PDA

View Full Version : Do you think all Males have tried on Girly things like Dresses, Panties, and Bras

Robbiegirl
12-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Males are human and thus very curious ! We are particularly curious about girls and how different they look and act !

I bet almost all males have eithier been talked into dresses and panties by fun loving gals, sisters or cousins or have gotten curious and tried on frilly things on thier own ! I defintely have several friends growing up that setup dares so they could try on some of my sisters TUTUs !

I think the difference is that when we feel the clothes on us and see ourselves in the mirror are reaction is way differnt than most males ! LOL WE LIKE IT !!

We see ourselves in the mirror in a dress and can't get enough out of dancing around watching its movement or the first time you put on a silky full slip and feel it massage your body with every movement you make

Yes its hard to picture our buddies in bras and panties and dresses , i just figure they get a quick laugh and that is it ! But maybe not !

Again, women enjoy seeing us in thier frilly things just as long as we don't enjoy it too much ! Who hasn't had a gal ask them to put on thier lingerie for losing a bet ?

So Yes every guy has had his girly moments so I think we can at least feel good about that !

I am just shocked women probably beleieve only about 5% of guys have ever modeled lingerie !

Your thoughts or experiences

alwayshave
12-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Since I have never asked my buddies this question, my knowledge of this subject is based on my own experiences. So the answer is yes, all males have at least tried on panties, if not bras and dresses.

nvlady
12-04-2021, 12:52 PM
I don't know about other guys (I suspect you're correct), but I know I have.

Kris Burton
12-04-2021, 12:55 PM
I think most guys try a lot of things they don't tell their friends about!

tifftg
12-04-2021, 01:22 PM
Interesting question and like the others I suspect it is a high number of males who have tried on feminine items. I think Kris is spot on they don't all talk about it.

The question that pops into my head after I think about this, if it is true high number of initial attempts, what separated us the more regular crossdressers into the group that did it over and over when presumably most males stopped?

Taylor186
12-04-2021, 01:41 PM
Definitely not. Only we crossdressers want to think this is true.

Elizabeth G
12-04-2021, 02:25 PM
I'm with Taylor on this one.

MonicaPVD
12-04-2021, 02:30 PM
With Taylor. It's called projecting.

Debbie Denier
12-04-2021, 02:53 PM
No don?t believe all have done so. Or even if they have the majority are not going to admit to it.I agree with your point about CDs. The buzz from looking in the mirror and of course coming back for more of the same again . The different experiences and sensations of feminine fabrics.

Robbiegirl
12-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Please just tell me why a normal curious male would DEFINTElY Not Try on Girls/Women's clothing ? The clothes won't bite them ! Its not Dangerous ! LOL

Even James Bond Happily gave it a try

Lacy PJs
12-04-2021, 05:44 PM
It may well matter with age. The older one is, the less likely he is probably going to try on female clothes. Young guys... kids... haven't formed any reall opinions at that age and probably don't recognize the actions that they are taking. As one gets older, he learns what is acceptable and then weighs that against his curiosity.

Finally, it would also depend on the circumstances. Is it a prank? Is it part of a group action NOT based on his curiosity but rather what is expected of him? Or was it of necessity? Even the burliest of guys would likely pull on a woman's coat if they were freezing.

Lacy PJs

Judy-Somthing
12-04-2021, 07:03 PM
As a teen 12 to 18 in a neighborhood with 10 other guys my age at least four dressed up with me now and then for fun.

Some thought we were crazy and just watched, Some of the girls thought it was funny and would do our makeup.

AS we became young adults it all seemed to go into the CLOSET! and not talked about.

NjJamie
12-04-2021, 07:23 PM
I guess the biggest difference is the context or ending of the early CDing adventures. I was dressing by the end of elementary school and heard one of the neighborhood boys got caught at a neighbors house in the woman's undies and makeup. The boy who lived in that house wore his sisters clothing for Halloween in 8th grade but I really think he did it completely for the reaction as he was often the first to act up and almost never backed down to a challenge.

