife . . .

Yes. I've met a few folks in person via FetLife, and I do recommend the site.

Sometimes Steffi
12-10-2021, 11:05 PM
I arranged a lunch meeting with a girl I met online here. And she introduced me to two friends, and they introduced met to two friends ... I've been at meetups with almost 100 local CDs, and over 500 at the Keystone Conference.