PDA

View Full Version : Did A Movie Or TV Show Get You Started?

Eric/a
04-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm curious as to whether any of you started dressing up because of something you saw in a movie or TV show. Two instances come to mind for me right away. One was in "Grease," where the girls are having a sleepover party and they've got on these shortie nightgowns with ruffled panties. As soon as I saw those, I wanted my own so bad! Only trouble was, with that movie set back in the 1950s, it's probably hard to find the same stuff now, but a sleeveless satin pajama top and a pair of ruffled pettipants is close enough! The other was in "Three's Company" whenever Suzanne Somers ("Chrissy") had on a babydoll nightie, again with the ruffled panties. I don't remember any of the other girls in the cast wearing those, but I remember thinking, if I'd been "Jack," my fantasy would be to try on "Chrissy's" stuff if the girls were ever away for a weekend. Come to think of it, he DID dress up in their stuff once, to hide from two FBI agents! So far I've got Seasons 1-5 of that on DVD, as well as babydolls as close to "Chrissy's" as I could find! Can anyone else think of movies or shows that you liked for these or other similar reasons?

Jennaie
04-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Tons of sites out there that sell ruffled panties.

Here's a start:

http://www.rufflesnlace.com/panties_panty_lace_rhumba.html

Amelie
04-07-2006, 08:00 PM
My name says it,,, Amelie.

Maybe my story is not the same as you mentioned.

I was in a very depressed state of mind, I have been that way for over a year. I didn't purge, but I also didn't go out, I did just about nothing for a year. Then I saw the film Amelie and I sort of broke out of my depression.

Amelie was how I used to be, and I wanted to be like her again. I wanted to go out and meet people, and be a little bit of a devil like Amelie of the movie was. So it was this film that brought me to my senses. So, for now I am kinda out of the woods but depression came a few times before and I'm sure it will come back, I just hope there is another film like Amelie to bring me back, because each bout of depression gets harder to recover from as I get older.

jo_ann
04-07-2006, 08:37 PM
probably the first thought I ever had of crossdressing (or transgender) was seeing ricky schroeder dressed as a girl on silver spoons. would ponder "hmm.. wonder what that would be like?".. then got serious about crossdressing (in the sense that people did this as a normal thing) when I saw men from the audience get dressed as women on donahue (probably back in.. 1986?)

susiej
04-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Back in the "old days", when I was growing up, and television was black and white, Playtex advertised bras on TV. Every time one of those commercials would come on, I found myself wondering how great it would be to wear one of those things -- and have the right stuff in the right places to put in it!

Elsewhere on this forum I have speculated that we gender-gifted girls are pre-wired to be the way we are, but something in our environment usually provides the trigger. For me, it could have been those ads on TV.

Hugs,
Susie

Helen MC
04-08-2006, 02:07 AM
With me in 1965 I feel it was a coming together of various factors. I had I now realise always had an attraction towards panties (in my case full briefs as worn by my sister, my mother and other girls and women in those times) and skirts and a subconcious urge to wear them which I finally satisfied when I was 12.

As regards TV programmes and films of the time, these were generally more prudish than modern versions but I can remember a few which had some resonance for me. One was a film called "The Parent Trap" where Hailey Mills gives a nice show of her panties as her skirt rides up. Then there was a British commediene called Hilda Baker who in one of her comic sketches fell over showing off her white cotton briefs and of course the famous picture of Marilyn Monroe from Seven Year Itch with her skirt blown up showing her lovely panties really turned me on. "Some like it hot" was also a great film for me with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon havng to dress as women to escape the gangsters . I can also remember a BBC documentary about male ballet dancers, long before "Billy Elliot" showing some lads in their teens as I was then myself doing their exercises at the bar and wearing GIRLS' navy blue cotton knickers just like my sister's and which I was then secretly wearing myself under my trousers. Finally, on BBC there was a programme "Come Dancing" on a Friday evening which often gave lovely shots of the women dancong and showing off their panties as their skirts rose up when they were spun round or of they were doing Latin American dancing.

Tamara Barclay
04-08-2006, 02:44 AM
I had and expierence during the beginning of puberty that I think locked in my urge to dress.
My bedroom was in the attic of this large house I grew up in. I went to bed wearing my moms long white silk nightie, and stayed up late to watch Tom Snyder, because Canary Conn, the TS was on. That night I had my first wet dream and ruined my moms silk nightie!

byrony
04-08-2006, 03:47 AM
I saw To Wong Foo, and have been dressing ever since.

MsEva
04-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Guess I am a bit older than most here...although it pains me to say that! I remember vaguely remember seeing The Bob Cummings Show with Julie Newmar as the robot..he if you can make a robot be a girl why not me..oh, and there was a female impersonator on Love Boat that opened my eyes to the possiblitiy of being a female if I wanted to be...

Joy Carter
04-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Tons of sites out there that sell ruffled panties.

