PDA

View Full Version : Hernia

Krisi
12-03-2021, 08:33 AM
Well, it seems I have a hernia and will be having surgery next week. I'll have to treat Willie and the Boys differently for a few weeks. ;)

Actually, under my padding they don't really show anyway, it's just the feeling of having nothing between my legs that I wil miss.

bridget thronton
12-03-2021, 10:25 AM
Best wishes for a good result and easy recovery

Debbie Denier
12-03-2021, 10:26 AM
Good luck Krisi

crobeson96
12-03-2021, 10:40 AM
One repair on each side about 10 years apart. Just do what the doctor says and take it easy on yourself. Prayers going out for your quick recovery. - Camilla

Kris Burton
12-03-2021, 12:36 PM
Best wishes for a quick recovery Krisi!

docrobbysherry
12-03-2021, 01:24 PM
OMG! I had forgotten all about my double hernia operation until I read your post, Krisi! Hope in a year you'll have forgotten yours, too!:thumbsup:

DianeT
12-03-2021, 05:41 PM
Good luck Krisi.

Geena75
12-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Wow. Take extra good care of yourself and enjoy the holidays. Best wishes for the surgery.

Connie D50
12-04-2021, 05:13 AM
Krisi
Just had a double hernia operation 3 weeks ago, Hope you have a fast recovery, I'll be back in panties in no time lol.

Victoria1
12-04-2021, 06:53 AM
As others have said, just follow the doctors orders. I've had 3 hernia surgeries over the years. The technology has improved a lot since my first one years ago. One thing has not changed, the definition of "minor surgery" depends a great deal on which end of the scalpel you're on! Take care.

Krisi
12-04-2021, 09:16 AM
Thanks everyone. This will be my second, on the other side. I'm a little surprised, this will be in a "surgery center", not a hospital. I'm not clear on what the difference is. The first was combined with removal of my gall bladder.

The big problem is, we just moved and I have boxes to move and things to han and now I can't do it. My wife is doing her best, but some stuff she just can't do.

Maid_Marion
12-04-2021, 10:12 AM
The advantage of a surgery center is lower cost and less chance of infection type complications as you don't have as many sick people around a surgery center. It is much easier to keep infected people away from a surgery center.

The disadvantage is that you don't have the expertise and equipment available at a full service hospital if there are complications. A surgery center may not have expensive imaging machines found in hospitals.
A hospital may be a better choice if there is a high likelihood of complications.

I had my colonoscopy at a surgery center. Eye surgery is typically done at surgery centers.

alwayshave
12-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Kris, I have had three hernia operations. The first was old school where they cut me open. The other two (one on each side) were laparoscopic which were much easier. Good luck with yours.

Michelle_G
12-04-2021, 04:43 PM
Good luck and speedy recovery.

LilSissyStevie
12-04-2021, 09:10 PM
This is a timely subject for me. I had an inguinal hernia repaired about 20 years ago on one side. There was a slight bulge on the other side but the doc said I should just watch it, strengthen my abdominal muscles and I should be ok for a number of years. Sooner or later it would probably give me problems, though. This last week I've been having major pain in that area and the bulge has suddenly doubled or more in size. I'm probably going to have to go under the knife again. Meanwhile I found that one of my old gaffs, which I don't use anymore, works good to hold everything in. Being a CD has practical value sometimes. The first surgery went ok but I had a major complication afterwards. Frostbite!!!! After the surgery, they sent me home with an ice pack for the wound area to keep the swelling down. I was still woozy from the anesthetic and fell asleep in the car with the ice pack on the wound. It froze to my skin where it was touching bare skin outside the bandage. I had to melt the ice off my skin and it took some skin with it. It was VERY painful. The hernia healed in a few weeks. The frostbite took almost a year to completely heal. Not fun.

Linda K.
12-05-2021, 07:54 AM
You need to find someone to help with the move until you heal. Just listen to what the doctor's say and you will be back to normal in no time. I wish you a speedy recovery! :hugs:

Kelli_cd
12-05-2021, 10:34 AM
June 2020 I had 4 hernias repaired. The surgeon told the anesthesiologist to give me a nerve block. That really helped the first few days.

LIKETODRESS2
12-06-2021, 01:31 AM
I had one 18 months ago.Take your time recovering. If i over doit at work it bugs me for a few days.. Hope you have quick recovery

Krisi
12-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Update- I found the truss (I think it's called) that I used for my first one until I had the surgery. I wore it yesterday and it helps to hold everything where it belongs and I did some work around the house. Surgery is on Thursday so I'll have a good excuse to lay around doing nothing.

I was a bit surprised at the forms I had to fill out, especially concerning prescriptions. Apparently, some people have abused prescribed pain medicine in the past.

Krisi
12-10-2021, 11:35 AM
I'm back home and healing. They told me to wear tight fitting underwear to hold my testicles in place. I didn't mention it, but my panties seem to do the trick. Also, the spanx hold the ice pack really well! ;)

Kelli_cd
12-10-2021, 02:56 PM
My panties were so comfortable during my recovery. I wouldn't have worn anything else.