PDA

View Full Version : Why are pantyhose so addictive

lindsayhose
12-05-2021, 06:02 PM
I have been crossdressing for over 30 years now started in my teens and 1 thing I never understood was my need and desire to wear pantyhose they are the staple in my dressing after all these years I love them just as much as when I first started any thoughts ❤

Erin77
12-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Because the feel so dang good on your shaved legs!

MonicaPVD
12-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Yes, to me they feel fantastic. The constriction and tactile feedback that pantyhose offer prove comforting to some personality types or simply increase sensory awareness of your legs and clothing. The irony is that modern women have largely ditched pantyhose precisely because that constriction is deemed oppresive by them. You won't find many women under 55 wearing sheer hose anywhere. Opaque tights in colder climates are a whole different animal. Those are widely accepted and embraced because they presumably help keep legs warm.

PaulaJeanette
12-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Lindsay, your title captures it all...addicted!

Bianca Fay
12-05-2021, 07:06 PM
Pantyhose are a seductive mistress that appeals to all 5 senses: touch, sight, sound, smell, and taste!!!
A woman wearing pantyhose is irresistible. I personally wear pantyhose to feel a connection with females

Maria 60
12-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Addiction isn't even the word. My wife at times has yield at me "give your legs a break, let them breathe a little". I would at times wear pantyhose all day and tights to bed and this would go on for days.
I knew how real my addiction was when I was younger and we moved house, we had to stay a few weeks at a relatives house and I was forced to trash all my stuff and live out of a luggage for a while. I couldn't except not having any pantyhose in my position, a few days later I had to buy a pair and have them in my luggage. Even though I couldn't wear them it was like I couldn't live without having a pair. That was creepy to me and a real eye opener at how real this all is.

MarieTS
12-05-2021, 08:01 PM
Monica is correct in that most women have shed their pantyhose. Sadly, younger ladies do not even know what they are missing. To me, bare legs just are not as pretty. PH are not at all uncomfortable, so removing them as a wardrobe staple is short sighted. I fully transitioned some time ago and despite not being ancient, lol, I continue to wear hose as appropriate. Perhaps they'll make a comeback just like hem lengths! :daydreaming:

Geena75
12-05-2021, 10:19 PM
I totally love pantyhose. I have been hooked on sheer energy for decades. I love the way they hug my legs, all the way down to my toes. I love the way they feel when I run my fingers down them. I love the way they look. Uh oh, now I wish I had them on right now.

Karren H
12-05-2021, 10:55 PM
Personally, I have never like pantyhose! Just kind of a hassle then I am already wearing a girdle and a corset.. So it's thigh highs or stockings or nothing for me! Have not owned a pair of pantyhose for over 10 years......

NancySue
12-05-2021, 11:45 PM
To this day, I can remember the first time I put on a pair of pantyhose. WOW. Wore them when dressed and underneath for years. I have a stash of sheer nylon stockings, pantyhose and thigh highs. Sometimes, I?m indecisive which to wear. Erin is so right..feel great?even better, applying scented lotion after shaving, then slowly slipping them on is exhilarating. Hanes Silk Reflections forever. My wife quit wearing them, says they?re uncomfortable. I just smile.

Stephanie47
12-06-2021, 02:08 AM
For in-home hosiery it is traditional garter stockings attached to a garter girdle or thigh highs. When I have the opportunity to take an evening drive and stroll I will wear pantyhose for reasons of modesty if the occasional should arise.

docrobbysherry
12-06-2021, 02:39 AM
NOT one of my dressing fetishes. They tear and ladder so easily!:doh:

Traded them years ago for skin tones tites. Cover better and so much tuffer!:thumbsup:

bridget thronton
12-06-2021, 02:53 AM
I agree with Karen and prefer thigh highs to panty hose

Nylon Wendy
12-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Pantyhose were the first female item of clothing I ever tried on, I remember the smooth feel of that sheer tan nylon on my legs to this day as I walked around my mum's bedroom in them. They have been my favourite item of female clothing ever since and I'm wearing a pair right now.

Kris Burton
12-06-2021, 04:07 AM

Erin - yes it's that simple. When i dress fully, it's always my favorite aspect. I put them on slowly, enjoying and savoring the sensation.I enjoy touching them after they are on as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Erin is so right..feel great?even better, applying scented lotion after shaving, then slowly slipping them on is exhilarating. .
An excellent suggestion - anything to enhance the feeling... hmmm... I don't usually underdress, but I think I'm going to this morning!