Since my activities were so tied to an erotic ending, I believed that everyone would instantly see through the whole thing but if one or more of the other boys did it just for the reactions, the guilt or fear was not going to be a factor. I'm sure we see the same thing every Halloween, if someone is not a CD by personality, it's simply a costume, but for those of us for whom the clothing has such a magical impact, we have a much different approach as well as likely put just to much attention to detail for our own good. The recent reports of Halloween adventures seem to back this up, with many discussing the reactions of the others at the party which seemed to fall into the same "you're too good for this to be just a costume" and "you went this far for a costume?". I think it ties into the idea that your confidence while out in public has a tremendous impact on your success; if you're nervous and furtive people "see" you are different but if you're confident and close to blending, no one seems to really notice you unless it's a face to face interaction, even then the next moment seems to be determined by your attitude. If you're cool and calm, the reactions seem to be mostly the same but if you're out of the norm for the environment and nervous, someone who wants to react negatively will do so.

JMHO

Geena75
12-04-2021, 07:37 PM
I think it likely that many have done so, perhaps most. I think of a friend of mine telling about dressing up in his youth so convincingly that nobody recognized him -- full out with pantyhose, bra, make up, etc. Has certainly not done it since. Like someone said, it isn't so much the dressing up, but the reaction.

I recall an occasion in high school where a friend of mine asked if I would dress up for a funny finale to an act he was doing for a talent show. I declined, knowing how I would feel once really dressed up, and didn't want to deal with it. Another guy did, and left it as that.

BLUE ORCHID
12-04-2021, 08:33 PM
As I walk through the Home Depot, I often wonder how many of the Macho guys there Panty's or Pantyhose ,

>>>>>>>>>>Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

Linda K.
12-05-2021, 08:16 AM
I would say that the majority of men have either worn or at least tried on women's clothes. Even if they were kids at the time. I did, but never really gave it much thought until last year when I decided, "Why not?"

fly2188
12-05-2021, 08:23 AM
I would guess a pretty high percentage have tried panties. I would guess fewer have tried bras or dresses

susan2010
12-05-2021, 08:40 AM
Many of the males I have told about my dressing have confessed that they have worn womens clothing too. A drunken night with a woman, Halloween, or experimentation when young. A few said they were worried because they liked it so much.

NancyJ
12-05-2021, 09:59 AM
I sincerely doubt that most males have worn women’s clothes — panties, bras, shoes, dresses, etc. For those that have who are not on the transgender continuum, however, it has an entirely different meaning. They are not preoccupied with it, nor do they experience any level of gender Dysphoria. Most guys wouldn’t wear panties if you paid them a $100.

Kelli_cd
12-05-2021, 10:21 AM
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of guys have done this and won't admit it.

NancySue
12-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Absolutely! For years, regardless of what the statistics show, I?ve believed that there are many more men who have worn women?s lingerie. I have two friends that have admitted to wearing pantyhose to ?keep their legs warm? while hunting or fishing. I?d bet the barn, they and others have felt, smelled and tried on other pieces of lingerie. With some of us, it sticks. The most popular reading in our office wasn?t Playboy magazine. It was the Victoria Secret catalog. I?ve seen panties advertised for both men and women. I wear panties every day and believe so do many other men. My supportive wife enjoys seeing me dressed. We are different sizes, so I have all my own clothes from head to toe.

April Rose
12-05-2021, 12:02 PM
I don't know; for A hundred bucks they'd probably wear them to church.....

sometimes_miss
12-05-2021, 01:06 PM
I think this is simply a case, of because WE do something, we want to believe that everyone else does it too, in order to feel that we are 'normal'.
But no, I don't think that all other men try on women's clothing. Actually, the other way around; I think that most boys would be horrified to have any inclination to try on women's clothing. Most of us were very likely brought up being told that we were boys, 'men', and that to be feminine in any way was the most awful thing that we could be. Today, sports coaches and military drill sergeants still call males under their instruction 'ladies' or some other feminine term as a derogatory term to get us to 'measure up' to being virile, macho males, in order to get us to perform violent behavior of some sort to demonstrate how strong and aggressive we can be.
All to imbed a sense of shame for being anything less than that.

So no, to the OP's question, I don't think so.

chuck 1905
12-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Really, I wear sexy lace panties and thongs every day. I usually wear a bra 42B at home.

MarinaTwelve200
12-05-2021, 04:21 PM
I believe EVERY guy has wondered "I wonder what I would look like as a girl?" Most every guy has at least tried Lipstick or a dress on ---if only for a joke or for FUN. Only SOME of us get an erotic "charge" out of it.---and they become "classic" Cross Dressers.------------Yes, "Trans gendered," and "Gay" guys Cross Dress too,(Verb) but they are Gay or TG and do it for other reasons. A "Cross Dresser" is a straight guy who CDs.

