PDA

View Full Version : how old were you?

Ricky Rayne
12-11-2021, 05:12 PM
At what age did you feel or realize this was who you were? It seems the older I got the more secure with who i was and the more I enjoyed dressing up.

Jolene Robertson
12-11-2021, 05:41 PM
I was about 12 when I started but it wasn't till I was in my 50's that I realized it wasn't going away and was part of who I am.

Ricky Rayne
12-11-2021, 05:53 PM
I agree. I remember trying on bras etc at a early age, but then not doing that for many years. but as i got older the more the feelings of dressing got stronger. I will be 50 in march and have just now come to terms with this is ME!

Lana Mae
12-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Started at age 4-6 with a dress! Boys wear pants girls wear dresses!
Mother bought pant suit! I told her (~15) she was not my mom, my mom wore dresses!
Realizing it is me ~64-65! Gender me! New motto: Let yourself be yourself!
Now out 24/7/365 and just being me!
Hugs Lana Mae

NjJamie
12-11-2021, 06:27 PM
Rayne, when I was about 10 my mom dressed my brother and I up in girls clothing for a church Halloween contest, we didn't win as we were certainly not the only boys dressed this way. On a side note I have seen at least three boys in my neighborhood dressed as girls for Halloween but have no idea if they ever wore something feminine again. I will say that they were very comfortable, as if it was just a costume and no other indications that it was something more. I believe many of us would definitely have a bit of the pink fog on us and possibly raise some suspicions among those that know us.

The first time I dressed with any intention was at about 12 or 13, alone in a spare bedroom, and it very soon became quite the hobby. I progressed to full clothing and a wig, first did makeup and perfume at about 15 and for the past 45+ years have been chasing that magic feeling from back in those "first" days. I still measure this in terms of "firsts", with first steps outside, first time driving, first time going into a store and finally this week my first time going into a makeup store and just asking for help with the basics.

To the last point of your post, I also am feeling quite comfy with the activity and occasionally wonder if I'm too comfortable but I don't let that stop the magic of the pink fog! Walking in and out of stores, slowly looking through the racks for the perfect outfit, ordering a meal at Panera and sitting out in public are all just too fantastic, good luck on your travels.

Karren H
12-11-2021, 06:38 PM
I still have not figured who I am so I will let you knows when I figure it out, if ever.

Claire81
12-11-2021, 06:52 PM
Started at about age 8. Been fighting for years but have had to acknowledge Claire is NOT going anywhere...

Glenda58
12-11-2021, 07:29 PM
Started at 3 or 4 with the neighbor girls. As I got older the more, I dressed. By 12 my family would leave alone to visit my aunt and I would dress up and sit on the front pouch swing. Now 70 years later I can't get enough dressing.

CharlotteCD
12-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Started at 3-4 years old when my sister and her friend put me in one of my sister's dresses. I was also used as a dress model as my mum was a seamstress at this time.

My mum put a stop to this as my parents could see I wanted to dress up a lot, and would always ask to be dressed up when I was 4-6.

By 5-6 I was taking my sister's underwear and hiding them in my room.

By 12 I was dressing in my sister's clothes whenever possible.

Come 18 I bought clothes for myself for the first time.

I then got seriously ill and didn't dress until I was early 20s, then met my wife and my desires just went away.

At 30 I had a massive desire to dress again, and realised I was transgender over the following 2 years.

Ricky Rayne
12-11-2021, 08:24 PM
I think you already have figured yourself out. You just need to be secure with who you are

- - - Updated - - -

I also would like to add that as i read your stories and get to know who you are, when I read you address me as Rayne and who I am, I feel a peace, a calm on me .. so THANK YOU

Erin77
12-11-2021, 08:28 PM
I was 8 when I started and 44 when I decided to acknowledge that these feelings were NOT ever gonna go away and decided to just go with it!

Kelli_cd
12-11-2021, 10:20 PM
I was 8 when I discovered women's clothing. I was well into my 40's before I realized this was something I really couldn't change. And I was 58 before I accepted this into my life and let it become part of me and who I am.

TheHiddenMe
12-11-2021, 10:21 PM
Six or seven. Been the same for a long time, as I'm the Beatles age ("When I'm 64"). Five years ago I made the decision to step out the door, and ever since I made that decision I've had a lot of fun.

Geena75
12-11-2021, 10:27 PM
I'm with Karren -- I'll let you know when I figured it out. Every time I think I have it, something changes and I'm back to sorting it out again.

Patience
12-11-2021, 10:36 PM
Six or seven. Five years ago I made the decision to step out the door, and ever since I made that decision I've had a lot of fun.Same for me, Six or seven.

I came to terms with, and began expressing this side of me publicly 3 years ago.

GracieRose
12-11-2021, 10:46 PM
At 5. others told me who I was and it didn't agree with who I thought I was. It took me a long time to realize that I was right and they were wrong. I'm still trying to figure out who I am though.

Kris Burton
12-11-2021, 10:50 PM
I'm a little different. I had no childhood crossdressing experiences at all. My first came at age 28 when, as kind of a joke, I tried on my girlfriend's - later to become my wife - nightgown. I liked it a lot, told no one and buried the impulse to go further for many years. In my forties, I tried on my wife's pantyhose, and later a dress or two. Again I liked it a lot, but did not act upon it further for a good 25 years. This past summer, at age 69, I finally gave in, bought some clothing of my own, dressed up, and here I am. There is no going back or burying the impulse now. It is part of who I am, and probably always was. I find that I am now quite happy to be part of the CD community.

Stephanie47
12-12-2021, 12:50 AM
I am reading your question differently than some. Although I may have dabbled in my mother's lingerie draw as a teenager I was filled with self loathing and disgust. I thought I must have been a homosexual which was a negative thing back in the 1960's. Worse, I must have been a pervert. That was the common belief. Worthy of getting my head knocked in and thrown out of my home by my parents, if I was discovered. I still had issues with cross dressing into my 20's and 30's. I never went to counseling. I don't know what sort of counseling I would have received in the 1970's and 1980's. I don't think that was the "Age of Enlightenment."

I probably came to the realization of who I was in my 50's. I sort of weighed my pluses and minuses on the scale of life. The plus side totally dominates. Now the problems I have are really the problems of others unwilling to accept men and women who are different than themselves. Sure, the more secure one is with self, the more enjoyment or peace.

Did you purge out of self loathing or did you purge because of the potential negative consequences of your actions? There is a difference.

Nylon Wendy
12-12-2021, 04:16 AM
Ten. My mum's tights (pantyhose). Loved it then and love it even more now.

Helen_Highwater
12-12-2021, 04:50 AM
I would say my early dabbles with femme clothing started when I was around 5 years old. It continued all though my teenaged years but I never really understood it. Being transgendered wasn't in anyone's vocabulary.

