PDA

View Full Version : my daughter asked me a question

missjoann49
01-11-2022, 12:35 PM
I am very lucky to have a supportive daughter, we do a lot of things together.
She is very fussy the way I dress and always trying to get me to try different styles of clothing
Last night we went out for dinner, and she asked me why I didn't have my ears pierced.
I told her I never gave it a thought and thought I was to old. She laughed and said that clip on earrings
are so old fashioned. She then said that we are going to change that this weekend
She told me that I always look so nice, and if I am going to continue on this journey you are going
to do it the right way
I am so lucky to have her for my daughter

docrobbysherry
01-11-2022, 12:41 PM
May we assume your daughter is an adult?:thumbsup:

missjoann49
01-11-2022, 12:46 PM
May we assume your daughter is an adult?:thumbsup:

Very much so early 50"s

ziggie
01-11-2022, 12:51 PM
She is right, you know. It is never too late and clip on earrings are a throwback to my mother's generation.:)

Raychel
01-11-2022, 12:55 PM
Sounds like a pretty awesome daughter and a great relationship you have with her

April Rose
01-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Joann, I have had my ears pierced for more than six months now. I wear gold hoops the size of a nickel when in drab and never take them out. To date I have had exactly 2 comments, both positive, from my hairdresser and my dental hygienist. We don't live that far apart, so I am willing to bet your experience would be the same.

It turns out I have very sensitive earlobes, so I have to have good quality earrings, and had to be very careful with the piercing for the first few months. So you might want to be aware of that.

I'm 71. You're not too old.

It must be so much fun to have a daughter who is into helping you with your look!

Krea
01-11-2022, 01:34 PM
That's awesome Joann. :cheer:
Your daughter is truly accepting.
Enjoy your new earrings! It's not really an issue anymore, so you shouldn't have any negative reactions.

missjoann49
01-11-2022, 02:00 PM
Joann, I have had my ears pierced for more than six months now. I wear gold hoops the size of a nickel when in drab and never take them out. To date I have had exactly 2 comments, both positive, from my hairdresser and my dental hygienist. We don't live that far apart, so I am willing to bet your experience would be the same.

It turns out I have very sensitive earlobes, so I have to have good quality earrings, and had to be very careful with the piercing for the first few months. So you might want to be aware of that.

I'm 71. You're not too old.

It must be so much fun to have a daughter who is into helping you with your look!

Thank you April, your support means a lot

Jolene Robertson
01-11-2022, 02:09 PM
Hi Joann, That's great and your daughter is right, never too old. It's wonderful to have accepting family. Enjoy all the new earrings that you can start collecting now.

missjoann49
01-11-2022, 03:12 PM
Thank you Jolene

Crissy 107
01-11-2022, 03:23 PM
Joann, You do have an awesome daughter, you will have to let us know how you do. Lucky you!

missjoann49
01-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Thank you Crissy, I will do that

JocelynJames
01-11-2022, 07:36 PM
It?s funny she said that clip ons are old fashioned. My wife just got an Emerald pair and a broach from her mom that belonged to my wife?s grandmother. She gave them to me. Maybe I?ll start a post and feature a different set of clip ons with different outfit and maybe even different hair! Enjoy getting pierced. I have one from my 80s rocker days, but it?s probably since closed up.

alwayshave
01-11-2022, 07:54 PM
Joann, It is wonderful that your daughter is so encouraging. I would love to get my ears pierced, but my work life does prevent it. Besides, if I did, what would I do with the 50+ pair of vintage clip-on earrings I have?

Heather76
01-11-2022, 08:11 PM
Joann, that is amazing. I've no idea the reaction I'd get from my daughter (age 51) if I told her I enjoyed cross dressing. And, I only under dress. If I dressed totally for the whole world to see, I believe she might go into cardiac arrest. You are so lucky to have A) a daughter so accepting and B) a personal fashion/beauty consultant there to help you anytime you need it.

CynthiaD
01-11-2022, 10:02 PM
It’s great you have a supportive daughter. Congratulations on that!

Yes, get your ears pierced! It only takes a few minutes, and it gives you many more options. I’ve tried clipons and they hurt. You can wear pierced-ear earrings all day and never notice them. Magnetic earrings are even worse than clipons. Magnetics start to ache after just a few minutes.

kimdl93
01-12-2022, 07:25 AM
You do really have a great daughter and a great guide for your journey!

Cheryl T
01-12-2022, 11:31 AM
What a daughter.
You will love having pierced ears. I wish I hadn't waited so long but so glad I did mine 20 years ago.

Jenni6521
01-12-2022, 11:49 AM
I have had mine pierced for a long time. I started with one. Then decided sometime in 2000 that I would get the left ear done. My daughter wanted to get another set done a few years ago and asked if I would like to get a second set and she would pay for them. I agreed. I have a lot of problem with earrings also. I have a nickel allergy so I have to wear surgical steel. I started to develop problems with the second set and stopped wearing them. Earrings no problem with my wife. My daughter does not know about my dressing.

It is great that you have such a supportive daughter!

BTWimRobin
01-12-2022, 05:06 PM
Hi Joanne,

You truly have an amazing daughter. Sounds like you girls need to plan a day to get your ears pierced.

GracieRose
01-12-2022, 06:52 PM
WOW!
Your daughter sounds like such a blessing.

Violetgray
01-13-2022, 12:36 AM
My only regret getting my ears pierced is that I didn't do it sooner. Clip-on earrings hurt way worse than getting your ears pierced.

missjoann49
01-13-2022, 09:08 AM
Hi Joanne,

You truly have an amazing daughter. Sounds like you girls need to plan a day to get your ears pierced.

We are going on Saturday, and now she tells me she has made an appointment for both of us to get our nails done also

- - - Updated - - -

WOW!
Your daughter sounds like such a blessing.

Hi Gracie, yes she is. I am very lucky to have her support

Crissy 107
01-13-2022, 09:21 AM
Joann, Going with your daughter to get your ears pierced and then getting your nails done, wow, how absolutely lucky can you get. :)

BTWimRobin
01-13-2022, 12:47 PM
Joanne, how cool is that. Sounds like she has a special day planned. Have fun!

Beverley Sims
01-17-2022, 10:52 AM
Support from any family member is always a bonus and makes life easy.