Debbie Denier
12-06-2021, 04:21 AM
Simply the best and how the journey started. Love them all sheers, opaque, control top, PH tights have fascinated me all my life. They look and feel great. Less hassle than stockings with garters. One of my delights is to wear a pair of ladies tights. They are lovely soft and sheer. I prefer it when they are 15 denier. My favourite shade is black . You can call me Jill instead of Jack.

Linda K.
12-06-2021, 04:35 AM
I love the way they hide imperfections in my legs and how they feel like they are hugging me at the same time. Just fantastic!!

DebbieCD
12-06-2021, 04:48 AM

ABSOLUTELY! The first time I completely shaved my legs and put my hold-up stockings on, I just couldn't believe the feeling! It's weird how a small layer of hair completely deadens most feelings on the skin.

Of course, I'm not so much into pantyhose, as stockings. Not only do they feel great, but they make my legs look AWESOME especially with the lace tops and paired with heels.

Sandi Beech
12-06-2021, 06:40 AM
Lindsay, pantyhose is what got me going initially many years ago as well. We had moved into a new house when I was in high school and a lot of things got mixed up in the move. A brand new package of pantyhose somehow ended up in my closet. I occasionally looked at the wrapper for many months before I believed they were abandoned. I finally put them on and it was a real trill. That was a decade before I would fully dress.

The odd thing about pantyhose is that it is amazing how much trouble that thin little garment can get me in trouble with my wife.

Sandi

sara66
12-06-2021, 07:15 AM
Tights, pantyhose or stockings, they are all good. I love the feel and the way they make my legs look.
Sara

Paulie Birmingham
12-06-2021, 07:51 AM
I love wearing ph. My wife not so much. She thinks cds and old people are the only ones keeping the business going. No women in her office wear ph. And with new relaxed dressing guidelines, almost noone wears skirts or dresses anymore.

MonicaPVD
12-06-2021, 08:17 AM
Paulie, your wife is correct. PH are the domain of senior citizens and crossdressers. Contemporary cis women have no use for them.

GretchenM
12-06-2021, 08:34 AM
Monica is right in her first post in this thread. Psychologists confirm about the sensory pick-me-up, especially with some males.

When in high school I wore them when skiing on really cold days. They helped, but back then pantyhose where thicker. Now they just make me sweat a lot along with feeling great. I rarely wear them. But I have worn knee highs when I was having lower leg circulation problems several years ago. Tights and leggings work better for me, but strangely I don't seem to sweat as much. I don't get it. Why would nylon pantyhose make me sweat and tights don't? Maybe there is some psycho-sexual stuff going on with pantyhose. Hmmm.

Foxy Lady
12-06-2021, 08:59 AM
One of the first item I wore were nylon stockings, got hooked and have worn nylons or pantyhose ever since.

Natalie5004
12-06-2021, 09:07 AM
Nude pantyhose with no panties are to die for when wearing certain types of dresses.

Vale
12-06-2021, 09:24 AM
I?m a stay at home dresser, and a stockings and garters type of girl. Even more out of fashion than pantyhose but definitely feel the best on me. ? vale

Ressie
12-06-2021, 10:25 AM
I also usually go for gartered stockings. Although Pantyhose are better with short skirts. I like the way the top part looks around my waist and seeing panties thru the material! Very fem

Cheryl T
12-06-2021, 10:28 AM
As someone who's had this addiction for over 6 decades all I can say is I'm always surprised by how many women no longer wear hosiery.
The feel of it on your skin and to the touch (especially the touch) and the way they make your legs look is incredible.

cosmolovesph
12-06-2021, 02:39 PM
I love them, see my screen name? LOL but seriously, the smoothing, the fit, the finish, the ability to change how you look or The shine with some really dress up your legs really makes your outfit go together. I am seeing more younger wearing again, more in the way of tights and some sheer tights.

April Rose
12-06-2021, 03:58 PM
Let's face it, young women with great legs don't really need hose. Now that the the bare legged look has been accepted for clubwear and dressier occasions they are only going to wear them if it's part of a particular, usually dark coordinated outfit. Pantyhose were once a mandatory thing for work and dressier functions, but women aren't going to be dictated to in that way any more. Pantyhose have gotten a negative reputation with women because of those mandates.

I notice that there is still a Wolford's store in my area. I suspect their customer base is older women who are needing some help in the legs area, and can afford high end hosiery as part of their formal wear choices, and people like us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people marketing these products are aware of how much of a percentage of their customer base we constitute. I'll bet, at this point, it's significant.