It was the coming of the Internet that radically changed things. I would say I'd be in my 40's before I got anything like an understanding of just who I was and that there were others like me out there. Seeing photo's on sites like Flickr of so many CD'ers was a real eye opener.

Technology has revolutionised how gender is perceived. I know it's anecdotal but it does seem that those born 30 years ago or less get comfortable with their dressing and who they are much younger in life.

Elizabeth G
12-12-2021, 07:45 AM
Although I began dressing at about 11 years old I certainly didn't understand myself well enough at the time to recognize what it all meant. Over the years the urge would come and go, sometimes for years at a time. When I was about fifty the urges to dress came roaring back and hasn't left. but it was still several more years before I realized I was more than "just a crossdresser". So I would say that I was about 53 when I finally figured out and accepted that I am transgender.

sara66
12-12-2021, 08:07 AM
i started at 4 or 5. I really came to terms with my dressing in my early 30's.
Sara

GretchenM
12-12-2021, 09:29 AM
I realized there was something different about me compared to the other boys when 4 or 5. I related to girls really well and not so well with boys. By 8 I was exploring using my mother's clothes and then I got caught. I was gently but soundly reprimanded and effectively my identity as the girl I wanted to be was negated leaving me with a maleness I did not want. That started a war within me and I became as Stephanie47 described - full of shame and self loathing.

But I learned to outwardly be fairly "normal" male while the war inside continued. That kind of conflict is not sustainable without going mad. Ten years ago at 66 I surrendered to the her in me. Now, after years of study of the nature of the transgender person, I am stable and comfortable but not fully femme out in the open. My stable point is considerably lower than those who go out but it is fully who I am - not a male, not a female, but a more or less equal blend of both that now respect and support each other. Psychologically Androgynous is the best term. And my wife is showing signs of accepting it a wee bit more. It is not a need; it is who and what I am. I can't go back but I also feel little need to go deeper. No shame and no loathing. I understand it now.

Michelle1955
12-12-2021, 09:30 AM
As most of us things change over time. many 1st along this path.
My store started at a very early age, I will say being born in 1955 ( many years prior to the internet) like 40 years old.

At less than 3-4 was playing dress up with my friends on my block they were all girls my age.No daycare, so the mothers took turn. We did share each other cloths playing dress up.. At around 5-6 was my trying on my 1st pair of panties, my friend Beth and I switched underwear in her bedroom, we nearly got caught by her mother wearing each other underwear when she yelled out lunch was ready. Luckily she did not come to, the bedroom to get us.

Hated puberty was just wrong wanted to be a girl.
I am more than a crossdresser, so I do not identify as a crossdressers.
Major 1st is when accepting that I am transgender and non-binary / more female side.

alwayshave
12-12-2021, 09:33 AM
I started when I was 3 or 4. I had a slew of older sisters who dressed me. But also I would wear things on my own.

Daryl
12-12-2021, 09:51 AM
I kind of started when I was 12-13 wearing my sisters panties. I kind of dabbled in it
in my 40-50's wearing pantyhose or panties that I bought. When I was in my early 60's
I dressed more, until retirement when I went to where I'm today.

Debbie Denier
12-12-2021, 09:58 AM
I started at 10. At 16 went on holiday with cousins. Saw my 16 yr old female cousin dressed up for 1st time full makeup. Dress and nylons. I thought that I wanted to be like her.17 to 21 started buying my own feminine clothes., wig etc.Got married at 28 thought it would go away Had kids aged 32 onwards purged for what I thought would be the last time. Age 47 father died CD came back to me with a vengeance started buying fem stuff again. Wife discovered stash made me purge threatened marriage would be over.Had a breakdown came out to mother. That?s when I realised it was not going to go away. Had fem wardrobe at mothers house for 10 yrs. Used to dress at least once a week there. Mother passed away last year. Now aged 57 limited opportunities. DADT Wife doesn?t accept at all . Like Karen . I still don?t know who I am but have accepted it will be with me for the rest of my life.

NancySue
12-12-2021, 11:31 AM
I was 5 or 6 when I had my first experience, thanks to next door neighbor sisters who invited me to join them in ?dress up?. I recall, initially, it was no big deal, until I slipped on nylon stockings. That?s when my life changed. All I could think of was when can I wear hose again. It wasn?t until later I progressed to wearing other things and become aware that these desires were a part of me. I wore a garter belt or OBG with stockings underneath often. As we all probably know, things just progressed. I dress daily, always panties, thigh highs and bra. Interesting note, while hose are my #1, I?ve recently developed a real enjoyment of wearing underwire bras. I wear one most of the time. Yes, I?ve received a few glances, but..who cares. My enjoyment I owe to my wonderful, supportive wife.

Monique65
12-12-2021, 12:27 PM
I was around 10 when I discovered my mother’s girdle and stockings in her dresser drawer. I slipped them on and was immediately hooked. I progressed to my sister’s panties, dresses and blouses. I kept Monique pretty much in the closet for many years, but when I retired, she started kicking and screaming to get out. Now, I’m content to wear panties and a sports bra 24/7, with my wife’s blessing. I don’t know how far it will go, but I’m enjoying the ride.

Stephj
12-12-2021, 12:32 PM
It started when I was around 5 my mom and older sister would find me in the lingerie section of the store looking at and feeling the bras and panties. Then when I was 10 I started wearing my sisters bra and panties she was 13 then she found me felling and looking at hers that she left on her bed. She said you would like to wear them I said yes. My sister let me wear them. Then one day my mother gave me a hug and she felt the bra and then the panties. She said boys don?t wear these. But my sister still let wear them when I asked. About two months went by and my mom found me wearing them again she said why I said I like wearing them after she thought about it she said I should have seen this by the way you look and feel them at the store. She then said if you want to wear them you have to buy your own so with some allowance money I had saved when went to the store I bought two bras blue and black and black and blue panties. Now at 58 I still wear panties and a bra everyday. That?s all I am a under dresser.

Erin Lafleur
12-12-2021, 01:29 PM
I was 5 or 6 myself when I first started trying on Mom's slips and panties. Although there has long stretches since where I haven't dressed, the feeling has never left me.
I now live on my own (save for my 87 year old mother who is staying with me for a few months) and generally dress most evenings and all weekend. My femme stuff has been stored while Mom is here but I almost feel like showing her my extensive wardrobe as a kind of thanks. I won't but I do feel grateful for her gentle admonition all those years ago when she quite privately told me that little boys don't wear ladies clothes. Some times they do Ma, sometimes they do...

Cheryl T
12-12-2021, 02:00 PM
I began at about age 6 and by my teens I just knew this was me and that I would never give let it go.