Here's a start:

http://www.rufflesnlace.com/panties_panty_lace_rhumba.html
Don't buy the "Tatiana's" from here because they are half that at the "Tatiana" web sight.

Joy Carter
04-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I had a strong admeration for women and just about any female did it for me. From Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz ,The Lennin sisters on The Lawewnce Welk Show (just so cute) to Patty Duke. Joey Heatherton, Rachel Welch, Natalie Wood, See what I mean ! :o

Dena
04-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Drag was all over the TV when I was young and impressionable.
Bugs Bunny was one of the greatest drag artists!

As for thinking about girls' clothes after the show was over...

I saw an episode of Mission Impossible where a boy (Greg from
the Brady Bunch), had to dress as a girl to sneak out of the
country.

I have 5 older sisters and may have watched more beauty pagents than the aveage boy.

AlyssaT
04-09-2006, 03:55 PM
When I was seven years old (1977), I saw Jody Dallas (Billy Crystal) on Soap say he wanted to get a sex-change operation to be with his football-player boyfriend. I told my parents I wanted a sex-change operation, too.

Even though I'm ultimately just a hetero CD, and not TS, I guess it was the only way I could express my transgender feelings at the time.

In 1979, there was a short-lived series called "Turnabout," where a husband and wife magically switched bodies. I loved that one, too.

I also remembered the Silver Spoons episode where Ricky disguises himself as a girl. And I was a huge fan of the film Zorro, the Gay Blade, which proved that you can be both a crossdresser and dashing hero!

Rita Knight
04-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Little Rascals, "Our Gang Follies 1936." I am 52 years old and plenty of you gurlz saw this one on TV as kids. The plot is a vaudeville variety type show. The ending in Spanky and the gang doing a drag dance in gay 1890's costumes w/bustles. Everyone is told to do what Spanky does. Unbeknownst to Spanky, there is a monkey in his dress. The monkey does some mayhem, and he has to shed the lower part of his dress. Everyone else follows his lead. When I was in college, there was Flip Wilson as Geraldine.

Cherry Lynn
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Guess I am a bit older than most here...although it pains me to say that! I remember vaguely remember seeing The Bob Cummings Show with Julie Newmar as the robot..he if you can make a robot be a girl why not me..oh, and there was a female impersonator on Love Boat that opened my eyes to the possiblitiy of being a female if I wanted to be...

I believe I am older than you. I remember that show too but my craving started before that. When my mom would get a new Sears & Roebucks catalog I was in hog heaven. I just loved browsing the women's lingerie section.

Elizabeth Anne
04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Not really, but I always watched Dynasty & some of the older series that had the beautiful clothes on the actresses.

Eric/a
04-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I didn't think of it when I started this thread, but have any of you seen "Flower Drum Song?" It's a Rodgers & Hammerstein musical, and you usually wouldn't think of those as having scenes that would be exciting for a CD - definitely not in "Oklahoma!," "The Sound of Music," "State Fair," "South Pacific," etc., but "Flower Drum Song" had a song in it called "I Enjoy Being A Girl." It's when Nancy Kwan does a song & dance number as she's getting dressed for a date. If I remember, she had on a cami, chemise, or whatever, and some very high-heeled pink pumps. To top it off, the scene was made in front of a 3-way dressing mirror. If I'd seen that movie as a teenager, I'm sure it would have made me want to start CDing just as badly as any of the others I mentioned earlier!:D

MsJordan
04-12-2006, 09:03 PM
yep...not necessarily a tv show but seeing rupaul as a pubescent teen and how he was able to transform himself into a beautiful woman amazed me. Also movies such as "To Wong Foo" and most recently the TV show "He's a Lady."

He's A Lady actually prompted me to go from just pantyhose to going toward fully dressing. I figured if those guys can do, I can too but they had so much help!!

Karren H
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually the TV game show "He's a Lady" ot me re-energized about dressing again although I had already started the process a years or so before.

Love Karren

Jenna6
04-18-2006, 12:12 AM
*distracted* ooooooo ruffled panties, there so cute!
err um, back to subject...
through my 18 years of being on earth I watched ALLOT of anime. I guess that’s what got me started.... seeing all those beautiful dresses on those cute anime girls. Even more so when lets say the main hero has to crossdress and sneak into someplace or do something without being caught. I always look foreword to seeing stuff like that
I remember I use to have dreams about me being a spy… and having to impersonate as a girl and go undercover. I thought it was strange, but now I kind of think it was like my own little way of giving myself an excuses to crossdress without it being something of a life style… I guess, now that I’ve accepted it… I don’t have to keep giving myself excuses so I stopped having those dreams

Ellie
04-18-2006, 04:34 AM
It was a long time ago but I remember seeing a pantyhose commercial that spoke of the "invigerating silky feel". That got my attention.

And the rest is history... Herstory? :cheeky:

Toddles

Teresa Amina
04-18-2006, 04:56 AM
costumes w/bustles

Oooooh, Bustles! Always loved the old westerns and BBC dramas set in the 1800s where the ladies wore the gorgeous Bustle gowns. Oooooh! Still sends me just thinking about it. PS- my Bustle should be here any day now, then I'm going to have the dress made!