Charlotte Haynes
12-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Monica, They do in Europe. Young and old.

KymG
12-06-2021, 05:40 PM
So whats the difference between pantyhose and tights? Is it just Us and Uk wording for the same thing?

Bianca Fay
12-06-2021, 07:17 PM
I love wearing ph. My wife not so much. She thinks cds and old people are the only ones keeping the business going. No women in her office wear ph. And with new relaxed dressing guidelines, almost noone wears skirts or dresses anymore.

UK Tights is literally the world's largest online hosiery shop. In a blog written by UK Tights last year, they claimed that 40 - 45% of their customers are men.

To be realistic that doesn't necessarily mean that all those men are buying pantyhose for themselves... some may be purchasing for their wives, GFs, etc. Having said that, I think it's safe to assume that the vast majority are truly buying hose for themselves to wear.

Even yet, there are legions of males who enjoy wearing pantyhose but don't identify as being a CD. Donning pantyhose in itself is an act of crossdressing but if that's the full extent of their dressing, my humble opinion is that they aren't CDs, they're just men who like wearing pantyhose.

alwayshave
12-06-2021, 07:17 PM
I wear stockings and they are addictive as well.

Judy-Somthing
12-06-2021, 07:28 PM
I won't say why I love them but, I just hate how easily they get runs, oops another $7.

Bianca Fay
12-06-2021, 07:43 PM
Sorry, just wanted to add another thought to my recent reply...

Although women don't wear pantyhose as often anymore, there are still many who continue buying and wearing hosiery. The high percentage of male customers online (according to the UK Tights statistic) makes sense. Men shop online for privacy reasons or embarrassment. When a lady needs a new pair of nylons, she simply buys a pair or two at the mall, grocery store, etc.

ellbee
12-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Every now & then my passion for hose/tights will heat up, randomly & sporadically. :thumbsup:

I just go with the flow. Though it does mean that much more lower-body maintenance... And sometimes I'm just not willing to put in the time & effort! :roflmao:

Nope, for a number of years now, I'm *waaaaaay* more into leggings! :GD:

Seriously, a lot of GG's have traded in their tight-stretchy-things-on-their-legs in the form of hose, for leggings! :p

So, it's not that the basic premise isn't there... Because it is. It's just that it's taken on a new life of its own.

JaneAshland
12-06-2021, 08:59 PM
Personally, I have never like pantyhose! Just kind of a hassle then I am already wearing a girdle and a corset.. So it's thigh highs or stockings or nothing for me! Have not owned a pair of pantyhose for over 10 years......

You are a true woman! When I dress, its 80% fetish and 20% woman! I could easily go less fetish, I and I would love to, but life does not allow me that pleasure.

countrygirl
12-06-2021, 09:24 PM
Love wearing pantyhose. Feels so nice.

Sandra_Dodds
12-06-2021, 09:43 PM
Interesting that you should say addictive as that's how my wife views crossdressing - it's something I could give up if I really wanted to, just like smoking. Yeah right.

For me, it's very much a sensory thing. I love how they look on my legs, how they feel, even the cool temperature on pantyhose covered legs gives an endorphin rush (it's not a sexual turn on if you can appreciate the difference). That constriction that some talk of, I would describe as a glove-like feeling - it feels comforting. The range in pantyhose is also far more appealing than boring old male trousers. Do I wear opaque, sheer, patterned, coloured, black, tan etc. I swear I'd collect them the way some women collect shoes if I had the room to store them and time to wear them. So may they are addictive, who knows!

BLUE ORCHID
12-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Hi Lyndsay, See line #2 in my Signature, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

JaneAshland
12-06-2021, 10:00 PM
I wear PH or tights every time I dress, not sure if I'd dress without....PH started it all with me, and the basis that build each outfit that I wear. I just love the silky feeling of my clothing (dresses,jeans, leatherette leggings etc etc...) rubbing against my hose, with every movement. I have no idea why women dumped them.

Pantyhose Queen
12-06-2021, 10:21 PM
I am always wearing Pantyhose. They are to me very comfortable if you take the time to find the right size and brand. They also make the leg look almost flawless.

If I had to give up everything else about CDing, Pantyhose are the one thing I could never give up. So delicate and soft.

MonicaPVD
12-06-2021, 10:23 PM
So whats the difference between pantyhose and tights? Is it just Us and Uk wording for the same thing?