Misty_cder
12-12-2021, 02:53 PM
I started in my early teens with wearing my mother's tights and swim suits. It was the 80's and the whole aerobicize craze was in full force. She would hang her items to dry on the door in my bathroom. I think I've finally gotten to that point where I don't question my dressing anymore. It's just something that I enjoy doing.

docrobbysherry
12-12-2021, 03:20 PM
50 plus!:eek:

Drops mic!:devil:

VivianNewkirk
12-12-2021, 04:34 PM
Another late bloomer here, starting at about age 55. It began as just a kinky lark, but I quite quickly realized I just preferred dressing as a woman.

kayegirl
12-12-2021, 05:32 PM
Aged five or six, started playing dress up with some neighbours daughters, but my real epiphany came at 13 when home alone one evening. I went into my older sister's room, and changed into some of her clothes. I can still remember the whole outfit, and the feeling when I saw myself in a full length mirror. That was 58 years ago, but the thrill remains the same.

Jeanettew
12-12-2021, 06:01 PM
For me it was really late in my life I loved the feel of my wife silk nightdress when she wore one and then one day one was laying on the bed when she had gone out so tried it on and loved it so this became a passion of mine when she was out, then i also liked rubbing my hands on her legs when she had nice stockings on so again one day I tried a pair on and was hooked, by this time I was about 45 years old, I then wondered what it would be like to wear some lengerie but she was a lot slimmer than me so this was not possible and i really wanted to try some heels but again her shoe size was small, so all i could do was slip on one of her dresses but not zip it up, then we had a Miss club competition and I joked how funny it would be for a bloke to get dressed up and enter, my wife thought that was funny and suggested that we give it a go so of to an op shop we went and she helped get me a dress, shoes and a bra and a wig, then she got ne new pantie hose, when the day came she dressed me and did some make up, I was in heaven and we went to the club and it was a laugh but deep down it felt amazing, after this night she took everything back to the op shop, but I wanted to dress again, so all I could do was revert to trying on some of her things. Roll on some 20 years and I was travelling a lot for work and I went on line and bought some cloths and shoes so I could dress completely at my overnight hotels and enjoy it once again.

Maria 60
12-12-2021, 06:24 PM
I don't really remember what age I was when I put on my first article of women's clothing. When I got married and thought I was rid of it forever, surprise, surprise two weeks back from our honeymoon there was a pair of pantyhose on the floor. As soon as I put her pantyhose on was the first day I realized how serious it was. I was 24 then and now 58 it still hasn't gone anywhere.

kimdl93
12-12-2021, 06:43 PM
Preschool aged, but I cannot say exactly how old I was?.perhaps 4 or 5.

Mandyinfemme
12-12-2021, 07:13 PM
I?m probably in the minority?. I?ve really had the ?urge? since a young age. But never acted on it til I was 34. 38 now??..

Rachael Fernandez
12-12-2021, 07:16 PM
I was in primary school when I was hooked. First my sisters frilly tennis knickers, before progressing to my mothers lingerie drawer.

Ricky Rayne
12-12-2021, 07:18 PM
If I think back i remember trying on my moms bra once. I remember i liked it. I never really went anywhere with it, but itn was always on the back of my mind. Fastforward to my late 20s and my wife (at the time) were paying a game and i had to put on her bra. I didnt put the clasp on in the back. guess i kinda knew but didnt realize ME. As our divorce ended and some of her belongings left behind i would find 10 or 15 minutes here or there to try things on. Being a single Father with full custody, time is very limited. But now he has grown and gone and i have more time and have totally embraced this as me

Joanne108
12-12-2021, 09:09 PM
Maybe it was around 6 or 7. I remember playing some silly game about superheros and spies with my brother. He said if i wanted to super man I would have to dress as a supergirl.
So I did. The catch was I had to wear a bra and stuff it with some doll pillows. Anyway it was just that about two years later it seemed that every chance I got where I could dress as a girl I did. I reflected on it and figured that I was a bit different. And years later I still am.

Celee
12-12-2021, 10:04 PM
I was 9 or 10 when I found a pair of my moms panties. When I was a bit older and could stay home by myself I got into her bras and girdle. It was an amazing feeling as I was entering puberty. I remember trying to look as sexy as I could and wondering if this meant I was gay. I had less chances to dress in my 20s and I thought when I got married it would go away. It didn?t. In fact, it got worse because my wife had some sexy undies and lingerie and I couldn?t resist. It seems this is a common thread among a lot of us here.

Anne E
12-13-2021, 12:15 AM
I’ve known who I was for as long as I can remember. I’ve only learned to love this side of me in the last three or four years.

Ceera
12-13-2021, 01:23 AM
I was about 8 years old when I first tried on some of my mom’s slips and other clothes, filched from the basement laundry room dryer. Liked how it felt, but kept nothing, and had no intention of doing more than trying them on.

By the time I was 12, I knew I was ‘different’, but stayed deeply in the closet, refusing to even consider non-straight impulses.

When I was 18, I started playing Dungeons and Dragons with male friends in the Navy. I found I enjoyed creating and playing female gaming characters, ‘to balance out the dungeon adventure party’, and did it so well that when that shifter to on-line gaming, my friends who had not met me in person were certain a woman was playing my female characters. Yet I still did not identify as female in real life.

I was 56 when I finally admitted I wanted to go out in public dressed as a woman. I had been in a straight marriage for 30 years, and was recently widowed. And as soon as I started going to nightclubs as Ceera, everything just felt so right, so self-validating, that I never looked back. My social life became almost entirely female.

But I was 60 before I admitted I wanted to fully transition, and live the rest of my life entirely as a woman.

SaraLin
12-13-2021, 05:28 AM
I can't remember a time when I didn't know I was "different." I always knew I should have been a girl.

I guess I'm still gaining new understanding of just what if all means - to me.

Connie D50
12-13-2021, 05:53 AM
I think I was around 9-10 when I found myself wearing my sisters ot mothers things when ever I had the chance.

Vintage4sarah
12-13-2021, 07:14 AM
For nearly 50 years, I was lost in confusion and stress over that female part of me that was seeking to break out. I hid it and shoved it aside many times as I had a real life, family and career to focus on. Still the thought of being a woman and being properly enfemme was always there.

Twenty years ago, I started to let the "cat out of the bag" and admit to the need to start expressing that inner feeling. Now it has been a steady evolution to where I am today. It is helpful that my spouse finally accepted this special part of me. I now have the confidence to be the woman I was meant to be when the opportunity presents itself. I get out a reasonable amount of time as Sarah; have wonderful Tgirl friends to share these times with; and I am now able to be out in public and present myself as a mature, stylish woman.

April Rose
12-13-2021, 08:32 AM
My interest started around 4 or 5. When I finally admitted to myself that this is who I am and it is not going away I was over 40. When I finally decided what to do about it I was over 71 and I will let you know when that happens.