DianeT
12-05-2021, 07:05 PM
If I thought that because I love to dress in female clothes every other male should do too, I would have to also accept the reverse: males thinking I'm a weirdo doing it since they would never have this idea for them.

But I want people to accept that I may be different from them. Well then, in turn I have to accept that they may be different from me.

So, no, I don't think every guy wants to or has worn female clothes, and like someone rightly said, even for those who did, their motivations may be entirely different from ours (as CDers).

Crissy 107
12-05-2021, 08:53 PM
I'd be willing to bet that a lot of guys have done this and won't admit it.
I agree with Kelli, and too bad for the guys that have never given it a try, they have no idea what they are missing.

Just yesterday my wife and I were over a friends house and during the conversation he said his mother really wanted him to be a girl. I thought hmmm

candykowal
12-05-2021, 08:55 PM
Absolutely...ALL men wear...or have worn women's clothes at least once in there life!
If it wasn't for the social constraints put on man, I have a feeling gender might be less defined.
It brings me back to those days when you would look at a person and thought they had a wonderful body, cute curly long hair....only to find when they turned there head, their mustache deflated your desire to snap their bra strap.
In the late 70's, I loved my long hair, bell bottoms, polyester slacks and satin shirts....gold chain, bracelets, and chunky high heels...for guys!
I could add a bra, make up and earrings with slacks with panty lines or a skirt and "POOF!!! ...instant girl...it was easy to transform.
Boy with older sisters and I am sure, every panty drawer got raided....you really had to be an instant adult to not go thru puberty, as a boy, and not wear lingerie!
I am pretty sure the odd were at least 10 to1. It really is only natural to be curious, after all!:battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
12-06-2021, 02:53 AM
Please just tell me why a normal curious male would DEFINTElY Not Try on Girls/Women's clothing ? The clothes won't bite them ! Its not Dangerous ! LOL
Even James Bond Happily gave it a try 325049

Keep telling yourself that if it makes u feel better about yourself.:heehee:
But, I KNOW it's not true. Because until I was 50, I never even THOT about trying on women's things!:eek:

Regular straight men, like I used to be, don't think about women's things. Except that they want to get women out of them!:o

Regular men r attracted to women's bodies, not their clothes. We think women look sexy in clothes because of their figures.:daydreaming:

Men, on the other hand, look ridiculous in women's things because few have natural fem figures. And, this includes quite a few dressers who think just throwing a dress on is a thrill. It may well be a thrill for them. But, it isn't for most men or dressers seeing u. Because most straight men are attracted to women and u may not look like one even in a dress!:straightface:

Connie D50
12-06-2021, 06:08 AM
I'm not sure on this one, I kind of agree with Taylor. I don't think a lot do, some of course but not a lot.

Mermaiden
12-06-2021, 07:47 AM
Fascinating question but impossible to answer. Points out how difficult and limited research is on human sexuality.

Cheryl T
12-06-2021, 10:31 AM
I have my doubts that the majority have done so, even with the huge population of sisters in the world.
One thing for sure is I'm not going to go and take a poll.

Kim Summers
12-07-2021, 05:40 AM
I agree with Kelli x

crobeson96
12-07-2021, 07:50 AM
There is supposed to be a famous scene from 'Guys and Dolls' in which Marlon Brando tries on a pair of ladies' gloves. The set was between takes when the Director noticed Brando fooling with the gloves and had the cameraman turn on the camera quietly. I've never found the clip but it supposedly was used in the movie.
I thought this anecdote captured the sentiment of this thread.
I certainly tried on my mother's long gloves when I was a kid, long before my 'little hobby' made itself apparent.

DanielleCD
12-07-2021, 10:22 AM
I have my doubts that many men have tried wearing women's clothing at all. I think we trying to project ourselves on half the population. I would suspect a small percentage beyond us CD/TG's have but, very few.

docrobbysherry
12-07-2021, 03:54 PM
No, Robbie, I'm sorry! I'm looking at them rite now as a man and a CD and I wish these women were wearing clothes that showed their fem figures.:daydreaming:

These look like cute, little, girl's nities to me. Not adult women's wear. As long as I can present a slim, fem, figure, I"ll have no desire to wear these!:straightface:

NancyJ
12-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Absolutely not. When a “regular guy” sees these pictures, he thinks about putting his hands on these women and having sex with one of them. A crossdresser’s first thought is about trying on what they are wearing. Mine is!