Technically, pantyhose tend to be more sheer and tights more opaque. Opacity can be a combination of heavier yarn (higher denier) and/or denser knitting. In reality, many people use both words to describe whatever it is they slide over their legs.

Misty_cder
12-07-2021, 02:40 PM
For me, the feeling of nylons or tights on freshly shaven legs is euphoric.

it's Kirsty!
12-07-2021, 05:16 PM
Always tights. Or 'hose'! Both non-sexy descriptions. Nothing glamorous or OTT about being a woman when I could pretend to be, just regular women's clothes. Never having to worry about holdups showing when sitting down in a short skirt. Makes sense

ellbee
12-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Technically, pantyhose tend to be more sheer and tights more opaque. Opacity can be a combination of heavier yarn (higher denier) and/or denser knitting.

And then you can get into that middle ground... A hose/tights hybrid! :thumbsup:

Maybe something in a true 40-50 denier range -- preferably at least decent-quality?

Also, some lightweight performance leggings (again, at least decent-quality), can seriously take the hose/tights feeling to a whole new realm! :c9:

But yeah, anything of this nature can be quite sensual -- and addictive. :devil:

Some sort of physiological thingy? :strugglin

Rachael Fernandez
12-07-2021, 06:47 PM
It is not pantyhose I am addicted to, rather the soft , sensuous and silky material against my legs. Yes, I wear ph regularly because they are quicker and easier to put on. However, when I have more time and I am dressing more for my enjoyment stockings and suspenders are my chosen attire. I find them much more feminine than ph. I love every bit about them; especially sitting down and rolling them up my legs and attaching them to the suspenders, or OBG.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
12-07-2021, 07:26 PM
Love thigh-highs and a garter belt for the look and the feel. Love tights and leggings for the look and the warmth (and the feel). Leggings I'll wear around friends but not usually in public, although I'll wear any of the above in public under jeans. Lately, at least when I'm home with no one but my amazing wife around, I'm more into the fishnet pantyhose and bodystockings. Don't know why, just my latest thing.

Kitty Sue
12-07-2021, 10:45 PM
While I do enjoy stockings with garters for certain occasions, generally I prefer to wear pantyhose or tights.

sometimes_miss
12-07-2021, 11:05 PM
There's just something really nice, about feeling the the cool, subtle sliding of a slip or skirt, on a stockinged leg. Pantyhose of course, also moves just a bit on the panties underneath, and the shoes and feet and anything else they touch, it gives that unmistakable tactile sensation, physical feedback telling me that I'm wearing girl clothes, which helps overcome the GID. I usually wear either stay up stockings, garters, or pantyhose whenever I'm dressed as a female, with the occasional white socks substituted for my cheerleader outfits.

Lorna
12-08-2021, 07:42 AM
Tights (especially sheer tights) and stockings are both very much a key part of dressing for me. It goes back to my formative years which, in the UK, covered the period before tights, when stockings attached to suspenders were standard legwear, right through the transition to the time (around 1970 onwards) when stockings were completely replaced by tights for "normal" everyday wear. I like to enjoy the re-enactment of that period, choosing tights when a shorter skirt demands them (as did women of that 1960s transition period) or stockings when longer skirts allowed.
Control top tights I find preferable to standard tights because they stay up better and tend not to roll over at the waist - though my figure needs a panty girdle anyway. Stockings worn with a suspender belt give a great feeling of freedom, especially under light, loose skirts and dresses but, just as the 1960s women found, a girdle - in my case a firm, high-waist one - is needed. I agree with all the positive comments made about the feelings produced both by tights and stockings and I also understand why women found tights easier to wear than stockings and why they preferred not to have to wear girdles and suspenders. What makes the whole thing so fascinating - and perhaps addictive - is being able to experience all the clothing sensations that women enjoy (or dislike!) which are so much more varied and interesting than those experienced in male clothing.

Monique65
12-08-2021, 07:50 AM
Stockings and PH were my first femme attire. I would borrow my mother’s or sister’s nylons and admire myself in a full length mirror. I still get a rush from slipping into them.

Debs
12-08-2021, 09:25 AM
Hold ups for me all the way, my mom wore tights, its an old woman thing ive got going on in my head, lol

Kelli_cd
12-08-2021, 11:05 AM
I agree with donetimes_miss. The feeling of my clothes sliding across the ph or stockings just feels so nice. Luxurious, I guess.