BTWimRobin
12-13-2021, 09:41 AM
It started at a young age. Growing up, I had a lot of female influence in my house. By the time I was 11 or 12, I was always getting into their things, dressed, heels, lingerie, makeup. The curiosity, stayed with me through my teens. When I was 18 or so, I was dating a girl who enjoyed feminizing me. At that point I was hooked. Sadly, we broke up. Although the feelings never went away, life got the way and my feminine side went on the back burner. Around the age of 50, she started to boil over. She drove me crazy, almost to the point of a nervous breakdown. At 56, I finally accepted her and came out to my wife.

Beverley Sims
12-13-2021, 10:25 AM
I played mothers and fathers when I was four, and was always the baby in the pram got pushed everywhere.

All sorts of dresses for me and this just carried over till about ten years old.

By this time I had been out dressed with the girls to family outings and parties.

StacyG
12-13-2021, 11:00 AM
I discovered my sister's and mom's things when I was 11 or 12 and underdressed all through high school and college. Took a break from 24-32. After my first marriage failed, i got back into underdressing and sleepwear. I had custody of the kids so I didn't have any dresses or tops. Started exploring my bi side as well. Got married again at 50 and quit dressing. I'm 52 now and the movers are coming today to get all the wife's things even though we've been separated for about 6 months now. Not dressing related. Anyhow, I'm back and with it this time, I have dresses and blouses, leggings, hose, boots, bras and breast forms and much much more.

Cheryl T
12-13-2021, 11:10 AM
I think my first realization came when I was about 16. It has always stayed with me and the last 5 years have solidified the fact that this is who I am.

Jessica S
12-13-2021, 11:23 AM
I was 4-5 when I first put on some of my Mother's panties and hose. She would dry them over the shower curtain rod. As soon as I touched them I new I had to put them on. I'm in my fifties now. I have shopped at manys store in drab. But sometimes still feel funny about it other times not a care at all. But realized in my teenage years that I would always want to dress up but thought I was weird for wanting to. Till the internet came a long and I found all of us on here.

Robbiegirl
12-13-2021, 02:36 PM

I have told this story many times, but I was about 6 when my mother and aunt made me trade clothes with one of my sisters to fool an old nanny that was coming to visit. The dress was similiar to what Lucy wears in Peanuts cartoon. I could not believe how much i looked like a girl and how fun the dress felt !
The whole episode lasted longer than expected as the nanny was over 30 mins late!
The episode reminds me of the tv show - Small Wonder- where Jamie has to pretend to be a girl - See Pic

ShirleyN
12-16-2021, 07:08 AM
I was about 13 when my femme journey started and it was just out of pure curiosity and nothing more than that

Lacey New
12-16-2021, 08:00 AM
I started in my early teens when I started noticing girls and was interested on those developing bumps on their chests and a mini skirt would offer a flash of pretty panties. I also started looking at the attractive pictures of women wearing lingerie in the Sears and Pennys catalogs. Eventually, finding either my sisters or mothers nylon panties in the hamper when no one was home was way too tempting and I put a pair on. I was hooked from that point on and would take any opportunity I could find to wear pantries for a few minutes and even on occasion, trying on a bra or a slip. However, I always felt guilty and feared that I was some kind of pervert or that I was gay even though I had no interest in other men. I had very little opportunity to satisfy my urges while I was in college but afterward, living in an apartment on my own, I eventually started to acquire my own collection of lingerie and other clothing. I guess that is when I finally came to grips with the fact that I was a cross dresser. It has only been in recent years since the availability of the internet that I have come to realize that there are many more men like me who are definitely not gat and who definitely do not want to live as a woman but simply enjoy getting dressed up from time to time. And that there is nothing illegal, immoral or fattening about it.

Jenni6521
12-16-2021, 09:22 AM
I thought i might have posted in this yesterday. It does not look like I did. I was introduced to dressing at around 8 or 9 by my sister. She started dressing me in her bra and panties. She would occasionally put make up on me. I made no fuss about this attention frrom her and enjoyed the times when she would ask me "If I wanted to play dress up." She was six years older than I was. That got me started and I remember stealing this beautiful long gown off a neighbors clothes line. It had lace at the top with a pink flower in the center around the breasts. I loved that gown. My mother found it (never said a word to me) and took it away from me. She kept it in her stuff and I never found it, until I was cleaning out her house after we had to move her into a nursing home. It was like being reunited with an old friend. It is a little tight on me, but I can still wear it!

candykowal
12-16-2021, 09:50 AM
My life as a feminine boy began very early as I was a undeveloped baby with a lot of issues with my lower torso and internal organs.
When I was born, the doctors told my mother, she had a daughter... and they realized my undeveloped nature, soon after.
I often slept with Mom in a satin babydoll's and diapers and plastic panties.
I was very coddled and pampered.
I was in and out of the hospital till I was ready for Kindergarten.
You can read about my whole story, in a condensed version (I could write a novel about growing up feminine!) by clicking on my Wordpress Blog link, HERE (https://candykowal2.wordpress.com/2018/10/24/the-candice-kowal-story-of-a-very-confusing-childhood/).
Use the PASSWORD: coddled ....to see the post, if needed.
I had so many people ask me about this subject, I had to write about it.

laura.lapinski
12-16-2021, 10:30 AM
At a very young age there were thoughts. Around age 13 I tried on a bathing suit, but it wasn't until my twenties that I knew I liked to dress. As far as accepting that this was deeply embedded, it wasn't until late twenties.

Lorna
12-16-2021, 12:55 PM
Although this question has come up on several previous occasions - and I responded - I think I have only just realised that it isn't just the age at which we started that influences our dressing but the period in which we started. I was in my early teens, but that was in the 1950s. If I had been a teenager in more recent years, especially from around the 1980s onwards, I doubt whether I would have seen much in female dress and fashion that would have started me off in the same way. The increasing and now almost universal adoption of trousers by women is a major factor. I understand that women's trousers/jeans are "different" from men's but, for me, not significantly different. I don't dislike tights (as opposed to stockings) but even they are now rejected by most women it seems. Slips, too, are not much in evidence. Of the clothes that intrigued me so much in the 1950s and 60s almost none are worn today. Even bras seem increasingly out of favour or regarded as an uncomfortable necessity.
Without repeating at length my previous contributions to similar questions, what started my interest in trying female clothing was observing girls my age and older and wondering what it could possibly be like to wear what they wore. As a teenager then, I was sufficiently grown up (but slim enough) to fit into those women's clothes and the experience was so enjoyable. The feeling of a dress or skirt over a slip was so good and the need for a bra, girdle and stockings beneath created such a totally different sensation that I just couldn't resist it. It also gave me an insight into girls' attitudes to their clothing: how they loved to look good even if some aspects of what they had to wear could be irksome - for example, the need to put up with a long bra and tight-waisted girdle to look their best in 1950s/60s dresses and skirts or the perils of going about daily activities while maintaining aspects of modesty such as not showing stocking tops and not getting ladders in stockings. None of those aspects, as I see it, would apply today and for those like me with no desire to become a woman but a strong desire to experience the clothing, I don't think I would have become a teenage crossdresser in the modern era.

