PDA

View Full Version : Went shopping

tiffiany
04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
A while ago I posted a thread about me chickening out shopping. Chickened Out (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22227&page=1)

Well today I decided to go shopping at lyane bryant. So I walked in and I was nervous but I summed up the courage to ask the nice ladies a few questions and then browsed around. I then asked If I could try the clothes on and they said yes. So I tried on the clothes but had trouble with the sizes, so after a few attempts with the sizes and colors, I had my size but nothing I liked. So I asked the same lady that was helping me for suggestions on what kind of colors and clothes would look good on me. After picking out a few more clothes with her help, I went and tried them on and instantly liked what I put on and so I walked away with 2 long spring skirts, 2 tops that matched and a pair of womens jeans.

So while she's ringing me up, I asked if they did bra fittings and she said yes, as well as If I wanted to get measured now. I said I had things to do but that I would be back, she similed and said ok. I then thanked her and the other associate that helped me and left. As soon as I left I was on cloud nine. So, now Im sitting at home wearing the clothes I bought and I am feeling so good about myself. I will definitely be back for a bra fitting.

jackie
04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
wow , big brass ones , i got nervous just reading the post, good for u girl Jackie

Lisa Marie
04-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I would have givin them a nice extra special tip if I was you. But glad to see you had fun.

michelle_grrrl
04-07-2006, 05:24 PM
That's great Tiffiany I can tell you've got way more guts than me I buy all my clothes online but I'm happy for you hun but you gotta go back and get that bra fitting~!

nikisbest
04-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Good for you, I still haven't gotten the courage to try anything on.
I figured in closing you were going to say that you were at home kicking
yourself for not getting the bra fitting done.
Niki

Jennaie
04-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Congratulations shop girl:

Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Hope that you have many, many more. :happy:

tiffiany
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for all the complements. To end the day, I decided to go see a movie in fem drab. I wore my new jeans, one of my tops and girly stuff underneath.

I figured in closing you were going to say that you were at home kicking yourself for not getting the bra fitting done.Not really, I thought Id leave that till next time. I had such a wonderful time today just wearing the clothes I bought.

Thanks in advance.

Billijo49504
04-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Glad to hear you had a good experience. I've been to 10 different Lane Bryant stores, in 4 states. And each one treated me with respect and was happy to help me find what I was looking for. The one lady I asked about her thoughts, told me it's just a piece of cloth, who cares who buys it. I'm just happy to have a satisfied customer. As was your sales help...BJ:thumbsup:

joanlynn28
04-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Glad to see that you had a good time shopping. I myself have been going out shopping enfemme and had no second looks yet. I went to Walmart the other day to buy a present for my neice, and of course while I was there picked up a nice pair of jeans and high heel sandals that I have been wanting to get. It defininately helps that I easily pass, and just for some added safety I went and bought a box of tampons when I went to the grocery so nobody would ever suspect that I am not a GG. The best thing to hear to me is when a salesperson asks "Can I help you Ma'am, that is the biggest complement you could ask for. Yes, some day I plan to go all the way.

RachelDenise
04-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Way to go Tiffiany! I love LB mnyslf and am hoping for a little trip there next week.

steffie39
04-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi Tiffiany,

I'm happy for you. It's great shopping en-femme, isn't it? Late last year I was at a Lane Bryant and I got a bra fitting. The sales lady there was very nice and she found my right size and suggested a full coverage bra. It fi perfectly. You never forget your first bra fitting. :)

Keep up the great work and I hope you have many more pleasurable days ahead!

Steffie

Jodie_Lynn
04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Thats is a great and uplifting story. Thanks for sharing.

I went shopping myself yesterday. I went to the local Goodwill, and found a purse/organizer, a handbag, a pair of jeans and a top all for $21 dollars! Oh, and while there I looked at the small shelf of books (I'm a real book worm), And I found a book that just leaped out at me called: 'Beneath the Mask, An Introduction to Theories of Personality'. And the blurb on the cover made me buy it without even thumbing through it first. The blurb read "Masks reveal what they conceal. By donning some masks but not others, people disclose precisely what they would most shield. Indeed, a person does not hide behind a mask so much as struggle beneath the weight of it". Pretty appropriate, hmmm? It is a psychology book, and I hope to read through it at least once.

The funny thing was that usually, when I go shopping, I try to act as if I'm shopping for my wife, but yesterday, for some reason, I just didn't care if people looked or what they thought. I was shopping for ME, and it felt great. And the funny part is that when I showed the stuff to my wife, she saw the top and said "ooooh I like this, I may borrow this" LOL

Kimberly
04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
gratz all round!!! xx

suezeq
04-09-2006, 07:00 AM
just had 4 weeks in newzealand fantisic time got married there (no white dress )but picked up new tops ,skirts ect wife helped pick some no problems with staff even tried some on as well shoe shopping was great as well as one said they want your money , had to weigh case before checking in lolllllllllllll

EricaCD
04-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Well done! I love hearing how well these stories turn out so frequently. And it seems that Lane Bryant is definitely a worthwhile place to start our shopping adventures....

tiffiany
04-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I had the day off and decided to goto layne bryant again and get the bra sizing. I was nervous for some reason but summed up the courage and walked into the layne bryant store. I was greeted by two different sales associates and I explained my situation to them and they said it would be no problem and measured me for a bra. I then tried a few on and figured out my correct size. After picking out a few bras, I noticed they were having a sale on panties and I didnt have any, so I had to buy some. After deciding which ones I wanted, I was ready to pay. So I walked up to the counter and gave them my layne bryant card.

Well for some reason they were having problems with their computer system and so I let the lady behind me go while I was waiting to find out what was wrong. The lady was there with her two young boys and they were curious as why I was buying clothes in a womens store. Well the mom said "He's probably buying the clothes for his girlfriend". After she said that, the kids said ok mommy, and started horsing around. Being in a good mood, I said to the lady that I dont have a girlfriend and that they were for me. She smiled at me and said oh, are they. They then finally figured out my problem and they finished checking me out and I left.

As Im walking out of the store I recognize the sales lady that helped me before and she said "How are you doing?" and I said great. She then said "I see you bought more things" and I said yes. She then asked how my shopping experience was and I said it was great except for the problem with the computer system. She then says "did they resolve the issue for you". I said yes and then she said "Thats great, have a nice weekend" and I said the same thing back and left feeling really good about myself.

I then went home and spent the most of the day lounging around in my new bra and panties. Im so glad I went and got measured, as now the bras fit really well on me.