Felicia M
12-09-2021, 02:17 PM
There is something about them. The texture, the feel, the warmth, the indulgent luxury. They were my first love and as they say...you never forget your first love. So true.

Dianna_ericka
12-11-2021, 05:41 PM
My first item were yellow tights at 5 years old, that made me realized about the feeling of this garment while wearing it, immediately it opened my eyes to women legs and their pantyhose which pull my attention and very soon I was searching for the opportunity to try a pair on myself. Originally I thought that tights felt good, but Pantyhose are several levels up and I fall in love.
Even that those that I can reach from my aunt were to big for me, te experience and look were addictive and enjoyable.
Nowadays Pantyhose are not a fashion trending, but I do not care, they are my crossdressing engine.
I use them all the time, and I will always do.
I love to crossdress at whatever level, but the minimum acceptable for me is a pair of Pantyhose.

Bruce64
12-12-2021, 07:21 AM
It's Nylon and Spandex, if it was Cotton you won't like them. Besides that we Girls have soft and sensitive skin that loves Nylon, it's electrifying.

Kathi-Anne
12-12-2021, 01:48 PM
Pantyhose are what got me started. I love the gripping feeling I get from my waist down to my toes. I think pantyhose feel electrically yummy 😊.
NylonKath

Kimberly A.
12-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Oh yes, definitely a thread I can relate to..... I could talk about hosiery all day! LOL My love and passion for pantyhose started when I was a LITTLE boy! I've always loved them..... I spend every waking moment in pantyhose or tights and I sometimes even sleep in them. LOL I mean, NOTHING compares to the yummy, silky smooth feeling of pantyhose on freshly shaved legs! :bs: (Although it's almost time for me to shave mine again. LOL) Nylons are definitely the staple in my feminine wardrobe, I never go without a pair on my legs. ;) And I don't give a hoot if they're not "in fashion!" :bs:

I'm also one who started CD'ing because of pantyhose. Call me old-fashioned, but hose just looks better with dresses or skirts than bare legs, not to mention the AMAZING feeling of a nice, silky dress or skirt brushing against your nylon legs as you walk. :bs: Oh, also as I've discovered sheer mesh leggings, which I do own a black pair of those and intend on getting some more in the future, I think a pair of suntan pantyhose looks and feels amazing under those as well! LOL

Oh fudge, I remembered I forgot to answer the question. LOL..... Anyway, I'd say the reason why pantyhose are so addictive, is just the simple feeling of the soft, silky nylon on your legs. But yeah, they ARE addictive for those of us who love them. I honestly can't stand to NOT have on a pair of pantyhose or tights, although I like sheer pantyhose better than opaque tights. When I'm not wearing them, my legs literally crave them! LOL

Kathi-Anne
12-12-2021, 04:45 PM
My thoughts exactly😊

Kimberly A.
12-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Kathi-Anne: :thumbup:

jeniinnylons
12-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Like many others they were the first item of women?s things I was drawn to. I definitely have a addiction to dressing but sometimes just pantyhose will do.

Paula_56
12-16-2021, 09:58 AM
There are a lot of good answers here

I'd like to add that are exclusively female, and made to accentuate femininity

There use to be a no-nonsense pantyhose commercial that had a background chorus that sang "we make you feel more female" "we make you feel more female" "we make you feel more female" while the announce extolled the features of no nonsense hose.

(sigh)

Diedre
12-17-2021, 10:29 AM
After puberty fully kicked in , I couldn't pass in a dark room full of people wearing sunglasses. But I still like to wear lingerie and pantyhose is a big part of that. I love the way they hug my legs and rear. And the sensuous feeling of nylon legs rubbing against one another is to die for.

These days with my wife's approval I lounge around many nights in a pair of L'eggs Sheer Energy STW pantyhose and a nylon nightgown.

Kathi-Anne
12-17-2021, 01:30 PM
" Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs",Diedre!😊

DanielleCD
12-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Pantyhose, yoga pants, anything soft, smooth, compressive and silky just feels so nice.

Leohose
12-17-2021, 07:34 PM
Pantyhose are what got me started. I love the gripping feeling I get from my waist down to my toes. I think pantyhose feel electrically yummy 😊.
NylonKath
Yes those with a leotard to grip even more

freeindress
12-17-2021, 07:45 PM
Yoga pants on the yoga mat, and sometimes in winter leggings for outdoor running or opaque pantyhose under a skirt.