Jessica Secret
12-16-2021, 02:51 PM
13 and discovered my mom's sexy nighties and lingerie and was immediately fascinated and hooked, and today I have a bigger lingerie/nightie wardrobe than most teen girls or women probably have.

Diedre
12-17-2021, 10:20 AM
I was 12-13. My mother did sewing and I got drafted as the dress dummy for things in my size. Once it became apparent I was enjoying wearing the clothes way too much, I got replaced by a dress form my mother got from a second hand store.

But by then the seed was planted and I loved wearing the panty girdles, longline bras, nylon stockings and slips.

Kathi-Anne
12-17-2021, 01:40 PM
I was at JC Penney one Halloween. I was in the hosiery section. Beige tights in x-tall. When t got home, I slid the tights up my legs. It was heaven.
Christmas time,I bought a pair of danskin ultra shimmery tights in light toast, a must for any pantyhose lover.☺

Leohose
12-20-2021, 09:52 AM
I was at JC Penney one Halloween. I was in the hosiery section. Beige tights in x-tall. When t got home, I slid the tights up my legs. It was heaven.
Christmas time,I bought a pair of danskin ultra shimmery tights in light toast, a must for any pantyhose lover.☺
Those danskin tights are soo comfortable

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly. Leotards are super comfy

- - - Updated - - -

I started in my early teens with wearing my mother's tights and swim suits. It was the 80's and the whole aerobicize craze was in full force. She would hang her items to dry on the door in my bathroom. I think I've finally gotten to that point where I don't question my dressing anymore. It's just something that I enjoy doing.

Leotards are super comfy so yes great first item

josie_S
12-20-2021, 10:12 AM
I was 10 or 11 the first time I tried on my mom's bra. I was confused but excited. My older brothers would make me call their girlfriends bc they weren't allowed to get calls from boys and my voice hadn't broken yet so I guess I sounded like a girl. It was humiliating. I didn't feel like a girl and I didn't like that I was made to do act like one, so to speak. Still, cding and transgender stuff fascinated me, and every trashy talk show (Sally Jesse Raphael, Rikki Lake, etc) that had crossdressers on, I would watch and be fascinated. But it wasn't until I was in my 30s before I gave myself "permission" to enjoy crossdressing without feeling guilty. I still struggle with this part of me but I know it's not going away. I think I realized that the last time I purged. I felt so dumb after i threw out a lot of cute clothes and shoes. Once I decided to stop purging, I decided I wasn't going to throw out this part of me anymore either. I was 43 or 44.

Rachelakld
12-22-2021, 03:40 AM
I often wore my sister PJ but my first outing I was 5, at home playing on the driveway and got busted by my mum, dad and sister.
I thought my sisters pink tutu looked nice on me :)

Jane G
12-22-2021, 03:49 AM
Since I can remember. Though the firm confirmation was when I was about 7 or 8.

Girly bride
12-22-2021, 04:17 AM
I was about 7 or 8 years old I used to play with my next door neighbour?s daughter and we used to play dress up especially after school. I used to love dressing up in her school uniform

KimberlyJean
12-24-2021, 06:59 AM
This has been me my entire life, however it took until I was 37 to understand and accept who I am. Now it is a constant battle to maintain balance in my life.

Rebecca60
12-24-2021, 09:26 AM

I found a pair on Amazon.. Very nice.. I'm getting a pair for me..

Candy
12-26-2021, 05:01 AM
I had "girlfriends" at a very young age, like 8-9 years old I think. I remember once my friend gave me her band uniform, a kind of red and white corduroy dress. I fell asleep wearing it one night... I think one of my parents checked on me and saw it, but never spoke of it. I didn't really think about it either or start dressing until many years later. I always wore men's underwear in bright colors and sexy styles.. maybe it was there all along? I always thought about the fact I have no visible Adams apple when guys comment that a crossdresser has large Adams apple, my neck is smooth.. maybe I was supposed to be a woman? I dunno, but happy with who I am

Wendy-Lyn
12-26-2021, 06:05 AM
It started for me when I was 14, and found (yes, found) a pair of floral-patterned nylon bikini panties in our garden. No idea whose they were, I suspect the dog may have dragged them home from somewhere. Anyway, probably prompted by the intense interest in and curiosity about girls that puberty brings, I went into one of our sheds and tried them on (with the usual 'interesting' result). I kept those panties for a long time.

Never had a sister and never really got into my mother's things - a bra once, and maybe a slip.

I went through two SOs over the next 20-odd years, wore their panties and the odd dress occasionally but never when they were around. Told a third SO that I sometimes under-dressed - she was OK with it so long as I didn't 'push it in her face' (her words). She was good with me sleeping in a pair of panties. Her clothes were off-limits, but would not fit me anyway, so that was never a problem.

Been on my own for the last 15 or so years, and under-dressed sporadically, only wearing dresses infrequently. Had a big purge when I moved to my current unit 12 years ago but that, of course, didn't last and I began under-dressing again, with panties and a cami.

This May, I became very ill (not Covid), which wasn't at all fun as I could easily have died, and since then as I've recovered I've gone a bit crazy. I've bought bras and dresses, a pair of shoes, a couple of nighties, two cheap wigs etc. and made up some breast-forms out of some old panty-hose. I under-dress all the time, and dress almost every night to some degree. I found this forum, and have been reading with interest. I've even been out in public once, which I'd never have dreamed of doing before, and have started to experiment with some basic makeup. I think the health scare has somehow made me want to enjoy this part of me as much as I can before it IS too late. And so, here I am at 64... no shame, no guilt, just enjoying every minute of it.

Christina89
12-26-2021, 11:58 AM
I was about 12 or 13 when I first started to try on my mother's clothes. For tines after that I thought it was wrong but also right at the same time. It wasn't until I was in my late teens early 20s that I realized crossdressing was apart of me and that wasn't gonna change.