Geena75
12-07-2021, 04:33 PM
I think there is a difference between seeing a woman in a cute outfit and just seeing the outfit. At first glance of the pictures you posted, I saw the woman. In my second or third glance, I saw the outfit and start to wonder how it would feel to wear. The contrast between wondering how something silky would feel against me, and how the woman would feel against me.

Stephanie Voorhees
12-07-2021, 05:05 PM
I know all men don't try on women's clothes. I highly doubt most do, or even give women's clothes a second thought. I guarantee, however, that more men have tried them on than are willing to admit.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
12-07-2021, 07:31 PM
I have several friends who would NOT understand why I wear what I wear, but who have worn women's clothes for a halloween, talent show, or somesuch. And I gotta admit, I often wonder if any of my friends have a secret they'd rather I didn't know about. Maybe they're on this site and I don't know it?

Stephanie47
12-07-2021, 08:27 PM
"I bet almost all...." projects are fairly high majority. I think not! As a child of the 1950's and 1960's the idea of any sexuality other than straight with no deviation from the norm was the kiss of death. Back then wearing women's clothing branded a guy as gay, although the terminology was a lot more obscene and vulgar. Even the allegation of such behavior would cause a fist fight to preserve a guy's honor.

Crissy 107
12-07-2021, 09:08 PM
I have my doubts that the majority have done so, even with the huge population of sisters in the world.
One thing for sure is I'm not going to go and take a poll.

Come on Cheryl, I think you should :)

Melanie Sykes
12-08-2021, 09:33 AM
I think only a very small minority of men have tried on any item of women's clothes. As others have said, crossdressers wish we weren't so uncommon, but I believe we are. I think most men would be too afraid of damaging their self-image to let themselves even think of what it might feel like to wear something a woman would wear. Too afraid in case they liked it and ended up wanting to actually do it, and then what would that mean? Their fear of the unknown (and the unknowable, since "real men" aren't supposed to even wonder about such things) means that they fear the introspective questions it would raise. For most men it's more comfortable not to ever let themselves even consider it, and just dismiss any idea of crossdressing as something for the perverts and the nutters. This is just my theory - I have no real evidence to back it up, only the reactions of incredulity that the idea of crossdressing has been met with when it's occasionally and briefly come up in conversations over the years.

docrobbysherry
12-08-2021, 12:28 PM
You're WAY over thinking this Melanie. The reason men don't try on women's clothes is the same reason they don't take sewing lessons.

It's because the thot never occurs to them! :eek:

Genifer Teal
12-08-2021, 04:18 PM
I would agree some level of curiosity may exist about womens things. Could be big or small. May never be explored.

Claire81
12-08-2021, 08:46 PM
As a guess, I would say no. But if they haven't tried it is their loss, lol...

JustJennifer
12-08-2021, 09:13 PM
I suspect the true number is what some others here have said -- more men have tried it than will admit it, but that's still nowhere near the majority of men.

Without that need that most of us had before we even understood what it was, the motivation to break that taboo just isn't there for the average guy.

Patience
12-09-2021, 09:03 AM
One need only think of the vast diversity of human societies around the world to realize there are women who don't wear such clothing, much less the men. I mean, males from indigenous tribes are still male, right?

Just another sweeping generalization brought about by wishful thinking. Sorry.

Lacey New
12-10-2021, 07:38 AM
I actually think that a fair number of men have probably tried on some articles of Women?s clothing at least once in their lives. Most likely for some kind of costume party or Halloween or perhaps simply out of curiosity and a young boy. And while many may have done it, only a relative few of us have become addicted to it.

Sometimes Steffi
12-11-2021, 12:27 AM
I remember in the second grade, one of the so-called "tough kids" wore red nail polish to school. He tried to convince us that it was crayon, be we were all unconvinced because his little sister was wearing the same color. So it's pretty easy to guess why he wore it. We razzed him so much that I doubt he would ever do anything femme again. Plus, when the tough kids that he hung out with saw him, he probably got razzed even more.

Tania75
12-11-2021, 12:48 AM
I know a few guy's that think that crossdressing is for the sick and perverted. Yes, they are very narrowminded, and think that if people don't think the way that they do, then it's all the other persons problem. I am related to a couple of those people, so I have to be careful what I say.

kellyanne
12-11-2021, 04:22 PM
No Way / non/ nein / nyet

They don't believe the " I lost a bet schtick" to explain being dolled out in 3 " pumps either.