Heather2die4
12-18-2021, 08:05 AM
Pantyhose have been my drug of choice since I started dressing at 13. Not only do they stimulate all five senses but it's what they represent. All things feminine and beautiful. The feeling of pantyhose over shaved skin is just electric.

I keep mine in two groups: New, for wearing with skirts and dresses, and run for underdressing.

Kathi-Anne
12-18-2021, 03:46 PM
I do the same thing,Geena! I also love to spider my fingers along the soles of my pantyhose feet.😊

- - - Updated - - -

OMG, I'm loving all the responses.!!
"The few,the proud,the PANTYHOSED"

jacques
12-20-2021, 07:16 AM
hello Lindsay,
I started crossdressing by wearing tights(Pantyhose) - I was young and did not know I was crossdressing - I just wanted to be Robin Hood!
luv J

saraleehanes
12-20-2021, 11:38 AM
Look at my name. Hosiery hooked me early and it will seem (or seam) forever. So many have said it well. I love women in hosiery too.

brenda_s
12-20-2021, 12:32 PM
Enjoy the feeling and comfort of a pair of control-top mildly supportive hose (20-30 denier). Sheer enough, yet firm. Find them comfortable to wear and the mild compression is a delight.

Currently wearing a pair of Nordstrom Light Support pantyhose with an above the knee skirt and slip while I work.

dbweb
12-21-2021, 04:12 PM
I started wearing Pantie Hose many years ago, when told my leg circulation was so poor that I needed to wear support hose to avoid other issues. At first I hated it but over time, gained a fondness to this need for daily hose. Interesting that soon after I started to wear these, I went away from my typical men's briefs to women's panties as the fly material was causing an irritation under the control top of my medical grade support hose. I even tried using a garter belt and body glue for stockings as opposed to the pantie hose, but ended up wearing the full brief panties under the support top of my stockings as the best choice. As I grew older, a combination of prostrate meds, and low T resulted in substantial breast development, so for the past 10 years, I also wear a bra daily.
There are days when I wonder why I just don't start dressing as female completely, but so far, other than ladies jeans, I am still in guy mode as my family would not appreciate a sudden change in outward appearances it seems.

Jolene G
01-09-2022, 08:10 PM
I love the look and feel of pantyhose. I would wear them 24/7 if I could.

Davina2833
01-10-2022, 03:51 AM
Kelli,

I agree with you. It appears that your photo (#55 post) is in a SOMA dressing room. If so isn't that great. P.M. me.

Davina

Wendy-Lyn
01-10-2022, 05:35 AM
I have never really been a fan of panty-hose - but I've recently discovered the silky joy of pull-up stockings. I bought two pairs of knee-highs recently and have practically lived in them since. And they make my shoes feel so much more comfortable to wear than in bare feet or socks.
I did, however, buy a pair of black fish-net panty-hose today, to go with my little black mini-dress.

Gillian Gigs
01-10-2022, 01:18 PM
Silky knees highs are a nice option often, I wear them regularly. Pantyhose are good for keeping the legs warm in Canadian winters. That's a good excuse! There is something about the feel that does keep me coming back to that wonderful feeling on the legs. I wear hosiery way more often than my wife does. She thinks I'm crazy...

il.dso
01-10-2022, 02:16 PM
Pantyhose now, pantyhose forever!

Emleeboy
01-10-2022, 04:50 PM
To me the best part of pantyhose is the act of putting them on? there is just something about how that moment can completely transform me..

Bianca Fay
01-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Further to Emleeboy's comment, the act of putting on a pair of pantyhose is sensational, but equally so is watching a woman slipping into her hosiery.

I'm aware of the fact that most (if not all) ladies consider putting on their own pantyhose to be an ungraceful and slightly embarrassing spectacle (ie. The often-required ritual of tugging, lunging, and squatting). I've even had two GFs, while getting dressed in front of me, say that it's impossible for a woman to put on pantyhose in a sexy way... I politely disagreed with both of them on the two separate occasions. The gleam in my eyes and the smile on my face quickly convinced them that I was being truthful.

Having said that, I have personally worn pantyhose in the company of several women over the years, but I have never once put them on while they were watching!! I'm very aware of my own hypocritical double-standard!

CynthiaD
01-11-2022, 10:33 AM
I?ve had many misadventures in my life and my legs are pretty beat up. But a pair of sheer pantyhose make my legs look fabulous! I also love how they feel! Yeah, I?m adicted.

And they give me a perfect tuck!