Larissa Cassandra
12-27-2021, 03:18 AM
When I was about 4 or 5, out of nowhere I said to my mother "When I was a lady..." She must have interrupted me to ask what the heck I was talking about, so I don't remember saying anything after that. I don't "believe in" reincarnation, but I have no other explanation of why I said that. Anyway, I must have unconsciously known from that time that I was different from other boys. I plan to write more about this in a new thread, but for now I can say that looking back on all the 60+ years since that incident, I can identify many situations where my curiosity and fascination with femininity were quite obvious. However, I don't think I actually realized that THIS IS WHO I AM until very recently. This realization has been a great relief to me (as has been my discovery of this forum and the incredible love and support I've received), but I'm now facing the uncertainty of how far I will go in this newly recognized identity. Stay tuned.....

jessicacd43
12-27-2021, 02:20 PM
I was 12 and it was a pair of yellow panties!

missjoann49
12-27-2021, 06:14 PM
With me it started at a very young age, maybe around the age of 3. I was an only child and my mother had always wanted a girl. My dad worked a lot of nights so whenever my
mother had the chance she would dress me up in girls clothing. As I entered school, when I would get home she would have clothes all picked out for me laying on my bed in the bedroom and I would have to get dressed as she pleased. When I was in middle school is when she taught me about wearing a training bra, silky panties and little girl tights. When I entered High school she would then do makeup on me when I got home and keep me dressed until after dinner. Things slowed down a little as I went further into high school

As I got older and went off on my own, I did meet an understanding woman and raised a family. The dressing continued but only in the home. After a 40yr marriage my wife passed away several years ago. Thats when I decided to go full time, the start of a journey I never thought I would do. There is no turning back now, I am living the life that I am happy with and this is how I will die, being the person I was meant to be. I have no regrets whatsoever

Raychel
12-27-2021, 08:23 PM
I was in my early teens when I found I liked women's clothing. It wasn't until I was in my mid 40's that I really accepted that this was part of me. Now in my 60's I am full aware that this is who I am. And honestly I don't care who finds out or knows. This is me

fun4metoo2004
12-28-2021, 09:10 AM
I guess I was 12 or 13 when I started playing with my moms stuff. I was io my late 20's when I really wanted to do it more an feel satisfied. Got married while in the Navy, and spent 20 yrs there. Divorced about half way thru that and now that I am almost retired from my second career, I find myself crossdressing to please myself.

So about age 39 when I started getting back into it with more intention and now I am 61 and feel comfortable doing my makeup and going out in public with out people making comments to the negative. Actually those that know me have been very supportive and complimentary.

Katie Lynn cd
12-28-2021, 04:18 PM
I was around 10 when I first started, although I can remember my mom letting me try on her stockings when I was 5 or so. As with some of you I tried to fight the urge at certain times up and into into my 20’s. It was probably not till my 40’s that I became truly happy with the fact that this is who I am. I think not having to hide this part of me with my wife has helped…certainly more so in the last 3 or 4 years. I own it more than I ever have.

kimmy p
12-30-2021, 12:40 AM
No later than 2nd or third grade. There was a story in one of my class books about a boy whose mother used him as a dummy to finish his sister's dress, in front of a window of course where his bully snapped a photo of him.
I knew it was a story, fiction, but also found myself unhappy that my sister was younger than me and this would never happen.... Kept that quiet though. Drunk, macho father figure around at the time. Funny enough, it was he who first put me in a dress as punish.

Lori Ann Westlake
12-30-2021, 01:11 AM
Although I started dressing when I was 12 or 13, it took years to slough off the unnecessary awkwardness and embarrassment I felt about being "weird" and "different." I'd say I was about 28 when I finally accepted myself, and incidentally realized that I do have a genuinely "feminine side" which I then felt free to explore more fully.

Louise DK
12-30-2021, 01:42 AM
I was 6 years old.

There was this place that us kids went to after school, a place to be untill our parents got off work, kinda like a kindergarten, but for school children.
Anyway, there was a chest with dress up clothes, and in that chest was a blue floral print dress... I was drawn to that dress and one day I took the dress and snug in to a vacant room and put it on.
But somebody saw it, so thats allso when I learned that I should very much keep this to myself. Because I was ridiculed to no end for it... But it still felt so right.

It took me many years so shread just a tiny bit of the shame and guild and at 41 Im still not totally free from it.

Fiona_44
01-13-2022, 04:47 PM
I was in my very early teens when I started and it took me until I was in my 40's until I accepted that it wasn't weird. Now it just feels natural.

Maid_Marion
01-13-2022, 04:52 PM
I was ten when I figured out I was different.
I was in my mid 50s when I realized that my situation/society had changed sufficiently that I could wear obviously feminine clothing to work.

Raychel
01-13-2022, 05:11 PM
I was very young when I started dressing.
Probably around 7 or 8
It was t until 20 years ago, that I really accepted who I was and how I prefer to dress

ziggie
01-13-2022, 05:38 PM
I was a pre-teen when I first experimented with my mothers lingerie. I have underdressed (mostly panties) for many years but just last week decided that being retired now I don't need to accommodate my dress to anyone's standards.

Emleeboy
01-13-2022, 05:51 PM
At 46, I finally came to the conclusion that this is a part of who I am, and acceptance is still ongoing.

Ricky Rayne
01-13-2022, 07:35 PM
I had instances in my adolences but didnt fully realize that this is me until well into my 40s

Mackem Sue
01-13-2022, 09:29 PM
Late teens when I started to experiment.

The last year or so I went with the flow. I'm early 50s.

Sue

EricaNG
01-14-2022, 11:28 AM
Age 13,went into mom's closet and tried on her clothes

Rachael Fernandez
01-14-2022, 06:26 PM
I can not remember when I started on this road, but it was well before I turned 10 years old. I spent many stolen moments perusing my mothers wardrobe and lingerie drawer until I married. It has been a living hell wanting to look and feel feminine and own and wear women's clothes all of my life; even now, as I have accepted that I am as I am, and that I do not want to, nor could never change. Now I dress when I can and enjoy being me for the small allotted times I can garner in my life. I am now 66yo and it is only the last few years that I have felt comfortable in my skin.

MarinaTwelve200
01-14-2022, 08:39 PM
12 when home alone, I bravely put on my mother's red lipstick to "see what it felt like" and to "see what I looked like". And after continually doing that, occasionally, for about a year, ONE DAY dressed myself from the skin out in my mother's clothes, from panties to bra, gridle, hose, slip and a dress------Giving myself the same reasons. was a big "turn on". A sort of "High" from doing "what was forbidden" and getting away with it. And that I was a "Bookish" kid, I looked it up and found out I wasn't "gay" for doing it---which made it even all the MORE fun. (I was very careful and kept it well hid though.)

Angie G
01-14-2022, 09:02 PM
I was about 11 or 12 started with what I could find to put on Didn't get to dress when I was going with my wife. Then i started dressing her e and there. About 16 years ago I came out too my wife And now have 2 closet of dresses skirt bloses Shoes. I retired 5 years ago and dress 100% girl At least 11 hours a day:hugs:Angie

Josephine_A
01-16-2022, 11:50 AM
I don?t remember the exact age but it was definitely around 10yo. Funny enough I don?t recall why I did it but just remember putting on my mothers clothes - panties and bra - but when I slid on her stockings that?s when I knew. Something clicked in me and I dressed any chance I got when I was alone. Kept it a deep secret and dressed all the way until college then quit cold turkey when I was almost caught. Now as a much older person, I?ve decided to start dressing again and it feels as magical as it did when I was a preteen.