Angela Burke
04-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Although I'd been crossdressing for many years before I saw it.
Hayley Mills in the movie "Pollyanna" made a big impression on me.
There's a scene where she's in a dress shop wearing a white camisole and bloomers with a lace edging and black stockings.

Gurly
04-19-2006, 10:40 PM
I DESPERATELY want to look like Ginger on "Gilligan's Island" when I was a kid. Still do. She had some great dresses.

Casey Morgan
04-20-2006, 09:54 AM
but "Flower Drum Song" had a song in it called "I Enjoy Being A Girl."

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That song has been popping into my head on and off for a few weeks now and I've been going crazy trying to figure out where I know that from. The sad thing is I only saw it once.

Somewhere around the time I started (I've tried to block out so much that my timeline is pretty screwy) I saw this movie that really resonated with me. I'll be darned if I can remember what the movie was or what it was about. It might have had a part where this transwoman who used to be an Air Force officer goes on TV. But there's this teenage guy and his friend/girlfriend. She's talking about sex change operations. And he says something like, "For my next project maybe I'll make a woman... out of me." It didn't get me started but it sure was a reinforcer. I'm not a TS, not even a non-op, but just the idea of being able to be a girl. (And since I was a teen at the time that's what I would have been: a girl.)

michaela2
04-20-2006, 10:45 AM
For me the BBC series The Avengers and I wanted to wear everything and anything from Emma Peels wardrobe, and still do !! ;)

Yes I am
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
When I was very young I used to watch a show on Nickelodeon called "You Can't Do That On Television." This show was a children's sketch comedy show and it featured many sketches on various episodes in which a boy character is made by his mother to wear a dress or otherwise be dressed up like a girl for various reasons. These sketches had a pretty profound imact on me, as I realized that if I were in a similar scenario I wouldn't feel humiliation so much as I would feel bliss.

alysonatl
04-20-2006, 01:07 PM
When I first dressed, I pretended to be Elizabeth Taylor or Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie, or Natalie Wood. So, you might say television or media got me started.

erica michelle
04-20-2006, 01:19 PM
I would half to say that the show Bosom Buddies was the 1st time that i saw a corssdresser and it made me want to try out womens clothes.

Lindahexi
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I started wanting to dress in girls clothes very young, so I can't say that any movie or TV show started me off. But in my teens I worked in the Theatre with a show called 'Soldiers In Skirts'; chatting to the 'girls' for two shows a night and seeing them putting their makeup on, really excited me. Some of them were incredibly convincing, one girl used to sing soprano, she had a great voice and wore some gorgeous dresses. They were really happy days for me, I would have loved to tour with that company, but it all ended when I was conscripted into the Airforce by HM Government.

MsEva
04-20-2006, 03:19 PM
I would half to say that the show Bosom Buddies was the 1st time that i saw a corssdresser and it made me want to try out womens clothes.

Buffy and Hildegard? EEks..I am as Femme as the next CD but they didn't really play it up did they? I guess I love the Emma Peel thing from the Avengers too.

On a more modern tack, has anyone seen the Surreal WOrld on VH1? One of the Arquettes, Alex...ah I mean Alexis is a TS staring in the show...I had to google it to see her other works..it is amazing this girl gets around Hollywood.:happy:

KerriAnn
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
My greatest influences were certainly the television. With both my parents working it wasn't difficult to be able to view just about anything on the box.

I will never forget watching the classic bank robbery film Thunderbolt and Lightfoot on the telly, where Jeff Bridges gets all femmed up in preparation for a bank job. That was the initial spark signalling for me that it was ok to wear women's clothes. I was only six then. Later on that year I managed to stay up and watch a fly on the wall documentary on BBC2 detailed the trials and tribulations of a MtF transsexual from the initial steps of going to see the psychiatrist, then the shopping of fem clothes to the purging of all traces of drab clothes... right through to the SRS operation in the end. It raised a lot of questions in my head at the time. "Am I boy, do I want to be a girl?" was the biggest one still bouncing about in my head as I entered adolescence.

Seeing women wearing their dainty lingerie, the bras, pants, stockings and suspenders in shows such as The Benny Hill Show made me want to give it a try too. The urge to try these on was go great that one night I thought I'd try some of my mum's on one quiet night alone in the house. That was it, the point of no return. I had realised it felt really nice, and I would never want to give this feeling up.

I went through a spell of watching period dramas such as The Rainbow starring Amanda Donohoe and Imogen Stubbs and wanting to wear similar costumes. More recently as I started watching more Japanese Anime I have been greatly fascinated by a lot of the female costume designs in series such as Ahh My Goddess! and Card Captor Sakura. I am toying heavily with the idea of going to my next Anime convention crossplaying, but oh what to wear and where to get it. If only I learnt how to make my own clothes with my mum's sewing machine.