DanielleCD
01-11-2022, 10:42 AM
Remember the first time you shaved your legs.... and then slipped on stockings or pantyhose. Absolutely exquisite!

Debbie Denier
01-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Agree with Cecily and Emmaleeboy. The act of putting on pantyhose/ tights is out of this world . I too think it is a private moment. My mother always dressed in her bedroom but kept her pantyhose/tights downstairs and put them on in front of me as a child and never batted an eyelid.I think that is what got me started. Definitely learned the technique of rolling them up each leg gently and then pulling up the waist band carefully to avoid runs and ladders.My wife and previous girlfriends never mastered the technique as well as I did.I learnt from the best.

delta47
01-29-2022, 06:51 PM
Original attraction was because they look so damn good on women. Now I have at least a dozen pairs while my wife has about four

Kathi-Anne
01-30-2022, 07:01 PM
Pantyhose is my drug! I'm a victim of the nylon gene!

dawnmarrie1961
01-31-2022, 12:22 AM
Nylon is a poor man's silicone. When you're wearing them you imagine you have a woman's soft and silky legs. Nylon is a lot cheaper than silicone. Silicone pants run around 2 to 3 hundred dollars. You can pick up a cheap pair of nylons for a dollar at the store down the block.

Wendy-Lyn
01-31-2022, 01:03 AM
Remember the first time you shaved your legs.... and then slipped on stockings or pantyhose. Absolutely exquisite!

I do - it was just this morning!

And you are right - it is exquisite.

1Ladyjade
01-31-2022, 01:39 AM
The original question was about pantyhose. I currently don't have any. All I have are thigh highs and garter belts. But the feeling of the nylon on clean shaved skin is still exquisite. I love that feeling of sliding them on. It's so sentual I love it.

VeronicaB
01-31-2022, 10:08 AM
Tights (I'm British) are probably one of the first items of women's clothing that we ever try. In my opinion, apart from bra's, there's nothing more dedicated as a female clothing item. Knickers and underpants can resemble each other. Blouses and shirts can be similar. Even kilts can be classed as skirts but are male items. I don't think there's any male equivalent of tights. Also, you can forget that you're wearing knickers under your male attire, but you never forget you're wearing tights. I love them.

Barbara Jo
01-31-2022, 03:50 PM
FWIW......
Speaking to various females when most all gals wore panty hose..
They really loved the sensuous feeling that panty hose gave them.

However, there are two major reasons why they ultimately lost favor with the female masses.

1) They were prone to have runs.
Back in the early '70s, there was product that you washed pantyhose in that made them wear much better.. preventing most runs.
However, females hated how this wash made the pantyhose feel when wearing them. They no longer had the sensuous feeling that they loved.
So, the wash product was short lived.

2) Panty hose made it difficult to use any rest room.
Personally, I get around this. I carefully remove the crotch from panty hose and wear my panties over them. Problem solved.

Anyway, I rarely wear panty hose in pubic during the hot summer. However, I will wear them during colder weather

1Ladyjade
01-31-2022, 08:08 PM
I was having this conversation earlier today. Mine was more along the lines of how when a CD hears a GG complaining about having to wear pantyhose the CD gurl is aghast. Then it spiraled into living in the south women don't wear pantyhose. But northern girls do.

Ginawannabe
02-01-2022, 12:17 PM
Pantyhose are the most exciting piece of clothing I wear. I love the feel of the nylon against my body. If a could I would wear them everyday. Don't understand why women don't like them.

Karen G
02-01-2022, 06:02 PM
For me it's a little different, don't get me wrong, I like pantyhose a lot, but I absolutely love the way my shaved legs feel out in the open. Miniskirt on bare legs, that's my addiction!

JulieC
02-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Pantyhose are the most exciting piece of clothing I wear. I love the feel of the nylon against my body. If a could I would wear them everyday. Don't understand why women don't like them.

Pantyhose are a very different experience for women than they are for MtF crossdressers. In some sense, pantyhose are just socks for women. They're just a piece of clothing. For many of us, they have a rather dramatically different sense. For me, they are something uniquely feminine, and something that makes my legs look very feminine. It's important to me to feel this way, to allow my inner femme self to be expressed. Women don't experience this. As much as we might not understand why many women don't like pantyhose, many women would not understand why we like to wear pantyhose.