StarrOfDelite
01-16-2022, 12:31 PM
I was about 37-38 years old. One evening, I was just messing around on the early internet by watching porn while my wife and kids were gone. I came upon a crossdresser site, which really was pretty mild stuff, just showing people in boy-dress, then girl-dress, and then in nude/semi-nude cheesecake poses. I was fascinated and aroused, and started to dig into what was available online. I was totally hooked soon, realized rather easily that I was trans myself, and began buying makeup, wigs, dresses, shoes, and accessories.

VeronicaB
01-17-2022, 05:25 AM
I am the youngest of 4 brothers and there's a 7 year gap between me and the next eldest. I think my mum would have loved a girl and I was bought dolls to play with and had my nails painted and and lip stick applied by her when I was 4 or 5 years old. I've always wondered if her desire for a daughter had an influence on me. I didn't start experimenting with her clothes until I was about 12 or 13, initially with her lingerie but later wearing her skirts and dresses.

SylphDevine
01-17-2022, 05:58 AM
I have crossdressed my whole life. My mom used to drape her red slip across me when I would snuggle in bed with her when I was very little. Later (I think when I was 7) I found her red sheer nylon babydoll in her underwear drawer. After trying it on, I was hooked forever.

To this day as a matter of fact.

Angela Marie
01-17-2022, 06:17 AM
I was about 10 or 11 when I tried on my mothers tights. This was in the mid 60's when tights were what would be called leggings today. I was immediately hooked. I began dressing fully in my late 40's and early 50's and now identify as transgender. But leggings remain my favorite article of clothing. I basically wear them 24/7.

Melanie Sykes
01-17-2022, 12:29 PM
I must have been about 7 or 8 years old when I first tried on a pair of my mother's tights and a long pleated skirt. Oh my. But I can remember wanting to wear my friend Rachel's clothes years before that. One morning we were in the garden before school (infants) and she was wearing a pair of black patent MJ school shoes and white knee socks. I remember looking at them and thinking that I'd love a pair of shoes like that. I must have been 4 maybe 5 years old at that point. The desire to dress has never left, although my tastes have evolved over the years along with my age.

britskye
01-17-2022, 12:58 PM
The first time i remember trying on women's clothes, were my mom's when i was about 12. The opportunities and desire to dress up largely disappeared until i was in my mid 20s, when someone left a couple pieces of clothes in an apartment laundry area. I "borrowed" them and wore them around my apartment for a few days before returning them to the laundry room.
After I got married, i occasionally would try on some of my wife's clothes.
Then over the last 6 months or so, I realized how much I want to be able to wear women's clothes. I currently sleep in a nightgown, but haven't pushed that boundary.

Femi9
01-29-2022, 11:37 AM
I used to try and get to the nursey school first, so I could wear the brides dress. I'd be 4 years old

JulieC
01-29-2022, 05:09 PM
I was 23 when I finally came to terms with the reality that this was part of me, and wasn't going away. I hadn't dressed in a couple of years due to a girlfriend. She expressed a desire to see me in pantyhose. I asked her about that recently, some decades on, and she doesn't remember it! Anyway, with the request I went and bought myself some pantyhose, came home, and put them on in preparation to going over to her place. The impact on me was...intense. I'm not talking about outward physical reactions. I'm talking about in my soul. I felt it in the very fibre of my being, and couldn't believe what I was feeling. I'd been dressing since age ~8, but this was the first time I had to admit it wasn't just a curiosity, a phase, etc. This was me.

That's when the real struggle of self acceptance began. Before that, I didn't have to contend with it being something I had to accept.

delta47
01-29-2022, 06:35 PM
Never really had an inclination until my 40’s.
Now it’s becoming a serious pursuit at our house

Catinka
01-29-2022, 11:46 PM
I first started when I was about 10 yo, finding som old clothes from my mum stored in the attic. I remember a couple of swimming suites, a bra and a slip which I stored in my bedroom and used in my first years of dressing.

Ginawannabe
01-31-2022, 03:38 PM
I started when I was 12 years old. My older sister and her friends would dress me up and treat me like one of the girls. I never told them that I enjoyed every minute of it.

66caprice
02-01-2022, 06:32 AM
When i was 13 my cousin was going to the local collage and my family lived on the bus route so she stayed with us . One day i saw her thow out a couple of bras and some panties . She is a smaller lady and what she threw out fit me perfectly . I snuck them out of the trash and tried them on and was in love with them . Had them for many years even though they became to small for me to wear .That was the 1970s . After the internet became a regular thing i bought some new ones . I love wearing bras and panties Even though my wife hates it .

Alice92
02-01-2022, 06:51 AM
As soon as I was old enough to be left home alone for a few minutes, I ran into my mother's and sister's room like in my dreams.

Karen G
02-01-2022, 05:59 PM
I was maybe 8 or 9 and it's the most beautiful experience. I'm glad I get to enjoy it but I'll love to be able to share it with the people I care. Maybe someday.

Heather76
02-02-2022, 12:01 AM
Actually, about my current age of 76. I didn't start wearing panties and stockings until age 74. About 1 month before I turned 76, I began wearing bras and dresses. I'm a late bloomer; but, I love it. I have completely accepted this part of me and relish in it.

Katie Lynn cd
02-02-2022, 10:57 AM
I was around 10…maybe 11 years old when I started dressing. My first attempt was in panties and a pair of thigh highs. It quickly escalated to full dressing and makeup. I will add that even though this is when I officially started, I do have a memory from around the age of 5 or 6 that I remember. My mother has a plastic bag full of stockings. One evening while she was watching TV in her bedroom she allowed me to try on every stocking and pair of pantyhose in that bag. I have no recollection as to how or why it started, but it is something I have always remembered.

Barbara Jo
02-02-2022, 09:44 PM
I think most of us started when we were quite young.
Then later in life we realized that this is how we will always be and it's who we are. It's a now of never sort of thing to much more fully explore one's female side.

Personally I "started" when i was 7 years old. which was about 1954. .I had a older and younger sister, Yes, I was a middle child.

It wasn't until much latter in life....in my '60s that I finally admitted to myself that I will always be like this and started to more fully embrace it for the most part
With no family in the area... and my few close friends have all died or moved away.

With a passable trim female type body, I now go out in pubic as Barbara quite often.... like shopping, going to movies etc .I almost always wear a skirt or dress.
I am now 74 years old and thankfully in excellent heath... and blessed with full head of long (grey) hair.