LelaK
12-11-2021, 04:49 PM
In the 1960s there was an all-boys 4H club in my hometown area. One year they all dressed as girls for a 4H play. I guess they enjoyed it. I was in a different club, mixed genders. We did a play too. Our theme was a hillbilly wedding. My sister dressed as the best man and I dressed as the maid of honor. I certainly enjoyed my part.

I just noticed that crobeson96 mentioned a Marlon Brando movie called Guys and Dolls. That was the name of our 4H club! I never heard of the movie before. I see it's from 1955, so that must be where our 4H club name came from.

By the way, I imagine most men have probably at least thought about wearing women's clothes at least once or twice, because movies and tv have been showing men dressed and made up as women at least since tv began. It was considered humorous. Nearly everyone has watched such portrayals and I don't see how men would not have at least had a brief thought about crossdressing as a result of watching.

NjJamie
12-11-2021, 06:11 PM
Lela, I agree and the question we should be looking at is motivation. I started dressing on my own at about 12 or 13, slowly built up to finally visiting a makeup store earlier this week, 47 years after that first time. About 2 years prior my mother dressed my brother and I as young girls for a Halloween contest at church, I can still remember the outfit which was borrowed from the girl next door along with some black patent go-go boots.

When my brother was in college, he and his frat brothers dressed as cheerleaders, borrowed uniforms and full makeup (courtesy of the schools cheerleading squad) for a big Halloween event and to the best of my knowledge that was the only time he did so.

The big difference between the two is that I had completely different motivations and more importantly I kept going back to the well. Any look at the two would see a huge difference but to the question posed, we both wore women's clothing at some time in our lives and I think the focus should be on the motivations and evolution. Clearly the same label or designation doesn't fit both of us, but that is only just a label and looking at why someone is doing something might drive the discussion further.

Geena75
12-11-2021, 10:37 PM
We tend to view something like this through Cross-dresser coloured glasses. Not every guy who puts on a piece of women's clothing feels what we do. I think of a summer camp where, at the end of the two weeks, the male camp counselors dressed up like girls for a comedy bit. None did it again.

Likewise, my daughters' school used to have opposite day during a homecoming week, where the guys dressed up as girls. Again, nothing permanent happened.

As a contrast, I veered away from any such activity in my youth. I knew I had the urge, and didn't want to feed it.

AnnieMac
12-12-2021, 07:55 AM
Yes, all have.

Beverley Sims
12-13-2021, 10:07 AM
In the 50s probably about half have considered wearing something,but since the internet.....

Look at Youtube, Ebay and silicone boobs that are available. Someone must be buying them.

Nowdays I would sat most men or boys have dressed up in female clothing.

Heather2die4
12-13-2021, 05:51 PM
It really comes down to honesty and power. Women's clothing, like anything feminine, has a unique power to make us feel a different way. That power is universally appealing. THen it takes honesty to admit we like seeing ourselves in a new light and feeling this way. THen social pressure, conformity, and "what would my friends think" kicks in. It was my deep dark secret for more than a decade. Lots of shame but so much fun to be me.

I have no doubt that many more boys and men than we all think have crossdressed. My guess would be 70 percent or more. Just a guess. THe other 69% just don't talk about it. Doesn't that make you feel special?

Girly bride
12-22-2021, 04:28 AM
Yes I think most men have in the past or would even like to try them

Jane G
12-22-2021, 06:58 AM
I believe EVERY guy has wondered "I wonder what I would look like as a girl?" Most every guy has at least tried Lipstick or a dress on ---if only for a joke or for FUN. Only SOME of us get an erotic "charge" out of it.---and they become "classic" Cross Dressers.------------Yes, "Trans gendered," and "Gay" guys Cross Dress too,(Verb) but they are Gay or TG and do it for other reasons. A "Cross Dresser" is a straight guy who CDs.

It's a much broader spectrum than you list Maria. I'm certain that there are plenty of TG folk out there that don't present as such in every day life, are happily married etc. There is so much more to life than what we wear and even, dare I say, how we present to others after all.

Whether other males have tried on female clothing, who knows. I dare say many will have for a dare or a joke and then just got on with their lives.