There are women who enjoy wearing pantyhose. It's not alllll women who hate them. My wife enjoys wearing pantyhose, for example. I also routinely see women wearing pantyhose while seated, and occasionally softly rubbing their legs. I think this is a bit subconscious perhaps, and think they are enjoying the feel. Even among young women, I frequently see women wearing pantyhose. It's not a majority, or even a large minority, but I see it enough to know it's still a fashion choice for some young women. I saw two such 20-something women today.

Bianca Fay
02-05-2022, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=JulieC;4565508]Pantyhose are a very different experience for women than they are for MtF crossdressers. In some sense, pantyhose are just socks for women. They're just a piece of clothing.

Although I agree with your statement, I also think that some women - on occasion - take a step back and realize that wearing hosiery can be an exciting part of their wardrobe.

I once dated a woman who had left her pantyhose in my bedroom after spending the night. Several days later I told her that in addition to wearing them myself, I had first slept with them under my pillow! She laughed and said "What?!! Pantyhose are like socks! You actually slept with them?!!". I told her that pantyhose are not like socks... pantyhose caress a woman's body from the waist down... hips, bum, sexy bits, thighs, legs, knees, calves, feet, and toes.

She paused for a moment and thought about what I said. Then she started questioning me about how they looked on me and how they felt while wearing them. At this point in the conversation, she began talking about how nice pantyhose feel and how silky they are. She talked about what she personally enjoyed about them and finally said "I get why you want to wear them".

We were a couple for 3 and a half years. During that time, she always wore pantyhose around me and would give me her nylons after they developed runs.

I bump into her occasionally in our small town. And she still wears pantyhose.

Leohose
02-06-2022, 08:10 PM
I am always wearing Pantyhose. They are to me very comfortable if you take the time to find the right size and brand. They also make the leg look almost flawless.

If I had to give up everything else about CDing, Pantyhose are the one thing I could never give up. So delicate and soft.
It?s hard to resist the pull of the hose like the first time you see a dancer in a leotard the lines of their legs gracefully covered in tights or pantyhose perfection

Brianne_bc
02-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Have you eve tried these silky oily glossy pantyhose from china, bought on ebay? Ive recently tried these they actually have an opening in the front which my wife likes and feel so slippery when you wear them.

Fiona Lindum
03-31-2022, 02:15 PM
I love the feel of tights on my legs. I may occasionally wear stockings but it is a bit of a fiddle with the suspender belt.

rian
03-31-2022, 03:00 PM
You are completely right ,,they are really addictive and soothing ,,,I've been using them for over a decade ,,,, they are my medicine

Crystal120
03-31-2022, 09:32 PM
I had settled in for the evening but reading this thread gave me the urge to put on some pantyhose and a dress with heels.

PHLover77
04-03-2022, 02:47 PM
The feeling of them gliding over my legs and then the sensation of my legs encased in them is unmatched by any other piece of femme clothing.

krissy
04-03-2022, 10:47 PM
Love them too. And stockings too I love the way my dress feels when I walk in hose wow

AmyJordan
04-04-2022, 04:19 AM
I always loved tights as they are called in the UK and always encouraged my girlfriends when dating and my wife now to wear them at every opportunity but they were always much less keen so when one night my wife complained of cold legs in bed and I suggested she wore them she asked if I would instead and she could cuddle up to me, this started to my life now where I am dressed at all times and lovingly required to wear pantyhose 24/7

Adriana
04-04-2022, 08:01 AM
Pantyhose are the quintessential item when dressing formally, but they are great under jeans, shorts and even leggings :). Also, there are so many different types that its endless on sheerness, color, softness and fit. I think I have over 60 pair currently hehe.

Mackem Sue
04-06-2022, 06:45 PM
I don't have the same fondness of tights or pantyhose. If I wear them, I always feel clammy or sweaty in the crotch area.

Hold-ups dig into my legs.

That leaves stockings with a garter / suspeder belt. Yes, they're a bit of a faff to put on, but once on, bathroom duties are easier that with tights / pantyhose or hold-ups. No pulling things back into place, remembering that the suspenders are better if passed under the knickers / panties.

I guess it's horses for courses.

Sue

countrygirl
04-06-2022, 06:46 PM
I am underdressed today and I have a pair of pantyhose on feels so comfortable. Love wearing them.

TAG
04-06-2022, 07:26 PM
Hose were the big thing when I first started dressing.
Took about a year to be over them and with high heels too.
I do wear them if the outfit calls for hose but thats about it.
Actually wore hose and heels last Saturday to a friends wedding event. Had a good time but at the end of the night my feet were killing me.