I try to be kind to all I meet an find that most everyone responds favorably to kindness. :)

HollyGreene
02-04-2022, 05:53 PM
Until I was about 4, I had never seen a girl. All the kids in my street were boys. Then a new family moved into the street. They had a daughter about my age. When I saw her for the first time, she was wearing a dress and she looked so pretty. I wished I looked like her.
Shortly afterwards, my sister was born.
By the time we were teenagers, I discovered some of her clothes would fit me, and I tried them as often as I could. Ever since I was 4 I knew I wanted to wear pretty, girly clothes.
Finally. I could, but it was my guilty secret.
By my 2nd year at university I was living alone, so I was able to obtain my own clothes and dress whenever I wanted. This was the time when I knew it was right for me, and my guilt disappeared.
That was in 1982, so I've been comfortable with it for 40 years now.
But such is society that most of the time I still have to hide everything.

JuliannaS
02-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Ive known this was who i am, all my life. ��

Kerry Michaels
02-06-2022, 12:24 PM
Wore things since I was a child but didn?t wear makeup, wig and heels until about 10 years ago. Mid 30s.

Janette
02-07-2022, 07:19 AM
I started dressing in my childhood and knew right away that there was something different about me so I guess I always have known who I was.

Fiona Manchmal
02-07-2022, 11:48 AM
Early forties. My first toe-dip was in my early teens but I was in my thirties and already one purge down before my first time fully dressed and made up (I didn't want the day to end). After a second purge, quickly followed by regret and grieving for lost garments, I knew Fiona was a fixture. I still worry about what might happen if she's discovered but I embrace her now and enjoy being her. And no more purging!

JustJennifer
02-07-2022, 01:42 PM
I dabbled a bit all throughout early childhood... trying on my mother's wigs, shoes and jewelry. It wasn't until I was maybe 11 or 12 when I finally had the house to myself alone all day that I went all out with the makeup and clothes. Seeing the transformation in the mirror was... well... transformative for me. On the one hand, I felt I finally had proof that I was born in the wrong body, but on the other hand I knew there wasn't anything I could do about it.

nicolegurl
02-27-2022, 09:05 AM
I don?t remember how old, maybe 11 but it was before I really knew much about what anything sexual was. I was alone and able to put on the bra, girdle (yes it was that long ago), stockings and heels for most of a day. I did this sporadically until I became interested in girls.

I really didn?t do it again until mid 20s while living and working far from home and anyone I knew. Had there been an internet back then I would likely have done it more but again sporadically until my late 30s

Kellyxx
02-27-2022, 03:49 PM
I started dressing when I was 12 and have done so on and off over the years. I'm 56 now.

Mary Loo
02-28-2022, 11:25 AM
I shared my answer in my introduction, but I think I was roughly 5 or 6. My Mom stored extra clothes in my bedroom closet and one time out of boredom I put think I put on a skirt. I actually got an erection and had no idea what was happening. I later mentioned it to my Mom and of course she immediately moved all the clothes elsewhere. I have two older sisters that I grew up with and when my parents divorced I was in the 2nd grade.

When my older sisters went off to college I was in the 6th grade. My then single mother was working full time to support us and thus I would come home to an empty house. A house which had a LOT of women’s clothes in it and as I aged I experimented more and more until in High School, if I didn’t have any plans it would be almost daily. For me is started as very sexual and every session would end as you might think under the teenage years.

Even now there is a strong possibility that a “session” will end by masturbating due to the immense feelings the clothes make me feel. BUT, lately I have had more frequent, but shorter sessions and not the time or effort to finish. Hmmmmm. I need to add to my post count so I will probably create a new thread, but I am interested to see what people think about low Testosterone and it’s effect on cross dressing tendencies and why guys in their 50s (I am 55) tend to increase or get more involved in cross dressing at this age.

ShirleyN
03-03-2022, 07:05 AM
I was 13 and had just started to go through puberty when I began my CD journey.

1Ladyjade
03-03-2022, 08:04 AM
I was 11 or 12 when I found the joy of wearing my moms dresses and slips. Then through out life I would put on anything femme I could. This year I am 52. Jade became real and she has her own clothes. Nothing borrowed.

jazmine
03-04-2022, 05:04 AM
I was in Nursery School so I think that would have put me around age 3. I also knew that is was something I needed to keep my mouth shut about, because I knew it wouldn't go over well with the adults.

Jade P
03-04-2022, 06:16 AM
Started around 12 with Mothers pantyhose and makeup. Tried to hide but was disovered many times over 30 plus years of marriage. Told my wife in 2018 at 53 that I am gender fluid and wont lie or hide my crossdressing from her anymore. But she doesnt like seeing me wearing feminine clothing. I epilate and love having smooth skin, love wearing panties, pantyhose and sometimes a little lipstick.

MsEva
03-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Guess I have know since I was about 5 or so. There is a lot of conflict about my early ventures into the world. Some i don't wish to bring up here, but I remember my brother who was stationed in Vietnam sent home a Vietnamese doll. She was sort of a "spy" that would try to make my GI Joe talk. She had a tight blue asian dress long black hair and high heels. I guess I sort of identified with her. Flash forward to about 13 years. I found some sexy vintage Merry Widow undergarments in the attic of our new house. I love putting those tight corset like garments on in the bathroom. I would be my parents would wonder why it took me so long to take a bath. I have been crossdressing since then.

Crystal120
03-23-2022, 08:12 PM
I was 9 when I tried on my moms stockings and slips. Hooked from then on.

Marsha Louise
03-24-2022, 10:20 PM
I'm someone who's relatively new to CDing, but browsing threads like this one do bring to mind episodes in my distant past when I was unwittingly introduced - and attracted - to the sensory joys of what is now known (and celebrated!) as crossdressing.
Like many of you, I was always envious of the fashions available to the women and girls in my life, and although I never acted on that feeling, I suppose I always held some deep subconscious desire to "look like them". I also have a tall, slim build that in many ways lends itself better to women's clothes than to men's, and now I'm dressing more in ways that really do improve how I look and feel.
For most of my life I wore baggy, oversized clothes that were certainly comfortable but looked ridiculous on my slight frame. BTW, I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs. and can easily fit into a size 6, sometimes even a 4.
Several years ago I read an article about how women's jeans fit much better than men's jeans on people with my build. This piqued my curiosity, and off I went to the local thrift store and bought three pairs of skinny jeans.
The fit and feel of them was amazing, but most of all I loved the feeling of being somehow "transformed"!
One thing led to another, of course, and here I am today, fashion liberated and enjoying this experience with all of you. Where it will ultimately lead me I really don't know, but so far it's been a most pleasant and satisfying journey.